The Rule of Four + A Governor or AG = Fatherless/Motherless Marriages Reheard?

Who might have standing to bring this new case to the 4 conservative Justices to vote to hear?

• A citizen

• A state attorney general

• A governor

• A guardian of children

• Any of the above

• None of the above. Ginsburg & Kagan are untouchable.

Results are only viewable after voting.
What is the 'rule of four"?
Where it takes only four Justices in the SCOTUS to vote to take up and Hear (or Rehear) a case.

In this example it likely would be Scalia, Thomas, Alito & Roberts. The case would be essentially about if the June 26, 2015 Opinion was illegal based on the mandatory recusal that Ginsburg and Kagan defied, re: Caperton v Massey Coal 2009 where it was found that any judge many not show a single atom of obvious bias towards or against a particular set of litigants, or the case has to be reheard.

Thank you- I have been wondering all of this time what the hell you were saying.
Would you like me to post a separate thread on just exactly how the "rule of four" works in SCOTUS? Just to refresh your memory?

Sure- go for it- I am always amused by your babbling OP's.

So then are you clear that Alito, Thomas, Roberts & Scalia could vote to take up a case such as this one? Not one of your in-pocket Justices permission would be needed?

What is the 'rule of four"?
Where it takes only four Justices in the SCOTUS to vote to take up and Hear (or Rehear) a case.

In this example it likely would be Scalia, Thomas, Alito & Roberts. The case would be essentially about if the June 26, 2015 Opinion was illegal based on the mandatory recusal that Ginsburg and Kagan defied, re: Caperton v Massey Coal 2009 where it was found that any judge many not show a single atom of obvious bias towards or against a particular set of litigants, or the case has to be reheard.

Thank you- I have been wondering all of this time what the hell you were saying.
Would you like me to post a separate thread on just exactly how the "rule of four" works in SCOTUS? Just to refresh your memory?

Sure- go for it- I am always amused by your babbling OP's.

So then are you clear that Alito, Thomas, Roberts & Scalia could vote to take up a case such as this one? Not one of your in-pocket Justices permission would be needed?

Oh I am quite clear on how the system works- I just didn't understand your babbling about the 'rule of four'.

Now- can you provide any examples where a sitting Supreme Court has reversed its own decision?

.. can you provide any examples where a sitting Supreme Court has reversed its own decision?

....hmmm...let's just say the whole gay-marriage thing has ushered in a lot of historical firsts. We'll leave it at that for now. :popcorn:

.. can you provide any examples where a sitting Supreme Court has reversed its own decision?

....hmmm...let's just say the whole gay-marriage thing has ushered in a lot of historical firsts. We'll leave it at that for now. :popcorn:

Translation: your latest round of bargaining as a coping mechanism has never happened in the history of the United States.

Ever.

Forum List

Back