The redwoods are on fire.

They'll be just fine.......all you AGW bozos tend to the hysterical. Routinely.

I've spent summers there ... Del Norte County ... there's some things specific to the species so that the redwood cannot endure clear cutting ... and it wasn't until we had 95% cut down before we realized this ... from Big Sur to Brookings was solid old grow redwood forests until whitie showed up ...

All that's left is the three state parks that were set aside early in the 20th Century out in the most remote sections of the forest that couldn't possibly be reached by loggers for centuries ... if you've ever used a twelve foot two-man crosscut saw to cut down a thirty foot diameter tree, you'll know why this was a reasonable view to take at the time ...

Here's a bit of interesting trivia ... there aren't very many redwood trees in Redwood National Park ... the lumber companies only gave up lands they'd already clear cut ...

Last edited:
Throw some witches on the fire too, while we're at it.

The vast majority of land (and all the parks) in California are owned by state and/or federal government. This is their problem, let them deal with it. By the way, blue states are notoriously bad locations for national parks. They can't manage them any better than they manage their filthy, violent shithole cities.

By the way, blue states are notoriously bad locations for national parks. They can't manage them any better than they manage their filthy, violent shithole cities.

Bubba didn't finish Middle School ... National Parks are managed by the ... wait for it ... National Park Service, in the United States Department of the Interior ...

In my experience, the NPS manages these parks much better than they way they manage urban neighborhoods ... I repaired the ice box door and now I'm waiting for park rangers to pounce and beat the crap outta me ... scary ...

Yeah, but redwood burns too ... San Francisco found that out in 1906 ... it's rot resistant and it appears to be immune from insect pests ... at least there's no known insect that feeds on any part of the redwood tree ... or even burrows in redwood ... [smile] ... old school life forms ...

What do you mean "drill for water" ... it bubbles out of the ground, what's the problem? ...
Astronomy Is As Silly As Astrology

The deeper aquifers don't reach the surface. It is a mark of a decadent civilization that we gaze at the sky for our future, and waste money and talent on childish Trekkie circuses, instead of delving into the bonanza beneath us.

Astronomy Is As Silly As Astrology

The deeper aquifers don't reach the surface. It is a mark of a decadent civilization that we gaze at the sky for our future, and waste money and talent on childish Trekkie circuses, instead of delving into the bonanza beneath us.

In Redwood country ... we measure annual rainfall in feet ... Mt Hebo Radar Station in NW Oregon had a rain gauge installed that averaged 16 feet per year while the station was in operation ... my own rain gauge in the flatlands recorded 8 feet average ...

Ah ... but the redwoods themselves are too tall to rely on sucking up ground water ... it's special adaptation is the ability to absorb water from fog ... and the Northern California coast is always foggy ... or the wind is howling ... or it's pouring down rain ... water is a problem for folks east side of the Sierra/Cascade ridgeline ... west side the problem is too much water ...

Forum List

Back