The "Redskins" crap is just that, Liberal Crap!!

If Redskins is a derogatory word, why would someone choose to name their own team " the Redskins " ? I think it's time that the liberals stop defining things for us.

A racist owner who didn't want blacks on his team?

10492198_10201342451522477_6667042441187293618_n.jpg

So conservatives are now ashamed of the name of the father of our country? Yet at the same time they are proud of racial slurs?

No we're ashamed so much idiocy resides there and thinks this is a pressing issue or even needs any second of govt attn.

So conservatives are now ashamed of the name of the father of our country? Yet at the same time they are proud of racial slurs?

Typical attempt to distort.

Washington is the name of the city where the three corrupt branches of govt are headquartered. You've heard of it, right?

No one said anything about George Washington, did they?

Just asking. You are the ones offended by the name Washington, not me. You didn't say you offended by the word "government". You said you were offended by the word "Washington". You didn't specify whether it was the state, the county, the city, the monument, or anything else named for the man.

Snyder may prevail on appeal, the trademark remains for now. The slur remains a slur however.

Most lefties on this site would identify me as a right-wing gun nut (among other ignorant identifications). I used to think that the name "Redskin" was no big deal, and just another manufactured crisis from the liberal "thought police". Well, I heard an interesting interview with Jesse Ventura, and to paraphrase it, he said...

Would you as a white person (or black person or Mexican) walk up to a few native americans and say, "Hey Redskin! How ya doing?"

I no longer think that the moniker "Redskin" is a harmless name. The fact that I'd feel uncomfortable going up to some native americans and saying that changed my position on this topic.

And FWIW, I'm 1/4 Blackfoot.

Most lefties on this site would identify me as a right-wing gun nut (among other ignorant identifications). I used to think that the name "Redskin" was no big deal, and just another manufactured crisis from the liberal "thought police". Well, I heard an interesting interview with Jesse Ventura, and to paraphrase it, he said...

Would you as a white person (or black person or Mexican) walk up to a few native americans and say, "Hey Redskin! How ya doing?"

I no longer think that the moniker "Redskin" is a harmless name. The fact that I'd feel uncomfortable going up to some native americans and saying that changed my position on this topic.

Thank you for this post, and I am a "Radical Centrist" that respects all of the US Constitution, not just the "parts" I like.

Who would walk up to a Native American and say, "Hey Native American! How ya doing?

Who would walk up to a Native American and say, Hey Indian! How ya doing?

Who would walk up to a African American and say, Hey African American! how ya doing?

When I speak with someone, race does not enter into the equation, them as a person, enters into the equation.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I'm a liberal. I think the team ought to be free to use whatever name they want.

So...this is not liberal crap.

Try again.

Yes it is liberal crap when you have all the liberal senators sign a letter to Snyder. Pay attention

Reading this thread, it would appear that there are several people that wouldn't have a problem calling people racial slurs. Behind their backs, most likely.

People who aren't offended by racial slurs probably haven't been on the receiving side.

Reading this thread, it would appear that there are several people that wouldn't have a problem calling people racial slurs. Behind their backs, most likely.

People who aren't offended by racial slurs probably haven't been on the receiving side.

It has become a left/right name calling contest, obscuring the historical definition of the word. And Angus King is now a "liberal'.

I'm a liberal. I think the team ought to be free to use whatever name they want.

So...this is not liberal crap.

Try again.

Yes it is liberal crap when you have all the liberal senators sign a letter to Snyder. Pay attention

Angus King is hardly liberal, and CNN has a well thought opposing view as usual:

Opinion: Why Redskins decision is wrong - CNN.com
Prolly never been to a football game either

So many people offended that a rich white guy can't call his team what he wants to call it.

I'm trying to figure out who is offended, not the Native Americans, it's white liberals that have the issue.

Well, I presume most negroes agree...Not on principal, of course...but mainly because it agitates and inconveniences the white man and is a chance for them to thumb their noses...

It's like "negro"...for hundreds of years it was used as the polite term for people of the negroid race...negroes decided they didn't "like" it anymore and they wanted to be "black"....then it was "african-american...it's all a ploy to manipulate people by becoming selectively "offended".

It's called "incremental creep" ...now it's "redskins"..if they succeed they'll move on to something else to be "offended" about and that simply MUST be changed!

As they've learned that they can manipulate people with emotional appeals it'll continue and grow.

So many people offended that a rich white guy can't call his team what he wants to call it.

I'm trying to figure out who is offended, not the Native Americans, it's white liberals that have the issue.

Well, I presume most negroes agree...Not on principal, of course...but mainly because it agitates and inconveniences the white man and is a chance for them to thumb their noses...

It's like "negro"...for hundreds of years it was used as the polite term for people of the negroid race...negroes decided they didn't "like" it anymore and they wanted to be "black"....then it was "african-american...it's all a ploy to manipulate people by becoming selectively "offended".

It's called "incremental creep" ...now it's "redskins"..if they succeed they'll move on to something else to be "offended" about and that simply MUST be changed!

As they've learned that they can manipulate people with emotional appeals it'll continue and grow.

Intent matters.

The term "negro" has been used with malicious intent as a slur for so long by so many....that it has come to be viewed as an offensive term.

Do you agree?

Intent matters.

The term "negro" has been used with malicious intent as a slur for so long by so many....that it has come to be viewed as an offensive term.

Do you agree?

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

These people will throw themselves off a cliff upon hearing an offensive word. The limpwristers.........they need to buckle up their chinstraps and not have a backbone of a Hershey Bar because this is what this is all about. We are building a generation of weak people.:gay:

A vast majority thinks this whole issue is ghey........except the limpwristers.

Intent matters.

Do you agree?

Negro is the correct term to describe people of the "negroid" race. Just as caucasian and asian are.

Is "caucasian" a "slur" used with "malicious intent"?
What about "asian"?
Is that a "slur" with "malicious intent"?

Describe how "malicious intent" can be attached to a benign word?

Who determines "intent"?

Forum List

Back