The Sequester

Oh, here we go again---the evil rich and obama is robin hood. are you that dumb?

America is a system, like an ecosystem, there is the government, business, military, young, not so young, red, first generation south easterner. All these categories have to live in a balance. The term checks and 'balances' meant that the government had to stay in balance but the whole system also has to stay in balance. So in a way this isn't a spending problem, it is not a revenue problem, it is a balance problem. At one time it was a race imbalance, one time it was a gender imbalance, one it was an Irish imbalance, one time it was a military imbalance. Right now it is a financial imbalance. Those who are heavy one the scale have to put some over on the other side of the scale. Is it 'fair'? I don't know and I don't really care. I do care about America however and because I do I am advocating for restoring balance to the Experiment. Otherwise we are just another milestone in the history of man who tried to get it right but failed. Better luck next time.

If you are calling for a balanced federal budget--- I agree 100%. we are spending too much and collecting too little. I favor achieving balance by reducing spending---the way most of us have to operate our personal finances.

Sounds like you just want to grow the govt--- more revenue and more spending.

What does gender have to do with the size of the government?

Let the sequester take effect. It's the only way we'll get any meaningful cuts in defense.

Let it take effect, and then let the Congress try to reinstate the spending without busting the budget.

Isn't it at least nice to see the GOoPers finally forced to have to choose between two things they've fighting against for so long...tax increases or defense cuts?

The sequester is just more scare tactic bullshit... it won't mean a damn thing. Let it roll!!!

If there is the slightest chance to cut any sort of spending in any form i am for it.
But from what i hear the cuts this time is in the cutting of how much more they wanted to spend this year.They are cutting the increase in the amount they wanted to spend.

When this administration tells people that 800k 900k 8 million 80 million people will lose their jobs one
minute after this kicks in it's bullshit.

But that explains the how's and the why's as to Obama getting a second term.
People believed his BS...

in that pathetic sequester speech, why didn't bambi mention that the fed prints up 85 billion a month, and he never mentions the 100 billion or so that went down the toilet in green energy failures,,and he is acting like a baby crying over his spilled milk bottle if the Congress doesn't agree to the sequester?

Obama is lying to you, if the sequester happens no one will notice any change, NO ONE.

its a drop in the bucket and it only reduces the amount of growth, it is not a cut to the baseline budget.--------OOPs forgot, we have not had a budget in over 4 years---thanks obama and reid.:confused:

That's a very bold statement. IMHO, it's too bold to be true considering the large sums of money we're talking about. However, I don't doubt for a minute that the gov't won't try some creative accounting gimmickry in order to ameliorate the impact.

Of course it is.

It will be noticed. There will be a moderate contraction for several months and a spike in Unemployment. It's going to hit hard in places like Virginia which depend on the defense industry.

Republicans are gambling that people will be angry with Obama and have already started flipping the script..calling it "Obama's sequester". It's as funny to watch as Romney flip flopping in debates..morphing from a far right nutcase into a moderate.

They've learned nothing from 2012..and this will cost them big in 2014.

here, let me help you with your ignorance;

first up- Obama;

Nov. 21 2011-In is own words;

"Already, some in Congress are trying to undo these automatic spending cuts.

My message to them is simple: No. I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending. There will be no easy off ramps on this one. "

Statement by the President on the Supercommittee | The White House

The sequester represents a cut in 10-year spending equaling $1.1 trillion—approx. 3% projected federal spending...in annual terms its the same- on fed. gov. spending of 3.6 trillion,( $85 to110. bn depending on who you believe).

That also turns out to be only $2 of spending cuts to the $1 dollar of the president's tax increases as to that expanded revenue he wanted and got. That's not the 3:1 formula recommended by the president's 2010 Simpson-Bowles deficit commission either, its less......

if cutting spending by 3% a year ( and lets get real its a cut in the INCREASE in budgets of depts NOT BASELINE spending, ergo they take no cuts in dedicated $$ this year, they just don't get the increases already built into tho their annual budgets) then we are sunk already.

in that pathetic sequester speech, why didn't bambi mention that the fed prints up 85 billion a month, and he never mentions the 100 billion or so that went down the toilet in green energy failures,,and he is acting like a baby crying over his spilled milk bottle if the Congress doesn't agree to the sequester?

its bullshit, hes pulling what jerry brown and ever other broke blue state gov. does, they claim the cuts will come from gosh fireman and police to scare the snot out of everyone, they can re-task the $$ and shuffle it around where they want with a stoke of a pen in congress. Its called transfer authority.

GOP officials said more than half of their members are prepared to allow default unless Obama agrees to dramatic cuts he has repeatedly said he opposes. Many more members, including some party leaders, are prepared to shut down the government to make their point. House Speaker John Boehner “may need a shutdown just to get it out of their system,” said a top GOP leadership adviser. “We might need to do that for member-management purposes — so they have an endgame and can show their constituents they’re fighting.”

Behind the Curtain: House GOP eyes default, shutdown - POLITICO.com

Excellent point. That is the problem with our "government" today. They spend like drunken sailors with no thought or care as to how it will effect America years down the road, and republicans are JUST AS RESPONSIBLE.

There is no easier job on this earth than spending other people's money............

Boehner saying he got 98% of what he wanted.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_paKxXLsenA]Boehner Christmas II - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Oh, here we go again---the evil rich and obama is robin hood. are you that dumb?

America is a system, like an ecosystem, there is the government, business, military, young, not so young, red, first generation south easterner. All these categories have to live in a balance. The term checks and 'balances' meant that the government had to stay in balance but the whole system also has to stay in balance. So in a way this isn't a spending problem, it is not a revenue problem, it is a balance problem. At one time it was a race imbalance, one time it was a gender imbalance, one it was an Irish imbalance, one time it was a military imbalance. Right now it is a financial imbalance. Those who are heavy one the scale have to put some over on the other side of the scale. Is it 'fair'? I don't know and I don't really care. I do care about America however and because I do I am advocating for restoring balance to the Experiment. Otherwise we are just another milestone in the history of man who tried to get it right but failed. Better luck next time.

If you are calling for a balanced federal budget--- I agree 100%. we are spending too much and collecting too little. I favor achieving balance by reducing spending---the way most of us have to operate our personal finances.

To a party (Democrat) that spends money to buy votes, decreasing spending is out of the question. We can always print more money.

When the day comes that it takes a wheel barrow full of ones to buy a loaf of bread, maybe...just maybe...some of the Dems will wake up and smell the unaffordable coffee.

To a party (Democrat) that spends money to buy votes, decreasing spending is out of the question. We can always print more money.

When the day comes that it takes a wheel barrow full of ones to buy a loaf of bread, maybe...just maybe...some of the Dems will wake up and smell the unaffordable coffee.

Republican's golden past.

Carl E. Van Horn, Herbert A. Schaffner Work in America: An Encyclopedia of History, Policy, and Society ABC-CLIO (2003)

Attachments

• $uwma1.jpg
    $uwma1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 48
  • $uwma2.jpg
    $uwma2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 54

Carl E. Van Horn, Herbert A. Schaffner Work in America: An Encyclopedia of History, Policy, and Society ABC-CLIO (2003)

The KKK was formed by democrats, Robert Byrd was a democrat, George Wallace was a democrat, Bull Conner was a democrat.

Lincoln was a republican.

The democrat party is the party of racism, always has been.

The KKK was formed by democrats, Robert Byrd was a democrat, George Wallace was a democrat, Bull Conner was a democrat.

Lincoln was a republican.

The democrat party is the party of racism, always has been.

You see any racists in Congress right now?

Forum List

Back