The State of the Union Address.........

In a display of historic petulance Speaker Pelosi ripped up Trump's speech while he was still at the podium.

I would have liked to rip her upper lip from her face.
She`d probably kick your ass. I don`t know why she would tear up that speech that only had 31 lies. Here they are.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/02/04/fact-checking-president-trumps-2020-state-union-address/?itid=hp_hp-top-table-high_fact-checker-1225am:homepage/story-ans

I don`t know why she would tear up that speech

Because she's going to make sure that none of what he wants congress to do will ever be seen on paper.
Which foreign leader does he plan on extorting next? We`ll find out eventually.

What does that have to do with my post?

In a display of historic petulance Speaker Pelosi ripped up Trump's speech while he was still at the podium.

He refused to shake her hand... She should have thrown him out...

People will remeber this speech as divisive and know that US needs the Pelosi's offering a hand not the Trumps refusing...

He refused to shake her hand... She should have thrown him out...

People will remeber this speech as divisive and know that US needs the Pelosi's offering a hand not the Trumps refusing...

He didn't shake hand with neither, Pelosi and Pence. It was funny that she offered, given what she said about him during past few years and during the impeachment, er... coup, she attempted.

Speech was fine, you lefties are just butthurt and can't handle it.

My favorite line from Trump's SOTU:

"The United States of America should be a sanctuary for law-abiding Americans, not criminal aliens".

......was phenomenal. What an amazing thing to behold. Our President Trump is THE best speaker I've ever seen or heard. If there WERE any doubt about who will win the election in November, there is NONE now. What a great pro-American patriot this man is. I don't care WHO wins the Dem primary, they will have NO chance against President Trump. What an uplifting event this was. It made me even PROUDER to be an American. Just stunning.
I didn't watch it. Lowest ratings for a SOTU ever.

I would have liked to rip her upper lip from her face.
Over on AOL, they're making a big deal of Trump not shaking hands with her in the beginning and handing her a copy of the speech instead. NO mention of her tearing up the speech paper after the address. Of course not.
He didn’t shake hands with Pence either. I don’t think it was intentional.

......was phenomenal. What an amazing thing to behold. Our President Trump is THE best speaker I've ever seen or heard. If there WERE any doubt about who will win the election in November, there is NONE now. What a great pro-American patriot this man is. I don't care WHO wins the Dem primary, they will have NO chance against President Trump. What an uplifting event this was. It made me even PROUDER to be an American. Just stunning.
Great speech.

But then again, look at the list of accomplishments he had.. Phenomenal..

Pelosi's temper tantrum made it even better.

I was pissed to see the House Democrats make asses of themselves. It was a great speech and all of the things this president has accomplished while under the gun is phenomenal! Pelosi is the Biggest Bitch I have ever seen. Hope every Democrat gets defeated and more plausible representatives be elected.!
It's always instructive when we see dems sitting on their hands, refusing to applaud when the President is commenting on what is nothing but good news for America.

The dems did not stand or applaud when Trump commented on historic low unemployment for blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and black youths, but they stood when he said 74% of the new employment was by women getting jobs. They are so odd.

The divisivness grows.

Nancy got her impeachment.

She didn't get the senate to do her job.

Now, she's pissed ?

And she blames it on the senate....when everyone knows she did a really pathetic job.

She was holding onto those articles hoping for a miracle...which never happened.

Sorry, Nancy...you've lost it.

Great speech.

But then again, look at the list of accomplishments he had.. Phenomenal..

Pelosi's temper tantrum made it even better.
I love it that he did not even dignify the sham impeachment by the House with a single mention. That must have sent Pelosi over the edge.

I didn't watch it. Lowest ratings for a SOTU ever.
Curious, since this is the first one I have watched in five years or more.

What I'm hearing is
The strangest State of the Union ever

I agree but why couldn’t this of been posted in the SOTU thread?
Because I was the first to post this AFTER the address was over. An up to date thread, if you will.
Thank you for starting a new thread. Post SOTU discussion is VERY different from discussion during and before.

The president inflated details and straight-up misled Americans about his policies during his address to Congress.

He boasted about achievements in promoting peace between Israelis and Palestinians even though his plan makes fighting between them even more likely. He claimed he is protecting preexisting conditions in health care, even though he has repeatedly tried to kill the Affordable Care Act. He bragged about the healthy economy as a strong indicator of the success of his presidency, when much of the economy’s success is due to factors outside of Trump’s control.

He bragged about the healthy economy as a strong indicator of the success of his presidency even though 2019 economic growth was only 2.3%. Candidate Trump would say President Trump is a failure.

While it’s true the economy has grown stronger since the Great Recession, improvements predate Trump. Much of the blue-collar wage growth he boasted about in his State of the Union speech most likely results from state minimum wage increases rather than Trump’s policies. And in the first annual comprehensive review of Trump’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the Congressional Research Service reported that the legislation did not live up to its promises.

Here Are The Biggest Whoppers From Trump's 2020 State Of The Union | HuffPost

Trump takes credit because wages are up? Legislation has passed recently in multiple states that significantly raises the minimum wage. California, Illinois, and Massachusetts are all set to raise their minimum wages to $15.00 per hour by January 1, 2023 for California and Massachusetts and by 2025 for Illinois.[77][78] Colorado raised its minimum wage from $9.30 per hour to $12 per hour by January 1, 2020, rising $0.90 per year.[79] New York has also passed legislation to increase its minimum wage to $15.00 per hour over time, with certain counties and larger companies set on faster schedules than others.[80] A number of other cities and states across the country are also debating and enacting legislation to increase the minimum wage for low wage workers to a livable wage.

Minimum wage in the United States - Wikipedia

What I'm hearing is

Because I was the first to post this AFTER the address was over. An up to date thread, if you will.
Thank you for starting a new thread. Post SOTU discussion is VERY different from discussion during and before.

The president inflated details and straight-up misled Americans about his policies during his address to Congress.

He boasted about achievements in promoting peace between Israelis and Palestinians even though his plan makes fighting between them even more likely. He claimed he is protecting preexisting conditions in health care, even though he has repeatedly tried to kill the Affordable Care Act. He bragged about the healthy economy as a strong indicator of the success of his presidency, when much of the economy’s success is due to factors outside of Trump’s control.

He bragged about the healthy economy as a strong indicator of the success of his presidency even though 2019 economic growth was only 2.3%. Candidate Trump would say President Trump is a failure.

While it’s true the economy has grown stronger since the Great Recession, improvements predate Trump. Much of the blue-collar wage growth he boasted about in his State of the Union speech most likely results from state minimum wage increases rather than Trump’s policies. And in the first annual comprehensive review of Trump’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the Congressional Research Service reported that the legislation did not live up to its promises.

The gish gallop list at the end of your post suggests that your perspective of the speech was engineered by the MSM. The content of your post suggests the same. You did not post your own perspective, you posted msm's perspective. If you ever want to form your own opinions about the political landscape, you will need to look further than what the MSM engineers for you.

What I'm hearing is

The gish gallop list at the end of your post suggests that your perspective of the speech was engineered by the MSM. The content of your post suggests the same. You did not post your own perspective, you posted msm's perspective. If you ever want to form your own opinions about the political landscape, you will need to look further than what the MSM engineers for you.
Well I didn't watch it so you are correct. And I'm sure my perspective would be the same as the MSM. Only right wing wackos and corporate media types like Trump.

Because we see how full of shit he is. Here is a perfect example. He brags wages are up. Yea, because 13 states raised their minimum wage. They did this before he became president. One wage hike took place last year. Should he get credit for wages going up? Fuck no. In fact if he could have stopped the minimum wage increases you know he would.

Trump takes credit because wages are up? Legislation has passed recently in multiple states that significantly raises the minimum wage. California, Illinois, and Massachusetts are all set to raise their minimum wages to $15.00 per hour by January 1, 2023 for California and Massachusetts and by 2025 for Illinois.[77][78] Colorado raised its minimum wage from $9.30 per hour to $12 per hour by January 1, 2020, rising $0.90 per year.[79] New York has also passed legislation to increase its minimum wage to $15.00 per hour over time, with certain counties and larger companies set on faster schedules than others.[80] A number of other cities and states across the country are also debating and enacting legislation to increase the minimum wage for low wage workers to a livable wage.

Minimum wage in the United States - Wikipedia
Yup, this is the first time in US history, where a president took credit for good economic news.

Presidents always take credit for the good, because they are always blamed for the bad. Is this your first time watching a SOTU speech???

Forum List

Back