The Ten Commandments Coming To Texas Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossbody

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2024

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick pledges to pass Ten Commandments bill after Louisiana passes similar law​

This week, Louisiana became the first state to require public school classrooms to display the Ten Commandments​

Published June 21, 2024 6:16pm EDT

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick pledges to pass Ten Commandments bill after Louisiana passes similar law​

This week, Louisiana became the first state to require public school classrooms to display the Ten Commandments​

i-was-not-expecting-this-v0-6c7tqguyx08d1.jpeg

I was just watching this video.

The woman, a Louisiana lawmaker is trying to defend the document. At one point she starts attacking the CNN host, because... when you can't defend anything, go on the attack.

She gets put in a corner and tries to say it's a "historical document" so it should go on the wall.

She also says that in Louisiana they value "freedom", which is ridiculous seeing how putting the 10 commandments in the classroom is the opposite of freedom.

The woman, a Louisiana lawmaker is trying to defend the document. At one point she starts attacking the CNN host, because... when you can't defend anything, go on the attack.

She gets put in a corner and tries to say it's a "historical document" so it should go on the wall.

She also says that in Louisiana they value "freedom", which is ridiculous seeing how putting the 10 commandments in the classroom is the opposite of freedom.

you are free to not read it,,

I'm a conservative Evangelical Christian and I just don't get this obsession with hanging these in schools. Sorry. I do not. We do not have the 10 commandments in our church. We do not recite them, or anything like that.

It seems performative to me, the same crap the Left did for too long.

The evangelical community will love this, but it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. I can't imagine one court or another won't strike it down as a violation of church and state. I'm really not sure what doing this in the first place would actually accomplish anyway.

It will get taken down by the Supreme Court. Everyone knows it.
maybe not... if they create a curriculum about it in association with the schools handbook it would remain.

As do not steal, kill, hurt, harm others, etc.. is already apart of the handbook and district policies and procedures. The entire purpose of all those lockdown drill is to help students avoid getting shot.

How about teaching them as kids thou shalt not kill. Just like the DARE programs were taught in schools to help kids avoid the dangers of drugs.

I'm a conservative Evangelical Christian and I just don't get this obsession with hanging these in schools. Sorry. I do not. We do not have the 10 commandments in our church. We do not recite them, or anything like that.

It seems performative to me, the same crap the Left did for too long.
I think it is baby steps to getting prayer and Bible legislated into the classrooms just like they are in all private Christians schools. They have to get a foot in first. It will protect future generations.

The evangelical community will love this, but it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. I can't imagine one court or another won't strike it down as a violation of church and state. I'm really not sure what doing this in the first place would actually accomplish anyway.
Evangelicals have to stop being afraid of God's Word being struck down. It's the Josiah Manifesto!

When the world goes dark and satanic the believers must go deeper and further into the light that is what Josiah did in the Holy Bible. As they got evil he did more and more righteousness on behalf of God's Word. Believers should not speak against any of it. When the wicked ones sought to harm and suppress, Josiah would shine the light and truth of God brighter and brighter.

There are a lot of different things required to hang on the walls in each classroom. Most parents could not name 5 of them.

What they do not know does not bother them.

I love this... I love how with democrats always so heavily focused on Donald Trump... Louisiana was able to pass the legislation and have their governor sign it with no one protesting any of it, smooth.

God was able to just have His way.

I think it is baby steps to getting prayer and Bible legislated into the classrooms just like they are in all private Christians schools. They have to get a foot in first. It will protect future generations.

I'm sorry but no. This is not the way to win people over. Not even Jesus used the government of the day to win Believers.

People who go to and work in public schools have the right to their faith and that does not have to be hidden. I have Bible verses by my computer at school, for example. I can wear a Cross necklace.

But I as a public school employee cannot proselytize, and I think that's correct. I can pray for my students on my own all I like (and I do) and even read the Bible on my lunch. Those are MY rights. But I can't supersede their parents' rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back