🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The truth about gun violence.

I didn't go over all the replies since I was here last. But I did see several about assault weapons. How is this relevant to the discussion? I made the claim that the availability of guns has no relationship to the number of gun murders. I backed this up with hard data. Assault weapons are a non issue. More people are killed by blunt objects than "assault weapons". Should we now ban baseball bats? Get a clue, people.

When was the last baseball bat mass killing? 49 dead in one shooting is significant.

Sure focus on singular events rather than overall numbers
Mass killings account for less than 1% of murders banning so called assault weapons will have no appreciable effect on the murder rate nor will it stop mass killings

It will save lives. No reason to legally arm terrorists with weapons for mass killing.
You can't prove that

If the wacko in orlando couldn't get a gun he would have found some other way to kill a shit load of people

Some illegal means no doubt.

The real truth is that ALL our streets are polluted wh illegal guns that change hands in gun but states where no one pays attention .

I didn't go over all the replies since I was here last. But I did see several about assault weapons. How is this relevant to the discussion? I made the claim that the availability of guns has no relationship to the number of gun murders. I backed this up with hard data. Assault weapons are a non issue. More people are killed by blunt objects than "assault weapons". Should we now ban baseball bats? Get a clue, people.

When was the last baseball bat mass killing? 49 dead in one shooting is significant.
And yet blunt objects kill more people than assault rifles. When are you nuts going to lobby Congress for a ban on baseball bats?

It is not significant, in the overall scheme of things. Also, if a couple of those victims had been armed, fewer people would have died. There is no law that you can pass that will prevent someone from killing. It ain't gonna happen. The only way to prevent mass shootings is to give law abiding citizens the means to defend themselves and get rid rid of gun free zones. BTW. When was the last mass shooting that happened someplace other than a gun free zone?

The real truth is that ALL our streets are polluted wh illegal guns that change hands in gun but states where no one pays attention .
The buying of firearms should be 100% tax deductible...

And the conclusion of actual research.......

Conclusions In light of the foregoing information, it is unlikely that the larger number of rounds fired in the average LCM-linked mass shooting found by Koper (2004) was in any sense caused by the use of LCMs. In all but one of such cases in the period from 1994 through 2013, there was nothing impossible or even difficult about the shooter firing equally large numbers of rounds even if he had not possessed any LCMs, since the same number of rounds could easily have been fired with smaller detachable magazines of the sort that would remain legally available under LCM bans.

Instead, the larger number of rounds fired by LCM-using shooters is more likely to reflect the more lethal intentions prevailing among such shooters, just as their planned use of multiple guns and multiple magazines are outward indications of a desire to shoot many people.
Must have not studied the giffords shooting. But hey if they don't slow shooters you have no reason to be against a ban.

Asswipe they specifically mention the Gifford's shooting and you know that ....and you have seen the actual account of Zamudio and the woman....and you pretend you haven't ...making you a troll and a liar.....

The buying of firearms should be 100% tax deductible...

yes....and all training should be free as should any stupid attempt to license gun owners ....other wise it is a violation of the 14th Amendment...

Yes...troll

Nope...you are wrong...each year bats kill more people than rifles do...each and every year....

For 2014 included......

All rifles: 248 (2013....285 (that means AR-15s kill even fewer than that))

Knives: 1,567 ( 2013....1,490)

Hands and feet: 660 ( 2013 .......687 )

Blunt objects: 435 ( 2013....428)

Blunt objects are more deadly than rifles.......they kill more people each year than all rifles combined..which means the AR-15 doesn't even register in the count because they kill so few....

Yes...troll

Nope...you are wrong...each year bats kill more people than rifles do...each and every year....

For 2014 included......

Blunt objects are more deadly than rifles.......they kill more people each year than all rifles combined..which means the AR-15 doesn't even register in the count because they kill so few....
An AR-15 is one of the few weapons that would give us a fighting chance against our own government. Maybe that's why they are so intent on banning them?

An AR-15 is one of the few weapons that would give us a fighting chance against our own government. Maybe that's why they are so intent on banning them?
AR's jam a lot and the jams are hard to clear.

You would be better off with an AK-47 clone. CZ makes a really good one.

AR's jam a lot and the jams are hard to clear.

You would be better off with an AK-47 clone. CZ makes a really good one.
Actually, I would prefer a Kriss.

Yes...troll

For 2014 included......

that's part of it, the other part citizens slaying fellow citizens once the grocery stores empty out.

the tide will turn when an evil shooter gets picked off (immediately) by a citizen sharpshooter...
that will happen soon, i hope. no one wants another instance, but i think we all are pretty sure it will happen.

orlando could have been much different, sandy hook, san bernardino, they all could have had a quicker better outcome, time to smartin up and carry. there are way more good people than bad in this country.

Last edited:
You gun nuts are crazy . You would be one with guns being available out of vending machines wouldnt you ?

Sure focus on singular events rather than overall numbers
Mass killings account for less than 1% of murders banning so called assault weapons will have no appreciable effect on the murder rate nor will it stop mass killings

It will save lives. No reason to legally arm terrorists with weapons for mass killing.
You can't prove that

If the wacko in orlando couldn't get a gun he would have found some other way to kill a shit load of people

Some illegal means no doubt.
So how does telling law abiding people they can't have an AR 15 or a 30 round magazine going to save lives?

You gun nuts are crazy . You would be one with guns being available out of vending machines wouldnt you ?
No but I see no reason to tell law abiding people they can't have a semiauto rifle with a 30 round mag

To get my pistol permit I had to take a class, get range qualified, get fingerprinted, go through multiple background checks and pay hundreds of dollars

So why can't I have a 9 mm with a 15 round mag in my state?

give me one good reason and telling me I might decide to go on a shooting spree isn't a good reason

You go get em tiger. Kick you some government ass.

In case you missed it. The AR 15 is not some powerful weapon of war. Hell, it's not even fully automatic..Gun nutters on here say the AR is nothing more than a dressed up .22. And it is better for shooting rabbits or targets than people.

It's really kind of a pussy weapon. That's why all the gun nutters want one.

won't need to because we have the second amendment. it's an American culture you will never understand. maybe vending machines for the ammo though. :wink:

You go get em tiger. Kick you some government ass.

In case you missed it. The AR 15 is not some powerful weapon of war. Hell, it's not even fully automatic..Gun nutters on here say the AR is nothing more than a dressed up .22. And it is better for shooting rabbits or targets than people.

It's really kind of a pussy weapon. That's why all the gun nutters want one.
what would be a non pussy weapon, like a gatling gun ?? you know how hard it is to wheel those things around ??
300px-Colt1883Gatling.jpg
in every mass shooting there have been these tremendous heros and heroic acts. i'd like to see those heros packing a heater to level the combat zone. which are always changing. there is still a distinction between vigilante and and administration of justice.

Last edited:
You can't prove that

Hey, you can't PROVE what you say there now can you?
because that's what terrorists do

all you have to do is look at any terrorist attack in Europe or any other country for that matter

France guns and suicide bombs
the Airport in Turkey Guns and bombs

The IRA bombs

The weapon of choice for terrorists is the IED

If you think telling me I can't have a semiauto rifle with a 30 round mag is going to stop anyone hell bent on mass murder you are even dumber than I thought and that's saying something

Forum List

Back