The Sequester

this is Obama first supporting sequester when he signed it.....then demonizing it yesterday like nobody's business.

I guess even he knows his ideas suck.........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj1y3q92sog&feature=player_embedded]Remember when President Obama supported the sequester cuts? - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
To a party (Democrat) that spends money to buy votes, decreasing spending is out of the question. We can always print more money.

When the day comes that it takes a wheel barrow full of ones to buy a loaf of bread, maybe...just maybe...some of the Dems will wake up and smell the unaffordable coffee.

Republican's golden past.

Carl E. Van Horn, Herbert A. Schaffner Work in America: An Encyclopedia of History, Policy, and Society ABC-CLIO (2003)

The KKK was formed by democrats, Robert Byrd was a democrat, George Wallace was a democrat, Bull Conner was a democrat.

Lincoln was a republican.

The democrat party is the party of racism, always has been.
Funny all those Democrats are now Republican with the same racist views.
Is this really news to you?

Check out this California horror story:

The Bank, the School and the 38-Year Loan

Did you even click on that link, let alone read it?

Yes, I did and it's quite frightening.

Then why did you post an article about a school and a town getting totally fucked by every two-bit, and some major ones, capitalists that could get a piece of the action? Unless you finally came to your senses.

Did you even click on that link, let alone read it?

Then why did you post an article about a school and a town getting totally fucked by every two-bit, and some major ones, capitalists that could get a piece of the action? Unless you finally came to your senses.

You can direct your anger towards the school board. Evidently, you haven't come to your senses.

"What happened instead was that Measure A led to a debt so large and long lasting that it mortgaged the future of their children's children.

With no public discussion, the school board had hired George K. Baum & Co. and its staff of political strategists to help push the measure through so the district could continue an ambitious building spree.

After the election, the board allowed the bank to sell some of the costliest bonds ever issued by a California public agency. Just one $22 million borrowing from 2011 will cost taxpayers nearly 13 times that amount – $280 million – to repay."

Does anyone buy into Obama's BS on this? He is claiming that the entire economy will collapse if 80 billion is cut from the federal spending.

The congress just spent almost that much on Sandy relief.

This is just more scare tactic rhetoric by the marxist kenyan.

If the sequester kicks in, no one will feel it--no one. If anyone thinks there is not 10% fat in the DOD budget then I have some underwater investment property to sell you in the swamp.
Of course it's BS.. The sequester cuts just $85 billion per year in spending out of $3 trillion.
Who the fuck do these people think they are kidding.
The Obama admin is claiming 750k people will lose their jobs.
This is typical of the democrat party. Interfere with their spending and the become vindictive. Cutting things that will hurt the most. Bastards.
Anyway, this is all a big fat lie.
$85 billion is 2/10ths of ONE percent of three trillion.
AND it was OBAMA'S IDEA!
Now the son of bitch wants a do-over

Does anyone buy into Obama's BS on this? He is claiming that the entire economy will collapse if 80 billion is cut from the federal spending.

The congress just spent almost that much on Sandy relief.

This is just more scare tactic rhetoric by the marxist kenyan.

If the sequester kicks in, no one will feel it--no one. If anyone thinks there is not 10% fat in the DOD budget then I have some underwater investment property to sell you in the swamp.
Of course it's BS.. The sequester cuts just $85 billion per year in spending out of $3 trillion.
Who the fuck do these people think they are kidding.
The Obama admin is claiming 750k people will lose their jobs.
This is typical of the democrat party. Interfere with their spending and the become vindictive. Cutting things that will hurt the most. Bastards.
Anyway, this is all a big fat lie.
$85 billion is 2/10ths of ONE percent of three trillion.
AND it was OBAMA'S IDEA!
Now the son of bitch wants a do-over

And it won't surprise me when the R's cave on this.

Republican's golden past.

Carl E. Van Horn, Herbert A. Schaffner Work in America: An Encyclopedia of History, Policy, and Society ABC-CLIO (2003)

The KKK was formed by democrats, Robert Byrd was a democrat, George Wallace was a democrat, Bull Conner was a democrat.

Lincoln was a republican.

The democrat party is the party of racism, always has been.
Funny all those Democrats are now Republican with the same racist views.
Is this really news to you?

Wrong. They never changed their party affiliation. That's one of the many lies left-wingers tell to salve their bruised egos.

You can direct your anger towards the school board. Evidently, you haven't come to your senses.

"What happened instead was that Measure A led to a debt so large and long lasting that it mortgaged the future of their children's children.

With no public discussion, the school board had hired George K. Baum & Co. and its staff of political strategists to help push the measure through so the district could continue an ambitious building spree.

After the election, the board allowed the bank to sell some of the costliest bonds ever issued by a California public agency. Just one $22 million borrowing from 2011 will cost taxpayers nearly 13 times that amount – $280 million – to repay."

The fliers touted new ballfields, science labs and modern classrooms. They didn't mention the crushing debt or the investment bank that stood to make millions.

First sentence. How many sentences would you like me to cut-n-paste? Or you could have just read the article before you pasted the link. Any, oh yes, blame the school board. The banks were simply doing their jobs. Fuck republicans.

Certain sectors of the economy and certain areas of the country will be hit very hard.

I think there is plenty in the defense budget that can be cut seeing as how it's at least 50% higher now than it was before 9-11. But the sequester wasn't planned out in a methodical way since it was never seriously believed that it would happen. It was meant to be something that would be so unacceptable as to force the Democrats and the Republicans to reach a consensus compromise. From what I can see, it's not working out that way.

Obama is lying to you, if the sequester happens no one will notice any change, NO ONE.

its a drop in the bucket and it only reduces the amount of growth, it is not a cut to the baseline budget.--------OOPs forgot, we have not had a budget in over 4 years---thanks obama and reid.:confused:

That's a very bold statement. IMHO, it's too bold to be true considering the large sums of money we're talking about. However, I don't doubt for a minute that the gov't won't try some creative accounting gimmickry in order to ameliorate the impact.

Large sums? Compared to WHAT?..
The federal government spends Three trillion per year....$85 billion is NOTHING...In fact it's ONE Month of Quantitative Easing....So let the stock market give up a month. So what.
Yeah, i bet you didn't know that. The federal reserve is buying $86 billion per month in securities to pump up the stock market.
Meanwhile the US Dollar continues to take it in the shorts. Have you noticed the recent spike in gas and heating oil prices? It isn't because of a lack of inventory or increased demand.

Perhaps you don't understand that the U.S. economy, since Ronald Reagan was elected, has been largely supported by federal deficit spending. I have no doubt at all that a severe recession will revisit us if we have the sequester.

That's like saying you filled the bathtub by scooping water our of one end and pouring it into the other. Every single dime the federal government spends comes out of the economy, one way or another. The claim that federal deficit spending "supports the economy is in the top 10 dumbest ever posted to this forum.

Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what it will take to get these stupid fucking Republicans in Congress to think beyond "deficit reduction."

What will it take to get the stupid fucking Democrats to think beyond spend, spend, spend?

It's truly precious to see how little understanding Republicans have of basic economics. Consider this, my pointy-headed little friend: Every dollar that circulates through the U.S. economy comes from debt created by the U.S. government through the FRS. You said, "Every single dime the federal government spends comes out of the economy, one way or another." Actually, you have it quite backwards--every dime in the economy originates from the U.S. government. That's the nature of monetary growth.

DUH

Your comments border on economic ignorance. A dollar is a representation of value, and the government does not hand them out to create wealth. They are eventually bought from the government through product or labor, and are not the economy.

Consequently, since a dollar represents the same value to the government as it does to the private sector, the statement is factual. Every dollar the government spends is taken out of the private economy, or is borrowed. Government does not create wealth, and the creation of wealth is the base of a healthy economy.

Hello All,

Here's what I think on the sequester:

To The United States Senate and House of Representatives:

The fact that your hatred and selfishness have gotten in the way of doing what's right for the people is shameful! You are willing to allow cutbacks that are not only unfair, but harmful to not only our safety, but our welfare as well.

Answer this, are you willing to give up your pay or take an extended furlough? Why not take a 30% pay cut? Are you really doing the job that "we the people hired you for?" Let me answer the question for you. I do not believe you care anything about the poor and middle class! Remember, we are the majority of the votes!

You have consistently forgotten what you were actually hired for. The games need to stop; you cannot hold our "Country" hostage. You look like a bunch of children! Is this what you want the next generation to act like? You should be setting the example for our future leaders.

I for one have had it with the negativity, racial rhetoric, and just plain childishness. The "Superpacs, Tea Party and whatever other special-interest groups that are yanking your chains need to be told to stay out of the nation's affairs.

You want budget cuts? Here are a few suggestions:

• Give up 30% of your salaries
• Give up 20% of your pensions
• Give up your free medical

What's that not realistic? But you think it's realistic to cut funding for programs that the people need. They are the one who will suffer the most? Oh, forgot to mention, "no work, no pay." Where else can you get paid a full-time salary for only working 180 days or a little over? Maybe, "we the little people," should run for Congress and the Senate. You guys can't seem to do a proper job. You are ruining our "country." You cannot continue to expect us to fund a Government that refuses to work together or do what's right for the people.

Regardless of what side of the aisle you vote on, we did not ask you to go and take what is needed by all. Do you honestly think that only Democrats receive aid? Well think again, I'm willing to bet that your Republican constituents are going to be hurt as well. I wonder if they are wishing that they can recall their votes.

Remember, you are elected officials and "we the people can and will vote you out."

The fliers touted new ballfields, science labs and modern classrooms. They didn't mention the crushing debt or the investment bank that stood to make millions.

First sentence. How many sentences would you like me to cut-n-paste? Or you could have just read the article before you pasted the link. Any, oh yes, blame the school board. The banks were simply doing their jobs. Fuck republicans.

Yes, it was the school board's fault. They should have had the foresight to get the best deal that they could for the taxpayers who put them there to represent their best interests. Falls squarely on their backs. I sure as hell wouldn't have made a deal with a bank to screw the taxpayers in 30 years.

I agree with you totally, great response! The budget cuts are a serious matter. FBI Agents will be furloughed, TSA will face layoffs, the Military will receive 20% paycuts, not to mention our fighter jets will be taken off line. For the one's that think it's just Obama playing scare tactics are not listening with their ears. Regardless of what side of the fence we are on this sequestor cannot happen.

Forum List

Back