🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Trump downturn begins....

Correction???????????
Are you guys mad?
The market has went up nearly 25% in the last year, and your calling a 225 pt drop a correction??????

I think that despite this "cratering market" I won't pull my investments and hide them under my mattress just yet...

Correction???????????
Are you guys mad?
The market has went up nearly 25% in the last year, and your calling a 225 pt drop a correction??????

Actually it was over 500 points.

Not now....and 500 points over several days is not that big of a deal. Call it some cashing in. I was speaking of where it is now.
A bit ridiculous to come in with doomsday predictions.

Correction???????????
Are you guys mad?

Actually it was over 500 points.

Not now....and 500 points over several days is not that big of a deal. Call it some cashing in. I was speaking of where it is now.
A bit ridiculous to come in with doomsday predictions.

Yes it is but the fact is DJIA dropped over 500 points in those two days -- not "225". Today it recovered about a tenth of that.

Down 375 pts as of a few minutes ago. That's approaching a thousand-point drop for the week. :uhh:

You know, I don't pay much attention to the stock market, but when I started watching news this morning, it was down over 250 just a couple of hours ago, and now it's down damn near 400.

Is Trump still "winning"?

I'm a total dummy where these financial matters are concerned but I do recall reading and hearing that sudden "corrections" of this nature are neither unusual nor indicative of impending disaster.

Is that right -- or am I off base?

Oh, sure ---- everyone had been worried about "frothiness" for a good two weeks. It was going up too fast, and this is a correction.

437 point down now Friday --- now, that's a correction! People are alternately claiming it's the bonds or it's the memo, but I think it's probably just a correction from too far too fast.

"A relatively minor turbulence in a relentless climb"...CNN financial. It's a shame that the crazy angry borderline psychotic left actually fantasizes about a decline in the stock market during a republican administration.

Good point. The rest of us don't mind a good market during a bad presidency, not that we got one. We just use it to make more money. Liberals apparently never make any money no matter what is going on with politics or the market. No wonder they want redistribution of everyone else's money over to them.

You know, I don't pay much attention to the stock market, but when I started watching news this morning, it was down over 250 just a couple of hours ago, and now it's down damn near 400.

Is Trump still "winning"?

Yes. Today he's winning the memo.

Next week he'll win the market going up again. What, did you hope it would STAY down??? It's gone up thousands of points since Trump won. It's only going a little down because it was floating up too fast.

Gawd, how silly this stuff is.

A correction would be perfectly healthy, 10% to 20%. It's a part of the natural breathing process of markets.

If you don't know shit about this stuff, and you comment anyway, you're just making a fool of yourself.

Uuummmm.... "10 to 20 percent" would be a bit more than a "correction" so let's hope not.

You get that kind of drop of five thousand points, yer gonna see some panic.

"A relatively minor turbulence in a relentless climb"...CNN financial. It's a shame that the crazy angry borderline psychotic left actually fantasizes about a decline in the stock market during a republican administration.

Good point. The rest of us don't mind a good market during a bad presidency, not that we got one. We just use it to make more money. Liberals apparently never make any money no matter what is going on with politics or the market. No wonder they want redistribution of everyone else's money over to them.

We got just that, for a year, and I made good money, and I'm a Liberal. But I made that with money I had already invested, so it was already my money. I just put it to work. So I'm afraid this is where your theory takes a dive.

Forum List

Back