The Story of God tonight @ 9pm

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Morgan Freeman is hosting. Tonight 9pm on National Geographic. Should be interesting. Let's see if any part of the show suggests God is made up. Hope nothing offends Christians although I'm sure the show won't show favoritism towards the Jesus story. It's just one of many. Religions are different because they are cultural. I think that's what offends religious people. They believe their way is the one true way. Only problem is there are billions of them and they all believe their way is the one right way. Maybe none of them are right? I'm sure Morgan Freeman won't go as far as to say that but I will.

Freeman is a dyed in the wool racist. I have no interest in anything the old fool has to say

I love Morgan Freeman.
Thank you for letting us know , I will watch it.

Most people even Christians at times have this same question, who is God? I don't see any christian links bashing the show.

I can almost tell you the conclusion..lol all religions have basically the same ideas about God but in the christian faith, God is reachable through Jesus Christs death. Otherwise we are untouchable due to mans sin, while the blood of Christ makes us clean again for God.

Most religions acknowledge Jesus lived, but do not believe God would come to us as a poor man.

Many religions ,even some in the christian faith make it about fear, when it is not about fear at all.
Jesus came and taught us how to live life without fear, and find His peace through life's difficult times.

I am looking forward to this..

I love Morgan Freeman.

Most people even Christians at times have this same question, who is God? I don't see any christian links bashing the show.

I can almost tell you the conclusion..lol all religions have basically the same ideas about God but in the christian faith, God is reachable through Jesus Christs death. Otherwise we are untouchable due to mans sin, while the blood of Christ makes us clean again for God.

Most religions acknowledge Jesus lived, but do not believe God would come to us as a poor man.

Many religions ,even some in the christian faith make it about fear, when it is not about fear at all.
Jesus came and taught us how to live life without fear, and find His peace through life's difficult times.

You sure you want to watch all your myths get debunked? :D

I love Morgan Freeman.

I am glad your going to watch it, you may learn something lol..:D:p

I love Morgan Freeman.

This show won't go into that much detail trying to justify or explain your religion. Do you think? But then they'll have to try and explain Mohammad and Joseph Smith.

And will the show explain the history of religion.

I love shows like this. They put in to words all our questions. They make us think. So many only know what our preacher and parents and grandparents have told us.

I love Morgan Freeman.

I want you to remind yourself that you are a Christian because you were born in a Christian nation and you found a Christian Church.

If you were born in the middle East I know you'd like to think you'd be a persecuted Christian, most likely you'd be a devout Muslim.

I can't wait for your feedback.

I love Morgan Freeman.

This show won't go into that much detail trying to justify or explain your religion. Do you think? But then they'll have to try and explain Mohammad and Joseph Smith.

I love shows like this. They put in to words all our questions. They make us think. So many only know what our preacher and parents and grandparents have told us.

What world religions are there really? It seems to me that they all seem to revolve around the God of the Bible

Coincidence?

Some may refer to Hinduism, but by in large that religion is only practiced in one region of the globe.

Most all religions revolve around the premise of heaven vs. hell. Those who do "good" go to heaven and those who do "evil" go to hell. You can then only hope that your good outweighs your bad. However, Christianity deals upon another premise. That premise is that your "goodness" is not enough to outweigh your "badness". The only hope is through Christ and his righteousness.

The thief who died next to Jesus is a prime example of this. He was condemned to die for his wickedness and was saved by mere faith in Christ.

I love Morgan Freeman.

I found out he goes around the globe to ask people

1. What is evil?

2. What happened in the beginning?

3. Who is God? And how much that has evolved from gods to God.

4. What happens when you die?

5. Their end of days stories.

Hopefully people realize religions are cultural. End hope they realize all religions are made up. Not just everyone elses

I love Morgan Freeman.

I want you to remind yourself that you are a Christian because you were born in a Christian nation and you found a Christian Church.

If you were born in the middle East I know you'd like to think you'd be a persecuted Christian, most likely you'd be a devout Muslim.

I can't wait for your feedback.

I wasn't brought up in the church....

In my opinion...Religion is a bunch of man made up rules that justify killing, fear, and hate

It is a personal thing with faith , that until your soul see's it, it is hard to explain and then you know it is real. I don't need any religion to tell me that.

I love Morgan Freeman.

What world religions are there really? It seems to me that they all seem to revolve around the God of the Bible

Coincidence?

Some may refer to Hinduism, but by in large that religion is only practiced in one region of the globe.

Most all religions revolve around the premise of heaven vs. hell. Those who do "good" go to heaven and those who do "evil" go to hell. You can then only hope that your good outweighs your bad. However, Christianity deals upon another premise. That premise is that your "goodness" is not enough to outweigh your "badness". The only hope is through Christ and his righteousness.

The thief who died next to Jesus is a prime example of this. He was condemned to die for his wickedness and was saved by mere faith in Christ.

1. Of course your religion makes perfect sense to you. You should keep it.

2. Yes every religion today revolves around the old testament. But that is no defense. That even more obviously man made than Christianity. And it's no surprise it's easier to start a spin off than it is to start Scientology.

3. Remember Mormons Muslims and Jews all call bullshit on your religions main point. Jesus was not the son of God. Or that the Christian churches of today have lost their authority.

I love Morgan Freeman.

1. What is evil?

Hopefully people realize religions are cultural. End hope they realize all religions are made up. Not just everyone elses

Try asking another question. Ask them what they think of Jesus.

Chances are, they will all proclaim him as divinely inspired by God. Is there anyone else who would also qualify? I can't think of any.

Of course, Jews probably won't agree for obvious reasons. After all, they nailed him to a cross.....so.....

I love Morgan Freeman.

Coincidence?

2. Yes every religion today revolves around the old testament. But that is no defense. That even more obviously man made than Christianity. And it's no surprise it's easier to start a spin off than it is to start Scientology.

3. Remember Mormons Muslims and Jews all call bullshit on your religions main point. Jesus was not the son of God. Or that the Christian churches of today have lost their authority.

So you acknowledge that all religion is essentially based upon the Bible, but then discount it?

Whatever.

I love Morgan Freeman.

1. What is evil?

OH Wow...look at the quote that I found from Morgan Freeman...it is exactly how I feel.

"When did I say I was a ‘man of god’? …[I am a man of] faith! There’s a big difference… We take a lot of what we’re talking about in science on faith. We posit a theory… and until it’s disproven, we have faith that it’s true. If the mathematics work out, then it’s true. Until it’s proven to be untrue."

Just like I said in my last post.....Religions and fake leaders have done so much damage to people searching for God. Look at our politics today, so many of these leaders claim to be a christian, condemn others and then we find out they have closet dark secrets.
Some people need to follow these leaders and get sucked into their lies look at Jim Jones , Charles Manson, Tammy Faye Baker, They taught to hate, murder, or sucked the people out of their money and their political votes.

Jesus only taught to love and find peace no strings attached except to trust God.

The disciples even had many doubts walking with Jesus,but He continued to show them His truth.

Anyway I do think

I love Morgan Freeman.

Coincidence?

So you acknowledge that all religion is essentially based upon the Bible, but then discount it?

Whatever.
The old testament? Yes I disguard it and all the rest that follow. So do you except one.

I love Morgan Freeman.

1. What is evil?

Chances are, they will all proclaim him as divinely inspired by God. Is there anyone else who would also qualify? I can't think of any.

Of course, Jews probably won't agree for obvious reasons. After all, they nailed him to a cross.....so.....
He got himself nailed remember it was a suicide mission. Rule number 1 the martyr needs to be killed.

Now you lower the bar to being "divinely inspired" by God? Every one of you qualifies as that even Isis members

I love Morgan Freeman.

1. What is evil?

You're telling me people will acknowledge that if a such man existed then what would you think of such a man? Different questions. Are you asking me if a guy named Jesus existed 2016 years ago or are you asking if we believe the legends? Two completely different questions.

Jews deny he was the son of God and they were there. Your forefathers were raping your foremothers somewhere in skandanavia or Europe.

Here's the deal. The more facts you know the more ridiculous religions become.

Forum List

Back