The Right To Bear Arms

And there it is. I was wondering how long it would take you to lose your temper and start calling me names. Anyway, your hatred of gun owners does not bother me personally because frankly, I don't give a shit. I'm 54 years old and have been debating on forums for at least fourteen years. Believe me, after all that time I have developed a pretty thick skin so your nonsense has precisely zero effect on me.

I never said I hated gun owners; that's your persecution complex coming through. Pointing out the fact that you laughably consider yourself a "responsible gun owner" while refusing to act responsibly when it comes to your guns only makes you feel like you're being attacked personally because you rightfully recognize that you're posturing.

So you can play the victim all you want, the only things you're a victim of are your own shitty judgment and instincts.

"How dare you accuse me of being irresponsible when I say I don't want to act responsibly!"

LOL!

If you consider me, and others, irresponsible gun owners, I consider you an irresponsible driver.using the same logic.

That's not using any logic.

Cars are insured against the risk they bear, guns aren't.
insurance has nothing to do with it.

A driver without insurance is just as likely to cause a traffic fatality.

sell your car, be responsible for once in your life.

So, I steal your car, use it as gateway vehicle for bank robbery, than I run over the family of four and kill them on the spot, that crash it into gas station and it burns to ground, it's all your fault.

My car's insured so, no.

Are your guns insured? No.

Yes my guns are insured in my homeowners' policy

I also have extra liability

and self defense insurance

Personal Firearms Liability Insurance - NRA-endorsed Protection

Lockton | NRA Carry Guard

After being in two wars I don't really need to fantasize about shooting anyone. Well, I never shot a liberal, but you never know...

There's that fantasy showing. I don't believe for a second you served in two wars. And if you did, I believe you stretch the definition of "serve" to include digging latrines, mopping floors, or whatever janitorial duty you had while serving in the 401st Toilet Scrubbers and Laundry Folders Regiment. I do not believe, and you can't even prove, that you saw any combat. I think you craft these personal stories like people craft backstories for their D&D characters. It's all a bunch of phony nonsense that is used as a crutch when the debate gets out of your control. And it's always that. Whenever a Conservative shitgoblin reaches the end of their limited knowledge, suddenly all these unverifiable personal anecdotes surface, or second-hand or third-hand accounts are relayed and expected to be taken seriously.

Why the fuck should I believe anything you say about yourself? What have you done to establish that trust? Nothing.

I don't care in what you believe, soyboy.

I bet it hurts when you realized how worthless piece of shit you are. Triggered yet?

The parameters of the debate have not been changed. Did I or did I not tell you that I never intended to discuss motor vehicle deaths? I only brought it up to to show how your reasoning of risk and responsibility applies to other topics. I'm addressing your reasoning, not motor vehicle deaths.

Because I didn't let you. Let's be real for a second; you tried to set arbitrary parameters in the debate, that got smacked down, so now you're trying to say you never did that? LOL.

When you brought up motor vehicle deaths, what you did was open the door to the facts that deaths from cars have been cut by 50% since government laws, rules, regulations, and public campaigns went into effect. You opened the door to the fact that cars, unlike guns, require drivers to be insured against the risk they pose behind the wheel of their car. You opened the door to the fact that cars must undergo yearly inspections and testing. You opened the door to the fact that people have to get their licenses renewed, have to take tests, and have to undergo training.

So all you've done by bringing up cars is make the case that guns should be treated like cars, insured like cars, and regulated like cars.

We cut car deaths by 50% thanks to government, so if you're going to compare guns to cars, let's do for guns what we did for cars and get those deaths reduced by 50%. But I don't believe that's your intent. I think you simply want people to die from guns and you don't want anyone to be held responsible for it because you're a garbage person.

really? gun deaths have declined over the years despite millions upon millions more guns in circulation and millions of people carrying guns legally. So you are either ignorant of the fact or lying. Most gun deaths are SUICIDES. the remaining number that are not justifiable or excusable shootings are homicides mainly and those are caused at rates of 80-90% by people who are not legally able to own or use guns

so stuff the silly dramatics. Gun violence in tis country-especially outside urban areas full of drug gangs is minuscule
USA is the worst country in terms of gu related dearhs/mass shootings. So there is clearly a gun problem. Why do you need a gun ? Insecure? Or ready to kill when you are pissed at the world?
what do I need a gun for? many reasons-one of them being to prevent people like you from trying to strip away our rights
Enjoy them, I hope you don't kill someone when you lose your temper as many do.

Less than one tenth of one percent ever use a gun to kill someone. The fact that you own a registered gun reduces that stat to less than 100th of one percent.
Tell that to the 17 parents, or the families of the Las Vegas massacre.

Why? Do they not have the Internet and the ability to look it up for themselves?

This is very true, which is why most car owners carry liability insurance. Nevertheless, the purpose and responsibility regarding car insurance is STILL not what you said it was.

It is exactly what I said it was and you even fucking confirmed it with the first four words of your post.

I seriously think you have brain damage. There is no other explanation for how fucking weird you are.

Nope. There has never been a time when you were right about anything, and certainly never been a time I was delusional enough to think you were.

I never said anything about more guns = less gun crime. Don't put words in my mouth.

So wait...so that means guns aren't a deterrent to crime, don't prevent crime, and don't stop crime. So why are you posturing your defense of gun ownership if guns don't reduce crime? What is the point then?

Such a sloppy, lazy argument you're making. Like you don't even put the slightest bit of effort into it. It's reflective of your hostility toward personal responsibility, and the lack of effort, ethics, or morals you apply in your personal life. What a fraud.

By the same token, you can't tell who is a responsible gun owner and who isn't until they act responsibly.

EXACTLY MY POINT! Which is why you can't call yourself "responsible" and be a gun owner. Which is why I say there is no such thing as "responsible gun owners", just varying degrees of negligence. You might be less negligent than another gun owner, but you're sure as shit not responsible. Being responsible would entail not bringing the gun, and the risks it poses, into your home in the first place.

No, I am not. That claim was made by no one in this discussion, least of all by me, and I've told you that multiple times now. I'll say it again as plainly as I can so there's no confusion: No one said all gun owners are responsible. If that's not clear enough: Not all gun owners are responsible gun owners. If that's still not clear enough: Some gun owners are irresponsible gun owners.

So what makes someone a "responsible gun owner", then? There doesn't seem to be any standard other than not owning a gun. So since no standard exists, you can't claim that mantle for yourself. All you can do is say you're less negligent a gun owner, but you're still negligent because you're a gun owner.

The only thing I am doing here is dispelling the myth that there are "responsible gun owners". Because I think you people use that phrase to posture responsibility when in practice you're anything but responsible.

Fuck what you think I'm suggesting and read my words. I never suggested any such thing.

So the problem is that there exists no standard as to what a "responsible gun owner" actually is. And since you can go from "responsible gun owner" to "irresponsible gun owner" any second of any minute of any day, what you are isn't "responsible", you're negligent to varying degrees. And that negligence comes strictly from owning a gun in the first place.

So let's stop pretending you're responsible people. You're not. You're negligent people to varying degrees.

I never said anything about more guns = less gun crime. Don't put words in my mouth.

So wait...so that means guns aren't a deterrent to crime, don't prevent crime, and don't stop crime. So why are you posturing your defense of gun ownership if guns don't reduce crime? What is the point then?

Such a sloppy, lazy argument you're making. Like you don't even put the slightest bit of effort into it. It's reflective of your hostility toward personal responsibility, and the lack of effort, ethics, or morals you apply in your personal life. What a fraud.

By the same token, you can't tell who is a responsible gun owner and who isn't until they act responsibly.

EXACTLY MY POINT! Which is why you can't call yourself "responsible" and be a gun owner. Which is why I say there is no such thing as "responsible gun owners", just varying degrees of negligence. You might be less negligent than another gun owner, but you're sure as shit not responsible. Being responsible would entail not bringing the gun, and the risks it poses, into your home in the first place.

No, I am not. That claim was made by no one in this discussion, least of all by me, and I've told you that multiple times now. I'll say it again as plainly as I can so there's no confusion: No one said all gun owners are responsible. If that's not clear enough: Not all gun owners are responsible gun owners. If that's still not clear enough: Some gun owners are irresponsible gun owners.

So what makes someone a "responsible gun owner", then? There doesn't seem to be any standard other than not owning a gun. So since no standard exists, you can't claim that mantle for yourself. All you can do is say you're less negligent a gun owner, but you're still negligent because you're a gun owner.

The only thing I am doing here is dispelling the myth that there are "responsible gun owners". Because I think you people use that phrase to posture responsibility when in practice you're anything but responsible.

Fuck what you think I'm suggesting and read my words. I never suggested any such thing.

So the problem is that there exists no standard as to what a "responsible gun owner" actually is. And since you can go from "responsible gun owner" to "irresponsible gun owner" any second of any minute of any day, what you are isn't "responsible", you're negligent to varying degrees. And that negligence comes strictly from owning a gun in the first place.

So let's stop pretending you're responsible people. You're not. You're negligent people to varying degrees.

The CDC in a study commissioned by Obama concluded that

CDC Study: Use of Firearms for Self-Defense is ‘Important Crime Deterrent’

Sure it does. Insurance establishes personal responsibility. So if you are irresponsible and leave your car unlocked and it gets stolen, guess what? YOUR PREMIUM INCREASES.

If you loan your car to someone and they get in an accident, guess what? YOUR PREMIUM INCREASES.

If you drive drunk and get into an accident, guess what? YOUR PREMIUM INCREASES.

Insurance = personal responsibility.

So I totally get why you don't understand it; you're not a responsible person so personal responsibility isn't something your brain can even process.

Maybe. Maybe not. Insured drivers know and understand that if they act irresponsibly, it will send their premiums up. That's responsibility and accountability; two things that don't exist among gun owners.

BTW, thanks to government, deaths from cars have been cut in half.

The CDC in a study commissioned by Obama concluded that

CDC Study: Use of Firearms for Self-Defense is ‘Important Crime Deterrent’

face it

derp has no idea what he's talking about.

My firearms are keep in a safe with a 6 digit combination.

The numbers are random, and not based on anyone's birthday .

They only leave the safe when I go tot eh range, or I'm cleaning them.

My firearms are safer than his car.

Yes my guns are insured in my homeowners' policy
I also have extra liability
and self defense insurance
Personal Firearms Liability Insurance - NRA-endorsed Protection
Lockton | NRA Carry Guard

That's fantastic and I applaud you for doing that and I hope you encourage other gun owners to do the same.

However, you're still negligent because you have the gun...you're just less negligent than most gun owners.
I don't encourage anyone to do anything because unlike you I realize that what other people choose to do is none of my fucking business

really? gun deaths have declined over the years despite millions upon millions more guns in circulation and millions of people carrying guns legally. So you are either ignorant of the fact or lying. Most gun deaths are SUICIDES. the remaining number that are not justifiable or excusable shootings are homicides mainly and those are caused at rates of 80-90% by people who are not legally able to own or use guns

so stuff the silly dramatics. Gun violence in tis country-especially outside urban areas full of drug gangs is minuscule
USA is the worst country in terms of gu related dearhs/mass shootings. So there is clearly a gun problem. Why do you need a gun ? Insecure? Or ready to kill when you are pissed at the world?
what do I need a gun for? many reasons-one of them being to prevent people like you from trying to strip away our rights
Enjoy them, I hope you don't kill someone when you lose your temper as many do.

Less than one tenth of one percent ever use a gun to kill someone. The fact that you own a registered gun reduces that stat to less than 100th of one percent.
Tell that to the 17 parents, or the families of the Las Vegas massacre.

Tell that to the 1000 of parents that have lost their children in an auto accident.

You are more likely to die in an automobile accident then shot. There is a lot of hard evidence that raising the driver age to 25 would prevent many many accidents, as the brain has not developed fully to allow children to make the best decision, yet we have done nothing. We have also learned that cars that weigh more have less injuries and less chance of a fatality. No one seems to care about it that much, why?

We lose many young people to boat propeller accidents and many have worked to get the NTSB to put prop guards on house boats, no luck, the money vs. the benefit isn't there.

So are you saying that the loss of youth in prop accidents, the loss of life in auto accidents is acceptable?

Sure it does. Insurance establishes personal responsibility. So if you are irresponsible and leave your car unlocked and it gets stolen, guess what? YOUR PREMIUM INCREASES.

If you loan your car to someone and they get in an accident, guess what? YOUR PREMIUM INCREASES.

If you drive drunk and get into an accident, guess what? YOUR PREMIUM INCREASES.

Insurance = personal responsibility.

So I totally get why you don't understand it; you're not a responsible person so personal responsibility isn't something your brain can even process.

Maybe. Maybe not. Insured drivers know and understand that if they act irresponsibly, it will send their premiums up. That's responsibility and accountability; two things that don't exist among gun owners.

BTW, thanks to government, deaths from cars have been cut in half.

and it seems you are only worried about the money.

NOT the fact it is more dangerous than a firearm.

pull the cactus out of your ass.

Forum List

Back