The terrorist are winning

Please. Do not misunderstand. My activities would not get me jailed now. But if a nutcase like Rick Santorum had his way....I'd be a gonner.

I prefer that my communications be private. For that reason.
If you use the Internet extensively, there is no way to guarantee that your information will be private. All that's needed is the knowledge of how to correlate the information that already exist in databases on the Net.

Again....I am quite sure that the current administration does not care about my online communications. But...things change. Lets keep our shit private, shall we?

And there’s really nothing they could do about it even if they did.

Let’s assume, for example, the authorities intercepted your online communications concerning a bank you were going to rob, or illegal drugs you wanted to sell. The authorities aren’t going to take the time, trouble, and expense to obtain a warrant outside of the FISA courts and pursue a criminal prosecution, much less be compelled to enter into evidence the means by which they learned of your criminal conspiracy.

Moreover, intelligence agencies aren’t going to jeopardize their intelligence gathering operations by prosecuting US citizens for non-terrorist related criminal allegations.

Now, does this mean we should trust the government to ‘do the right thing’?

Of course not.

Does this mean the FISA legislation and PA shouldn’t be immediately repealed?

Again, of course not.

But the rule of law and due process are still in effect, the Federal court system is still viable and functioning. If the government is going to pursue the criminal prosecution of a citizen predicated on evidence obtained by wiretaps, internet communications, or phone records, such prosecutions will be forced to take place in open court and in the light of day – and the last thing the intelligence community wants is openness and transparency.

IF we have to give up our privacy and freedoms they are winning. I would rather be free then worry about the fear of what might happen. If it is going to happen it will...

Spying on average Americans and giving trusted travel status to a Muslim country isn't exactly a good plan when we want to protect ourselves from terrorism. I don't believe all the spying is about terrorism. I think it's for the same reason patriotic groups were targeted and it's all about going after enemies.

I don't think Obama's policies are designed to protect Americans. He has done more for the Muslim Brotherhood than he has for the U.S. While arming the Muslim Brotherhood and other radicals with expensive weapons, tanks and fighter jets, he keeps insisting that citizens of America shouldn't have so many rights when it comes to weapons, speech, etc. There has been a lot of talk about curbing free speech. The filmmaker was arrested because of it and we all know that is the real reason. In Obama's speech to Muslims after the last 9/11 attack, he lamented the fact that we have free speech.

We are discouraged from saying anything even mildly negative about Muslims and there are even laws protecting Muslims. We are slowly being silenced and forced to respect a religion that we may loathe while Christians are being vilified.

I think the main thing that needs to be discussed with immigration reform is whether we should allow those who seek to take over a country to migrate here. It has been stated by many Muslims that their intent is to spread out and multiply until they rule the world with Sharia law. If we are to believe them, we should not allow them to migrate here. Our government is duty bound to protect our constitution and that would mean not encouraging or assisting those who seek to render our constitution null and void.

Obama shows contempt for our constitution and half the people in this country. Fundamentally transforming the country and fixing the problems are two totally different things. He hasn't fixed shit, but Obamacare and increasing government control has turned the government into an oppressive regime that makes people fear the elected officials. This is the opposite of what our founders' envisioned. I guess America has already been fundamentally changed and if we go any further in this direction it will be destroyed completely.

The best protection for America is keeping terrorists out. Looking at the statistics from past decades of attacks, they were mostly committed by young Muslim males. We can't erase history and pretend that Muslims are all peace loving people. Why should we take anyone's word for that? Where are the peace loving Muslims and why haven't they spoken out against the radicals among them? If they don't openly condemn terrorism, they are part of it and shouldn't be trusted. The weak is following the strong and the radicals appear to be the leaders in the Muslim world. The likes of the Muslim Brotherhood are typical these days and we shouldn't trust them, let alone provide them with some of our best planes, tanks, weapons and ridiculous amounts of money in foreign aid.

Sad part is that the terrorists will win in the end and it will be because we helped them destroy us by giving them the means and the opportunity while too many Americans stick their head in the sand.

Oh fer chrissake- this program is 7 years old, all Kosher- we should keep it until the terrorists hang it up. And we should find out who's leaking this stuff- THAT IS A CRIME.

Duh. The terrorist won when Bush used the words "Crusade" and "War on Terror". 9-11 was a criminal act, not in league with Pearl Harbor. We had the civilized world in our corner until we invaded Iraq on a false premise.

Yeah, I know - Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush.

‘Axis of Evil’ did not help much, either – in addition to being fundamentally moronic.

The Republcan Party is doomed to failure if they continue to court a base which is defined by lovebears and dilloduck.
What’s telling, as conservatives whine and complain about Obama being a ‘tyrant,’ is they offer no solutions to address the problem, offer no alternatives with regard to gathering intelligence concerning terrorism and preventing potential terrorist attacks.

Unless their ‘solution’ is to ‘vote republican.’

In which case they’ve got to be kidding, or indeed insane and doomed.

IF we have to give up our privacy and freedoms they are winning. I would rather be free then worry about the fear of what might happen. If it is going to happen it will...

Spying on average Americans and giving trusted travel status to a Muslim country isn't exactly a good plan when we want to protect ourselves from terrorism. I don't believe all the spying is about terrorism. I think it's for the same reason patriotic groups were targeted and it's all about going after enemies.

I don't think Obama's policies are designed to protect Americans. He has done more for the Muslim Brotherhood than he has for the U.S. While arming the Muslim Brotherhood and other radicals with expensive weapons, tanks and fighter jets, he keeps insisting that citizens of America shouldn't have so many rights when it comes to weapons, speech, etc. There has been a lot of talk about curbing free speech. The filmmaker was arrested because of it and we all know that is the real reason. In Obama's speech to Muslims after the last 9/11 attack, he lamented the fact that we have free speech.

We are discouraged from saying anything even mildly negative about Muslims and there are even laws protecting Muslims. We are slowly being silenced and forced to respect a religion that we may loathe while Christians are being vilified.

I think the main thing that needs to be discussed with immigration reform is whether we should allow those who seek to take over a country to migrate here. It has been stated by many Muslims that their intent is to spread out and multiply until they rule the world with Sharia law. If we are to believe them, we should not allow them to migrate here. Our government is duty bound to protect our constitution and that would mean not encouraging or assisting those who seek to render our constitution null and void.

Obama shows contempt for our constitution and half the people in this country. Fundamentally transforming the country and fixing the problems are two totally different things. He hasn't fixed shit, but Obamacare and increasing government control has turned the government into an oppressive regime that makes people fear the elected officials. This is the opposite of what our founders' envisioned. I guess America has already been fundamentally changed and if we go any further in this direction it will be destroyed completely.

The best protection for America is keeping terrorists out. Looking at the statistics from past decades of attacks, they were mostly committed by young Muslim males. We can't erase history and pretend that Muslims are all peace loving people. Why should we take anyone's word for that? Where are the peace loving Muslims and why haven't they spoken out against the radicals among them? If they don't openly condemn terrorism, they are part of it and shouldn't be trusted. The weak is following the strong and the radicals appear to be the leaders in the Muslim world. The likes of the Muslim Brotherhood are typical these days and we shouldn't trust them, let alone provide them with some of our best planes, tanks, weapons and ridiculous amounts of money in foreign aid.

Sad part is that the terrorists will win in the end and it will be because we helped them destroy us by giving them the means and the opportunity while too many Americans stick their head in the sand.

Trying to imagine the hell that is your life. This rant suggests an existence of constant hate and fear.......it has got to be difficult being you. You will claim that you don't want it, but you have earned my pity. Hope things get better for you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back