The racial history of tipping

Prove it.

It had nothing to do with tipping. She is lying bad

The Racist History of Minimum Wage Laws | Chris Calton

In 1966, Milton Friedman wrote an op-ed for Newsweek entitled "Minimum Wage Rates." In it, he argued "that the minimum-wage law is the most anti-Negro law on our statute books." He was, of course, referring to the then-present era, after the far more explicitly racist laws from the slavery and segregation eras of United States history had already been done away with. But his observation about the racist effects of minimum wage laws can be traced back to the nineteenth century, and they continue to have a disproportionately deleterious effect on African-Americans into the present day.

The earliest of such laws were regulations passed in regards to the railroad industry. At the end of the nineteenth century, as Dr. Walter Williams points out, "On some railroads — most notably in the South — blacks were 85–90 percent of the firemen, 27 percent of the brakemen, and 12 percent of the switchmen."1

The Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen, unable to block railroad companies from hiring the non-unionized black workers, called for regulations preventing the employment of blacks. In 1909, a compromise was offered: a minimum wage, which was to be imposed equally on all races.

Forbes nothing to do with tipping

On The Historically Racist Motivations Behind Minimum Wage

In 1925, a minimum-wage law was passed in the Canadian province of British Columbia, with the intent and effect of pricing Japanese immigrants out of jobs in the lumbering industry.

A Harvard professor of that era referred approvingly to Australia’s minimum wage law as a means to “protect the white Australian’s standard of living from the invidious competition of the colored races, particularly of the Chinese” who were willing to work for less.

In South Africa during the era of apartheid, white labor unions urged that a minimum-wage law be applied to all races, to keep black workers from taking jobs away from white unionized workers by working for less than the union pay scale.”
All of those countries are not in the US dummy.

It was a circle around the world, to prevent minoritys from working.. nothing to do with tipping troll..
So why are tipped employees paid less you buffoon?

Because the good ones make more money, when I was married to my now deceased wife I was making 65 grand a year, after taxes and all that crap.. $ 700 a week ,

She could pull out her IHOP or Apple bees string $300 bucks in one day.. the check was useless to her.

It had nothing to do with tipping. She is lying bad

The Racist History of Minimum Wage Laws | Chris Calton

In 1966, Milton Friedman wrote an op-ed for Newsweek entitled "Minimum Wage Rates." In it, he argued "that the minimum-wage law is the most anti-Negro law on our statute books." He was, of course, referring to the then-present era, after the far more explicitly racist laws from the slavery and segregation eras of United States history had already been done away with. But his observation about the racist effects of minimum wage laws can be traced back to the nineteenth century, and they continue to have a disproportionately deleterious effect on African-Americans into the present day.

The earliest of such laws were regulations passed in regards to the railroad industry. At the end of the nineteenth century, as Dr. Walter Williams points out, "On some railroads — most notably in the South — blacks were 85–90 percent of the firemen, 27 percent of the brakemen, and 12 percent of the switchmen."1

The Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen, unable to block railroad companies from hiring the non-unionized black workers, called for regulations preventing the employment of blacks. In 1909, a compromise was offered: a minimum wage, which was to be imposed equally on all races.

In 1925, a minimum-wage law was passed in the Canadian province of British Columbia, with the intent and effect of pricing Japanese immigrants out of jobs in the lumbering industry.

A Harvard professor of that era referred approvingly to Australia’s minimum wage law as a means to “protect the white Australian’s standard of living from the invidious competition of the colored races, particularly of the Chinese” who were willing to work for less.

In South Africa during the era of apartheid, white labor unions urged that a minimum-wage law be applied to all races, to keep black workers from taking jobs away from white unionized workers by working for less than the union pay scale.”

It was a circle around the world, to prevent minoritys from working.. nothing to do with tipping troll..

Because the good ones make more money, when I was married to my now deceased wife I was making 65 grand a year, after taxes and all that crap.. $ 700 a week ,

She could pull out her IHOP or Apple bees string $300 bucks in one day.. the check was useless to her.
I know you arent that bright but your tips have jack shit to do with what the employer is supposed to pay you. If min wage is $15 you should get that and your tips.

I know you arent that bright but your tips have jack shit to do with what the employer is supposed to pay you. If min wage is $15 you should get that and your tips.

No they make way more then $15 bucks an hour

I was in this dive titty bar , and one of the strippers was talking to me, trying to hustle me, it turns out she owned a huge mansion on lake kewowe in south Carolina, she asked me to wait around and drive her home..so I did..

But I am cute and knowledgeable..i always get the girls.

No they make way more then $15 bucks an hour

I was in this dive titty bar , and one of the strippers was talking to me, trying to hustle me, it turns out she owned a huge mansion on lake kewowe in south Carolina, she asked me to wait around and drive her home..so I did..
Thats why I said "if" you dummy. It was a hypothetical. See what I mean about your reading comprehension?

I dont see how your fantasy has anything to do with what we are discussing?

But I am cute and knowledgeable..i always get the girls.
Girls like ugly things and call them cute all the time. No one is going to believe you are knowledgeable.

Ask any waiter or waitress who is the worst tippers?
My mom and me were at our favorite restaurant once and while we were there, a group of people from a church eventually left and when they left, not one person in the group had bothered to leave a tip. One person in the group did however leave their dentures behind and when they came back to get them, the dentures were given to them, but a tip of any form still was not handed out. After they left, my mom said to the waitress, "You should've said to them that if they weren't going to leave a tip that you were not going to give them their teeth!" :D :D :D

God bless you and my mom and the waitress always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, if the wait staff is good and the people at my favorite places are, something should be left for them because that is where most of their pay comes from which brings me to this question. Why are the wages for a waiter person so lousy in the first place?

Ask any waiter or waitress who is the worst tippers?
My mom and me were at our favorite restaurant once and while we were there, a group of people from a church eventually left and when they left, not one person in the group had bothered to leave a tip. One person in the group did however leave their dentures behind and when they came back to get them, the dentures were given to them, but a tip of any form still was not handed out. After they left, my mom said to the waitress, "You should've said to them that if they weren't going to leave a tip that you were not going to give them their teeth!" :D :D :D

God bless you and my mom and the waitress always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, if the wait staff is good and the people at my favorite places are, something should be left for them because that is where most of their pay comes from which brings me to this question. Why are the wages for a waiter person so lousy in the first place?
Did you read the OP?

Forum List

Back