The Red State War On Gay Marriage

I don't believe the bible contains any condemnations of loving consenting adult same sex relationships. I believe that those that use it to justify anti gay bigotry misinterpret it, just as you believe that those that used the bible to justify racism do. Understand?

Well there you go. Seawytch doesn't believe that Jude 1 or Romans 1 exists in the Bible so christians, nothing to worry about! You have Seawytch's interpretation to hang the fate of your soul on.

Another version of "I don't believe" is in full operation at the APA where public stances on issues surrounding any aspect of the cult of LGBT's behaviors [including medically-assisted self amputation of healthy organs] are screened through "beliefs" and not actual science...

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

Mayo Clinic 2007

One of the most obvious examples of an environmental
factor that increases the chances of an individual becoming
an offender is if he or she were sexually abused as a child
This relationship is known as the “victim-to-abuser cycle”
or “abused-abusers phenomena.”

why the “abuse dabusers phenomena” occurs: identification with the aggressor,
in which the abused child is trying to gain a new
identity by becoming the abuser; an imprinted sexual
arousal pattern
established by early abuse; early abuse
leading to hypersexual behavior; or a form of social learning took place

http://www.drrichardhall.com/Articles/pedophiles.pdf

So now it's religious rights vs civil liberties... ok. Carry on.

Religious freedom used to chip away at LGBT rights | MSNBC

With court victories everywhere from Virginia to Utah, LGBT rights activists seem to be winning the fight over same-sex marriage. Yet even as same-sex couples celebrate hard-won victories, conservative activists in states all over the country are pushing back – sponsoring legislation that would allow businesses to discriminate against same sex couples.

funny how libs response to someone who want to own a gun in a state that restricts them is move to a gun friendly state. Libs = heroes of hypocrisy

What specifically do they misinterpret regarding the gay issue? And what did I misinterpret?

You are failing to love your neighbor as yourself.

That's not what I asked, I'll wait for the person I asked to give an answer.

And fwiw, christians trying to turn someone away from what they believe is sin IS loving their neighbors as themselves.

That isn't what you are doing. You are not being honest with yourself. You are twisting Bible verses and using them as an excuse to not love your neighbor as yourself.

It is not easy to effectively love your neighbor as yourself. You need to get beyond yourself and your own prejudices and your own pride. You have to be smart and educated and compassionate. You are being tested and at this point you are failing. Be comforted that we all fail. Maybe one day you will let go of your hate.

That isn't what you are doing. You are not being honest with yourself. You are twisting Bible verses and using them as an excuse to not love your neighbor as yourself.

It is not easy to effectively love your neighbor as yourself. You need to get beyond yourself and your own prejudices and your own pride. You have to be smart and educated and compassionate. You are being tested and at this point you are failing. Be comforted that we all fail. Maybe one day you will let go of your hate.

Not loving one's neighbor as oneself is a far lesser crime than destroying the fabric of God's plan to promote homosexuality as a cultural icon. One is a venial sin that can be mitigated and does very little overall harm to the Plan, and is merely a test of the individual. Destroying God's matrix by introducing the forbidden as the "normal" is like destroying the entire school where the pupil is tested...

BIG problem. Mortal sin. And the command is to "earnestly contend" against enabling that sin.

Forum List

Back