The Rise of Lonely, Single Men

My point about feminists was not whining, and it is true, and you failed to address it. That is you losing.
And tell me just how many women are actually these rabid feminists you blame for you lack of a love life?

What bad ideas are those?

One I heard recently, a woman was talking about how she told her daughter to never compromise with a man, that the man has to accept her just as she is.

For one example.

Did I ever say it wasn't a problem? Did I ever say it shouldn't be discussed?

I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth. I've little patience for such bullshit...

That is certainly the message I got. If that was not your intent...

One I heard recently, a woman was talking about how she told her daughter to never compromise with a man, that the man has to accept her just as she is.

For one example.

Seems like sound advice. Women don't need to "submit" and every person should be accepted just as they are. What's the issue there?

For one example.

Funny in another thread you asked me why does a man have to change for a woman,
I guess you think the woman needs to accommodate you as you are

I've always said that one problem with Americans is they don't know how to be alone.

My dad never got over his wives dying.

And I never said it wasn't happening. Whether it's a "problem" or not is something which can only be addressed intelligently by those who are single.

What I took issue with was the apparent belief that the reason that older, single guys are single is because women don't find them attractive.

That's stupid. There's a litany of reasons why a guy might be single.

I'm 60 years old. I have a smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend who, by all accounts, fucking adores me (and I her). But if she and I had never met, and I'd not met anyone else, I'm comfortable enough in my own skin to be alone. I honestly don't think I'd see it as a "problem"...

Who's shown resistance to the idea?
:rolleyes:

Seems like sound advice. Women don't need to "submit" and every person should be accepted just as they are. What's the issue there?

Compromise is not submit. That you conflate the two, is a good example of the kind of bad idea that I am talking about. Thanks you.

Funny in another thread you asked me why does a man have to change for a woman,
I guess you think the woman needs to accommodate you as you are

I think that any relationship requires both sides to change and compromise. Don't you?

Sure. Fine. A few off the top of my head.

1. Spending.

2. Housing.

3. Careers.

4. Children.

Those are all meaningless without explaining how/why a woman should compromise on those things.

I think when people say a woman shouldn't compromise for a man more as a woman should not compromise her ideals, her values, morals, etc.

Not what their zip code's going to be...

Those are all meaningless without explaining how/why a woman should compromise on those things.

I think when people say a woman shouldn't compromise for a man more as a woman should not compromise her ideals, her values, morals, etc.

Explain "compromise her ideals".

Sure. Fine. A few off the top of my head.

1. Spending.

2. Housing.

3. Careers.

4. Children.
You wrote

Because you put it like that, it seemed to me that you had a problem with the woman being herself. In reality the Mother was probably warning her against men who expect not to compromise and for the woman to always be what he wanted. Obviously in a healthy relationship both will need to compromise but not who they are, not themselves.

Forum List

Back