The reason homosexuality is a choice

But what does that truth afford you? Does it change your view on the group in question?

The truth affords you the truth. It would most certainly change your view on the group in question. That doesn't mean, however, that you would somehow find a reason to hate or discriminate gays.

But imagine if we discovered that some people are homosexuals because of a chemical imbalance and that one day they could electively obtain treatment if they so choose? Or perhaps some people are homosexuals because of traumatic experiences in childhood that could be reversed with the right counseling. All of this is speculation at this point since, as I've said, the jury is still out, but imagine the possibilities. Unfortunately, there seems to be many people who are afraid of finding the truth or want to maintain the status quo or whatever, so we may never know.

I believe that would be the case with most people. Many hate groups try to position the truth in order to justify their hate.

But what does that truth afford you? Does it change your view on the group in question?

The truth affords you the truth. It would most certainly change your view on the group in question. That doesn't mean, however, that you would somehow find a reason to hate or discriminate gays.

But imagine if we discovered that some people are homosexuals because of a chemical imbalance and that one day they could electively obtain treatment if they so choose? Or perhaps some people are homosexuals because of traumatic experiences in childhood that could be reversed with the right counseling. All of this is speculation at this point since, as I've said, the jury is still out, but imagine the possibilities. Unfortunately, there seems to be many people who are afraid of finding the truth or want to maintain the status quo or whatever, so we may never know.

That's hilarious. Thanks for backing up I said about the agenda to view homosexuality as a disease.

They'd say all science has proven is homosexuality is a disease and doctors need to create a vaccine. ......parents would have ther newborns tested and "inoculated."
Homosexuality is NO different than any other disease.

If there was an vaccine that could be given to a child to prevent it.

Any normal parent would give the treatment to their child.

I must have missed the link to the medical/scientific evidence homosexuality is a disease. Where is that link?

They'd say all science has proven is homosexuality is a disease and doctors need to create a vaccine. ......parents would have ther newborns tested and "inoculated."

I must have missed the link to the medical/scientific evidence homosexuality is a disease. Where is that link?
I never said it was a disease.

I said it was NO different than any other disease.

Homosexuality causes a variety of problems; be they social or mental.

Much like alcoholism that is now classified as a disease.

Yet, there is no viruses or bacteria involved.

I never said it was a disease.

I said it was NO different than any other disease.

Homosexuality causes a variety of problems; be they social or mental.

Much like alcoholism that is now classified as a disease.

Yet, there is no viruses or bacteria involved.

You're no different than any other child molester.

☭proletarian☭;1928049 said:
How is murder among people natural?

That which happens in nature is natural by definition

homicide occurs in nature

therefore, homicide is natural

Homicide does not occur in nature. What is nature anyways? It's a bullshit term.

Chimpanzee groups will go attack and kill other Chimpanzee groups. Even eat the young. Males in many predatory species will kill each other for dominance.

☭proletarian☭;1928243 said:

Homicide does not occur in nature.
People don't kill eachother? Ever? They never have?

What is nature anyways? It's a bullshit term.
(n) nature the natural physical world

I never said people don't kill each other. Saying it is natural for people to kill each other is ridiculous. Millions of kids are around each other at school with sharp objects but you don't hear about massacres as a natural occurrence. The problem with the Christian theology that paints humans as pure shit is it's in direct conflict with Christ's message.

As for your definition of nature.....ummmmmm.....you were using it as a tool for posturing the ontology of humans now you want to limit it to objects?

Saying it is natural for people to kill each other is ridiculous.

:eusa_eh:

Do not all other known mammals kill eachother?

Are not people known to kill eachother without some other person controlling them like puppets?
Millions of kids are around each other at school with sharp objects but you don't hear about massacres as a natural occurrence.

People kill eachother all the time. Oft, the motives boil down, in the end, to resources and women- in other words, mating and reproduction.
The problem with the Christian theology that paints humans as pure shit is it's in direct conflict with Christ's message.

Who said anything about Christianity? :eusa_eh:

Homicide does not occur in nature. What is nature anyways? It's a bullshit term.

Chimpanzee groups will go attack and kill other Chimpanzee groups. Even eat the young. Males in many predatory species will kill each other for dominance.

Animals are not agents capable of homicide. That is a term created by us for us. Well, all that is true for all terms in any language.

An alternative use of 'homicide' comes from the use of 'homo' (same), resulting in the meaning 'the killing of one's own kind'. This is the 'homo' used in terms as 'homosexuality'. The reason this sense of the word is not oft used is simply because the Law is written with humans in mind.

Animals kill eachother.

Humans are animals and are no exception.

People kill eachother in the Natural State as well as in all known forms of civilization and governance.

That you think people never kill eachother unless under the influence of something wholly outside of nature and therefore supernatural by definition reveals your ignorance. That you think whether something is natural is of any relevance when discussing what should or should be permitted of human behavior reveals your stupidity.

☭proletarian☭;1928790 said:
Saying it is natural for people to kill each other is ridiculous.

:eusa_eh:

Do not all other known mammals kill eachother?

Are not people known to kill eachother without some other person controlling them like puppets?
Millions of kids are around each other at school with sharp objects but you don't hear about massacres as a natural occurrence.

People kill eachother all the time. Oft, the motives boil down, in the end, to resources and women- in other words, mating and reproduction.
The problem with the Christian theology that paints humans as pure shit is it's in direct conflict with Christ's message.

Who said anything about Christianity? :eusa_eh:

I believe it was on the previous page....saying even if homosexuality is natural it is still wrong. Christian or not, many hold that same embarrassing position.

Forum List

Back