The Satanic Temple Installs ‘Baby Baphomet’ Display at Illinois State Capitol right before Christmas

The government isn't sponsoring anything here. The people's rights do not end at the door of any building.
Maybe in fantasyland. Go ahead and test that idea. When you get out of jail, get back to me. I recommend walking into a school carrying 10 guns and a 4 foot spiked club. See you in 5 years.

Yes and they can either allow no religious expression because it's tax funded, or they can allow all religious expressions because it's tax funded.

Establishing one or more religions and excluding others won't fly.
Yep. Of course, one of those options is consistent with separation of church and state. And one is not.

Maybe in fantasyland. Go ahead and test that idea. When you get out of jail, get back to me. I recommend walking into a school carrying 10 guns and a 4 foot spiked club. See you in 5 years.

When you have to go off the rails to make a point you do not have one.

Try to take your Baby Baphomet statue to a Mormon church and place it at the altar.

Then, when they toss it out the window and toss you out the front door, sue them for "violating your right to expression".

Let us know the result, so we can all laugh at you.

Try to take your Baby Baphomet statue to a Mormon church and place it at the altar.

Then, when they toss it out the window and toss you out the front door, sue them for "violating your right to expression".

Let us know the result, so we can all laugh at you.

Our rights do not extend to private property.

Our rights do not extend to private property.
They don't extend to public property sometimes, either. Ask anyone who took a tear gas canister in the eye for standing on the courthouse lawn in 2020.

Go ahead and take your Baby baphomet statue to the local elementary school or public library.

Place it in the middle of the room and insist you have a right to display it there.

Please take video, so we can laugh at you.

They don't extend to public property sometimes, either. Ask anyone who took a tear gas canister in the eye for standing on the courthouse lawn in 2020.

Go ahead and take your Baby baphomet statue to the local elementary school or public library.

Place it in the middle of the room and insist you have a right to display it there.

Please take video, so we can laugh at you.

The courts have extensively covered this. Take your complaints to them.

The courts have extensively covered this. Take your complaints to them.
Ah yes, the tap out.

In some states, religious displays are allowed at public places. In some states, they are not. Which courts should I ask?

Yes professor, the entire topic is about discussing and criticizing the current state of affairs.

We accept your farewell and wish you good fortune.

Is it an exercise in religious freedom or is some sort of punk political parody? I doubt if a Christian Nativity scene would be allowed on the state capital.

What states would these be?
You can start with Alabama. And any State where they had to take it to the SCOTUS to decide. Which, by the way, has given conflicting decisions

So which SCOTUS should I ask? The one that allowed a statue of the ten commadments in Texas? Or the one that banned hanging them up, in Kentucky?

Forum List

Back