The Trump shutdown

The economy has been good, and it did not translate to more votes in the midterms.

The Left has demonstrated that propaganda is more powerful that good governance.

How long do you think the economy will do good if he closes the border?

Depends on a number of factors. If it is in the context of a strong economy and leads to a decline in the labor supply, i think ti would be very good for the "economy".

we have more jobs than people now, how is a decline labor going to be good?

To force wages to rise.

That only works with jobs that the illegals are taking when they come.

Nope. ripple effect. Illegals take over good paying jobs, such as landscaping or roofing, and the displaced American workers move to other fields, causing oversupply there too.

Depends on a number of factors. If it is in the context of a strong economy and leads to a decline in the labor supply, i think ti would be very good for the "economy".

To force wages to rise.

Nope. ripple effect. Illegals take over good paying jobs, such as landscaping or roofing, and the displaced American workers move to other fields, causing oversupply there too.

Then the most effective way to stop them is to go after the companies that are hiring them and paying them. As long as there are people willing to pay them, the will come, wall or no wall.

Go after companies so harshly that they go out of business. Massive fines for every illegal hired and for every day that they worked. Make it to expensive to hire them because of the consequences.

But nobody, including your Trump, do this.

When Employers have an effectively unlimited supply of cheap labor, wages will never rise significantly.

Perhaps in jobs that require no skills or education this is a true statement.

Not so in any job that requires specialized training or education.

If you work at Wendy's it might be an issue, I have as yet to meet a single statistician that came here illegally.

1. Illegals are not limited to such jobs. As you well know.

2. Legal immigration is also part of this issue and has also been reduced but needs reduced far more.

3. YOur lack of concern for the American working poor and middle class is noted, but not shared.

1. As I said, i have yet to met an illegal in my line of work. My wife is an RN, the same can be said for her line of work.

2. It has?

3. whatever.

I wonder if this is a bridge too far ?
People didnt vote for this and yet he is trying to bully the politicians into paying for it.

It is just about the most shocking thing he has dont so far.

Its really up to Congress right now to pass a budget that the President will sign. Trump can't do that, the ball is in Chuck and Nancy's court.
Trump is being unreasonable. He has no mandate.

People didnt vote for this and yet he is trying to bully the politicians into paying for it.

Its really up to Congress right now to pass a budget that the President will sign. Trump can't do that, the ball is in Chuck and Nancy's court.
Trump is being unreasonable. He has no mandate.

I don't think its unreasonable to insist on border security. However, if Chuck and Nancy really think he's unreasonable they can negotiate with the Republicans in Congress to get a deal where they can override the President's veto.

I'd love seeing wages grow want a strong America with markets strong and not sitting on a bed of feathers Business has NO confidence in trump doing whats good for our economy That worries me It should you too

Supply and demand is not based on what business owner THINK, it is about the law of supply and demand forcing them to raise wages.

Your support of a labor market where employers have all the power and can force low wages on the workers is not good for this nation, or it's citizens.
I did say I want higher wages I'm sure you know which party doesn't

The dems with their support of Amnesty and an open border.

When Employers have an effectively unlimited supply of cheap labor, wages will never rise significantly.

Everything else is just noise.
You evidently haven't read all the corporations saying they need more workers? And yes I know with supplies limited new hires can get more When does inflation become a problem ?

You asked which PARTY wanted higher wages and which does not.

President Trump is the leader of the GOP and has set the GOP agenda of limiting the important of labor.

The dems are the ones that are united in their support of low wages.

That corporations want cheap labor, is nothing new. The only question is whom do you side with, the workers or the employers?
Dems low wages????

Search Results
Web results
Federal minimum wage: House Democrats want to raise it to $15 an ...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/.../house-democrats-federal-minimum-wage

Nov 13, 2018 - House Democrats want to pressure Republicans to raise the federal minimum ... The law would also phase out the lower minimumwage for ...
Democrats, take note: If you want to raise wages, put pressure on ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../democrats...want...wages.../486b0620-c756-11e8-b...

Oct 4, 2018 - Democrats, take note: If you want to raise wages, put pressure on employers ... penalties on the company and other low-wage employers

Well they did, trump won on border wall. Statistically you are incorrect
People voted for a wall that Mexico would pay for. He was very clear about that. I saw him on the tv saying it. Therefore I am correct.
He said it, no SCREAMED it at every freaking rally!
Obama did the same when he screamed at his rallies you would save $2500 a year on health insurance. Instead it went up. Was he lying?

mine did not go up...did yours?
I guess your on medicare.

Well they did, trump won on border wall. Statistically you are incorrect
People voted for a wall that Mexico would pay for. He was very clear about that. I saw him on the tv saying it. Therefore I am correct.
Obama did the same when he screamed at his rallies you would save $2500 a year on health insurance. Instead it went up. Was he lying?

nope, not that old. I have the same insurance I had before ObamaCare, nothing changed. Same doctor, same insurance. Rates are up a little bit due the passage of time.

To force wages to rise.

Illegals take jobs legals would never take

nope, not that old. I have the same insurance I had before ObamaCare, nothing changed. Same doctor, same insurance. Rates are up a little bit due the passage of time.
Your lucky.

Your lucky.

I am pretty sure I am in the majority.

To force wages to rise.

Then the most effective way to stop them is to go after the companies that are hiring them and paying them. As long as there are people willing to pay them, the will come, wall or no wall.

Go after companies so harshly that they go out of business. Massive fines for every illegal hired and for every day that they worked. Make it to expensive to hire them because of the consequences.

The game of arguing back and forth over the best way to address the issue, in order to avoid any actual action, is over.

Pretending to believe that there is a better way to address the problem is not reason to be against the Wall.

Build the Wall. Deport all the illegals. Fuck the employers. Do it all, and do it yesterday.

Perhaps in jobs that require no skills or education this is a true statement.

Not so in any job that requires specialized training or education.

If you work at Wendy's it might be an issue, I have as yet to meet a single statistician that came here illegally.

1. Illegals are not limited to such jobs. As you well know.

2. Legal immigration is also part of this issue and has also been reduced but needs reduced far more.

3. YOur lack of concern for the American working poor and middle class is noted, but not shared.

1. As I said, i have yet to met an illegal in my line of work. My wife is an RN, the same can be said for her line of work.

2. It has?

3. whatever.

1. YOu sure? You ask all the immigrant nurse's about their immigration status? YOu trust they told the truth?

2. Yes.

Supply and demand is not based on what business owner THINK, it is about the law of supply and demand forcing them to raise wages.

Your support of a labor market where employers have all the power and can force low wages on the workers is not good for this nation, or it's citizens.
I did say I want higher wages I'm sure you know which party doesn't

The dems with their support of Amnesty and an open border.

Everything else is just noise.
You evidently haven't read all the corporations saying they need more workers? And yes I know with supplies limited new hires can get more When does inflation become a problem ?

You asked which PARTY wanted higher wages and which does not.

President Trump is the leader of the GOP and has set the GOP agenda of limiting the important of labor.

The dems are the ones that are united in their support of low wages.

That corporations want cheap labor, is nothing new. The only question is whom do you side with, the workers or the employers?
Dems low wages????

Search Results
Web results
Federal minimum wage: House Democrats want to raise it to $15 an ...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/.../house-democrats-federal-minimum-wage

Nov 13, 2018 - House Democrats want to pressure Republicans to raise the federal minimum ... The law would also phase out the lower minimumwage for ...
Democrats, take note: If you want to raise wages, put pressure on ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../democrats...want...wages.../486b0620-c756-11e8-b...

Oct 4, 2018 - Democrats, take note: If you want to raise wages, put pressure on employers ... penalties on the company and other low-wage employers

Yes, dems. YOu want better wages, give power to the workers, not to the employers.

To force wages to rise.

Illegals take jobs legals would never take

lol!! That's a load of crap.

I don't know where you live, but I've seen plenty of native born Americans doing all the jobs that supposedly Americans won't do.

Hell, I've personally done many of them, so you can shove your vile, divisive lies, back where you pulled them from.

To force wages to rise.

The game of arguing back and forth over the best way to address the issue, in order to avoid any actual action, is over.

Pretending to believe that there is a better way to address the problem is not reason to be against the Wall.

Build the Wall. Deport all the illegals. Fuck the employers. Do it all, and do it yesterday.
What a crock of shit

You're pretending that

The wall will get built

That it will do anything meaningful

If you want to address the problem you need to go after the employers HIRING the illegals.

But when the President hires them and aids them in getting fake docs...that's never going to happen

To force wages to rise.

What a crock of shit

You're pretending that

The wall will get built

If you want to address the problem you need to go after the employers HIRING the illegals.

But when the President hires them and aids them in getting fake docs...that's never going to happen

I want the wall to be build and was discussing with others what I thought will happen if it is.

Your pretense that I was doing something else, is just you being a fucktard.

This:

Screen-Shot-2018-12-30-at-18.17.18-600x185.png

What a crock of shit

You're pretending that

The wall will get built

Aw bullshit. How much would it cost to send ICE agents to every Home Depot and corner in the country where illegals seek employment.

A lot more than $5 Billion for sure.

Its a lot easier to hermetically seal the borders.

Forum List

Back