The Speech Obama Should Have Given

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Michael Goodwin, NYPost, nails it again!
Instead of what the windbag said, here is how a real President might have handled it...

1. "“My fellow Americans, I come to you today from the Oval Office with a heavy heart and sober *humility. Events around the world, including but not limited to the shocking terrorist surge in Iraq, lead me to make a painful admission.

2. “I confess to making serious mistakes on foreign policy. My decisions, centered in the Mideast but also extending to Europe, Russia, Latin America and Asia, were based on flawed assumptions about how others would react to my being president...

3. .... my repeated apologies for America’s past and promises we would be more respectful have not had the desired result. I believed we could usher in an age of peace and cooperation that did not require the United States to be the world’s policeman.

4. .... I pulled our military from Iraq and moved toward an early exit from Afghanistan. I recal*ibrated our relationship with Israel and the Palestinians to force Israel to make concessions...

5. “My ‘reset’ with Russia reflected my view that we had needlessly *antagonized that great nation, and that a new flexibility would induce the Russians to become our ally...

6. “I bent over backward to assure the Iranians they need no longer fear America. By giving perfunctory support to the popular uprising there in 2009, I made it clear we would not contest the government’s suppression of its people. I offered to let the ruling mullahs continue their nuclear program,....

7. ...I slashed our military, and it will soon be smaller than it was before World War II.

8. “There is no way to sugarcoat the results, so let me be clear: I was wrong. My policies have not yielded the benefits I promised.
“On the contrary, they have proven to be major contributors to the chaos, violence and repression we see in the headlines.

9. .... the world is a more dangerous place now than before I took office. Additionally, our allies are nervous and interpret my presidency as meaning we will not help them in a crisis.....Your president failed you.

10. ....John McCain and Mitt Romney, were right to doubt the wisdom of my approach. As for President Bush, I now have far greater respect for his efforts to combat the scourge of Islamic terrorism."
The speech Obama should have given about Iraq | New York Post

Hopefully, followed by his resignation.

Now....for Obama voters: I will accept no less than penitential prostration.

I pulled our military from Iraq

Thank you Boosh!

So...you are congratulating the windbag for his inability to forge a status of forces, for removing a residual force, with the ISIS result?

Just looking for clarity here.

ISIS has nothing to do with the power vacuum that Boosh created by invading Northern Iraq and then making the agreement to withdraw US forces before political stability had been established...

ISIS is the Syrian civil war spilling over into Iraq and the Iraqi govt. excluding Sunni's from political parity in Iraq..

Obama was and is not in control of the Iraqi govt. and therefore was powerless from ISIS taking power and conquering parts of Iraq and the Levant...

That is the basis of discourse in the ME and all Muslim nations, the Sunni/Shiite rift over who should run the political side of the a Muslim govt..
It's like the Protestant reformation and the wars of religion/politics in Europe over why the Pope should or should not be the highest authority in national govts.

Stupid waste of time for humans to be killing over a religion,,,still,, in the modern world, but, humans are repeating the same modus operandi of their history and some seem unable to change....

Obama is all talk and no action...and we're paying for it.

ISIS has nothing to do with the power vacuum that Boosh created by invading Northern Iraq and then making the agreement to withdraw US forces before political stability had been established...

ISIS is the Syrian civil war spilling over into Iraq and the Iraqi govt. excluding Sunni's from political parity in Iraq..

Obama was and is not in control of the Iraqi govt. and therefore was powerless from ISIS taking power and conquering parts of Iraq and the Levant...

That is the basis of discourse in the ME and all Muslim nations, the Sunni/Shiite rift over who should run the political side of the a Muslim govt..
It's like the Protestant reformation and the wars of religion/politics in Europe over why the Pope should or should not be the highest authority in national govts.

Stupid waste of time for humans to be killing over a religion,,,still,, in the modern world, but, humans are repeating the same modus operandi of their history and some seem unable to change....

"ISIS has nothing to do with the power vacuum that Boosh created...."

When Bush left, American troops were there, and ISIS wasn't.

Perhaps you'd like to rethink your statement.

The group now called ISIS formed in 2004. When Bush left, the Bush agreement to remove all troops from Iraq was in place.

Instead of what the windbag said, here is how a real President might have handled it...

1. "“My fellow Americans, I come to you today from the Oval Office with a heavy heart and sober *humility. Events around the world, including but not limited to the shocking terrorist surge in Iraq, lead me to make a painful admission.

2. “I confess to making serious mistakes on foreign policy. My decisions, centered in the Mideast but also extending to Europe, Russia, Latin America and Asia, were based on flawed assumptions about how others would react to my being president...

3. .... my repeated apologies for America’s past and promises we would be more respectful have not had the desired result. I believed we could usher in an age of peace and cooperation that did not require the United States to be the world’s policeman.

4. .... I pulled our military from Iraq and moved toward an early exit from Afghanistan. I recal*ibrated our relationship with Israel and the Palestinians to force Israel to make concessions...

5. “My ‘reset’ with Russia reflected my view that we had needlessly *antagonized that great nation, and that a new flexibility would induce the Russians to become our ally...

6. “I bent over backward to assure the Iranians they need no longer fear America. By giving perfunctory support to the popular uprising there in 2009, I made it clear we would not contest the government’s suppression of its people. I offered to let the ruling mullahs continue their nuclear program,....

7. ...I slashed our military, and it will soon be smaller than it was before World War II.

8. “There is no way to sugarcoat the results, so let me be clear: I was wrong. My policies have not yielded the benefits I promised.
“On the contrary, they have proven to be major contributors to the chaos, violence and repression we see in the headlines.

9. .... the world is a more dangerous place now than before I took office. Additionally, our allies are nervous and interpret my presidency as meaning we will not help them in a crisis.....Your president failed you.

10. ....John McCain and Mitt Romney, were right to doubt the wisdom of my approach. As for President Bush, I now have far greater respect for his efforts to combat the scourge of Islamic terrorism."

Re-threading arguments she's already lost. Classic PC trolling.

Unless you know of everyone in the area, which even the US military didn't, then I'd say your statement is weak, but also look at the fact that Bushed payed the Sunni's of the Anbar province to fight on our side, and a promise of inclusion in the political process in Iraq, which the current ruler put a stop to...Since he is Shiite....

I still like to tie them down until they give out.....heh-heh

The group now called ISIS formed in 2004. When Bush left, the Bush agreement to remove all troops from Iraq was in place.

When Bush left, he has an agreement that kept American troops there for three year longer.

Obama pulled them out....the result is the chaos he generally leaves behind.

When Bush left, he has an agreement that kept American troops there for three year longer.

well that's not true.

we've yet to win the world and make all subjugated to the American Way........Life, Liberty and the pursuit of your happiness by a corporate legislative act....

Then why did it take so long before ISIS showed up between our withdraw and their appearance?? Because the guy in charge was buying up the Iraqi govt. and only had troops loyal to him in the ranks.. and when the shit hit the fan the troops dropped their weapons, stripped off their uniforms and ran. How the fuck is this Oblama's fault? But yet God gets a pass after impregnating an unwed teen.....and never supporting the child or even being around to help raise the boy???

Last edited:

Then why did it take so long before ISIS showed up between our withdraw and their appearance?? Because the guy in charge was buying up the Iraqi govt. and only had troops loyal to him in the ranks.. and when the shit hit the fan the troops dropped their weapons, stripped off their uniforms and ran. How the fuck is this Oblama's fault? But yet God gets a pass after impregnating an unwed teen.....and never supporting the child or even being around to help raise the boy???

"How the .... is this Oblama's fault?"

He was elected to a job that he was never equipped to perform.

Absolutely.

With the right wing...

rain is obama's fault,
mis-spelled words on the internet are obama's fault,
the hangnail you had when you were 11...his fault too.

Forum List

Back