The three main goals of libertarianism

Oh man, not one of you got it right. We believe that liberty is the ultimate form of political expression. We believe in individual liberty, voluntary association and political freedom. We do not espouse the ideals of hating the rich or promoting them. We just want them to be allowed to be rich. See we believe it is the right of any person to to own their own property and make their own money, without the thing of government rigging the entire process. We want to limit government to the point where it is no longer coercive but cooperative with it's people. We would much rather have it work for us than us for it. We don't want to sell it out to anyone, we want it to do what it was originally designed to do, protect us from coercion and violent threats.

That's what the power elite who run the libertarian wing of the GOP tell you, indeed. They don't give a shit about any of it. Their only goal is to advance the agenda as outlined in the OP, and "individual liberty, voluntary association and political freedom" is whatever the fuck the Koch Bros. and their think tanks tell you it is. If they tell you "individual liberty" means not paying taxes - that's what it means. If they tell you "voluntary association" means prohibiting union shop agreements and allowing people to freeload off the backs of the unions - that's what it means. If they tell you "political freedom" means elections should go to the highest bidder - that's what it means.

OohPah is just launching a smear campaign on me and members of my party, with piddly liberal class warfare rhetoric. How lame. I cannot believe it, you guys are more scared of us than you are the Republicans. Go on, we won't be going anywhere. Our movement is growing, now more than ever since this government has gone completely out of control.

Your movement is a bunch of fucking whiny babies. You live in the freest nation there ever was yet all you do is constantly whine and moan that your freedoms are being impinged on. Its getting old.

BriPat -

There's nothing about democracy that makes it incompatible with fascism.

Then by all means provide a list of fascist states that were also democracies.

To save time, here is the list: -

ROLF! Nope. Proving, once again, that you don't know what fascism is.

Here's a more accurate list:

The United States, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Serbia, Russia, Ukraine, Belorussia

No fascist state has ever held real elections, and never will.

Of course, you simply define any election held by a fascist state not to be fascit. BUt then, you have no clue what fascism is.

a right-winger is someone who supports limited government and the free market.

That is YOUR definition, and unfortunately no dictionary agrees with it.

That is the definition. Any other definition is nonsensical and based on purely partisan criteria.

Limited government is a relatively recent, and very American concept. It did not exist in the 1940's, and is rarely referred to anyone except in the US even today.

ROFL! The concept of limited government has been around for at least 200 years. It pretty much ended by 1940. By that time the USA had descended entirely into fascism.

You're one of the stupidest fucking idiots on this board, pooh. Seriously. Go read a dictionary and figure out what words mean. Then re-assess your ignorant opinions and come back. Or keep trolling as if you have a point.

1) Decrease wages salaries and benefits for the poor and middle class as much as possible. Lower wages salaries and benefits for those who labor means those who own can profit more.

2) Decrease taxes on the wealthy as much as possible. No explanation needed.

3) Remove all regulations that make it harder for the wealthy to herd the poor like cattle - and remove all regulations that make it possible for a healthy middle class to exist. Regulation is the enemy of profit and profit is the only thing that matters.

That about sums it up!

This sums you up:

"An idiot who, if he didn't have strawman arguments, would have nothing at all to say here."

Not one of the people here criticising Libertarians have even the slightest clue what a Libertarian is or what he/she believes.

1) Decrease wages salaries and benefits for the poor and middle class as much as possible. Lower wages salaries and benefits for those who labor means those who own can profit more.

3) Remove all regulations that make it harder for the wealthy to herd the poor like cattle - and remove all regulations that make it possible for a healthy middle class to exist. Regulation is the enemy of profit and profit is the only thing that matters.

That about sums it up!

Actually, you may wish to look up the meaning of that word.

What you've described in your post is pretty much what the GOP wants, and it's not liberty, its more of a description of slavery.

Sorry.......................but I spent 20 years of my life defending this country, and I don't want to see some idiot corporation (that will never serve in a war zone) deciding what is good for my country or not.

The libertarians have co-opted the GOP. Did you know David Koch was the Libertarian Party's Vice Presidential candidate in 1980? Guess who was the Presidential candidate for the Libertarian Party in 1988? Ron Paul. They are Republicans now - and they are doing everything to advance the three goals outlined in the OP.

That's right. We've taken over the Republican Party. That's how Mitt Romney got nominated. All part of the vast libertarian conspiracy.

"Definitions vary, but broadly speaking, libertarianism is the idea that people should be as free as possible from state coercion so long as they don’t harm anyone. The job of the state is limited to fighting crime, providing for the common defense, and protecting the rights and contracts of citizens. The individual is sovereign; he is the captain of himself."

Freedom: The Unfolding Revolution | National Review Online

Watch how they all ignore this.

You're one of the stupidest fucking idiots on this board, pooh. Seriously. Go read a dictionary and figure out what words mean. Then re-assess your ignorant opinions and come back. Or keep trolling as if you have a point.

Poo Poo, Luddley, and rdean are in a heated competition to fill the void left by Truthmatters as the biggest moron on this board. Wonder who will come out on top (bottom)?

Oopie, the root of libertarianism is you leave me to do what I want and I'll leave you to do what you want. I won't harm you and you won't harm me.

Why do you have a problem with that? Why do you insist that workers have to be protected from their employers? Can't they unionize and negotiate? Can't they strike? Can't they find suitable employment elsewhere?

People who work for a living can take care of themselves. They don't need you to do it.

If liberty is the ultimate form of political expression, then tell me this....................

Why is it easier for a rich man to influence the politicians than it is for the people who actually elected them?

I hope Boehener, McConnell and Cantor all lose their next elections............................

That's an easy one. The people who elected them are idiots. A representative republic requires a thinking electorate. We don't have that.

Not one of the people here criticising Libertarians have even the slightest clue what a Libertarian is or what he/she believes.

They're desperately afraid they'll have to fend for themselves. Most would perish.

You can't really blame them. Obsequious fawning over the powers that be is a survival mechanism for them. Hell, they're not even industrious enough to make a will work for food sign.

First off...................it's SAILOR, not "soldier". Never been a ground pounder or a bullet sponge (Army and Marines) nor do I ever wish to become one. When I first joined in 1982, I thought camping as a hobby was fine, but as a lifestyle left much to be desired (which is why I didn't join the Army).

I also thought that being on the front lines and getting fired at was not exactly what I wanted as well, which is why I joined the Navy.

Being on the front lines (like Beruit, Desert Storm for both Pt. 1 and 2, as well as Kosovo) was exciting enough, but in addition to going to battle stations, I could get a decent hot meal later.

Want to know what's killing capitalism? It's idiots like Mittens RobMe and his ilk. They don't care about the workers or what they produce or how well it's done, they just want to fortify their bottom line and make more cash.

And yeah..................Mittens RobMe isn't a slash about his failed campaign, it's about the people who think like him.

Odd that your love for workers doesn't extend to soldiers. Now everyone know why navy pukes are pretty much considered light in the loafers.

I honestly can't believe you guys are responding to Ompaloompa.

Democrats are the fastest dying party in America, they lost 4 million voters in 2012 compared to 2008 and didn't grow a single voter over that 4 year period of time, meaning the Dems shrunk by over 7 million voters (on the low side, maybe more like 10-12 million) as both parties have ALWAYS gotten bigger until this last election.

Libertarians are part of the fastest growing party in this country. We can in fact swing an election by sitting out as we did in 2012.

So yes, I fully understand why the fanatic left and even the crazy religious right hate the Libertarian movement. The far left and far right believe in the exact same form of over powered, always growing Government... As libertarians make it crystal clear just how identical the Dem and Republican party have become.

That about sums it up!

Dude: for you, "dumb as a rock" would be a step UP.

I honestly can't believe you guys are responding to Ompaloompa.

Democrats are the fastest dying party in America, they lost 4 million voters in 2012 compared to 2008 and didn't grow a single voter over that 4 year period of time, meaning the Dems shrunk by over 7 million voters (on the low side, maybe more like 10-12 million) as both parties have ALWAYS gotten bigger until this last election.

Libertarians are part of the fastest growing party in this country. We can in fact swing an election by sitting out as we did in 2012.

So yes, I fully understand why the fanatic left and even the crazy religious right hate the Libertarian movement. The far left and far right believe in the exact same form of over powered, always growing Government... As libertarians make it crystal clear just how identical the Dem and Republican party have become.

It's the same reason I don't put him on ignore. He's an easy target, a punching bag...someone to point and laugh at.

a right-winger is someone who supports limited government and the free market.

That is YOUR definition, and unfortunately no dictionary agrees with it.
That is the definition. Any other definition is nonsensical and based on purely partisan criteria.

Nonsensical and based on purely partisan criteria you say?... well for the most part it a partisan term.

Read all about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_politics

That about sums it up!

You are way off, 0 for 3.

It is not the government responsibility to intervene in employment contracts. How much you earn depends on you and the putative employer.

Taxation is a bad word for Libertarians. You pay for what you use or consume.

We believe in businesses being regulated by the marketplace.

Last edited:

That about sums it up!

The three main goals of liberalism.

1) Unlimited sex with sheep

2) Murdering white children

3) The ability to suck their own genitalia.

I mean as long as we're making up crap...

Are you the ones who catapulted Ron Paul to his impressive zero-state victory in the GOP primaries last go-around?

Right, sounds like you've really go that party by the balls.

Are you the ones who catapulted Ron Paul to his impressive zero-state victory in the GOP primaries last go-around?

Right, sounds like you've really go that party by the balls.

Yo Green, as you know the US is now a welfare/warfare state democracy where the majority rules. Since there are , and will always be , more parasites than producers you guys have the upper hand.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back