The Stone Cold Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such thing as black privilege.

au contraire monsieur IM2.....>>>

~S~
There is no such thing as black privilege. Opposing racism is not a privilege. Turn black and then tell me about this privilege we have for facing racism and complaining about it. Read the article sparky.

You played yourself.
Facing racism eh ? Hmmm could it be that if you are scoffed at when you are walking through a neighborhood with half your butt showing because your pants are on the ground or they are to your knees, and your boom box is playing profanity n-word music at ear splitting levels, do you think that the disgusting looks you might get aren't justified, otherwise by people in their yards or riding by in cars ?????????????? I pulled up to a gas pump not long ago, and there was an old black friend getting gas on the other side of the island. We began a conversation that was quickly interupted by a young black guy who pulled up to get gas as well. His rap music was at ear splitting levels, and it was pumping out some disgusting lyrics. Me and my friend just gave up on talking because we couldn't hear each other. So we just made a goodbye gesture and went on our way. I felt sorry for my friend, because I could see the sadness in him about the situation.
Since your anecdotal does not matter when we are talking about law and policy and we can create the same anecdotal about white tattooed kids dressed in grunge cursing up a storm, blaring metal as they drive down the street, your post is another example of your double standard, refusal of looking at the problems in the white community., white fragility, aversive racism and pure idiocy.
Yeah ok Mr. Racist dude, it don't matter just like in the crime statistics where as blacks are only a small percent of the population, yet they commit the largest % of crimes, and worse they are committing those crimes upon each other at alarming rates. Of course blame whitey for that also right ?? One tattooed white dude out of thousands living peaceful, and doing the right thing, but you try to use him for your come back. Rotflmbo.
You presented one black dude with his pants sagging while the majority of blacks don't sag and don't commit crimes. Whites commit the largest percentage of all crimes annually. 2.5 times more than blacks and that's every year. Whites commit those crimes against each other at the same rate as blacks do against each other.

Definition of delusion:1 a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated. b psychology : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also: the abnormal state marked by such beliefs. 2 : the act of tricking or deceiving someone the state of being deluded.

You are delusional son.

Whites may commit 2.5 times more crimes than Blacks but that may be because there are 2.5 times as many white people than there are black people. We have all seen the FBI statistic charts, there's no reason to pull one up, but blacks at 14 % of the population do commit a percentage of crime greater than their population reflects. What does all that mean to me? not much... this is just the conversation that goes on and on and on... yes, we whites commit a lot of crimes.. what makes you think though that the "white" community ( I see us all as the same community.. the American Community) is not doing anything about it? of course we are.. problem is life is just F'd up it will never be perfect. There are programs, church groups and plenty attempts to create social awareness about crime. And of course there is punishment as well and laws on the books that were created because of public outcry at some point.
Then there is the attempt to create an environment of education, knowing that that alone giving kids a sense of hope is one of the greatest deterents to crime.
Success in life is very much about momentum and moving forward, and losing that forward momentum is often the hardest obstacle to get over. That dynamic occurs in the micro sense of an individuals life, but also in the Macro sense.... family unit and upwards from there. Societal positive momentum is sort of maintained by holding each other accountable as well,
However.. this all is much more complicated than a White person telling a Black person... "get your community in order" and vice versa, when you say the same thing to a white. It just doesn't happen that way.
And that doesn't mean that we all don't have a desire for a better world. Sometimes we all blame each other way too much in an imperfect world that has been made imperfect by more than one thing. And talking about race and racism is like taking apart an onion, one layer leads to another, someone is ALWAYS going to be offended, so with all do respect, you cant tell people to shut up while on another thread, wonder why people don't want to talk about race. Everyone has their way of trying to approach the subject and perhaps its the only way they can.

So back to race and crime, racism? I don't believe any of it is about genetics, though race is the visible thing that is the easiest to focus on. Crime and racism is tied to societal development of course because usually groups develop separate from each other with different obsticals and advantages , interactions and sometimes isolation, there are going to be different outcomes.
Blacks may commit a higher percentage of crime based on population, but its only because of circumstance and not race. Same goes for whites.
Proof is take a look at Iceland, its a small mostly white country that has had minimal societal disruption. They have like one murder a year.. if even that, and very little crime. They don't have prisons or jails to speak of. And what is the difference between them and white people living in the US who commit huge amounts of various crimes in comparison? is it genetic? No its not.
same could probably be said for isolated tribes in the jungles of South America and Africa. Societal development and disruption is a much greater factor than race in my opinion. In conclusion, Race however is very visual so that is what is always focused on rather than deeper and more complex factors.

In the real world though, whats the solutions? thats the hard part. We have laws on the books but yes it does take social awareness. Creating social awareness however doesn't need to be done in a way that keeps making people enemies, because thats not constructive. It defeats the entire purpose.
Who gets to decide what is and is not a crime ?
Good grief, and therefore the definition of is, is what ?? You're making Bill Clinton proud.
Spoken by a white person. Live black then talk.

I guess we should end all discussion on race then here and now? we cant live black, so therefore why have a discussion? unless only acceptable answers approved by you apply. You throw race in peoples face.... (yes, he knows hes white..so what the fuck?)
and then expect what? white people are going to say things you dont agree with, then disagree with them! when you say TURN BLACK then talk... it makes people really not want to listen or put forth any effort.
There can really be no discussion unless two parties actually want to look at the other's point of view. Seems to me your not interested in a "white mans" point of view, you already know what it is... they are basically all the same.
Or is that not correct???

We have heard the white point of view for how many years now yarddog? It stays the same no matter what. You guys have opinions about us based on what you experience and believe not what wee experience. That is why I say what I do. You guys try telling us things we face aren't true and that if we complain about what we face, then we are whiners, looking to blame somebody for our failures instead of taking personal responsibility and all that. And I ma tired of reading that bullsht from a group of mother fuckers who have been given every damn thing they have by the government. I don't want to be told about taking personal responsibility by people who never have taken any themselves.

I've worked in the hood when I had a stockbrokers license and could have become rich and ignored the problems I saw then talk stupid like a fucked up dumb ass black conservative. Instead I worked to reduce crime, increase graduation, took kids out of gangs, got people off crack and trained them for jobs and helped develop black businesses. That's taking responsibility. I have never fathered a fucking child out of wedlock, never taken welfare, got a motherfucking masters degree have never been to mother fucking prison,m yet I have to consistently read lectures from dumb uneducated, illiterate ass whites here about how I need to stay with my children, get a education , find a job, stop taking welfare, quit blaming whites for my failures etc. And you guys tell everybody black here the same thing. I know for a fact that the blacks here have what you guys have and more. These are very successful and educated professionals you guys are telling to get off welfare, ignorantly assuming shit based on racism and not even trying to consider what we say to you.

I have to read shit from white women like molly and maryL, sweet sue, gracie and others who have benefited the most of all from affirmative action tell me how I need to stop depending on the mother fucking government for a damn handout. So then you need to understand why I am pissed the fuck off because I have to keep reading this bullshit from you whites in here. And that is why I say that you need to turn black and live. Because you're full of opinions on how to be black, what black are, and how blacks do things. You guys don't listen and yet you tell me how we need to listen. You can't listen when you think you know what blacks go through and how what blacks say they go through can't be so. Once you turn black, live and face the racism from whites you will change the way you see things and that's a mother fucking guarantee. So until you guys are really willing to listen to us, then we can't have a conversation.

~S~
There is no such thing as black privilege. Opposing racism is not a privilege. Turn black and then tell me about this privilege we have for facing racism and complaining about it. Read the article sparky.

You played yourself.
Facing racism eh ? Hmmm could it be that if you are scoffed at when you are walking through a neighborhood with half your butt showing because your pants are on the ground or they are to your knees, and your boom box is playing profanity n-word music at ear splitting levels, do you think that the disgusting looks you might get aren't justified, otherwise by people in their yards or riding by in cars ?????????????? I pulled up to a gas pump not long ago, and there was an old black friend getting gas on the other side of the island. We began a conversation that was quickly interupted by a young black guy who pulled up to get gas as well. His rap music was at ear splitting levels, and it was pumping out some disgusting lyrics. Me and my friend just gave up on talking because we couldn't hear each other. So we just made a goodbye gesture and went on our way. I felt sorry for my friend, because I could see the sadness in him about the situation.
Since your anecdotal does not matter when we are talking about law and policy and we can create the same anecdotal about white tattooed kids dressed in grunge cursing up a storm, blaring metal as they drive down the street, your post is another example of your double standard, refusal of looking at the problems in the white community., white fragility, aversive racism and pure idiocy.
Yeah ok Mr. Racist dude, it don't matter just like in the crime statistics where as blacks are only a small percent of the population, yet they commit the largest % of crimes, and worse they are committing those crimes upon each other at alarming rates. Of course blame whitey for that also right ?? One tattooed white dude out of thousands living peaceful, and doing the right thing, but you try to use him for your come back. Rotflmbo.
You presented one black dude with his pants sagging while the majority of blacks don't sag and don't commit crimes. Whites commit the largest percentage of all crimes annually. 2.5 times more than blacks and that's every year. Whites commit those crimes against each other at the same rate as blacks do against each other.

Definition of delusion:1 a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated. b psychology : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also: the abnormal state marked by such beliefs. 2 : the act of tricking or deceiving someone the state of being deluded.

You are delusional son.

Whites may commit 2.5 times more crimes than Blacks but that may be because there are 2.5 times as many white people than there are black people. We have all seen the FBI statistic charts, there's no reason to pull one up, but blacks at 14 % of the population do commit a percentage of crime greater than their population reflects. What does all that mean to me? not much... this is just the conversation that goes on and on and on... yes, we whites commit a lot of crimes.. what makes you think though that the "white" community ( I see us all as the same community.. the American Community) is not doing anything about it? of course we are.. problem is life is just F'd up it will never be perfect. There are programs, church groups and plenty attempts to create social awareness about crime. And of course there is punishment as well and laws on the books that were created because of public outcry at some point.
Then there is the attempt to create an environment of education, knowing that that alone giving kids a sense of hope is one of the greatest deterents to crime.
Success in life is very much about momentum and moving forward, and losing that forward momentum is often the hardest obstacle to get over. That dynamic occurs in the micro sense of an individuals life, but also in the Macro sense.... family unit and upwards from there. Societal positive momentum is sort of maintained by holding each other accountable as well,
However.. this all is much more complicated than a White person telling a Black person... "get your community in order" and vice versa, when you say the same thing to a white. It just doesn't happen that way.
And that doesn't mean that we all don't have a desire for a better world. Sometimes we all blame each other way too much in an imperfect world that has been made imperfect by more than one thing. And talking about race and racism is like taking apart an onion, one layer leads to another, someone is ALWAYS going to be offended, so with all do respect, you cant tell people to shut up while on another thread, wonder why people don't want to talk about race. Everyone has their way of trying to approach the subject and perhaps its the only way they can.

So back to race and crime, racism? I don't believe any of it is about genetics, though race is the visible thing that is the easiest to focus on. Crime and racism is tied to societal development of course because usually groups develop separate from each other with different obsticals and advantages , interactions and sometimes isolation, there are going to be different outcomes.
Blacks may commit a higher percentage of crime based on population, but its only because of circumstance and not race. Same goes for whites.
Proof is take a look at Iceland, its a small mostly white country that has had minimal societal disruption. They have like one murder a year.. if even that, and very little crime. They don't have prisons or jails to speak of. And what is the difference between them and white people living in the US who commit huge amounts of various crimes in comparison? is it genetic? No its not.
same could probably be said for isolated tribes in the jungles of South America and Africa. Societal development and disruption is a much greater factor than race in my opinion. In conclusion, Race however is very visual so that is what is always focused on rather than deeper and more complex factors.

In the real world though, whats the solutions? thats the hard part. We have laws on the books but yes it does take social awareness. Creating social awareness however doesn't need to be done in a way that keeps making people enemies, because thats not constructive. It defeats the entire purpose.
Unacceptable. Whites have everything in their community that is supposed to stop people from committing crime but they commit more than double. And your use of total population versus percent of a crime is an inaccurate way of coming to a conclusion. The number of blacks committing crimes do not equal 14 percent of the population. You whites measure crime by overall population percentage versus percentage of crimes instead of number of crimes and number of participants in those crimes. It is a flawed use of math only done to try justifying white supremacy. We have the numbers of people committing the crimes and we can use those numbers to represent the part of the population that commit crimes.

7 million whites were arrested for crimes in 2018, that is 2.5 percent of the population. 3 million blacks were arrested for crimes, that is one percent of the population. By all standards 7 million is more than 3 million so when we talk about crime this shows more whites are committing crime. There are more whites playing basketball but the NBA is mostly black. Using the excuses you guys always come up with the NBA should be mostly white. But not everybody white participates in basketball nor does every black. The same with crime. That silly you have 14 percent argument is invalid and its time you guys stopped using it.

I've read this far... so far.

"Unacceptable. Whites have everything in their community that is supposed to stop people from committing crime"

So , what is it that whites have in their community that should make them perfect angels? if you can seriously make that statement, you are looking at what makes a human being in very shallow terms... and very one dimensional. my god.
You really believe that people do not have defects due to family history and society? you really believe this white privelige everyone talks about is something white people really tap into and it makes them feel good and secure every day.... You have that ability to look into someone's soul?

Oh my you are special. Well, please explain why in Iceland they have zero homicides... they have one every great once in a while. They have had a very stable society for hundreds of years, we can start there. The united states is made up of people from god knows where who ere thrown together in a hundred thousand different ways. All you can see is White man has priveledge, and black man does not. thats true in so many cases but you are looking at the part and not the whole. It's a much more complicated thing. If white people really had everything they need to keep them from commiting crimes... then what is it? you think white people are inherently evil? I have seen this thrown out there by people here, that white people need to be bred out of existence.
According to those that study crime, crime is caused by poverty, lack of resources, lack of wealth, etc. Whites in most communities don't lack any of those things, while blacks have an overabundance of the conditions that cause crime. Yet whites commit the most crime.

Now you guys are really good at talking about other places, but we live in America so we must talk about crime in America, not iceland. You have wanted to deny racism and all of its effects even as you say racism exists. I am looking at the whole, you are looking at ways to excuse, and this is a classic example of white fragility. I don't know why whites have everything needed to not have crime but commit the most. All I know is that whites have these things and commit most of the crimes while always blaming us for being the most violent. US history shows that whites have been the most violent and criminal group. Why? A belief in white supremacy.

You have spent a lot of time trying to excuse things in my view. I have not ignored family defects but that is never considered by whites here when they talk about us. It's just that blacks are 14 percent of the population and they commit a larger share of crime than their total population. An argument you have presented yourself. There is no consideration of the psychological damage white racism created in the overall black community by you many of the others here ever. But now that we are talking about white,s then we must consider family defects and things like that. So let's start understanding the damage white racist has caused in black people and the various means of coping that comes along with dealing with abusive behavior both good and bad from the perspective of those who endure the abuse.

White privilege is a real thing and it so much a privilege that you don't even see how you have it. That term was made up by a white person to describe how things are for whites. Not by a black person so then I do think that a white person knows how white people get to do things others don't. And you know it as well. So don't try to diminish a reality that other whites admit themselves to be true.
First off, those things you mentioned don't nessesarily cause one to commit crime, but if you couple that with a culture that is highly susceptible to commiting crime or becoming corrupt if anything like those things come upon them, then we see the results first hand in what we have seen take place over the years. Yes you are right that the pressures of such things can exacerbate the situations, but could it be said that it takes a gullable host to obtain the results that are being seen prevalent amongst the individual or even that amongst a group ???
White culture in America is responsible for more crime and violence than every other culture combined. This is why I will now tell you to drop the aversive racism right now.

So once again we see the infestation of white supremacists who are allowed to freely post off topic bullshit, troll thread after thread with no deletions, admonishment or penalty.
So now you are attempting to control the moderators, and the site by suggesting that they aren't letting you just freely have your way, and so I guess you are looking for some black privilege now eh ?? So you are attempting to highjack the platform by wanting actions taken against those that don't agree with your racist views ?
Nope. Just asking that everybody abide by the same rules. There is no such thing as black privilege and repeating some shit you read at stormfront doesn't make black privilege exist.

~S~

You played yourself.

You are delusional son.

Unacceptable. Whites have everything in their community that is supposed to stop people from committing crime but they commit more than double. And your use of total population versus percent of a crime is an inaccurate way of coming to a conclusion. The number of blacks committing crimes do not equal 14 percent of the population. You whites measure crime by overall population percentage versus percentage of crimes instead of number of crimes and number of participants in those crimes. It is a flawed use of math only done to try justifying white supremacy. We have the numbers of people committing the crimes and we can use those numbers to represent the part of the population that commit crimes.

7 million whites were arrested for crimes in 2018, that is 2.5 percent of the population. 3 million blacks were arrested for crimes, that is one percent of the population. By all standards 7 million is more than 3 million so when we talk about crime this shows more whites are committing crime. There are more whites playing basketball but the NBA is mostly black. Using the excuses you guys always come up with the NBA should be mostly white. But not everybody white participates in basketball nor does every black. The same with crime. That silly you have 14 percent argument is invalid and its time you guys stopped using it.

"Unacceptable. Whites have everything in their community that is supposed to stop people from committing crime"

So , what is it that whites have in their community that should make them perfect angels? if you can seriously make that statement, you are looking at what makes a human being in very shallow terms... and very one dimensional. my god.
You really believe that people do not have defects due to family history and society? you really believe this white privelige everyone talks about is something white people really tap into and it makes them feel good and secure every day.... You have that ability to look into someone's soul?

Oh my you are special. Well, please explain why in Iceland they have zero homicides... they have one every great once in a while. They have had a very stable society for hundreds of years, we can start there. The united states is made up of people from god knows where who ere thrown together in a hundred thousand different ways. All you can see is White man has priveledge, and black man does not. thats true in so many cases but you are looking at the part and not the whole. It's a much more complicated thing. If white people really had everything they need to keep them from commiting crimes... then what is it? you think white people are inherently evil? I have seen this thrown out there by people here, that white people need to be bred out of existence.
According to those that study crime, crime is caused by poverty, lack of resources, lack of wealth, etc. Whites in most communities don't lack any of those things, while blacks have an overabundance of the conditions that cause crime. Yet whites commit the most crime.

Now you guys are really good at talking about other places, but we live in America so we must talk about crime in America, not iceland. You have wanted to deny racism and all of its effects even as you say racism exists. I am looking at the whole, you are looking at ways to excuse, and this is a classic example of white fragility. I don't know why whites have everything needed to not have crime but commit the most. All I know is that whites have these things and commit most of the crimes while always blaming us for being the most violent. US history shows that whites have been the most violent and criminal group. Why? A belief in white supremacy.

You have spent a lot of time trying to excuse things in my view. I have not ignored family defects but that is never considered by whites here when they talk about us. It's just that blacks are 14 percent of the population and they commit a larger share of crime than their total population. An argument you have presented yourself. There is no consideration of the psychological damage white racism created in the overall black community by you many of the others here ever. But now that we are talking about white,s then we must consider family defects and things like that. So let's start understanding the damage white racist has caused in black people and the various means of coping that comes along with dealing with abusive behavior both good and bad from the perspective of those who endure the abuse.

White privilege is a real thing and it so much a privilege that you don't even see how you have it. That term was made up by a white person to describe how things are for whites. Not by a black person so then I do think that a white person knows how white people get to do things others don't. And you know it as well. So don't try to diminish a reality that other whites admit themselves to be true.

All I know is that whites have these things and commit most of the crimes while always blaming us for being the most violent.

Right, whites have all these things, yet white people make up 48% of those living in poverty in the U.S. but you wouldn't know that, because like you said, "whites don't lack any of those things"
How would you IM2, know what millions of people have or don't have?

Secondly, I've never said blacks are more violent, and actually I don't believe that. Most crimes are comitted by gangs or repeat offenders who pack the stats. And by me making those statements about crime numbers Im not Insinuating black people are more inherently violent. It's just numbers which reflects

You have spent a lot of time trying to excuse things in my view. I have not ignored family defects but that is never considered by whites here when they talk about us.

When white people try to talk about family issues in the black community like broken homes leading to kids not doing as well in school, or the fact that a lot of black families live in crowded urban areas that lack resources... we also get told to be quiet and just be concerned with the white community. I know I have. As if the comments were meant as a put down and not a point of concern. And if you talk about the lack of discipline in public schools where teachers have lost control of classes... thats also seen as a put down and not a point of concern.
So yes. Black families' successes in the larger sense have lost forward momentum due to racism and other factors through out history such as living in poverty for extended periods, they have issues due that, and I think most people ARE aware of those "family defects" but most of the time conversations are just accusatory back and forth.
So what people need to do in my opinion is talk about the things we do have in common, and talk about solutions to the problems we have.

~S~

You played yourself.

You are delusional son.

Good grief, and therefore the definition of is, is what ?? You're making Bill Clinton proud.

I guess we should end all discussion on race then here and now? we cant live black, so therefore why have a discussion? unless only acceptable answers approved by you apply. You throw race in peoples face.... (yes, he knows hes white..so what the fuck?)
and then expect what? white people are going to say things you dont agree with, then disagree with them! when you say TURN BLACK then talk... it makes people really not want to listen or put forth any effort.
There can really be no discussion unless two parties actually want to look at the other's point of view. Seems to me your not interested in a "white mans" point of view, you already know what it is... they are basically all the same.

We have heard the white point of view for how many years now yarddog? It stays the same no matter what. You guys have opinions about us based on what you experience and believe not what wee experience. That is why I say what I do. You guys try telling us things we face aren't true and that if we complain about what we face, then we are whiners, looking to blame somebody for our failures instead of taking personal responsibility and all that. And I ma tired of reading that bullsht from a group of mother fuckers who have been given every damn thing they have by the government. I don't want to be told about taking personal responsibility by people who never have taken any themselves.

I've worked in the hood when I had a stockbrokers license and could have become rich and ignored the problems I saw then talk stupid like a fucked up dumb ass black conservative. Instead I worked to reduce crime, increase graduation, took kids out of gangs, got people off crack and trained them for jobs and helped develop black businesses. That's taking responsibility. I have never fathered a fucking child out of wedlock, never taken welfare, got a motherfucking masters degree have never been to mother fucking prison,m yet I have to consistently read lectures from dumb uneducated, illiterate ass whites here about how I need to stay with my children, get a education , find a job, stop taking welfare, quit blaming whites for my failures etc. And you guys tell everybody black here the same thing. I know for a fact that the blacks here have what you guys have and more. These are very successful and educated professionals you guys are telling to get off welfare, ignorantly assuming shit based on racism and not even trying to consider what we say to you.

I have to read shit from white women like molly and maryL, sweet sue, gracie and others who have benefited the most of all from affirmative action tell me how I need to stop depending on the mother fucking government for a damn handout. So then you need to understand why I am pissed the fuck off because I have to keep reading this bullshit from you whites in here. And that is why I say that you need to turn black and live. Because you're full of opinions on how to be black, what black are, and how blacks do things. You guys don't listen and yet you tell me how we need to listen. You can't listen when you think you know what blacks go through and how what blacks say they go through can't be so. Once you turn black, live and face the racism from whites you will change the way you see things and that's a mother fucking guarantee. So until you guys are really willing to listen to us, then we can't have a conversation.
You have to listen eh ? You say this as if your whining is somehow excluded while you attack whites here, and while blaming the whites here, but then you turn right around to then talk about the hood, and how you have done great things to help those who were lost, but of course you teach them that the reason they were lost was not because of their own upbringing, choices made, and blame game played, but that the whites are the reason that they are the way that they are, and that's where you are wrong in your teachings.

So once again we see the infestation of white supremacists who are allowed to freely post off topic bullshit, troll thread after thread with no deletions, admonishment or penalty.
So now you are attempting to control the moderators, and the site by suggesting that they aren't letting you just freely have your way, and so I guess you are looking for some black privilege now eh ?? So you are attempting to highjack the platform by wanting actions taken against those that don't agree with your racist views ?
Nope. Just asking that everybody abide by the same rules. There is no such thing as black privilege and repeating some shit you read at stormfront doesn't make black privilege exist.
Why do you have to lie in order to secure your position in your opinion ?

Never read a Stormfront (whatever that is), in my lifetime. I am speaking like you from personal experience in life. The difference is that we are just using what our experiences are in different ways, and one is right while the other is wrong, but that can swing back and forth depending on the extent of the issue, and upon the knowledge of the issue. No scholar here, but plenty of experiences to lean on if I need to. Like I said, I grew up with Black's, and I know the good ones, and I know the character of the bad one's. It is that as many as we would like to see saved amongst us, some will choose not to be, and that is their choice. No one at that point is to be blamed, except the individual at that point. Poverty doesn't cause bad character, if anything it serves as a catalyst for increasing one's character to higher levels, yet all depending on the character being dealt with is this always the case. Some use poverty as an excuse.

Another programmed Victim in the Hood thread.........LOL

Election year..........they will ramp this BS up.

They don't dare look at what Trump has actually DONE for blacks. That would not work for them.

They don't want blacks to do THAT.
The radical activist with a pro-black agenda don't want it, because it undermines their indoctronation tactics used.

~S~

You played yourself.

You are delusional son.

All I know is that whites have these things and commit most of the crimes while always blaming us for being the most violent.

Right, whites have all these things, yet white people make up 48% of those living in poverty in the U.S. but you wouldn't know that, because like you said, "whites don't lack any of those things"

Secondly, I've never said blacks are more violent, and actually I don't believe that. Most crimes are comitted by gangs or repeat offenders who pack the stats. And by me making those statements about crime numbers Im not Insinuating black people are more inherently violent. It's just numbers which reflects

You have spent a lot of time trying to excuse things in my view. I have not ignored family defects but that is never considered by whites here when they talk about us.

When white people try to talk about family issues in the black community like broken homes leading to kids not doing as well in school, or the fact that a lot of black families live in crowded urban areas that lack resources... we also get told to be quiet and just be concerned with the white community. I know I have. As if the comments were meant as a put down and not a point of concern. And if you talk about the lack of discipline in public schools where teachers have lost control of classes... thats also seen as a put down and not a point of concern.
So yes. Black families' successes in the larger sense have lost forward momentum due to racism and other factors through out history such as living in poverty for extended periods, they have issues due that, and I think most people ARE aware of those "family defects" but most of the time conversations are just accusatory back and forth.
So what people need to do in my opinion is talk about the things we do have in common, and talk about solutions to the problems we have.

Whites like you get told these things because what you talk about is not the problem. Blacks were living at a much higher rate of poverty in the golden years whereby the black family met white qualifications as a family unit.

Learn some facts. Not the facts YOU want to believe, but the truth. Because I ran around in white suburbs "knowing" divorced white women for years and there were entire communities full of white single moms, many not getting alimony, but they were also not living in poverty. In fact they were doing quite well. THAT'S BECAUSE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. So this myth about the black family is just that and it's invalid.

On February 26, 2018, 50 years after the Kerner Commission findings, the Economic Policy Institute published a report evaluating the progress of the black community since the Kerner Report was released. It was based on a study done by the Economic Policy Institute that compared the progress of the black community with the condition of the black community at the time of the Kerner Commission. The Kerner Commission met in 1968 and made recommendation on how to move toward racial progress. Titled “50 years after the Kerner Commission,” the study’s central premise was that there had been some improvements in the situation blacks faced but still face disadvantages that were based on race.

Here are some of the findings.

African Americans today are much better educated than they were in 1968 but still lag behind whites in overall educational attainment. More than 90 percent of younger African Americans (ages 25 to 29) have graduated from high school, compared with just over half in 1968—which means they’ve nearly closed the gap with white high school graduation rates. They are also more than twice as likely to have a college degree as in 1968 but are still half as likely as young whites to have a college degree.

The substantial progress in educational attainment of African Americans has been accompanied by significant absolute improvements in wages, incomes, wealth, and health since 1968. But black workers still make only 82.5 cents on every dollar earned by white workers, African Americans are 2.5 times as likely to be in poverty as whites, and the median white family has almost 10 times as much wealth as the median black family.

With respect to homeownership, unemployment, and incarceration, America has failed to deliver any progress for African Americans over the last five decades. In these areas, their situation has either failed to improve relative to whites or has worsened. In 2017 the black unemployment rate was 7.5 percent, up from 6.7 percent in 1968, and is still roughly twice the white unemployment rate. In 2015, the black homeownership rate was just over 40 percent, virtually unchanged since 1968, and trailing a full 30 points behind the white homeownership rate, which saw modest gains over the same period. And the share of African Americans in prison or jail almost tripled between 1968 and 2016 and is currently more than six times the white incarceration rate.

Following up on this, Richard Rothstein of the Economic Policy Institute, wrote an op ed published in the February 28th edition of the New York Daily News entitled, “50 years after the Kerner Commission, minimal racial progress.” It had been 50 years since the commission made those recommendations at that point, yet Rothstein makes this statement: So little has changed since 1968 that the report remains worth reading as a near-contemporary description of racial inequality.” People knowing nothing about responsibility want to lecture us on being accountable for our own situation.

For example, in 1959 poverty for blacks was 55.1 percent. For whites it was White 18.1. Black poverty 3.044198895027624 times that of whites. This is 6 years before the Civil Rights Act and during legalized segregation. In 1966, poverty for Blacks was 41.8 percent. For whites it was 11.3 percent. Black poverty was 3.699115044247788 times that of whites. This is one year after the Civil Rights Act was passed and whites were still trying to figure it out. In 1975, poverty for Blacks was 31.3 percent. For Whites 9.7 percent. Black poverty 3.22680412371134 times that of whites 10 years after the Civil Rights Act was passed. In 1985, poverty for Blacks was 31.3 percent. For Whites 11.4 percent. Black poverty 2.745614035087719 times that of whites 20 years after the civil rights act was passed. One would think that if a real concerted effort had been made by whites relative to hiring and equal pay this would not be the case.

In 2000, Poverty for Blacks was 22.5 percent. For Whites 9.5 percent. Black poverty was 2.368421052631579 times that of whites 35 years after the Civil Rights Act. In 35 years black poverty was still twice that of whites and had decreased basically by less than a point from 1959. Therefore one can reasonably conclude that either programs and policies designed to lower poverty in the black community did not work, or the necessary effort and emphasis was not placed in trying to do what it takes to lower poverty in the black community so that it is at least comparable to that of whites.

In 2014, Poverty for Blacks was 26.2 percent. For Whites 12.7 percent. 49 years after the Civil Rights Act was passed, Black poverty was 2.062992125984252 times that of whites. Since 1959 this represents approximately .98 of a percentage point difference. From 1966, It represents approximately a 1.7 percentage decrease in over a 50 year span between blacks and whites. These numbers are cited from the US Department of the census.

Get the drift. I've studied this for years and I get tired of these opinions coming from you guys who haven't. The black family is not the issue.

On October 24, 2013, the Kellogg Foundation sent out a press release about a report they had done entitled, “The Business Case for Racial Equity”. This was a study done by the Kellogg Foundation, using information it had studied and assessed from the Center for American Progress, National Urban League Policy Institute, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies and the U.S. Department of Justice.

“Striving for racial equity – a world where race is no longer a factor in the distribution of opportunity – is a matter of social justice. But moving toward racial equity can generate significant economic returns as well. When people face barriers to achieving their full potential, the loss of talent, creativity, energy, and productivity is a burden not only for those disadvantaged, but for communities, businesses, governments, and the economy as a whole. Initial research on the magnitude of this burden in the United States (U.S.), as highlighted in this brief, reveals impacts in the trillions of dollars in lost earnings, avoidable public expenditures, and lost economic output.”

The Kellogg Foundation and Altarum Institute

In 2011, DEMOS did a study named “The Racial Wealth Gap, Why Policy Matters”, which discussed the racial wealth gap, the problems associated with it along with solutions and outcomes if the gap did not exist. In this study DEMOS determined that the racial wealth gap was primarily driven by policy decisions.

“The U.S. racial wealth gap is substantial and is driven by public policy decisions. According to our analysis of the SIPP data, in 2011 the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings, compared to just $7,113 for the median Black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household. From the continuing impact of redlining on American homeownership to the retreat from desegregation in public education, public policy has shaped these disparities, leaving them impossible to overcome without racially-aware policy change.”

In order to reach true equality in a capitalist system all must have equal control of capital, especially in our own communities. Blacks have an estimated economy of 1.3 trillion dollars. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 2.6 million Black-owned business in the United States, compared to 22.6 million white-owned businesses. Blacks/African Americans, who make up more than 13% of the U.S. population, only own about 7% of all the businesses in the country, and generate only about 0.5% of total receipts. Out of those 2.6 million businesses, 95 percent were sole proprietorships with no hired employees. 109,000 of these businesses were able to hire employees. Those businesses hired over 975,000 people.

It is apparent that such numbers need to increase. While much is made about foreign trade deficits, Americans face internal trade deficits of our own making.

Blacks are 13 percent of the American population but have 2.6 percent of the wealth. This did not happen because of laziness or lack of family structure. Indeed, the historical records shows that blacks have consistently worked as hard or harder than whites and for far less money, including over 230 years for free. Equality in a capitalist system means we have 13 percent of the wealth. We have 1/5 the wealth we should have in proportion to our population.

So again, let me break down what white racism has done to this nation. While certain whites gloat about how successful they have been as a race and lecture others about how they have failed, facts show they have created the problems being complained about today. If not for racism everyone would be better off economically, fewer people would be on the public dime, tax revenues would increase at every level with possibly no national deficit or debt. Crime and unemployment would be reduced. More than likely the increased tax revenue could help provide free education and health care to all American citizens. Study after study show that virtually every economic problem we have as a country stems from denying opportunities for people of color due to racism.

“It will end up costing the U.S. economy as much as $1 trillion between now and 2028 for the nation to maintain its longstanding black-white racial wealth gap, according to a report released this month from the global consultancy firm McKinsey & Company. That will be roughly 4 percent of the United States GDP in 2028—just the conservative view, assuming that the wealth growth rates of African Americans will outpace white wealth growth at its current clip of 3 percent to .8 percent annually, said McKinsey. If the gap widens, however, with white wealth growing at a faster rate than black wealth instead, it could end up costing the U.S. $1.5 trillion or 6 percent of GDP according to the firm.”

Brentin Mock, “White Americans’ Hold on Wealth Is Old, Deep, and Nearly Unshakeable”
The problem boils down to a lack of money. Much of that is due to racism both past and current. Furthermore blacks pay taxes to city, country, state and federal governments but we do not get our money back in return relative to community development, education and essential services like properly lit streets, in some cites no sidewalks, and other amenities you see sitting undeveloped in white communities. So many times I drove through KC and saw streets in white communities with no houses, driveways to dirt, sidewalks for nobody and well lit streets to show off the dirt. But in the black community, I saw dirt side streets, streets, too narrow for more than one car, no sidewalks, and entire dark neighborhoods. Then we deposit our money in banks and can't get a loan to start a business, or buy a home. None of these things have anything to do with family and everything to do with improving life in the black community.

~S~

You played yourself.

You are delusional son.

You have to listen eh ? You say this as if your whining is somehow excluded while you attack whites here, and while blaming the whites here, but then you turn right around to then talk about the hood, and how you have done great things to help those who were lost, but of course you teach them that the reason they were lost was not because of their own upbringing, choices made, and blame game played, but that the whites are the reason that they are the way that they are, and that's where you are wrong in your teachings.
I speak the truth and can support my blame of whites with 243 years or more of documented evidence. Your argument has its basis in white fragility and denial. The poor choices have been made by whites and they are detailed in history, legal decisions, as well as public and private policy.

I am 100 percent correct in my teachings and that's just the way it is. If you don't ;like that, then end the racism in the white community. The root cause of the problem blacks face is white racism.

Starting with the 3/5ths compromise white established a system the provided them with right they did not allow others to have. During the 20th, the American government at every level made certain to extend extra rights and protections to whites, including denying people of color the right to equal protection under the law, right to a fair trial, the right to economic determination, habeas corpus and due process under the law, just to name a few. Some of that has continued to this very second. So don't lecture me with your delusion, white racism has exacted a heavy and continuing toll on black communities, economically, physically, spiritually and psychologically.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

There is no such thing as black privilege

Cassi-PIttman-feat.jpg

71SJgJzJnmL__20089.1490296977.jpg

~S~

Cassi-PIttman-feat.jpg

~S~

There is no such thing as black privilege and I'm not arguing with some white dude who posts two pictures of blacks when I've shown him countless studies by whites on the matter of white racism and he denies all of them.

White privilege is not about wealth or socioeconomic status. Charlemagne can write all the books he wants with such a title and he still cannot do everything whites get to do. He still is not seen by some as an American. Others will discount his hard work and perseverance and say he was given things because he is black. Whites do not face these things. It is assumed that a white person in his position earned his way by hard work by every white person that lives in America. Charlemagne can't look at TV and see that the majority of characters look like him. And just as those like you discount whites who detail white racism as guilt ridden and not representative of all whites, these two now represent the opinions of ever black and these two now are evidence to you that black privilege exists despite huge evidence to the contrary in every area of American life and most of the other 46 million blacks plus will tell you that there is no such privilege and in fact CTG was not writing about any black privilege as you want to see it in this book..

And its funny how you try this because CTG's book is nothing new to the black community. We all know if you work hard it is possible to get great reward. But we are going to have to work harder than whites to get there. White privilege is why. They did a study where people with black sounding names were shown to be denied interviews for jobs and you are here arguing about some mythical black privilege using a book written by a rapper about his life experiences and some lady talking about the black middle class.

So I tell you what, go buy some skin darkening pills cut cut your hair bald, and live blacks for a year.

Then come back and talk to me about all the privileges you were provided because you are black.

Last edited:
"You have never answered what laws and policies today benefit only white people."

Why is it white people like Molly always ask this ignorant question. It provides us with examples of the problems whites have relative to the issue of race and white fragility.

Number 1- is the belief in teflon history.

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Few sit on a mountain top to come up with their beliefs all on their own. Instead most people pretty much go along with what everyone else already believes with maybe a few twists here and there. Such beliefs come from the past.

So then why is Teflon Theory believed?

• Because of how American history is taught:
    • American history is taught as dates and people and facts that have little to do with each other. Sometimes the Effects of the the Civil War or Industrialization are studied, for example, but not so for the evil stuff – like how slavery and genocide led to present-day White American wealth, power and racism.
    • American history as taught rarely comes up to the present day. History becomes something in the past, in a book, not something we live in right now.
  • Because of the needs of White American self-image:
    • White Americans want to think they are Basically Good and their society is Basically Just. Without Teflon Theory that becomes laughable since it flies in the face of history, common sense and human nature.
    • White Americans avoid honestly facing up to their past because deep down they know it is ugly. Teflon Theory acts as a guard against having to take it seriously.
  • Because middle-class whites are protected from the ugly present:
    • Those who live in Apple-pie America rarely see first-hand the injustice that their comfortable lives are built on. And what injustice they do see on occasion, like black ghettos or wars on television fought overseas in their name, they have already learned to not see as injustice. But being protected from the ugly present makes the ugly past seem like another world, like it truly is ancient history with no bearing on the present.

Number 2, that white privilege allows them a racial arrogance whereby they can deny the effects of racism even when they know what they have been told is true.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo
Molly you are nothing more than a modern racist practicing the new methods of racism.

Racism today is practiced in a new way and it's not overt in practice but covert in policy. We now face perhaps an insidious and arrogant type of white backlash. Whites who are “tired of hearing” blacks and other non whites protesting and complaining about white racism. These are whites who have cried since the Civil Rights act was passed, making up a fake discrimination against whites they have taken to the supreme court time after time in the hopes of ending equal protection under the law for non-whites. This backlash takes several forms.

Modern racism, symbolic racism, symbolic prejudice, or racial resentment, are beliefs that reflect an underlying prejudice towards black and non-white people in the United States. The difference in modern racism than old time classic white racism is that the attacks focus on a groups culture. Modern racism is not face to face, it is primarily done online and in social media.

Aversive racism is a form of racism practiced today which might as well be called subtle racism. People who are aversive racists claim to be non racist while at the same time expressing negative feelings and beliefs about members of other races. It has also been called colorblind racism. However, since that term confuses some whites because they cannot understand why we can say they are colorblind and still be racist, we’ll stick with the term aversive racism. Regardless of its “subtlety”, aversive racism has resulted in significant and harmful consequences that basically mirror the effects of overt racism. These significant and harmful consequences are called entitlement reform, immigration, welfare reform, voter fraud and many other things that are actually policies designed to take away things from non-whites. “I’m colorblind and if you talk about racism, you are the racist”. This is how racism is played today.
There you go again calling me a racist, which I am not. I point out the hypocrisy of your posts. YOU are racists against people just because they are white. What have I EVER said that was racist? NOTHING. You get defiant because you won't truthfully answer what laws or policies are in effect TODAY that are for whites only. NONE. How am I racist? You constantly put down whites only, only white people do bad in your opinion, etc etc. I do not deny whites can be bad, as any other race. You make excuses, I don't. I don't deny racism exists, in all races, You do deny blacks can be racists. Find even ONE example of my racism.
In a system of white supremacy. White supremacy is the law. They can kill black people as long they get their lie straight they'll be fine.

White supreamcists can fire, not hire, evict, throw out, expel, refuse, beat black ppl any time they want and not be punished.

Why ?

Because white supreamcy is the law

White Supremacy is NOT the law. If there is white supremacy in LAW, it is an abuse of the law. We have laws, now the task is simply to apply them fairly. It's true its not always fair. But wait, your saying white supremists can go out and beat black people right now and not be punished?
really? I can say Im a white supremist now... go out, find a black person, small and weak.. beat him up and not get punished? I'm not going to go to jail? Im not going to get sued?

Explain to me how these white supremist laws are going to keep me from getting arrested.

What you just posted is a bunch of extremely, one sided, biased opinion... bypassing thoughts and efforts of millions of people throughout the U.S.
White supremacy is the law. Black people have been oppressed, killed, subjugated for the past 400 years.

Now show me these laws n policies that have stopped that ?

Exactly. You can't bcoz white supremacy is the law.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Actor Forest Whitaker gets stopped and frisked leaving Morningside Heights deli

Oscar-winner Forest Whitaker's visit to a Morningside Heights gourmet deli came with a side order of stop and frisk.

The "Bird" star was accused of shoplifting and patted down Friday around lunchtime by an overzealous employee at the Milano Market, according to Whitaker's publicist. The encounter was confirmed by a store employee.

The humiliating episode came as Whitaker, who won the Academy Award for his 2006 portrayal of Idi Ami, was walking out.
General view of the Milano Market located at 2892 Broadway in New York City. Actor Forrest Whitaker allegedly experienced being frisked at the hands of an unidentified employee after visiting the upscale grocery store on Manhattan's Upper West Side.

General view of the Milano Market located at 2892 Broadway in New York City. Actor Forrest Whitaker allegedly experienced being frisked at the hands of an unidentified employee after visiting the upscale grocery store on Manhattan's Upper West Side.(Kendall Rodriguez for New York Daily News)

The suspicious worker stopped Whitaker, charging that he stole something from the store shelves.

Black privilege.

Cassi-PIttman-feat.jpg

~S~

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

"You have never answered what laws and policies today benefit only white people."

Why is it white people like Molly always ask this ignorant question. It provides us with examples of the problems whites have relative to the issue of race and white fragility.

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Few sit on a mountain top to come up with their beliefs all on their own. Instead most people pretty much go along with what everyone else already believes with maybe a few twists here and there. Such beliefs come from the past.

• American history is taught as dates and people and facts that have little to do with each other. Sometimes the Effects of the the Civil War or Industrialization are studied, for example, but not so for the evil stuff – like how slavery and genocide led to present-day White American wealth, power and racism.
    • American history as taught rarely comes up to the present day. History becomes something in the past, in a book, not something we live in right now.
    • White Americans want to think they are Basically Good and their society is Basically Just. Without Teflon Theory that becomes laughable since it flies in the face of history, common sense and human nature.
    • White Americans avoid honestly facing up to their past because deep down they know it is ugly. Teflon Theory acts as a guard against having to take it seriously.
    • Those who live in Apple-pie America rarely see first-hand the injustice that their comfortable lives are built on. And what injustice they do see on occasion, like black ghettos or wars on television fought overseas in their name, they have already learned to not see as injustice. But being protected from the ugly present makes the ugly past seem like another world, like it truly is ancient history with no bearing on the present.

Number 2, that white privilege allows them a racial arrogance whereby they can deny the effects of racism even when they know what they have been told is true.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

Dr. Robin DiAngelo
Molly you are nothing more than a modern racist practicing the new methods of racism.

Racism today is practiced in a new way and it's not overt in practice but covert in policy. We now face perhaps an insidious and arrogant type of white backlash. Whites who are “tired of hearing” blacks and other non whites protesting and complaining about white racism. These are whites who have cried since the Civil Rights act was passed, making up a fake discrimination against whites they have taken to the supreme court time after time in the hopes of ending equal protection under the law for non-whites. This backlash takes several forms.

Modern racism, symbolic racism, symbolic prejudice, or racial resentment, are beliefs that reflect an underlying prejudice towards black and non-white people in the United States. The difference in modern racism than old time classic white racism is that the attacks focus on a groups culture. Modern racism is not face to face, it is primarily done online and in social media.

Aversive racism is a form of racism practiced today which might as well be called subtle racism. People who are aversive racists claim to be non racist while at the same time expressing negative feelings and beliefs about members of other races. It has also been called colorblind racism. However, since that term confuses some whites because they cannot understand why we can say they are colorblind and still be racist, we’ll stick with the term aversive racism. Regardless of its “subtlety”, aversive racism has resulted in significant and harmful consequences that basically mirror the effects of overt racism. These significant and harmful consequences are called entitlement reform, immigration, welfare reform, voter fraud and many other things that are actually policies designed to take away things from non-whites. “I’m colorblind and if you talk about racism, you are the racist”. This is how racism is played today.
There you go again calling me a racist, which I am not. I point out the hypocrisy of your posts. YOU are racists against people just because they are white. What have I EVER said that was racist? NOTHING. You get defiant because you won't truthfully answer what laws or policies are in effect TODAY that are for whites only. NONE. How am I racist? You constantly put down whites only, only white people do bad in your opinion, etc etc. I do not deny whites can be bad, as any other race. You make excuses, I don't. I don't deny racism exists, in all races, You do deny blacks can be racists. Find even ONE example of my racism.
In a system of white supremacy. White supremacy is the law. They can kill black people as long they get their lie straight they'll be fine.

White supreamcists can fire, not hire, evict, throw out, expel, refuse, beat black ppl any time they want and not be punished.

Why ?

White Supremacy is NOT the law. If there is white supremacy in LAW, it is an abuse of the law. We have laws, now the task is simply to apply them fairly. It's true its not always fair. But wait, your saying white supremists can go out and beat black people right now and not be punished?
really? I can say Im a white supremist now... go out, find a black person, small and weak.. beat him up and not get punished? I'm not going to go to jail? Im not going to get sued?

Explain to me how these white supremist laws are going to keep me from getting arrested.

What you just posted is a bunch of extremely, one sided, biased opinion... bypassing thoughts and efforts of millions of people throughout the U.S.
White supremacy is the law. Black people have been oppressed, killed, subjugated for the past 400 years.

You completely deflected. You lose that round. Would you like a second try at answering Yarddogs challenge to you? What law protects white people from victimizing blacks?

White privilege is not about wealth or socioeconomic stature
White supremacy is the law
Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity
whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research
White lack of racial humility
Whites generally feel free to dismiss

So I tell you what, go buy some skin darkening pills cut cut your hair bald, and live blacks for a year.

Then come back and talk to me about all the privileges you were provided because you are black.

And maybe you should bathe in bleach, be white for a year, then you can preach how great it is to have that 'leg up' on the rest of humanity being 'white' IM2

I see a line of whites I want to paint them black
I’ll humble them with guilt, cause they ain’t got my back
I see people turn and laugh their heads off everyday
But I’ll keep, posting my racist bait anyways

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
An opportunity to always be on the attack
Maybe I’ll just post away, and make up my own facts
It’s so easy to impart , when one’s a racial hack

Now I’ll just hold my breath til my whole face turns blue
Maybe then the shmurfs will claim I’m a racist too
If I post more of this pooning everyone
Even Sharpton will laugh at me before the morning comes

I see a line of whites I want to paint them black
I’ll humble them with guilt, cause they ain’t got my back
I read into all other views supremacy woes
I have it in my head that only us darkies knows

I want to paint them paint them paint ,paint them black….paint them paint them paint them, paint them black

~S~ w/apologies to the Stones

~S~

You played yourself.

You are delusional son.

Whites like you get told these things because what you talk about is not the problem. Blacks were living at a much higher rate of poverty in the golden years whereby the black family met white qualifications as a family unit.

Learn some facts. Not the facts YOU want to believe, but the truth. Because I ran around in white suburbs "knowing" divorced white women for years and there were entire communities full of white single moms, many not getting alimony, but they were also not living in poverty. In fact they were doing quite well. THAT'S BECAUSE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. So this myth about the black family is just that and it's invalid.

On February 26, 2018, 50 years after the Kerner Commission findings, the Economic Policy Institute published a report evaluating the progress of the black community since the Kerner Report was released. It was based on a study done by the Economic Policy Institute that compared the progress of the black community with the condition of the black community at the time of the Kerner Commission. The Kerner Commission met in 1968 and made recommendation on how to move toward racial progress. Titled “50 years after the Kerner Commission,” the study’s central premise was that there had been some improvements in the situation blacks faced but still face disadvantages that were based on race.

African Americans today are much better educated than they were in 1968 but still lag behind whites in overall educational attainment. More than 90 percent of younger African Americans (ages 25 to 29) have graduated from high school, compared with just over half in 1968—which means they’ve nearly closed the gap with white high school graduation rates. They are also more than twice as likely to have a college degree as in 1968 but are still half as likely as young whites to have a college degree.

The substantial progress in educational attainment of African Americans has been accompanied by significant absolute improvements in wages, incomes, wealth, and health since 1968. But black workers still make only 82.5 cents on every dollar earned by white workers, African Americans are 2.5 times as likely to be in poverty as whites, and the median white family has almost 10 times as much wealth as the median black family.

With respect to homeownership, unemployment, and incarceration, America has failed to deliver any progress for African Americans over the last five decades. In these areas, their situation has either failed to improve relative to whites or has worsened. In 2017 the black unemployment rate was 7.5 percent, up from 6.7 percent in 1968, and is still roughly twice the white unemployment rate. In 2015, the black homeownership rate was just over 40 percent, virtually unchanged since 1968, and trailing a full 30 points behind the white homeownership rate, which saw modest gains over the same period. And the share of African Americans in prison or jail almost tripled between 1968 and 2016 and is currently more than six times the white incarceration rate.

Following up on this, Richard Rothstein of the Economic Policy Institute, wrote an op ed published in the February 28th edition of the New York Daily News entitled, “50 years after the Kerner Commission, minimal racial progress.” It had been 50 years since the commission made those recommendations at that point, yet Rothstein makes this statement: So little has changed since 1968 that the report remains worth reading as a near-contemporary description of racial inequality.” People knowing nothing about responsibility want to lecture us on being accountable for our own situation.

For example, in 1959 poverty for blacks was 55.1 percent. For whites it was White 18.1. Black poverty 3.044198895027624 times that of whites. This is 6 years before the Civil Rights Act and during legalized segregation. In 1966, poverty for Blacks was 41.8 percent. For whites it was 11.3 percent. Black poverty was 3.699115044247788 times that of whites. This is one year after the Civil Rights Act was passed and whites were still trying to figure it out. In 1975, poverty for Blacks was 31.3 percent. For Whites 9.7 percent. Black poverty 3.22680412371134 times that of whites 10 years after the Civil Rights Act was passed. In 1985, poverty for Blacks was 31.3 percent. For Whites 11.4 percent. Black poverty 2.745614035087719 times that of whites 20 years after the civil rights act was passed. One would think that if a real concerted effort had been made by whites relative to hiring and equal pay this would not be the case.

In 2000, Poverty for Blacks was 22.5 percent. For Whites 9.5 percent. Black poverty was 2.368421052631579 times that of whites 35 years after the Civil Rights Act. In 35 years black poverty was still twice that of whites and had decreased basically by less than a point from 1959. Therefore one can reasonably conclude that either programs and policies designed to lower poverty in the black community did not work, or the necessary effort and emphasis was not placed in trying to do what it takes to lower poverty in the black community so that it is at least comparable to that of whites.

In 2014, Poverty for Blacks was 26.2 percent. For Whites 12.7 percent. 49 years after the Civil Rights Act was passed, Black poverty was 2.062992125984252 times that of whites. Since 1959 this represents approximately .98 of a percentage point difference. From 1966, It represents approximately a 1.7 percentage decrease in over a 50 year span between blacks and whites. These numbers are cited from the US Department of the census.

Get the drift. I've studied this for years and I get tired of these opinions coming from you guys who haven't. The black family is not the issue.

On October 24, 2013, the Kellogg Foundation sent out a press release about a report they had done entitled, “The Business Case for Racial Equity”. This was a study done by the Kellogg Foundation, using information it had studied and assessed from the Center for American Progress, National Urban League Policy Institute, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies and the U.S. Department of Justice.

“Striving for racial equity – a world where race is no longer a factor in the distribution of opportunity – is a matter of social justice. But moving toward racial equity can generate significant economic returns as well. When people face barriers to achieving their full potential, the loss of talent, creativity, energy, and productivity is a burden not only for those disadvantaged, but for communities, businesses, governments, and the economy as a whole. Initial research on the magnitude of this burden in the United States (U.S.), as highlighted in this brief, reveals impacts in the trillions of dollars in lost earnings, avoidable public expenditures, and lost economic output.”

In 2011, DEMOS did a study named “The Racial Wealth Gap, Why Policy Matters”, which discussed the racial wealth gap, the problems associated with it along with solutions and outcomes if the gap did not exist. In this study DEMOS determined that the racial wealth gap was primarily driven by policy decisions.

“The U.S. racial wealth gap is substantial and is driven by public policy decisions. According to our analysis of the SIPP data, in 2011 the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings, compared to just $7,113 for the median Black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household. From the continuing impact of redlining on American homeownership to the retreat from desegregation in public education, public policy has shaped these disparities, leaving them impossible to overcome without racially-aware policy change.”

In order to reach true equality in a capitalist system all must have equal control of capital, especially in our own communities. Blacks have an estimated economy of 1.3 trillion dollars. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 2.6 million Black-owned business in the United States, compared to 22.6 million white-owned businesses. Blacks/African Americans, who make up more than 13% of the U.S. population, only own about 7% of all the businesses in the country, and generate only about 0.5% of total receipts. Out of those 2.6 million businesses, 95 percent were sole proprietorships with no hired employees. 109,000 of these businesses were able to hire employees. Those businesses hired over 975,000 people.

It is apparent that such numbers need to increase. While much is made about foreign trade deficits, Americans face internal trade deficits of our own making.

Blacks are 13 percent of the American population but have 2.6 percent of the wealth. This did not happen because of laziness or lack of family structure. Indeed, the historical records shows that blacks have consistently worked as hard or harder than whites and for far less money, including over 230 years for free. Equality in a capitalist system means we have 13 percent of the wealth. We have 1/5 the wealth we should have in proportion to our population.

So again, let me break down what white racism has done to this nation. While certain whites gloat about how successful they have been as a race and lecture others about how they have failed, facts show they have created the problems being complained about today. If not for racism everyone would be better off economically, fewer people would be on the public dime, tax revenues would increase at every level with possibly no national deficit or debt. Crime and unemployment would be reduced. More than likely the increased tax revenue could help provide free education and health care to all American citizens. Study after study show that virtually every economic problem we have as a country stems from denying opportunities for people of color due to racism.

“It will end up costing the U.S. economy as much as $1 trillion between now and 2028 for the nation to maintain its longstanding black-white racial wealth gap, according to a report released this month from the global consultancy firm McKinsey & Company. That will be roughly 4 percent of the United States GDP in 2028—just the conservative view, assuming that the wealth growth rates of African Americans will outpace white wealth growth at its current clip of 3 percent to .8 percent annually, said McKinsey. If the gap widens, however, with white wealth growing at a faster rate than black wealth instead, it could end up costing the U.S. $1.5 trillion or 6 percent of GDP according to the firm.”

Brentin Mock, “White Americans’ Hold on Wealth Is Old, Deep, and Nearly Unshakeable”
The problem boils down to a lack of money. Much of that is due to racism both past and current. Furthermore blacks pay taxes to city, country, state and federal governments but we do not get our money back in return relative to community development, education and essential services like properly lit streets, in some cites no sidewalks, and other amenities you see sitting undeveloped in white communities. So many times I drove through KC and saw streets in white communities with no houses, driveways to dirt, sidewalks for nobody and well lit streets to show off the dirt. But in the black community, I saw dirt side streets, streets, too narrow for more than one car, no sidewalks, and entire dark neighborhoods. Then we deposit our money in banks and can't get a loan to start a business, or buy a home. None of these things have anything to do with family and everything to do with improving life in the black community.
Do you really think that anyone is reading your long whining post, where as you are attempting to somehow convince whites that they need to open their wallets so you can take their money ???? LOL

For example:

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

Why ?

Show me the law and policies of white supremacy. Black people are not treated like they were 400 years ago. If the laws and policies were as you say, you would be in chains or on a plantation.

~S~

You played yourself.

You are delusional son.

Do you really think that anyone is reading your long whining post, where as you are attempting to somehow convince whites that they need to open their wallets so you can take their money ???? LOL
You should read it. You would read it if I was denigrating blacks and telling them to take this mythical responsibility your ass won't take for yourself. Whites have taken our money for 243 years boy, don't talk stupid to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back