The Trump shutdown

Libs insisted that Trump would not do this. If he actually does it, anyone who supported border security but believed the libs that Trump would not do this, would have it proven that Trump WOULD DO it, because he HAS.

That should get him quite a few votes.

Assuming border security is a top issue for them. Otherwise this will not help. Shutdowns always hurt the economy as a whole, and if he actually shuts down the border (which I do not think he will) he will cost billions since no goods will be able to flow either way. The economy wins way more votes than a wall with nothing else being done about illegals.

The economy has been good, and it did not translate to more votes in the midterms.

The Left has demonstrated that propaganda is more powerful that good governance.

How long do you think the economy will do good if he closes the border?

Depends on a number of factors. If it is in the context of a strong economy and leads to a decline in the labor supply, i think ti would be very good for the "economy".
Our birth rate has been going down our immigration #s are also.... how are less workers good for our economy ? Educate me please

Supply and demand will cause wages to rise.

Some of you are talking about this little tantrum as if it is a legitimate grievance. Trump has no mandate to pursue this. None at all.

Controlling who and what enters a nation is the most basic aspect of good governance.

ONly some one who is an enemy of the people would oppose that.

Assuming border security is a top issue for them. Otherwise this will not help. Shutdowns always hurt the economy as a whole, and if he actually shuts down the border (which I do not think he will) he will cost billions since no goods will be able to flow either way. The economy wins way more votes than a wall with nothing else being done about illegals.

The economy has been good, and it did not translate to more votes in the midterms.

The Left has demonstrated that propaganda is more powerful that good governance.

Depends on a number of factors. If it is in the context of a strong economy and leads to a decline in the labor supply, i think ti would be very good for the "economy".
Our birth rate has been going down our immigration #s are also.... how are less workers good for our economy ? Educate me please

I'd love seeing wages grow want a strong America with markets strong and not sitting on a bed of feathers Business has NO confidence in trump doing whats good for our economy That worries me It should you too

I'd love seeing wages grow want a strong America with markets strong and not sitting on a bed of feathers Business has NO confidence in trump doing whats good for our economy That worries me It should you too

Supply and demand is not based on what business owner THINK, it is about the law of supply and demand forcing them to raise wages.

Your support of a labor market where employers have all the power and can force low wages on the workers is not good for this nation, or it's citizens.

Some of you are talking about this little tantrum as if it is a legitimate grievance. Trump has no mandate to pursue this. None at all.

Controlling who and what enters a nation is the most basic aspect of good governance.

The US does a pretty good job on that score. When was the last time you were invaded ?

The US does a pretty good job on that score. When was the last time you were invaded ?

It is ongoing right now, with over 30 million illegals here against our will.

You support, politically this invasion, and you are an enemy of the American People.

Supply and demand is not based on what business owner THINK, it is about the law of supply and demand forcing them to raise wages.

Your support of a labor market where employers have all the power and can force low wages on the workers is not good for this nation, or it's citizens.
I did say I want higher wages I'm sure you know which party doesn't

The dems with their support of Amnesty and an open border.

When Employers have an effectively unlimited supply of cheap labor, wages will never rise significantly.

Everything else is just noise.

When Employers have an effectively unlimited supply of cheap labor, wages will never rise significantly.

You evidently haven't read all the corporations saying they need more workers? And yes I know with supplies limited new hires can get more When does inflation become a problem ?

I wonder if this is a bridge too far ?
People didnt vote for this and yet he is trying to bully the politicians into paying for it.

It is just about the most shocking thing he has dont so far.
Well they did, trump won on border wall. Statistically you are incorrect
People voted for a wall that Mexico would pay for. He was very clear about that. I saw him on the tv saying it. Therefore I am correct.
He said it, no SCREAMED it at every freaking rally!
Obama did the same when he screamed at his rallies you would save $2500 a year on health insurance. Instead it went up. Was he lying?

mine did not go up...did yours?

Some will, but some will not. And chances are this sort of thing will not gain him a single vote.

Libs insisted that Trump would not do this. If he actually does it, anyone who supported border security but believed the libs that Trump would not do this, would have it proven that Trump WOULD DO it, because he HAS.

we have more jobs than people now, how is a decline labor going to be good?

You evidently haven't read all the corporations saying they need more workers? And yes I know with supplies limited new hires can get more When does inflation become a problem ?

You asked which PARTY wanted higher wages and which does not.

President Trump is the leader of the GOP and has set the GOP agenda of limiting the important of labor.

The dems are the ones that are united in their support of low wages.

That corporations want cheap labor, is nothing new. The only question is whom do you side with, the workers or the employers?

To force wages to rise.

Perhaps in jobs that require no skills or education this is a true statement.

Not so in any job that requires specialized training or education.

If you work at Wendy's it might be an issue, I have as yet to meet a single statistician that came here illegally.

People didnt vote for this and yet he is trying to bully the politicians into paying for it.

Its really up to Congress right now to pass a budget that the President will sign. Trump can't do that, the ball is in Chuck and Nancy's court.

Its really up to Congress right now to pass a budget that the President will sign. Trump can't do that, the ball is in Chuck and Nancy's court.

Or it can be twisted around and say it is now up to the President to sign the budget that was passed.

God forbid anyone on either side should actually negotiate.

To force wages to rise.

That only works with jobs that the illegals are taking when they come.

Perhaps in jobs that require no skills or education this is a true statement.

Not so in any job that requires specialized training or education.

If you work at Wendy's it might be an issue, I have as yet to meet a single statistician that came here illegally.

1. Illegals are not limited to such jobs. As you well know.

2. Legal immigration is also part of this issue and has also been reduced but needs reduced far more.

3. YOur lack of concern for the American working poor and middle class is noted, but not shared.

Forum List

Back