The Right To Bear Arms

Shot it the same day and I kept it in my room. We weren't a bunch of pussys back in the day.
lol oh Christ even if that were true obviously its still a terrible idea in general to allow a 6 year old to handle a gun. Hell either way we are also talking about toddlers or 4 year olds as well here.

I could pull out my single barrel .410 and .22 rifle when ever I wanted from the age of 10, because I was taught to handle and respect firearms. None of the fire arms I've owned for the last 45 years have shot anyone.
Right but let’s say you got the gun at 4 instead and your parents didn’t teach you anything at all about gun safety. It’s not like parents teaching their kids how to use guns is a stipulation in the 2nd amendment.

Right but let’s say you got the gun at 4 instead and your parents didn’t teach you anything at all about gun safety. It’s not like parents teaching their kids how to use guns is a stipulation in the 2nd amendment.
We raised rabbits to teach the beagles how to track them. Been around guns since the day I was born. Didn't have to teach me I knew from experience. I still have the gun by the way. 59 years and it's never shot anyone.

I had my first at 5 and was taught to use it. If a parent is letting a 5 year old handle a firearm with out supervision that is bad parenting and has fuck all to do with Constitutional rights.

We raised rabbits to teach the beagles how to track them. Been around guns since the day I was born. Didn't have to teach me I knew from experience. I still have the gun by the way. 59 years and it's never shot anyone.
Dude you can’t take your anecdotal history with guns and expect it to be a good idea for any kid. You’re talking about a very specific set of variables you had with guns that is obviously not going to translate to every kid. Hell if you want to talk anecdotes, how about the toddler who accidentally shot her mom dead in Wal mart because the kid was digging in her purse while her back was turned? Shit doesn’t translate

I had my first at 5 and was taught to use it. If a parent is letting a 5 year old handle a firearm with out supervision that is bad parenting and has fuck all to do with Constitutional rights.
Except that parents teaching their kids to handle guns is definitely not mentioned in the second amendment. Hell even if they do teach them there is no guarantee whatsoever that kid will heed the advice. Maybe It was bad advice to begin with. You all can’t take these anecdotes and apply them to kids in general. It doesn’t make any sense.

Beam%20me%20up.jpg

A shot a .22 when I was 8. The guy there was guiding me through it. Obviously it’s not a good idea to just let a kid do it regardless of any instruction
I got my merit badge at 8 with a single shot of about 100 feet. Asked the scout master that if I could hit a red piece of metal laying on the hillside in one shot would he give me my badge. He said yes. Took aim and hit it just left of center. He said I missed but I ran down there and brought it to him. Nice fresh hole in it. He gave me my badge.

I got my merit badge at 8 with a single shot of about 100 feet. Asked the scout master that if I could hit a red piece of metal laying on the hillside in one shot would he give me my badge. He said yes. Took aim and hit it just left of center. He said I missed but I ran down there and brought it to him. Nice fresh hole in it. He gave me my badge.
I mean that’s a cool story I guess but…

Two common terms seem to escape you entirely. Personal responsibility and common sense.

Ohio

Ohio prosecutor warns robbers should 'expect to be shot' after store manager charged in killing​

Hamilton County Prosecutor Melissa Powers announced three indictments on Tuesday, including one against smoke shop manager accused of shooting burglary suspects​

By Brandon Drey Fox News

Published December 30, 2023 8:00am EST

Dude you can’t take your anecdotal history with guns and expect it to be a good idea for any kid. You’re talking about a very specific set of variables you had with guns that is obviously not going to translate to every kid. Hell if you want to talk anecdotes, how about the toddler who accidentally shot her mom dead in Wal mart because the kid was digging in her purse while her back was turned? Shit doesn’t translate
which happens me often?

Toddler kills parents, parent teaches child about guns?

Except that parents teaching their kids to handle guns is definitely not mentioned in the second amendment. Hell even if they do teach them there is no guarantee whatsoever that kid will heed the advice. Maybe It was bad advice to begin with. You all can’t take these anecdotes and apply them to kids in general. It doesn’t make any sense.
Except that parents teaching their kids to handle guns is definitely not mentioned in the second amendment.
why would it have to be?

why would it have to be?
Obviously because you’re all trying to justify kids in general having guns just because SOME parents would want to teach them gun safety. You cherry pick this shit like “well my dad taught me gun safety” while ignoring stories like a toddler accidentally shooting her mom dead with a gun she got out of her purse.

Forum List

Back