• Every member of the Republican caucus in both chambers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

No one reads any bill they vote on

I guess we'll just have to pass it to see what's in it

Would you like to post in full context Speaker's Pelosi's comment on the PP
ACA?

Or are you content in echoing a half-truth to continue to mislead the reader?
So you actually think Bella Pelosi and her familiars read the entire text of the Obammycare bill?

If you do then you are naive to the point of being severely retarded

The wealthy should buy cheaper homes then. You make it sound as if being wealthy is hard in america. They have never had it so good. Somehow you believe so me working class person making an utter pittance like 50 thousand has it better. One cannot buy a house or car on that. Cmon. You root for the rich guy and hate the average guy. We get it.

a sunset clause attached to the bill guarantees it adds to the deficit...

oh wait, the debt assures everyone we were in certain demise if Obama spent a dime on vacation

It sunsets because Ryan&Co know it's bad for America, but its passage now is good for the Republicans who now can crow they got something done - even thought it screws the many and benefits the few.

BTW, McConnell's misfeasance & nonfeasance will come back to haunt the GOP in years to come.

No idea who read the bill, the goal is to pass some thing at this point they are willing to sign anything just to get it passed.

Why aren't the middle class tax cuts alot larger? I'm all for tax cuts but there sure is a lot of smoke in how it is being presented. More and moire people I talk to are waking up to this fact. The rich and powerful control everything. Hard to have any respect for this garbage. I will be waiting for wages to immediately skyrocket as is being promised.

You label the tax reform bill "garbage" when its clear you don't understand the bill.

How the tax bill screwed the Wealthy lesson 1 - Did you know that the poor and lower middle class standard deduction nearly doubled and the upper middle class who itemize still get to deduct ALL their property taxes and state income taxes, combined they are likely under the new $10k combined cap. The wealthy, they got screwed. Their state income tax or property tax alone will exceed the $10k cap so they got screwed. How is that tax cuts for the rich?

Read the bill, don't echo Ryan and Trump.

ACA?

So you actually think Bella Pelosi and her familiars read the entire text of the Obammycare bill?

a. I didn't claim she did, most bills are written by staff and perused by some Pols, most simply do what the leader tells them to do.

b. The PPACA was reform, something which every generation in the 20th Century needed and wanted.

c. None dare call the Tax Bill reform, it is a money grab and exposes the hypocrisy of the Republican Pols. They complain about annual deficits and the growing national debt, until they (like Sen. Corker) flip flop and vote to add over a Trillion Dollars to the national debt.

Why aren't the middle class tax cuts alot larger? I'm all for tax cuts but there sure is a lot of smoke in how it is being presented. More and moire people I talk to are waking up to this fact. The rich and powerful control everything. Hard to have any respect for this garbage. I will be waiting for wages to immediately skyrocket as is being promised.

You label the tax reform bill "garbage" when its clear you don't understand the bill.

How the tax bill screwed the Wealthy lesson 1 - Did you know that the poor and lower middle class standard deduction nearly doubled and the upper middle class who itemize still get to deduct ALL their property taxes and state income taxes, combined they are likely under the new $10k combined cap. The wealthy, they got screwed. Their state income tax or property tax alone will exceed the $10k cap so they got screwed. How is that tax cuts for the rich?

You're confusing the guy with facts, bad, bad.

Read the bill, don't echo Ryan and Trump.

I read the bill, the deduction for the aggregate of state and local property taxes PLUS state/local income taxes (or sales tax in lieu of income tax) is CAPPED AT $10,000. What isn't clear to you?

For the rest of you board members, I have confirmed in the bill that the deduction for state and local sales tax for those of us in states that don't have a state income tax is retained!!! :eusa_dance:

Probably none, just like none of the Democrats read ObamaCare, but you were totally cool with that. I've said for years that Congress needs to pass rules that all legislation has to be written in plain English, not this garbage legalese that most people can't understand, and should be short and right to the point.

1,000 pages is not tax simplification. All they had to do was come out with a flat tax with no deductions and they could even tier it if they wanted based on income and then we literally could have had the tax return on the postcard example you hear about.

Democrat Voters who oppose the GOP Tax Reform Bill should fight back by not taking any of their tax deductions.

One more tiny thing in the tax bill, if you pay alimony, it will now be taxed. will keep reading.

ACA?

a. I didn't claim she did, most bills are written by staff and perused by some Pols, most simply do what the leader tells them to do.

b. The PPACA was reform, something which every generation in the 20th Century needed and wanted.

c. None dare call the Tax Bill reform, it is a money grab and exposes the hypocrisy of the Republican Pols. They complain about annual deficits and the growing national debt, until they (like Sen. Corker) flip flop and vote to add over a Trillion Dollars to the national debt.

and you still got your panties in a twist over the pass it to know what's in it line

Actually it’s a tax scam, having nothing to do with ‘reform.’

It benefits corporations and the wealthy only, it will render millions of Americans with no access to affordable healthcare, and will increase the deficit.

It’s a desperate, pathetic attempt by Trump and Congressional Republicans to have some sort of ‘accomplishment,’ when in fact it’s bad legislation.

Actually it’s a tax scam, having nothing to do with ‘reform.’

It benefits corporations and the wealthy only, it will render millions of Americans with no access to affordable healthcare, and will increase the deficit.

It’s a desperate, pathetic attempt by Trump and Congressional Republicans to have some sort of ‘accomplishment,’ when in fact it’s bad legislation.

it will not remove access to health insurance all it does is remove the mandate and the tax penalty

ACA?

Wouldn't have helped a BIT to read the massive ACA bill. Because the DETAILS WERE NOT IN IT. It was like most "big piles of Congressional excrement" nowadays -- a "fill in the blank" exercise. Congress doesn't WRITE law for the most part anymore. They DELEGATE ALL THE DETAILS to the minions of morons in the massive bureaucracy. So the "bill" is a massive repetition of the phrases "Can, Shall, Will be determined by the Secretary of ____" THAT is your ACA. Or your Dodd-Frank. AND the reason they were never fully implemented. AND the reason they are STILL BEING written and re-written -- as long as this zombie legislation shall live..

Also the reason why Nancy, bless her tiny heart wasn't lying when she said -- We won't know what's in it until we pass it.. Because --- IT HADN"T EVEN BEGUN to get written when it was signed.

Forum List

Back