The School Lunches Malia And Sasha Eat Vs. The Crap Michelle Obama Has Foisted On America

Hey do you know who else eats better than school kids...Rich school kids. SHOCKER!

I got this from Rabbi who said Liberals do it in debates...I've been getting good use out of it

Arousing envy
: debater attempts to get the audience to dislike his opponent because the audience is envious of something that can be attributed to the opponent

The POTUS kids eat better than yours!! HOW DARE THEY!?!?!
It's not about the rich kids eating better, it's about the feds FORCING public schools to feed crap to public school student while their kids eat high on the hog.

So what is your solution? To force the POTUS kids to eat what you want them to or for schools to feed everyone like the POTUS family?

Arousing envy: debater attempts to get the audience to dislike his opponent because the audience is envious of something that can be attributed to the opponent

No forcing is not my solution. Liberty is my solution. Do you need me to explain?

Yes

Parents are the legal guardians of their kids. Yes?

Parents should have the right to select a meal plan for their kids. Yes?

Funding for said meal plan's is the responsibility of the legal guardians. Yes?

Parents should have the right to ask schools, that they are funding, to treat their kids as they deem. Yes?

Welfare safety nets is a tertiary issue. However, just because you are on welfare does not mean you should have to hand over guardianship of you kids to the government. Yes?

Voila... off the top of my head there is the outline of my liberty based solution for you sir.

Every parent should be able to pick their kids lunch? Meaning instead of packing their own they should tell the schools what each one wants and thats the solution?

That sounds more like anarchy to me because everyone will want something different and when someone doesnt get their veggie tofu wrap then w're back a square one with the parents not liking the choices arent we?

There has to be a better way than let every parent decide what the school menu will be everyday

I do

My check also pays for military invasions

I'm not talking about taxes, asshole. Write a check from your personal funds. Otherwise, no one believes you give a shit. You just want to loot others.

I write personal checks too

Our government does what needs to be done. Helping those who need help is one of those needs.

It doesn't need to be done by the federal government, nimrod.

Why obsess over the federal government?

Government is government. We want it performed at the most efficient level. Sometimes local government is the most efficient.....sometimes federal government is the most efficient

The real questions are;

... do you want a postal service employee removing your appendix?
... do you want the county clerk removing your appendix?

Be honest RW, you would balk at either option.

No, I want a bunch of elected idiots in Congress to those things. Aren't they all so BRILLIANT we give over every decision to them now

Parents should have the right to ask schools, that they are funding, to treat their kids as they deem. Yes?

Welfare safety nets is a tertiary issue. However, just because you are on welfare does not mean you should have to hand over guardianship of you kids to the government. Yes?

Voila... off the top of my head there is the outline of my liberty based solution for you sir.

No. Parents have a choice of where they send their kids for their education, home schooling, private schools or state run schools. They cannot demand the school accomodate their child in every which way they choose. The school can set something up, if the parents don't like it they can CHOOSE to move their child out of the school.

It's not about the rich kids eating better, it's about the feds FORCING public schools to feed crap to public school student while their kids eat high on the hog.

So what is your solution? To force the POTUS kids to eat what you want them to or for schools to feed everyone like the POTUS family?

Arousing envy: debater attempts to get the audience to dislike his opponent because the audience is envious of something that can be attributed to the opponent

No forcing is not my solution. Liberty is my solution. Do you need me to explain?

Yes

Every parent should be able to pick their kids lunch? Meaning instead of packing their own they should tell the schools what each one wants and thats the solution?

That sounds more like anarchy to me because everyone will want something different and when someone doesnt get their veggie tofu wrap then w're back a square one with the parents not liking the choices arent we?

There has to be a better way than let every parent decide what the school menu will be everyday

The idea that some bureaucrat in Washington DC should have more say over what's in a kids lunch than his own parents is too ludicrous to contemplate. In fact, the idea that Washington bureaucrats should have any say whatsoever is ludicrous.

How can all these numskulls who claim to believe in "choice" and "democracy" support this police state policy?

Last edited:

No. Parents have a choice of where they send their kids for their education, home schooling, private schools or state run schools. They cannot demand the school accomodate their child in every which way they choose. The school can set something up, if the parents don't like it they can CHOOSE to move their child out of the school.

In other words, the parents can just fuck off if they don't like the way the school is run. Yeah, we've already seen that sentiment expressed about 2 dozen times in this forum.

Can you explain why some bureaucrat in Washington should have more say over what your kids eat for lunch in school than you do?

Yes

The idea that some bureaucrat in Washington DC should have more say over what's in a kids lunch than his own parents is too ludicrous to contemplate. In fact, the idea that Washington bureaucrats should have any say whatsoever is ludicrous.

How can all these numskulls who claim to believe in "choice" and "democracy" support this police state policy?

How many parents should make up the school lunch decisions? All of them?

How is that logistically possible? lol

Yes

True liberty would mean no public schools Mike.

There is no liberty in me having to pay for YOUR kids to go to school

And I'm not saying let's return to that, I"m simply saying this idea that we value "liberty" above all else is bunk.
That's not true. True liberty would mean public schools are optional. You are assuming people would not want public schools if they had the liberty to choose.

Correct, there is no liberty in you having to pay for my kids to go to school. I wholeheartedly agree. Funding for public schools should come from the Parents. The whole idea that we all "benefit" from kids having an education vs. kids growing up to rob us blind is total bullshit.

I'm not saying "we" value "liberty" above all else. I'm saying I value liberty, not above all else but certainly as a primary principle wrt. how we restrict our government.

If the schooling was funded by the parents, IE you only pay if your child attends, it wouldn't be public mike.
No different than roads, a road paid for only by those who use it, rather than by the public at large , is a TOLL road, not a public road.

Yes

The parents of each school should make the decision for that school.

Actually, the government schools should just be abolished and that would solve this problem once and for all.

In other words, the parents can just fuck off if they don't like the way the school is run. Yeah, we've already seen that sentiment expressed about 2 dozen times in this forum.

Can you explain why some bureaucrat in Washington should have more say over what your kids eat for lunch in school than you do?

I didn't say they should. However I also don't see why a parent should be treated VIP in a state school.

Schools should be run better. Guidance from above should be better, also communication with parents and schools should be better so that schools actually do what they're supposed to do, rather than just be a political battleground.

Yes

You asked, whether every "parent should be able to pick their kids lunch?" Yes. As I said the parents are the legal guardians of their children. Thus what those kids eat is up to the parents. Not sure why that is upsetting to you. Ok well I have a guess, but I'm trying to be civil for the moment.

You asked, whether that means "instead of packing their own they should tell the schools what each one wants and thats the solution?" No that's not what it means. It means the schools should provide a menu of options to the parents and the parents should set a meal plan for their kids, either from said menu or they can send their kids off to school with a lunch pail, or some combination.

You stated, "[t]hat sounds more like anarchy to me because everyone will want something different and when someone doesnt get their veggie tofu wrap then w're back a square one with the parents not liking the choices arent we?" Well no, liberty is not anarchy. The parent liberty to be guardians of their children is not anarchy. If the school does not serve tofu wraps, liberty does not mean the parent can "force" the school to make tofu wraps. This is a common misconception wrt. liberty, made often by authoritarian leaning people. No offense.

You stated, "[t]here has to be a better way than let every parent decide what the school menu will be everyday." Yeah sure there should be a way for some parent to choose to give up guardianship of their kids. For those parents that prefer the federal government decide they should be able to just pick the box that says use federal recommended guidelines.

No that's not true. Parents are forced to fund public schools. Thus only parents that can afford to fund public and private schools have the choice. Most parents don't have the luxury to throw the money away that they are forced to pay for public schools.

Further, parents can and most certainly do demand schools accommodate their child. Not sure what schools your kids went to but our schools are pretty accommodating to the parents.

Actually, the government schools should just be abolished and that would solve this problem once and for all.

Every parent and Every school has to fill in the blanks of what their kid wants and then what? Does everyone get what they want or do you have to narrow down the choices and take away their liberty?

I didn't say they should. However I also don't see why a parent should be treated VIP in a state school.

Having control over the meals your kids are served is not "being treated VIP." Why should anyone besides the parents have any say whatsoever in how public schools are run? What possible justification is there for Washington bureaucrats to get involved?

Schools should be run better. Guidance from above should be better, also communication with parents and schools should be better so that schools actually do what they're supposed to do, rather than just be a political battleground.

"Guidance from above should be better?" In other words, you believe Washington bureaucrats should have more say than the parents. Parents don't need "better communication." They need control. You have yet to post a single reason why they shouldn't have it. The "battleground" is a result of the fact that outsiders like Moochelle want control. It will end the minute they butt out.

No that's not true. Parents are forced to fund public schools. Thus only parents that can afford to fund public and private schools have the choice. Most parents don't have the luxury to throw the money away that they are forced to pay for public schools.

Further, parents can and most certainly do demand schools accommodate their child. Not sure what schools your kids went to but our schools are pretty accommodating to the parents.

Really? Forced? They can't home school or private? Clearly some people can't, but then again they're getting a free education for their kids.

However this isn't even the problem. The problem is that schools aren't run well enough for parents to be happy with what's happening with their kids in a lot of cases. I'm not saying schools shouldn't be accommodating. What I'm saying is that parents can't just walk around demanding everything from a school, which would make the effectiveness of schools be much lower.

I've seen some excellent schools and I've seen some pretty bad schools.

You asked, whether that means "instead of packing their own they should tell the schools what each one wants and thats the solution?" No that's not what it means. It means the schools should provide a menu of options to the parents and the parents should set a meal plan for their kids, either from said menu or they can send their kids off to school with a lunch pail, or some combination.

You do understand that giving them a menu to choose from is not liberty, right?

Every parent and Every school has to fill in the blanks of what their kid wants and then what? Does everyone get what they want or do you have to narrow down the choices and take away their liberty?

What is the justification for giving some Washington bureaucrat authority over school lunch menus? Please, I'm dying to know. None of your questions are a justification for Washington to interfere.

Really? Forced? They can't home school or private? Clearly some people can't, but then again they're getting a free education for their kids.

However this isn't even the problem. The problem is that schools aren't run well enough for parents to be happy with what's happening with their kids in a lot of cases. I'm not saying schools shouldn't be accommodating. What I'm saying is that parents can't just walk around demanding everything from a school, which would make the effectiveness of schools be much lower.

I've seen some excellent schools and I've seen some pretty bad schools.

The problem is that weasels like you think Washington bureaucrats know better than parents.

You do understand that giving them a menu to choose from is not liberty, right?

It is certainly more liberty than they get now. True liberty would mean abolishing government schools.

We didn't have any problems with our old menus (I cooked for three years) and the little guys ate it.

It's this NEW menu that Michelle Obama lobbied for and got put into effect last year that is the problem. but what can you do when the majority of the parents don't care

Liberty does not mean you get what you want to have. Beggars don't get to ride in a million dollar Ferrari simply because they want too.

Choices? What part of you can choose to send your kids to school with whatever lunch you want them to eat, is confusing to you?

Forum List

Back