The Republican war on the Poor

All I have seen, including a couple Neg Reps, is insults. Can someone defend the huge cuts in food stamps to the poor, the aged, and children?

That's the problem with the left. The left thinks they are successful when they have more and more people recieving handouts. The right thinks they are sucessful when people no longer need those hand outs.

And you can't have only seen insults because I didn't insult you. Though I can't say the same about you. You've tried to insult me and other Republicans because we believe we need to be fiscally responsible with tax money and claim we are attacking the poor. I am not at war with the poor. The Federal Government was never given power to administer such a program. The States should run it, if any government agency should.

Why are you so against helping the poor that you need to empower politicians to steal from others rather than simply giving yourself to them?

All I have seen, including a couple Neg Reps, is insults. Can someone defend the huge cuts in food stamps to the poor, the aged, and children?

Maybe you should be asking that of the politicians who made it a temporary increase in the 2009 stimulus bill. Ask them why they put an expiration date on it.

Expiration date...!!!!????? Why.... Those E-VUL Republicans!!

No wait...

List of Republicans who voted for the Stimulus

House of Representatives

No Republicans voted for the bill

Source: house.gov

Senate

Collins (R-ME)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA) *

Source: senate.gov

And Spector turned traitor just weeks after the vote and went over to the dimocraps. Thankfully, he's also dead and no one cares

See more at: List of Republicans who voted for Obama?s Stimulus | The RINO List

We just want to help out with the Sasquatch's War on Obesity.... :eek:

Repubs do not have a war on obesity. They have fought several attempts to keep junk food out of schools and attempt by the FDA to require healthier choices of diets for children.

Remember their insistence that pizza is a vegetable. Yup, the Repubs know who to declare war on. And it will never be the corporate lobbyist that line their pockets.

Last edited:

Repubs do not have a war on obesity. They have fought several attempts to keep junk food out of schools and attempt by the FDA to require healthier choices of diets for children.

Remember their insistence that pizza is a vegetable. Yup, the Repubs know who to declare war on. And it will never be the corporate lobbyist that line their pockets.

you should move from this country, you hate freedom and the people in it

I thought that we were insisting the Sasquatch is a vegetable.... :dunno:

Take your meds, dewd

Sp Steph, you agree that pizza is a vegetable. The House GOP feels that it is...

Maybe you should be asking that of the politicians who made it a temporary increase in the 2009 stimulus bill. Ask them why they put an expiration date on it.

Expiration date...!!!!????? Why.... Those E-VUL Republicans!!

No wait...

List of Republicans who voted for the Stimulus

House of Representatives

No Republicans voted for the bill

Source: house.gov

Senate

Collins (R-ME)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA) *

Source: senate.gov

And Spector turned traitor just weeks after the vote and went over to the dimocraps. Thankfully, he's also dead and no one cares

See more at: List of Republicans who voted for Obama?s Stimulus | The RINO List

How DARE you post that. It's a Republican war, dammit.

:eusa_whistle:

All the social programs proposed or in place beg the question: At whose expense?
Why are some entitled to the earnings of others?
There are charities and foundations to help the poor, as it should be.

While it may be a semantics argument, i think you are asking the wrong question.

It's not why do some feel they are entitled to the earnings of others that is the question.

The question is why do some people think they are entitled to the labor of others?

After all, that is what is being taken away from us in our taxes, isn't it? Not the earnings but the labor itself. We have to pay nearly a third of our income to the government. That is a third of our labor.

There are two people who have a legitimate claim on my labor. And that is my wife and my daughter. Why? Because I chose to marry my wife. And because Nature and Nature's God gave me the responsibility for my daughter. No one else has a claim on my labor. There are others I will gladly work for. My parent's for example. My siblings and my cousins. But again, that would be my choice.

So why then am I forced to give up nearly a third of my labor to various forms of government? How exactly is that not a burden?

You get the government off the back of the people and there will be far less people needing food stamps.

So I propose a flat tax. No one can be taxed more than 10% of their gross income. I'd actually like to see significantly less than that. But you want fairness? That's fair. I would consent to that.

If the bureaucrats and politicians continue to burden the people and take more than we consent to, it will not be long before people start breaking off. In fact, it will be inevitable. Some of you may foolishly believe that our Republic is invisible. But it's not. It is not too big to fail. Nothing is too big to fail. We need to stop letting our pride blind us to reality.

Sp Steph, you agree that pizza is a vegetable. The House GOP feels that it is...

this thread should go in the garbage dumb...all you are now is trolling to stir up shit
I have better things to do than waste time on you

Republican war on the Poor

Given that fact that the rate of poverty is HIGHER today than it was before the start of all this Democrat-led entitlement spending we started back in the 1960s, it would appear that YOUR meddling is the true 'war on the poor'.

But hey, laws should be about INTENTIONS and not actual results, right??? :cuckoo:

The Republicans' War on Food Stamps | Politics News | Rolling Stone

The House's deep slash to the food-stamp program, combined with outlandish restrictions, arose from various impulses. There was, obviously, the long-standing animus within the Republican Party toward poor people, and that's been substantially intensified as a result of the transformation of the party, whose center of gravity has moved south and west.

Moreover, a minority of the party in the House, backed by powerful and wealthy outside interest groups, has seized the reins by throwing terror into the ranks that if they don't conform to the Tea Party's agenda, they could face defeat in a primary challenge from the right in the next election. Bob Dole's and George McGovern's time is long gone. Neither the Senate, nor the House, nor American politics are anything like they were in their time. The Republican Party in the Senate contains no Jacob Javits, the late New York senator who fought to protect food stamps. Among the Democrats, there's no Edward Kennedy to champion the causes of the poor, to even enjoy doing battle for them.

One of the few unabashed liberals, Tom Harkin of Iowa, is retiring after five terms. Harkin was born into modest means, which he has never forgotten – he needed no lectures about bootstraps.

Women, Hispanics, the Poor....Where will the GOP go next with its never ending battle with anyone who is not a wealthy, white male?

Confederates who play in pigshit hate poor people. Go figure.

redneck-games-2.jpg

no wonder our country is so divided and politics is so partisan. when you have the left claiming that anything you don't agree with them on is a "war" against X, you will never have peace.

the idiot rhetoric of war this and war that has to end.

It really is arrogant isn't it? "You don't agree with my methods for "helping" the poor. Therefore, you hate the poor because you disagree with me" It's arrogant and just plain deceptive.

Tell me, why is the only way to help the poor to force others to work for the poor against their will? Wouldn't persuading them to voluntarily give aid, service, and ministering to their needs be far more productive?

Charity requires free will. It cannot be forced.

The House's deep slash to the food-stamp program, combined with outlandish restrictions, arose from various impulses. There was, obviously, the long-standing animus within the Republican Party toward poor people, and that's been substantially intensified as a result of the transformation of the party, whose center of gravity has moved south and west.

Moreover, a minority of the party in the House, backed by powerful and wealthy outside interest groups, has seized the reins by throwing terror into the ranks that if they don't conform to the Tea Party's agenda, they could face defeat in a primary challenge from the right in the next election. Bob Dole's and George McGovern's time is long gone. Neither the Senate, nor the House, nor American politics are anything like they were in their time. The Republican Party in the Senate contains no Jacob Javits, the late New York senator who fought to protect food stamps. Among the Democrats, there's no Edward Kennedy to champion the causes of the poor, to even enjoy doing battle for them.

One of the few unabashed liberals, Tom Harkin of Iowa, is retiring after five terms. Harkin was born into modest means, which he has never forgotten – he needed no lectures about bootstraps.

Women, Hispanics, the Poor....Where will the GOP go next with its never ending battle with anyone who is not a wealthy, white male?

redneck-games-2.jpg

Any evidence whatsoever that the people in the pictures hate the poor?

no wonder our country is so divided and politics is so partisan. when you have the left claiming that anything you don't agree with them on is a "war" against X, you will never have peace.

It really is arrogant isn't it? "You don't agree with my methods for "helping" the poor. Therefore, you hate the poor because you disagree with me" It's arrogant and just plain deceptive.

Tell me, why is the only way to help the poor to force others to work for the poor against their will? Wouldn't persuading them to voluntarily give aid, service, and ministering to their needs be far more productive?

Wanna bet?

redneck-games-2.jpg

Any evidence whatsoever that the people in the pictures hate the poor?

Funny...the confederate flag on the fat guy's head should give you a hint on what political party he supports......

Well, we could just rely on the Mother Theresa's of the world to deal with our problems of poverty, disease, etc.,

and eventually we could be just like India. Is that what you want?

Well, we could just rely on the Mother Theresa's of the world to deal with our problems of poverty, disease, etc.,

and eventually we could be just like India. Is that what you want?

3.Fainting.jpg

Forum List

Back