The Republican Party Has A BIG Decision Before Them...

Elitist establishment snobs are fools, the common people really don't give a shit what they think. The vast majority are happy to focus on their own lives and let these idiot politicians do what they do. But the people are fed up at this point, so they are smacking around the punks in the GOP establishment and they don't like it. These are not attacks on Trump, these are attacks are on the people.
I especially loved how Trump smacked around the Bush II Administration's talking points about them keeping us safe. Did the world a huge favor.I'm OK w/Trump just for that.
Trump doesn't pledge allegiance. That much is for certain.

Only to Himself.
Better than special and foreign interests

On what planet is the egomaniacal interest of a narcissist better than the interests of the people?

Rump has already made abundantly clear that personal attention is far far more important to him than any population or the Constitution under which they live. His threats against the First Amendment last week --- and before that --- leave no doubt.

I do find it quite ironic how the establishment made Trump pledge in the beginning to support who ever the eventual nominee would be and now that it's pretty certain to be him they are the ones not willing to do it.

Yeah interesting thought --- except that, much as it must gall him, Rump doesn't get to name the nominee. The party does that. And that hasn't been done yet.

It's an existential one at that.

They can, A. opt to follow the will of the People and get behind the number 1 guy, Donald Trump, or they can 2. opt to try and do everything they can to FOREGO the will of the People and try to undermine, cheat and steal the nomination from the forerunner, Donald Trump and put up a nominee that the People did NOT choose.

However, there's consequences to both. If they find it within themselves to get behind Donald Trump, many say that it will mean a win for Hillary, OR that they, the Establishment, will no longer retain power in the Republican Party. Neither of which they are too looking forward to. Some are saying that many Republicans have privately stated that if Trump if their nominee they WILL support Hillary. I'm personally leaning more towards that one. Either one of the above situations, they get to keep their Party mostly in tact and have the option to regroup and grow the party accordingly.

On the OTHER hand, if they decide to undermine The Donald and somehow steal the nomination from him, everyone is expecting nothing less than a complete fracture and COLLAPSE of the Republican Party, thus destroying it forever. I don't think none of them want that either.

What do you do Republicans? What. do. you. do?

So Marc, why do you have a man who believed in extremism as your avatar? :)...did you know that Malcolm X said this about extremism:

But the people are fed up at this point, so they are smacking around the punks in the GOP establishment and they don't like it.
The people aren't smacking around the GOP Establishment. They are re-electing every one of the incumbents in the House and Senate in the primaries.

There is no "movement" afoot. Just Trump, and only Trump.

Well, a Trump nomination may flip the senate because he has the opposite of coattails. He has no coattails and may even depress the number of gop voters, but we'll have to wait to see.Grassley for one is melting in the heat. Hillary's negative polls are nearly as high at just over 50%. If it's Trump v. Hill, the negatives will only go up. BUT, it seems to me the dems are less fractured.

And, there's the curious fact that the dems tend to be on the coasts and the gop in the south. If the independents just don't vote, you'd think the dems would have an advantage, bit I honestly don't know how the mix breaks down in Ohio, Penn, Mich and Wisc.

But, I don't see any push to 'steal' the nomination for anyone. Colo, Wyo and ND delegates go "unbound." Roughly 90. Trump needs 1236 to win. Thus far he's taken less than 50%. If the party can get Kasich and Rubio to suspend their campaigns after their home state primaries, and urge voters to support Cruz as "being the outsider with the best chance to beat Hillary," it may be hard for Trump to get 50%plus1 in the nine true winner take all contests. And given the roughly 90 unpledged delegates who are selected basically by the state parties, Trump may actually need to win 1236 delegates out of a total of only 2392 ... or there abouts.

That would require people getting behind Ted Cruz, who nobody likes. :puke:

The issue is that the field of competition is abjectly weak, and Rump exploits that with emotional blusterfluff. He's got a near-vacuum in which to operate.

Here's an idea -- disband both parties and let each candidate just run on their own. Rump, Kasich, Rubio, Cruz, Carson Fiorina Christie and Bush if they want.... Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley, Webb --- everybody. If nobody pulls 50% plus one, put the top two in a runoff.
True. But I'm not sure we aren't seeing the establishment say ... ok Ted's better than Cruz. We'll hand out goodies to Marco and Kasich.

They can, A. opt to follow the will of the People and get behind the number 1 guy, Donald Trump, or they can 2. opt to try and do everything they can to FOREGO the will of the People and try to undermine, cheat and steal the nomination from the forerunner, Donald Trump and put up a nominee that the People did NOT choose.

However, there's consequences to both. If they find it within themselves to get behind Donald Trump, many say that it will mean a win for Hillary, OR that they, the Establishment, will no longer retain power in the Republican Party. Neither of which they are too looking forward to. Some are saying that many Republicans have privately stated that if Trump if their nominee they WILL support Hillary. I'm personally leaning more towards that one. Either one of the above situations, they get to keep their Party mostly in tact and have the option to regroup and grow the party accordingly.

On the OTHER hand, if they decide to undermine The Donald and somehow steal the nomination from him, everyone is expecting nothing less than a complete fracture and COLLAPSE of the Republican Party, thus destroying it forever. I don't think none of them want that either.

If they convince the people that Rubio or Cruz are better and it happens at the ballot box then it is AOK with me.

However, you should worry about your corrupt party and how they are using super delegates to turn a closish race into a run away.

Not to mention your party is choosing between a corrupt felon (who would be the most corrupt person to every sit in the whitehouse and an unbashful communist (who would destroy the US in only 4 yrs).

For decades the Establishment Republicans have taken Conservatives for granted.
They have told Conservatives to move closer to middle … They have told Conservatives that was the only way to win.
They gave Conservatives John McCain and Mitt Romney as candidates … And told Conservatives that was what was good for them.

Republicans have taken Conservatives for granted because they believe it doesn’t matter … There is no way a Conservative is going to vote for the opposition.
Where that may be true … Conservatives didn’t show up in droves to vote for Establishment Republicans either.
Conservative complaints were always addressed with the same sentiment … Hold your nose and vote for the lesser of two evils.

Well … It’s about time the Establishment Republicans wake up and smell the coffee.
The Conservatives are telling them to go take a long walk on a short pier.
And if they don’t like it … They can start holding their nose and voting for the lesser of two evils.

As a Conservative … I am not particularly fond of Donald Trump … Nor do I think he represents Conservative values.
I do think he is the perfect way to tell the Establishment Republican to go **** themselves though.

trump is going to need 51% of the delegates when it's time to get official. Anything less and some backroom fuzzy math will put the nom on rubio.

It's clear who the party has picked and who they want out and it's so clear that everyone can see it, so if the dirty is done, the gop may very well split

They have told Conservatives to move closer to middle … They have told Conservatives that was the only way to win.
They gave Conservatives John McCain and Mitt Romney as candidates … And told Conservatives that was what was good for them.

Republicans have taken Conservatives for granted because they believe it doesn’t matter … There is no way a Conservative is going to vote for the opposition.
Where that may be true … Conservatives didn’t show up in droves to vote for Establishment Republicans either.
Conservative complaints were always addressed with the same sentiment … Hold your nose and vote for the lesser of two evils.

Well … It’s about time the Establishment Republicans wake up and smell the coffee.
And if they don’t like it … They can start holding their nose and voting for the lesser of two evils.

As a Conservative … I am not particularly fond of Donald Trump … Nor do I think he represents Conservative values.
I do think he is the perfect way to tell the Establishment Republican to go **** themselves though.

He might be ------ but what are the implications on the nation should he succeed?

Aye, there's the rub.

What's more important -- the national well-being or the Republican Party's?

He might be ------ but what are the implications on the nation should he succeed?

Aye, there's the rub.

I don't know about you ... But I will be okay no matter what happens.
As a Conservative ... All I can say is that if your well-being is so heavily invested in who is sitting in the White House ... Perhaps you should have thought about that before you gave the government that kind of power over you and your welfare.

You ask a very valid question. Personally, I view Trump as the cleansing fire the Republican Party needs to jettison the elitist neocons who betrayed Reagan's legacy. If that means the end of the party...so be it...

I wouldn't mind seeing two parties form as a result. All the establishment moderates can go form their own party while the conservatives can form a truly Conservative party.

Aye, there's the rub.

As a Conservative ... All I can say is that if your well-being is so heavily invested in who is sitting in the White House ... Perhaps you should have thought about that before you gave the government that kind of power over you and your welfare.

Yyyyyyeah umm.... perhaps you could point out where I did that.

:popcorn:

I think cruz is a far better way

You ask a very valid question. Personally, I view Trump as the cleansing fire the Republican Party needs to jettison the elitist neocons who betrayed Reagan's legacy. If that means the end of the party...so be it...

I wouldn't mind seeing two parties form as a result. All the establishment moderates can go form their own party while the conservatives can form a truly Conservative party.

You do realize that conservatives will not be backing Trump right?

I don't care for Trump. That feeling is from years ago and so in a few weeks I'll vote for Rubio or Kasich. What happens after that I can't control. Depending on how things go, for the first time since the Democrats in '72 we may have a non-scripted convention that is worth watching.

Aye, there's the rub.

I meant "you" in the general sense ... Not you in particular ... If the shoe fits wear it.
In any case … It is kind of silly to ask a Conservative how to fix the government.

Do what you can ... With what you have ... Where you are.
That doesn't require regulations ... Nor does it require votes ... All it takes is personal responsibility.

Aye, there's the rub.

I meant "you" in the general sense ... Not you in particular ... If the shoe fits wear it.
In any case … It is kind of silly to ask a Conservative how to fix the government.

Do what you can ... With what you have ... Where you are.
That doesn't require regulations ... Nor does it require votes ... All it takes is personal responsibility.

Ah --- like the way you took responsibility weaseling out of that post above?

Thanks, I think I can handle. ;)

Hush you goofy bastard ... Or I will burn the cashew trees.
You know me and what I meant ... Or should have ... ;)

Hush you goofy bastard ... Or I will burn the cashew trees.
You know me and what I meant ... Or should have ... ;)

And you should know I won't hesitate to nail you.

uh.. so to speak.

You touch my cashew trees, I warn you --

24b4c1a088090bc7a6682d0dab125bc3.jpg

Forum List

Back