The Schools Cannot Be Saved....They Must Be Destroyed

If I may borrow from Edmond Rostand......now, as I end my refrain.....thrust home: one more parting shot:

12. What happens when less than bright individuals gain power? The little Nazis strut their stuff.......

This:
“Teachers Compile List Of Parents Who Question Racial Curriculum, Plot War On Them

A group of current and former teachers and others in Loudoun County, Virginia, compiled a lengthy list of parents suspected of disagreeing with school system actions, including its teaching of controversial racial concepts — with a stated purpose in part to “infiltrate,” use “hackers” to silence parents’ communications, and “expose these people publicly.”

Members of a 624-member private Facebook group called “Anti-Racist Parents of Loudoun County” named parents and plotted fundraising and other offline work. Some used pseudonyms, but The Daily Wire has identified them as a who’s who of the affluent jurisdiction outside D.C., including school staff and elected officials.

…do not offer any evidence of racism by the group’s targets. Their opponents were apparently those who objected to, sought to debate, or were even simply “neutral” about “critical race theory,” a radical philosophy opposed by many liberals and conservatives but increasingly embraced by governments.

Members of the “Anti-Racist” group sprang into action, listing dozens of parents, often including where they lived, their employers, or their spouses’ names.”

There is nothing the Nazis....especially the ones controlling government school, like better than silencing any who disagree.

Ooh, you quoted my favorite movie ever (Sorry, but for my money, no stage actor is ever going to beat Jose Ferrer as Cyrano).

Because of radical infestation…and if that title isn’t heeded, neither can America be saved.

1.The infection runs too deeply. The amount of damaging curriculum, bureaucracy, and political leaning cannot be incised, and the system remain. It must be re-built from the top down, the bottom up, and both sides as well. If any true Americans wish to have children that respect them, love their country, and continue to be recognizable as their own offspring, then they need to opt for carefully chosen private education, or home schooling.

Nor do I have the slightest faith that any such will be done. We will simply continue to bask in the afterglow of a once great nation.

2. This is mandated government schooling throughout our once-free nation:

“…the Wake County Public School System, which serves the greater Raleigh, North Carolina area, held an equity-themed teachers’ conference with sessions on “whiteness,” “microaggressions,” “racial mapping,” and “disrupting texts,” encouraging educators to form “equity teams” in schools and push the new party line: “antiracism.” …began with a “land acknowledgement,” a ritual recognition suggesting that white North Carolinians are colonizers on stolen Native American land….claimed that “(white) cultural values” include “denial,” “fear,” “blame,” “control,” “punishment,” “scarcity,” and “one-dimensional thinking.” Parents, according to the teachers, should be considered an impediment to social justice. When one teacher asked, “How do you deal with parent pushback?” the answer was clear: ignore parental concerns and push the ideology of antiracism directly to students.”

3. “ Through the late 60's, City College (of New York City) was justifiably known as the "proletarian Harvard" so high were its admissions standards, so challenging its curriculum and so prestigious its degrees. Hunter, Brooklyn and Queens Colleges were similarly prestigious.
CUNY Was Known as 'Proletarian Harvard' - The New York ...

Take a look at the current result of American students compared to the rest of the world’s students today:

“U.S. Students Show No Improvement in Math, Reading, Science on International Exam Most troubling among the results was that an international performance gap in education is widening.
"Scores have flatlined for a decade. Worse yet, scores for our most vulnerable students continue to decline. We are being outpaced not only by our global competitors like China and Russia, but also by countries like Estonia, Finland and Canada." https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...in-math-reading-science-on-international-exam

4. Just as Democrats/Communists yearn for a ‘worker’s paradise,’ I yearn for a ‘scholar’s paradise,’ and nothing could be further from that dream than government schooling. There are things that could and must be changed in a new school system, and using the 'woke' terminology.....a school system that must be "re-imagined."

5. “In the 1950s, when the United States was considered the top rung of the world, only the students who were academically inclined were encouraged (sometimes threatened) to go to college.
Students who weren’t well suited for college gravitated toward careers in trades and other careers where a college education isn’t essential. That was the perceptive way of doing things, and it worked pretty well.

At some point, someone got the bright idea that “every kid should go to college.” I know Bill Clinton said it.
Now, this is important; from a psychological standpoint it should be noted that he did NOT say “Every kid should HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY to go to college.” This implies a choice.

But what he said implies that the choice has just been removed.”
What is wrong with American high schools? | The Liberty Loft

Remember....choice, freedom, these are not part of the Democrat vocabulary.

Don't look at me. I abandoned the public school system when I had kids and homeschooled them all. I highly recommend it to anyone who has the education and commitment to handle it.

We're a home school family, too.

11. “…competent people find teaching to be a less desirable profession to enter. Who would want to become a teacher when they know they will have no power to maintain order in the classroom? And that they are simultaneously on the hook for anything thSat may happen, ….”

So, who becomes a teacher today?

In addition to the political bias of government schools, there is the question about how educated those educators actually are.

“At many large universities with an undergraduate college of education, the education school is regarded by students and faculty alike as the weak link, sometimes something of an embarrassment. None of the top dozen or so universities in rankings compiled by magazines like US News or Forbes typically even has an undergraduate ed school, in contrast to lots of institutions among the lowest ranked universities that were originally "normal schools" that even now have large education colleges.

An important new study of literally thousands of teacher prep programs from the National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ) suggests the campus indictments of education schools are very justified.

The students majoring in education are below average academically, with relatively low test scores and high school rank. They often have so-so preparation in the subject matter they are going to teach.
Relatively weak students are given a non-rigorous course of study but earn very high grades.” https://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/07/08/The-Alarming-Truth-About-Education-Majors

Start paying teachers more and improve their work environment. Only then will you see improvement.

Yeah, that's totally how it works at my job. "Raise my pay, and you might see me do my job competently." That's some fantasy world you've got going there.

Learn to quote. I said nothing of the sort, dumbass!

“Dem Tells High School Grads They’re Entering A World Of “Capitalism” and “White Supremacy,” Encourages Them To Remember “Jihad” And Reject Objectivity A school board member gave a graduation speech in which she told a mainly-immigrant class of high schoolers that they were entering a world filled with “racism, extreme versions of individualism and capitalism, [and] white supremacy,” and encouraged them to remember their “jihad” and reject the concepts of objectivity and neutrality.

Fairfax County school board member Abrar Omeish gave the keynote address at the commencement for Justice High School in Falls Church, Virginia on June 7. “ Dem Tells High School Grads They’re Entering A World Of "Capitalism" and "White Supremacy," Encourages Them To Remember "Jihad" And Reject Objectivity

Because of radical infestation…and if that title isn’t heeded, neither can America be saved.

1.The infection runs too deeply. The amount of damaging curriculum, bureaucracy, and political leaning cannot be incised, and the system remain. It must be re-built from the top down, the bottom up, and both sides as well. If any true Americans wish to have children that respect them, love their country, and continue to be recognizable as their own offspring, then they need to opt for carefully chosen private education, or home schooling.

Nor do I have the slightest faith that any such will be done. We will simply continue to bask in the afterglow of a once great nation.

2. This is mandated government schooling throughout our once-free nation:

“…the Wake County Public School System, which serves the greater Raleigh, North Carolina area, held an equity-themed teachers’ conference with sessions on “whiteness,” “microaggressions,” “racial mapping,” and “disrupting texts,” encouraging educators to form “equity teams” in schools and push the new party line: “antiracism.” …began with a “land acknowledgement,” a ritual recognition suggesting that white North Carolinians are colonizers on stolen Native American land….claimed that “(white) cultural values” include “denial,” “fear,” “blame,” “control,” “punishment,” “scarcity,” and “one-dimensional thinking.” Parents, according to the teachers, should be considered an impediment to social justice. When one teacher asked, “How do you deal with parent pushback?” the answer was clear: ignore parental concerns and push the ideology of antiracism directly to students.”

3. “ Through the late 60's, City College (of New York City) was justifiably known as the "proletarian Harvard" so high were its admissions standards, so challenging its curriculum and so prestigious its degrees. Hunter, Brooklyn and Queens Colleges were similarly prestigious.
CUNY Was Known as 'Proletarian Harvard' - The New York ...

Take a look at the current result of American students compared to the rest of the world’s students today:

“U.S. Students Show No Improvement in Math, Reading, Science on International Exam Most troubling among the results was that an international performance gap in education is widening.
"Scores have flatlined for a decade. Worse yet, scores for our most vulnerable students continue to decline. We are being outpaced not only by our global competitors like China and Russia, but also by countries like Estonia, Finland and Canada." https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...in-math-reading-science-on-international-exam

4. Just as Democrats/Communists yearn for a ‘worker’s paradise,’ I yearn for a ‘scholar’s paradise,’ and nothing could be further from that dream than government schooling. There are things that could and must be changed in a new school system, and using the 'woke' terminology.....a school system that must be "re-imagined."

5. “In the 1950s, when the United States was considered the top rung of the world, only the students who were academically inclined were encouraged (sometimes threatened) to go to college.
Students who weren’t well suited for college gravitated toward careers in trades and other careers where a college education isn’t essential. That was the perceptive way of doing things, and it worked pretty well.

At some point, someone got the bright idea that “every kid should go to college.” I know Bill Clinton said it.
Now, this is important; from a psychological standpoint it should be noted that he did NOT say “Every kid should HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY to go to college.” This implies a choice.

But what he said implies that the choice has just been removed.”

Remember....choice, freedom, these are not part of the Democrat vocabulary.

Don't look at me. I abandoned the public school system when I had kids and homeschooled them all. I highly recommend it to anyone who has the education and commitment to handle it.

We're a home school family, too.

I was incredibly grateful for it last year. My kid's education went right along without so much as a hiccup.

11. “…competent people find teaching to be a less desirable profession to enter. Who would want to become a teacher when they know they will have no power to maintain order in the classroom? And that they are simultaneously on the hook for anything thSat may happen, ….”

So, who becomes a teacher today?

In addition to the political bias of government schools, there is the question about how educated those educators actually are.

“At many large universities with an undergraduate college of education, the education school is regarded by students and faculty alike as the weak link, sometimes something of an embarrassment. None of the top dozen or so universities in rankings compiled by magazines like US News or Forbes typically even has an undergraduate ed school, in contrast to lots of institutions among the lowest ranked universities that were originally "normal schools" that even now have large education colleges.

An important new study of literally thousands of teacher prep programs from the National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ) suggests the campus indictments of education schools are very justified.

The students majoring in education are below average academically, with relatively low test scores and high school rank. They often have so-so preparation in the subject matter they are going to teach.
Relatively weak students are given a non-rigorous course of study but earn very high grades.” https://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/07/08/The-Alarming-Truth-About-Education-Majors

Start paying teachers more and improve their work environment. Only then will you see improvement.

Yeah, that's totally how it works at my job. "Raise my pay, and you might see me do my job competently." That's some fantasy world you've got going there.

Learn to quote. I said nothing of the sort, dumbass!

Learn to read for comprehension. You said EXACTLY that. "Only when you pay teachers more and improve their work environment will you see improvement." If you don't grasp that what you said was EXACTLY what I said - but with all the self-flattering delusion stripped away - then you're not making a very good case for the "excellence" of public school teachers, now are you?

1623872515570.png

“School Distributes Planned Parenthood Flyer Teaching Pre-Teens They can have Sex with Partners Under 14

A middle school in Washington distributed flyers to 8th grade students teaching them that sex for kids as young as 11 is acceptable as long as the partners are under 14. The source of the flyer was Planned Parenthood who operated at the school in the past.Stewart Middle School in Tacoma, WA,…
1624041321498.png

The flyer also informed students that they could get an abortion at any age without parent consent.

The handout listed other items that children did not need parental consent for such as birth control, as well as HIV and STD testing. The flyer encouraged sexting and advertised that condoms and emergency contraception could be obtained at any age.” School Distributes Planned Parenthood Flyer Teaching Pre-Teens They can have Sex with Partners Under 14

I'm often reminded of the Hitler youth. The methodology is certainly the same.

Just indoctrinate them as children and they will do your bidding forever.

1624104032735.png

In no case it that more revealing than the life of Hussein Obama.

“…Obama's father was from Africa, and Obama has said his father was born a Muslim.

Obama lived in Indonesia with his mother and stepfather from 1967 to 1971, approximately from the ages of 6 to 10.

…Indonesia is a Muslim country, and Obama attended a public school there, ….substantiated evidence indicates Obama attended a public school that taught a small amount of mainstream Islam. The news reports say that Obama's registration form indicates his religion was Muslim,…”
Obama attended an Indonesian public school

Paying teachers more money has NEVER resulted in better educational outcomes. Indeed, the teachers at private and parochial schools usually make far less in total compensation than do their peers in the public schools, and produce better outcomes in most circumstances.

The solution to the current public school problem (and I don't claim to be an expert) is portability of tuition, regardless of what it's called. Parents should have the CHOICE to either send their kids to the government schools, or be given an equivalent amount to send their kids to the private school of their choice.

The "only" impediment to this eminently reasonable program is the teachers' unions, which all must know by now (after seeing their performance in the past 18 months) are manifestly opposed to EDUCATION.

Paying teachers more money has NEVER resulted in better educational outcomes. Indeed, the teachers at private and parochial schools usually make far less in total compensation than do their peers in the public schools, and produce better outcomes in most circumstances.
For a number of reasons that have little or nothing to do with pay or pedagogy.

For a number of reasons that have little or nothing to do with pay or pedagogy.

He has some interesting points.

There is no convincing evidence that certified teachers are more effective in the classroom or that ed-school-based training helps.
Education Schools Project

See http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dstaiger/Papers/nyc fellows march 2006.pdf for evidence that certification has very little effect on student achievement.

“…private schools appear to do fine- perhaps better-without being compelled to hire state certified teachers.” “Troublemaker,” by Chester E. Finn, Jr. Former Assistant Secretary of Education under President Reagan.
“Troublemaker,” p. 283.

The American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence proposed the following requirements alone for a teaching license: graduate college, pass a criminal background check, and a rigorous test of knowledge of their subject.

Why has American tripled its teaching force instead of paying more to fewer but superior instructors?

The seductiveness of smaller classes.

Institutional interests profit from a larger teaching force: unions, colleges, certain political parties.

Societal, legal and political forces press schools to treat children differently, resulting in various sets of classes, especially ‘special ed.’

If pedagogical excellence were the goal - shared by all stakeholders - then the TEACHERS' UNIONS would participate in the development of quantitative evaluations of teacher performance, with the goal of weeding out those whose students do not progress at an acceptably high rate.

Contrariwise, the teachers' unions have steadfastly fought any attempt to impose meaningful evaluations, or to remove teachers for anything less than student homicide, or equivalent.

If educational excellence were the goal, students would be grouped according to ability and academic success, without exception, thus allowing students to progress according to their own ability and motivation.

No such luck.

If pedagogical excellence were the goal - shared by all stakeholders - then the TEACHERS' UNIONS would participate in the development of quantitative evaluations of teacher performance, with the goal of weeding out those whose students do not progress at an acceptably high rate.

Contrariwise, the teachers' unions have steadfastly fought any attempt to impose meaningful evaluations, or to remove teachers for anything less than student homicide, or equivalent.

If educational excellence were the goal, students would be grouped according to ability and academic success, without exception, thus allowing students to progress according to their own ability and motivation.

No such luck.

I'm gonna disagree about the unions......educational excellence is not their mission. Better pay and conditions for teachers, is.

It is the school boards and and those who control schools......Democrats who should do so.

But they have a very different mission:

1624121064696.png

Forum List

Back