The Russians Are Coming! The Russians Are Coming!

Schiff is right. Why Repubs want to surrender our sovereignty to the Russians is beyond me? Why the Repubs won’t defend the integrity of our elections against foreign interference boggles the mind. I suppose if Repubs see Russian interference as a benefit for them, they are for it. You know why? Because it is party over country for them.
Dude that dumbfuck implied russia could physically attack us because of Trump.
You are just as stupid as he is.
What he said, or rather implied, based on the Fox story alone, is that it was better to confront Russia in the Ukraine than on home soil. Yeah, well isn’t that what proxy wars are all about? I mean wasn’t that the rationale of W’s Iraqi War that was enthusiastically supported by all you Repubs. Better to fight them over there than over here.

All I am saying is that Schiff said nothing that hasn’t been said before and which all you Repubs haven’t said or agreed with at one time or another.

What he said, or rather implied, based on the Fox story alone, is that it was better to confront Russia in the Ukraine than on home soil.

The 1980s called, they want their foreign policy back, eh?
How much aid did Obama give to Ukraine during his 8 years? Was it a lot?
I agree with Schiff that we need to take action against foreign interference in our elections; my comments about Ukraine was a clarification as to what I think he meant.

I have written many times that I thought Obama was feckless and weak with Russia. If Obama refused to send over arms to the Ukraine authorized by Congress then he should have gotten into deep shit trouble for that as well.

If Obama refused to send over arms to the Ukraine authorized by Congress then he should have gotten into deep shit trouble for that as well.

He must have really been pushing to send weapons to Ukraine, eh?
Cause Russia is yucky and stuff.

Mean Republicans probably resisted his heroic efforts to help Ukraine. Right?
Obama did send over $100,000,000 in security assistance including defense and military equipment.

It is lie that all he sent over were blankets.

The only person I can see that resisted "heroic" efforts to help the Ukraine was Trump himself.

What he said, or rather implied, based on the Fox story alone, is that it was better to confront Russia in the Ukraine than on home soil.

Funny, did Obama not get that memo when he offered the Ukrainians blankets to defend themselves against the Russians?
Obama was weak with Russia. I agree.
Russia has no intention to "fight us over here"
Schiff's imagination is running rampant.
If he had a case worthy of trial he wouldn't have to spend 24 hours repeating the same shit over and over while wording it slightly differently each time. He wouldn't be demanding new "evidence" or witnesses that he didn't seek when it was time to seek them.
/——/ What about Shytface’s “Rock solid evidence?” What happened with all that bluster?

What he said, or rather implied, based on the Fox story alone, is that it was better to confront Russia in the Ukraine than on home soil. Yeah, well isn’t that what proxy wars are all about? I mean wasn’t that the rationale of W’s Iraqi War that was enthusiastically supported by all you Repubs. Better to fight them over there than over here.

All I am saying is that Schiff said nothing that hasn’t been said before and which all you Repubs haven’t said or agreed with at one time or another.

So when VP Joe threatened to keep a billion in aid unless a certain Ukrainian prosecutor was fired, he was risking a Russian invasion?
LOL..The EU, the US and international organizations wanted Shokin removed for corruption.

I've heard that claim made repeatedly in defense of Biden's extortion...While I have seen very little evidence that this is the case, I would note that does NOT make 'ok' the method in which Biden went about it, nor does it lessen the scrutiny Biden should go through due to the fact that this happened when Shokin was investigating the company his son was employed for USVP access...

Trump was extorting the Ukraine for personal gain. See the difference.

No, no I don't....Had Hunter Biden not been working for the firm in which Shokin was investigating, making a boat load of money for nothing, then you may have a point, BUT, it is crystal clear that the only reason the young Biden had that job at all was not for any knowledge in the field, but rather for access to office of the VP of the United States...Then Biden had the balls to brag about extorting the government of Ukraine to quash that investigation....

So, on the one hand you have today, Democrats making up out of whole cloth some alterior motive that President Trump had in his conversation with President Z of Ukraine, and using it to fabricate an impeachment inquiry that didn't even charge Trump with anything impeachable, while on the other hand putting out the narrative that Democrats, and certainly NOT Biden can be investigated for crimes, even when they brag about comitting them....

You people are just laughable...
All this Biden business will disappear like the Will O' The Wisp when the election is over. It is a useful tool to distract from Trump's crimes. It will be like Hillary's e-mails and Benghazi that were just nothing despite investigation after investigation. Useful tools for useful idiots.

Yet, you want to impeach and remove a sitting President for a charge that your side can't even list in the charging document? Talk about alternative reality....Look John, you would have to be a complete imbicile to watch that tape of Biden bragging that he used $1 billion in foreign aid to Ukraine to get them to fire the prosecutor investigating the company his son was drawing a salary from, and say nothing to see here....Unbelievable!
They can't admit it. They're corrupt.

Funny, did Obama not get that memo when he offered the Ukrainians blankets to defend themselves against the Russians?
Lies.

The Obama administration sent body armor, vehicles, medical supplies, construction materials, and most importantly cash.

Not "blankets".
Oh my! 2014
Obama Chooses Not to Send Weapons to Ukraine

The U.S. began sending Meals Ready to Eat to Ukraine but the urgent requests from Kiev for weapons, medical supplies and other military assistance remain on hold.

The U.S. European Command was in the process of sending 25,000 cases of the rations to the Ukrainian city of Yavoriv. The MREs should arrive before the end of the week, said Rear Adm. John Kirby, the Pentagon press secretary.

So... most aid was withheld until Mar 2015, from Mar 2014 until Mar 2015 most aid was withheld...and even their aid (non lethal) they claimed they would send in Sept 2014, had not been sent until Mar 2015...
Obama pressed on many fronts to arm Ukraine
The Obama administration is at war with itself over the question of arming Ukraine, with Defense Secretary
Ashton Carter and key military leaders suggesting they would support a change of course.

The Obama administration tried to up the ante on Wednesday by promising non-lethal military aid to
Ukraine, but it did little to satisfy the rising congressional demands to send weapons and other heavy military equipment. Both Carter and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey have broken with the president and could support arms to Ukraine.

And now many lawmakers, including some influential Democrats, are pushing for arms for Ukraine.

“Providing nonlethal equipment like night vision goggles is all well and good, but giving the Ukrainians the ability to see Russians coming but not the weapons to stop them is not the answer,”
Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, declared Tuesday during a committee hearing on the issue.

The White House said Wednesday it was providing Ukraine $75 million in non-lethal aid that included surveillance drones, radios and other light equipment, as well as transferring 30 armored Humvees and up to 200 unarmored ones. And Secretary of State
John Kerry also announced that new sanctions were being enacted by the Treasury Department.
https://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/obama-pressed-on-many-fronts-to-arm-ukraine-115999

FACT SHEET: U.S. Support for Ukraine

• This assistance includes the provision of body armor, helmets, vehicles, night and thermal vision devices, heavy engineering equipment, advanced radios, patrol boats, rations, tents, counter-mortar radars, uniforms, and other related items.

I agree with Schiff that we need to take action against foreign interference in our elections; my comments about Ukraine was a clarification as to what I think he meant.

I have written many times that I thought Obama was feckless and weak with Russia. If Obama refused to send over arms to the Ukraine authorized by Congress then he should have gotten into deep shit trouble for that as well.

If Obama refused to send over arms to the Ukraine authorized by Congress then he should have gotten into deep shit trouble for that as well.

He must have really been pushing to send weapons to Ukraine, eh?
Cause Russia is yucky and stuff.

Mean Republicans probably resisted his heroic efforts to help Ukraine. Right?
Obama did send over $100,000,000 in security assistance including defense and military equipment.

It is lie that all he sent over were blankets.

The only person I can see that resisted "heroic" efforts to help the Ukraine was Trump himself.
See post #45. ;)

So when VP Joe threatened to keep a billion in aid unless a certain Ukrainian prosecutor was fired, he was risking a Russian invasion?
LOL..The EU, the US and international organizations wanted Shokin removed for corruption.

I've heard that claim made repeatedly in defense of Biden's extortion...While I have seen very little evidence that this is the case, I would note that does NOT make 'ok' the method in which Biden went about it, nor does it lessen the scrutiny Biden should go through due to the fact that this happened when Shokin was investigating the company his son was employed for USVP access...

No, no I don't....Had Hunter Biden not been working for the firm in which Shokin was investigating, making a boat load of money for nothing, then you may have a point, BUT, it is crystal clear that the only reason the young Biden had that job at all was not for any knowledge in the field, but rather for access to office of the VP of the United States...Then Biden had the balls to brag about extorting the government of Ukraine to quash that investigation....

So, on the one hand you have today, Democrats making up out of whole cloth some alterior motive that President Trump had in his conversation with President Z of Ukraine, and using it to fabricate an impeachment inquiry that didn't even charge Trump with anything impeachable, while on the other hand putting out the narrative that Democrats, and certainly NOT Biden can be investigated for crimes, even when they brag about comitting them....

All this Biden business will disappear like the Will O' The Wisp when the election is over. It is a useful tool to distract from Trump's crimes. It will be like Hillary's e-mails and Benghazi that were just nothing despite investigation after investigation. Useful tools for useful idiots.

Yet, you want to impeach and remove a sitting President for a charge that your side can't even list in the charging document? Talk about alternative reality....Look John, you would have to be a complete imbicile to watch that tape of Biden bragging that he used $1 billion in foreign aid to Ukraine to get them to fire the prosecutor investigating the company his son was drawing a salary from, and say nothing to see here....Unbelievable!
Here is how USA Today explained it:

" The actions at the center of Trump's allegation occurred in late 2015 and early 2016, when U.S. aid was critical to Ukraine. Russia had seized control of Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula and was supporting separatists who were fighting Ukrainian forces in the eastern part of the country.

Biden took an interest in Ukraine, said Steven Pifer, a William J. Perry fellow at Stanford University and former ambassador to Ukraine under President Bill Clinton.

"You saw the vice president begin to emerge as really sort of the senior policy lead on Ukraine," Pifer said. "It's good to have attention at that level."

At one point, Biden withheld $1 billion in aid to Ukraine to pressure the government to remove Shokin from the Prosecutor General's Office.

Trump and his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani claim Biden did this to quash Shokin's investigation into Ukraine's largest gas company, Burisma Holdings, and its owner, oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky.

They say this benefited Biden's son, Hunter Biden, who served on Burisma's board of directors – for which he was paid $50,000 a month.

Their assertion is contradicted by former diplomatic officials who were following the issue at the time.

Burisma Holdings was not under scrutiny at the time Joe Biden called for Shokin's ouster, according to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine, an independent agency set up in 2014 that has worked closely with the FBI.

Shokin's office had investigated Burisma, but the probe focused on a period before Hunter Biden joined the company, according to the anti-corruption bureau.

The investigation dealt with the Ministry of Ecology, which allegedly granted special permits to Burisma between 2010 and 2012, the agency said. Hunter Biden did not join the company until 2014."

What really happened when Biden forced out Ukraine's top prosecutor

Please do not get your facts from Sean Hannity and Breitbart. They will mislead you.

Don't listen to liberal outlets, they will mislead you....

"In April 2014, Biden's son Hunter joined the board of Burisma Holdings. Hunter served on the board until early 2019."

"From the start, Hunter's role at Burisma was criticized by ethics watchdogs as a conflict of interest for his father, who was still vice president at the time and heavily focused on pressuring Ukraine to do a better job rooting out corruption."

"Yoshiko M. Herrera, a professor of political science at the University of Wisconsin at Madison and an an expert on Russia and Eurasia, told The Washington Post: "I think there is a conflict of interest even if it doesn't break any laws. It's a big deal. It's the vice president, who is the point person of the Obama administration's policy on Ukraine, and his son is suddenly hired to be a director on the board of Ukraine's largest private gas producer."

A Ukraine gas company tied to Joe Biden's son is at the center of the Trump-whistleblower scandal

Schiff is right. Why Repubs want to surrender our sovereignty to the Russians is beyond me? Why the Repubs won’t defend the integrity of our elections against foreign interference boggles the mind. I suppose if Repubs see Russian interference as a benefit for them, they are for it. You know why? Because it is party over country for them.

^^^^^^ And here is more evidence that ALL these Wacko leftists are Lunatics.

Who's more unbalanced....The leftist nutjob politicians and judges....or the imbeciles who actually VOTE for them ????

Who the hell wants mental rejects running their lives? Oops...apparently everyone against Trump and pro - dimocrat.

" The actions at the center of Trump's allegation occurred in late 2015 and early 2016, when U.S. aid was critical to Ukraine. Russia had seized control of Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula and was supporting separatists who were fighting Ukrainian forces in the eastern part of the country.

Biden took an interest in Ukraine, said Steven Pifer, a William J. Perry fellow at Stanford University and former ambassador to Ukraine under President Bill Clinton.

"You saw the vice president begin to emerge as really sort of the senior policy lead on Ukraine," Pifer said. "It's good to have attention at that level."

At one point, Biden withheld $1 billion in aid to Ukraine to pressure the government to remove Shokin from the Prosecutor General's Office.

Trump and his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani claim Biden did this to quash Shokin's investigation into Ukraine's largest gas company, Burisma Holdings, and its owner, oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky.

They say this benefited Biden's son, Hunter Biden, who served on Burisma's board of directors – for which he was paid $50,000 a month.

Their assertion is contradicted by former diplomatic officials who were following the issue at the time.

Burisma Holdings was not under scrutiny at the time Joe Biden called for Shokin's ouster, according to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine, an independent agency set up in 2014 that has worked closely with the FBI.

Shokin's office had investigated Burisma, but the probe focused on a period before Hunter Biden joined the company, according to the anti-corruption bureau.

The investigation dealt with the Ministry of Ecology, which allegedly granted special permits to Burisma between 2010 and 2012, the agency said. Hunter Biden did not join the company until 2014."

Please do not get your facts from Sean Hannity and Breitbart. They will mislead you.

"In April 2014, Biden's son Hunter joined the board of Burisma Holdings. Hunter served on the board until early 2019."

"From the start, Hunter's role at Burisma was criticized by ethics watchdogs as a conflict of interest for his father, who was still vice president at the time and heavily focused on pressuring Ukraine to do a better job rooting out corruption."

"Yoshiko M. Herrera, a professor of political science at the University of Wisconsin at Madison and an an expert on Russia and Eurasia, told The Washington Post: "I think there is a conflict of interest even if it doesn't break any laws. It's a big deal. It's the vice president, who is the point person of the Obama administration's policy on Ukraine, and his son is suddenly hired to be a director on the board of Ukraine's largest private gas producer."

A Ukraine gas company tied to Joe Biden's son is at the center of the Trump-whistleblower scandal

Obama put the fox in charge of The Hen House.

I agree there was an ethical conflict with Hunter on the board of Burisma with Joe. That had nothing to do with Shokin's firing however by the Ukrainian government. Hunter is Joe's Billy Carter but only on steroids.

Obama put the fox in charge of The Hen House.

He sure did....And Hunter wasn't the only Biden family member cashing in either....

https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/how-f...dens-family-got-rich-through-his-connections/

I agree there was conflict with Hunter on the board of Burisma. That had nothing to do with Shokin's firing however by the Ukrainian government. Hunter is Joe's Billy Carter but only on steroids.

If you really believe that, then there is no way you can buy this BS against Trump...Not without showing extreme hypocrisy that is...

I agree there was conflict with Hunter on the board of Burisma. That had nothing to do with Shokin's firing however by the Ukrainian government. Hunter is Joe's Billy Carter but only on steroids.

If you really believe that, then there is no way you can buy this BS against Trump...Not without showing extreme hypocrisy that is...
The two aren't remotely similar. That is just a Trump talking point. I have already explained the difference ad infinitum.

The two aren't remotely similar. That is just a Trump talking point. I have already explained the difference ad infinitum.

No, you gave a link to a USA Today story from another liberal, spinning it....And you buy that spin...

I agree though, Biden, and his corruption is not similar to Trump....Biden's is real corruption, and Trump's is made up.

He's quite mad, you know.

California Rep. Adam Schiff, suggested that Russians could attack the U.S. and insisted that removing Trump from office was necessary because the integrity of the 2020 election could not be "assured."

Schiff warns of Russian attack on US mainland, as Day 2 of Trump's Senate impeachment trial concludes
The Fox spin about the lack of attention is interesting, especially Murkowski's.

But it looks like the Dems are taking a page from the Barr MO and hammering their case home thru repetition before they lose the floor, like Barr did with the Mueller Report no Republican read thru (except Amash). And now the Republicans are pulling the same affected indifference to the Dem charges. The Republican disinterest may cost them though. There are a few polls suggesting the Republican plan of no witnesses may cost a seat or two.

Citizens and Senators of sound mind have already made their decision regarding the second and third hand "evidence" presented. The House Democrat's storytime has changed no one's view.

Polls? :auiqs.jpg:

As for the Russians coming...I loved the movie! Think Fox will show those lovable submariners and incompetent islanders again?

Haven't seen it in years. I wonder if there is something un-PC about it I've forgotten.

Yet you're just fine with mexicans interfering in our elections.

No, you gave a link to a USA Today story from another liberal, spinning it....And you buy that spin...

I agree though, Biden, and his corruption is not similar to Trump....Biden's is real corruption, and Trump's is made up.
You know you just can't respond to every link saying the source is from a "Liberal" outlet. That is just a nonsense deflection. What is it in the article that is incorrect?

Forum List

Back