The Psychology of Campus PC

Yup.

Hey, liberals in 1932 Germany probably said things like this.^^^^^ They felt pretty stupid when they were on their way to the ovens.
Get that embarraszing bullshit out of here. You are the one failing on this issue, not them.

And if that's why they are at a university, they're not there for the right reason. Thanks for helping make my point!

Actually, getting a degree is the ONLY reason to go to a university... at least until people figure out what a worthless scam higher education is.

But in the meantime, no one should have to put up with a creep like Coulter.
No, it isn't. The reason is education and development of intellectualism, which includes free exchange of ideas and developing the ability to meet argumemt with argument. You keep trying to impose your narrow little view of what universities are (contrived solely to suit your own argument) , and I keep rejecting it.

No, it isn't. The reason is education and development of intellectualism, which includes free exchange of ideas and developing the ability to meet argumemt with argument. You keep trying to impose your narrow little view of what universities are (contrived solely to suit your own argument) , and I keep rejecting it.

Yup, I know the type. The guys who were at University for 10 years and still where nowhere near getting their degree.

No it doesn't, and you discredit yourself with your ridiculous hyperbole.

Yesterday, Trump called for pulling the broadcast licenses of networks that criticize him... um, yeah, that's exactly what this looks like.

Yup, I know the type. The guys who were at University for 10 years and still where nowhere near getting their degree.

No it doesn't, and you discredit yourself with your ridiculous hyperbole.

Yesterday, Trump called for pulling the broadcast licenses of networks that criticize him... um, yeah, that's exactly what this looks like.
Excuse you....if your argument relies on such sweeping characterizations that you could not possibly know the truth of, then your argument sucks big donkey.

And yes, this does resemble the whining of Trump. Very closely, actually. With the difference being that Trump's impotent whining just started a discussion and embarrassed him, while campus crybabies have actually succeeded in shutting down free speech. Oops, ya kinda stepped in it, there.

And yes, this does resemble the whining of Trump. Very closely, actually. With the difference being that Trump's impotent whining just started a discussion and embarrassed him, while campus crybabies have actually succeeded in shutting down free speech. Oops, ya kinda stepped in it, there.

Not really. But you keep pretending that Ann Coulter's nasty mouth is the same as NBC or CNN

Not really. But you keep pretending that Ann Coulter's nasty mouth is the same as NBC or CNN
Yes, really. I did not equate Coulter with anyone, that's your straw man that you created because ypur arguments are fairly weak. No, all you really have in the end is "Loudest is correctest!" I'm not too concerned...your arguments are losing arguments. Over time, they will be defeated.

Yes, really. I did not equate Coulter with anyone, that's your straw man that you created because ypur arguments are fairly weak. No, all you really have in the end is "Loudest is correctest!" I'm not too concerned...your arguments are losing arguments. Over time, they will be defeated.

You keep telling yourself that, but universities realize at the end of the day they are a business... and people like Ann Coulter are bad for business.

I should also point out, that not even Fox News has Coulter on as a guest anymore, and nearly every newspaper that used to carry her column doesn't.

You keep telling yourself that, but universities realize at the end of the day they are a business... and people like Ann Coulter are bad for business.

I should also point out, that not even Fox News has Coulter on as a guest anymore, and nearly every newspaper that used to carry her column doesn't.
I don't have to tell myself anything. The sincere pushback has only just begun, and it's coming from liberal intellectuals. And you have this very poor habit of trying to focus on the merits of one individual, while everyone else is arguing the general principles at work, here. I hope everyone on the wrong side of this argument (your side) is equally happy to marginalize themselves and their own arguments with such poor tactics. If that is the case, this will all be over very soon.

I don't have to tell myself anything. The sincere pushback has only just begun, and it's coming from liberal intellectuals. And you have this very poor habit of trying to focus on the merits of one individual, while everyone else is arguing the general principles at work, here.

But it's always about individuals who are beyond the pale. The thing is, why should Berkeley give Coulter a platform when even Fox News is tired of her shit?

I don't have to tell myself anything. The sincere pushback has only just begun, and it's coming from liberal intellectuals. And you have this very poor habit of trying to focus on the merits of one individual, while everyone else is arguing the general principles at work, here.

But it's always about individuals who are beyond the pale. The thing is, why should Berkeley give Coulter a platform when even Fox News is tired of her shit?
"But it's always about individuals who are beyond the pale."

No, see, that's where you're wrong. Opinions vary. And you just gave a perfect example of why this is all unethical and wrong.

No, see, that's where you're wrong. Opinions vary. And you just gave a perfect example of why this is all unethical and wrong.

Yes, opinions vary. College kids who don't want people like Maher and Coulter on their campus they are paying $42,000 to be at are well within their rights.

Fuck, if I were paying $42,000 for something, I'd want fucking daily foot massages.

Yes, opinions vary. College kids who don't want people like Maher and Coulter on their campus they are paying $42,000 to be at are well within their rights.

Fuck, if I were paying $42,000 for something, I'd want fucking daily foot massages.
And the "kids" ( pampering their little asses before the discussion even starts, I see) who did want them there, which includes a lot of people who disagree with the speakers (not every college student needs the whole world as a safe space), are also paying tuition. So that argument is stupid, and you should have dropped it 5 pages ago.

Who gives a shit what "extras" you or they want? That tuition money buys them the honor of being at a university and of having access to its resources. It does not buy them the university itself, or control over the ideas exchanged within it.

And the "kids" ( pampering their little asses before the discussion even starts, I see) who did want them there, which includes a lot of people who disagree with the speakers (not every college student needs the whole world as a safe space), are also paying tuition. So that argument is stupid, and you should have dropped it 5 pages ago.

Who gives a shit what "extras" you or they want? That tuition money buys them the honor of being at a university and of having access to its resources. It does not buy them the university itself, or control over the ideas exchanged within it.

Again,if you are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to secure the place for Ms. Coulter because she is such a horrible creature, that really does impose on the students paying 42K to be there.

Anyone who wants to hear anything Ann Coulter has to say probably has no business being on a university.

That's exactly right, and the momentum is building. REAL liberals DEMAND freedom of expression, REAL liberals aren't afraid of opposing speech, and they're starting to speak up.

Thank goodness.

Naw, nobody cares about your fake issue.

Because the campus snowflake mentality is infecting every quarter of our society.

Again,if you are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to secure the place for Ms. Coulter because she is such a horrible creature, that really does impose on the students paying 42K to be there.

Anyone who wants to hear anything Ann Coulter has to say probably has no business being on a university.

That's exactly right, and the momentum is building. REAL liberals DEMAND freedom of expression, REAL liberals aren't afraid of opposing speech, and they're starting to speak up.

Thank goodness.

Naw, nobody cares about your fake issue.
It does not impose on them. What an embarrassingly stupid idea. No offense, but that is utterly moronic and ethically backwards. Talk about "fake issues"...that retarded idea is as fake as it gets.

Forum List

Back