The Right To Bear Arms

That is the crux of the matter. Those particular instances of self defense where no shots are fired, and the suspect is scared off by the sight of the weapon, are NOT counted as "self defense" even they are, CLEARLY.

The American people no longer need guns, and haven't for decades.
I suppose I have no need to prevent a crack addict from robbing me at knife point or to prevent a violent drunk from raping my wife. I've done both.
Neither required a gun.

How in the hell would you know? :cuckoo:
Because if he had needed a gun someone would be dead, and no one is.

That is not true, in the study by Dr. Kleck, it was found that most cases of self defense occur because the perp is scared away by the weapon (kind of like you), and runs away.
AKA pure bullshit. People go for a gun and think they needed it, when they didn't.

I suppose I have no need to prevent a crack addict from robbing me at knife point or to prevent a violent drunk from raping my wife. I've done both.
Neither required a gun.

That is not true, in the study by Dr. Kleck, it was found that most cases of self defense occur because the perp is scared away by the weapon (kind of like you), and runs away.
AKA pure bullshit. People go for a gun and think they needed it, when they didn't.

You are full of it. You do not know the suspect's intentions. PLENTY of times people are raped, murdered, seriously assaulted so that they are NEVER the same afterwards, etc.

If someone busts in my door, I am not going to sit there and try to decide whether or not he means me harm, I am going to put a cap in his arse! :D And ask questions later, or let God sort it out.

Some more interesting information I'd like to share here.

Who Has Guns and How Are They Acquired National Institute of Justice

Who Has Guns and How Are They Acquired?
NIJ's earliest firearms studies uncovered who owns guns, legally and illegally, and how illegal gun trafficking is tied to juvenile gun violence and other crimes such as drug dealing and gang crime. Highlights of these studies:

• Many juveniles and young adults can easily obtain guns illegally; most claim to carry them for self-defense.
  • A study of persons arrested for a wide range of crimes showed that a higher percentage of arrestees than regular citizens own firearms. Arrestees are also more likely to be injured or killed by gun violence. Within a community, this amounts to an identifiable group of “career” offenders.
  • Surveys of offenders have found that they prefer newer, high-quality guns and may steal or borrow them; most, however, acquire guns “off the street” through the illicit gun market.
You do not know the suspect's intentions
Neither do you, but you think the gun protected you, and it didn't since you were never in harm's way.

Are you for real? Who do you think you're convincing with this retarded angle? :lol: You don't know if you are in harm's way because you cannot know what the suspect's intentions are. If you would rather take the chance that he is going to be nice to you, then by all means. I would not be that dumb though.

Neither do you, but you think the gun protected you, and it didn't since you were never in harm's way.

God, what a stupid post. It might just be one of the MOST stupid posts I've ever read. :cuckoo:
You believe lies. I can't help that.

What lies? Specify or GTFO.
The lie that guns saves lives. Guns take lives, they don't save them, and they were never designed to.

God, what a stupid post. It might just be one of the MOST stupid posts I've ever read. :cuckoo:

The lie that guns saves lives. Guns take lives, they don't save them, and they were never designed to.

Sure they do. You are wrong. Guns work well for self defense, especially since most of the time, just the sight of the gun scares the perp away.

Not to mention, like I said earlier, if you let the government mess with one right, that gives them freedom to mess with others too. It is stupid beyond belief.

Not to mention, the particular poster is completely dishonest with just about everything and trying to twist facts to fit his agenda. No way is that going to happen while I'm watching! :D

gun banners are either ignorant/stupid morons or dishonest assholes

there are no other possibilities

Agreed. Also, they are traitors to the American people!
Neither required a gun.
Neither required me to discharge my weapon, but both cases required me to show it, unless you think I should be able to defend myself from a 6 foot tall 200 pound man with a knife in one case or a 6'2" 280 pound drunk in the other.
Would you prefer I wait a half hour for a cop? Or should a man 5'9 and 135 pounds be able to ward off these attacks alone?

Neither required a gun.
Neither required me to discharge my weapon, but both cases required me to show it, unless you think I should be able to defend myself from a 6 foot tall 200 pound man with a knife in one case or a 6'2" 280 pound drunk in the other.
Would you prefer I wait a half hour for a cop? Or should a man 5'9 and 135 pounds be able to ward off these attacks alone?

He doesn't care about you. He only cares about his stupid ridiculous ideology and what his "leaders" tell him to think and say.

Guns were designed to take lives. That is quite correct. Sometimes it is necessary to take a life in defense of another life. I really don't want to be placed in the position of executioner, but I would gladly take the life of a thug if I was defending my wife or child. Would you?
If not, perhaps you are somewhat less than a man.

Guns were designed to take lives. That is quite correct. Sometimes it is necessary to take a life in defense of another life. I really don't want to be placed in the position of executioner, but I would gladly take the life of a thug if I was defending my wife or child. Would you?
If not, perhaps you are somewhat less than a man.
Unlike you, I don't need a gun to be a man.

I do appreciate you saying guns are for taking lives though. That's far more honest than most here.

Neither required a gun.

He doesn't care about you. He only cares about his stupid ridiculous ideology and what his "leaders" tell him to think and say.
The ideology is yours. I deal in reality where guns are for killing things.

Neither required a gun.
One wanted money and the other was drunk. Just because you are a tiny man doesn't mean you required a gun to be a real one. Had you truly needed a gun someone would have died, and they didn't, which means it was unnecessary in the first place.

Neither required a gun.

A guy walking towards me with a knife in his hand is clearly a case where I needed to defend myself. I showed the grips of my very large revolver with my right hand poised very close to it and he turned and ran when he was still maybe 20 feet away. Had he continued in my direction, he would have met his maker.
Had I seen the knife before he turned away from me, I would have drawn the gun and likely fired 2 .44 caliber bullets into his chest. I would not have lost any sleep.

Well maybe a little. A .44 magnum is very loud and causes a ringing in your ears that lasts hours.

Neither required a gun.

A guy walking towards me with a knife in his hand is clearly a case where I needed to defend myself. I showed the grips of my very large revolver with my right hand poised very close to it and he turned and ran when he was still maybe 20 feet away. Had he continued in my direction, he would have met his maker.
Had I seen the knife before he turned away from me, I would have drawn the gun and likely fired 2 .44 caliber bullets into his chest. I would not have lost any sleep.

Well maybe a little. A .44 magnum is very loud and causes a ringing in your ears that lasts hours.
Yeah, you're a real tough there 140 pounds of soaking wet manhood...

Neither required a gun.

Guns are for killing food, enemy soldiers and predators. Thieves and rapists are predators.

Neither required a gun.

Guns are for killing food, enemy soldiers and predators. Thieves and rapists are predators.
Is your shit worthy of killing a human being, yes or no?

Forum List

Back