🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The truth about gun violence.

The simple truth is that guns are not responsible. How do I know this? Let's look at the statistics.

Gun violence in the United States by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This list has the numbers for total population, population density, number of murders per 100,000, number of GUN murders per 100,000, as well as the percentage of population that owns a firearm.

First, we'll take a look at DC. It has a gun ownership percentage of 3.6 percent. Murders and gun murders are 21.8 and 16.5 per 100K.

As you can see, it has the lowest number of guns and the highest number of gun murders.

Next, we have Hawaii. 6.7 percent. 1.8, .5 Almost twice the number of guns, and almost no gun murders.

Both have very few guns, yet their gun murder rates aren't even in the same ballpark.

Looking at some other states with high gun ownership, we also see states with high and low gun murder rates. Once again, we have similar gun ownership percentages, yet the number of gun murders aren't even close.

So what does this tell us? The number of guns available to the public have no relation to the number of gun murders. Something else is to blame. Not the guns.

Haven't we been through this before?

Guns exacerbate bad situations.

The fact......as more Americans own and actually carry guns....our gun murder rate has gone down. that is a fact...and it destroys the entire basis of the anti-gun movement....
There is a simple way to drastically cut down on gun violence. Mandatory life sentence for any crime committed with a firearm. If anyone is wounded or killed with that gun, it's an automatic death sentence. I guarantee you, the numbers would drop dramatically, if for no other reason than we are getting rid of those who are willing to kill others.

But it doesn't work, does it? I mean, people still play with guns and kill with guns even when the death penalty is in question.

State Execution Rates | Death Penalty Information Center

Death penatly per capita

1) Oklahoma
2) Texas
3) Delaware
4) Virginia
5) Missouri
6) Alabama
7) South Carolina
8) Arkansas
9) Mississippi
10) Louisiana

This is cumulative from 1975 to now.

The highest state for violent crime is Alaska,. Nevada, Tennessee, New Mexico, Florida, Louisiana, South Carolina, Delaware, Arkansas and Maryland.

So Louisiana is in both so is South Carolina, Delaware and Arkansas. So 4 are in the top 10 for both.

Top murder states, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri, Maryland, Michigan, South Carolina, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada

This year you've had Florida, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Missouri.

Two of those are in the top ten for murders.

Missouri, Alabama, South Carolina and Mississippi are again in the top 10 for both. How does that work if their death penalty making is supposed to stop murder?

States with no death penalties since 1977 are

executionsbystate.jpg

North Dakota, murder rate 2.2
Minnesota MR 2.1
Iowa MR 1.4
Wisconsin 2.8
Michigan 6.4
West Virginia 3.4
New York 3.3
Vermont 1.6
Maine 1.8
Rhode Island 2.9
New Jersey 4.5
Massachusetts 2.0

Only 2 states above 3.5, one above 5 and Michigan with Detroit.

I didn't go over all the replies since I was here last. But I did see several about assault weapons. How is this relevant to the discussion? I made the claim that the availability of guns has no relationship to the number of gun murders. I backed this up with hard data. Assault weapons are a non issue. More people are killed by blunt objects than "assault weapons". Should we now ban baseball bats? Get a clue, people.

When was the last baseball bat mass killing? 49 dead in one shooting is significant.

Yes...troll
I didn't go over all the replies since I was here last. But I did see several about assault weapons. How is this relevant to the discussion? I made the claim that the availability of guns has no relationship to the number of gun murders. I backed this up with hard data. Assault weapons are a non issue. More people are killed by blunt objects than "assault weapons". Should we now ban baseball bats? Get a clue, people.

When was the last baseball bat mass killing? 49 dead in one shooting is significant.

Nope...you are wrong...each year bats kill more people than rifles do...each and every year....

For 2014 included......

All rifles: 248 (2013....285 (that means AR-15s kill even fewer than that))

Knives: 1,567 ( 2013....1,490)

Hands and feet: 660 ( 2013 .......687 )

Blunt objects: 435 ( 2013....428)

Blunt objects are more deadly than rifles.......they kill more people each year than all rifles combined..which means the AR-15 doesn't even register in the count because they kill so few....

And guns with high capacity magazines are the most dangerous.

When was the last mass killing with a blunt object btw?

The simple truth is that guns are not responsible. How do I know this? Let's look at the statistics.

This list has the numbers for total population, population density, number of murders per 100,000, number of GUN murders per 100,000, as well as the percentage of population that owns a firearm.

First, we'll take a look at DC. It has a gun ownership percentage of 3.6 percent. Murders and gun murders are 21.8 and 16.5 per 100K.

As you can see, it has the lowest number of guns and the highest number of gun murders.

Next, we have Hawaii. 6.7 percent. 1.8, .5 Almost twice the number of guns, and almost no gun murders.

Both have very few guns, yet their gun murder rates aren't even in the same ballpark.

Looking at some other states with high gun ownership, we also see states with high and low gun murder rates. Once again, we have similar gun ownership percentages, yet the number of gun murders aren't even close.

So what does this tell us? The number of guns available to the public have no relation to the number of gun murders. Something else is to blame. Not the guns.

Criminals do, guns have nothing to do with criminal behavior. Dip shit

And cigarettes don't cause lung cancer. And speeding doesn't cause auto accidents. It's people who cause cancer and car crashes.

Or, again, smoking can exacerbate a situation and speeding can exacerbate a situation.

We should NOT limit Iran from getting a nuke because weapons don't kill people, people kill people.

THIS is fucking insane.

Of course we want to do everything possible to limit evil people from killing us. One such limit is to take measures to disarm them.

Which is the ONLY country to have proven to the world that it will drop atomic weapons on civilians' heads? The USA, the biggest threat to global security in the world.

Yes...troll

Nope...you are wrong...each year bats kill more people than rifles do...each and every year....

For 2014 included......

Blunt objects are more deadly than rifles.......they kill more people each year than all rifles combined..which means the AR-15 doesn't even register in the count because they kill so few....

A Magazine can't kill anybody… Shit for brains
Lol

Yes...troll

For 2014 included......

Guns are no more dangerous than the people wielding them

Mass killings account for less than one percent of murders so by focusing so much on less than one percent you are ignoring the real problem of violence in this country

Yes...troll

For 2014 included......

Mass killings account for less than one percent of murders so by focusing so much on less than one percent you are ignoring the real problem of violence in this country

Half true. However many people who are trying to ignore mass shootings, are trying to ignore the violence.

The real problem of violence in this country is there are not enough guns. Right?

Yes...troll

For 2014 included......

Half true. However many people who are trying to ignore mass shootings, are trying to ignore the violence.

how many is many?

Most people here who aren't fixated on only mass shootings talk about the overall murder rate quite a lot

Yes...troll

For 2014 included......

how many is many?

Most people here who aren't fixated on only mass shootings talk about the overall murder rate quite a lot

I didn't say anything that would require a "how many" How many what? Potatoes?

Yes...troll

For 2014 included......

how many is many?

I addressed a single person you brought in the subjective term of many not me

how many is many?

I addressed a single person you brought in the subjective term of many not me

You addressed a single person? Who?

What is the "subjective term"? I know the subjunctive, I know present perfect, but subjective term... that escapes me, maybe you should how it works.

Yes...troll

For 2014 included......

It doesn't matter troll.......what matters is the actual death rate, not the interval between.......

Blunt objects murdered 435 people and kill just about that many people every year....

As you can see, the death rate of all rifles actually fell......and was only 248 in 2014....and that is all rifles.....AR-15s killed far fewer......

the interval between deaths is not as important as the total kill rate...and blunt objects, knives and bare hands murder more people each and every year than all rifles combined.......

And the way to reduce those deaths...get rid of gun free killing zones........Orlando....49 dead, the South Carolina night club shooting, 3 wounded, gunman stopped by concealed carrier....

The real problem of violence in this country is there are not enough guns. Right?

Wrong...the problem with violence in this country is single, teenage mothers raising generations of young males who are not taught how to be civilized, adult men....who murder over insults on facebook and over crap games at parties........solve the teenage out of wedlock birth crisis and you reduce violence almost over night.........

We should NOT limit Iran from getting a nuke because weapons don't kill people, people kill people.

THIS is fucking insane.

Of course we want to do everything possible to limit evil people from killing us. One such limit is to take measures to disarm them.

Which is the ONLY country to have proven to the world that it will drop atomic weapons on civilians' heads? The USA, the biggest threat to global security in the world.

No.....moron....the U.S. used those weapons to end a war started by one of the country murdering civilians at about 3 million innocent people.......and we ended the war and saved more lives by doing it.......

The difference between a cop and a gang banger shooting people.....twit.

You gun nuts are crazy . You would be one with guns being available out of vending machines wouldnt you ?

No...if you nuts could get abortions out of a vending machine you would do that...and abortions murder more people than guns....

The fact......as more Americans own and actually carry guns....our gun murder rate has gone down. that is a fact...and it destroys the entire basis of the anti-gun movement....
There is a simple way to drastically cut down on gun violence. Mandatory life sentence for any crime committed with a firearm. If anyone is wounded or killed with that gun, it's an automatic death sentence. I guarantee you, the numbers would drop dramatically, if for no other reason than we are getting rid of those who are willing to kill others.

But it doesn't work, does it? I mean, people still play with guns and kill with guns even when the death penalty is in question.

State Execution Rates | Death Penalty Information Center

Death penatly per capita

1) Oklahoma
2) Texas
3) Delaware
4) Virginia
5) Missouri
6) Alabama
7) South Carolina
8) Arkansas
9) Mississippi
10) Louisiana

This is cumulative from 1975 to now.

The highest state for violent crime is Alaska,. Nevada, Tennessee, New Mexico, Florida, Louisiana, South Carolina, Delaware, Arkansas and Maryland.

So Louisiana is in both so is South Carolina, Delaware and Arkansas. So 4 are in the top 10 for both.

Top murder states, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri, Maryland, Michigan, South Carolina, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada

This year you've had Florida, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Missouri.

Two of those are in the top ten for murders.

Missouri, Alabama, South Carolina and Mississippi are again in the top 10 for both. How does that work if their death penalty making is supposed to stop murder?

States with no death penalties since 1977 are

executionsbystate.jpg

North Dakota, murder rate 2.2
Minnesota MR 2.1
Iowa MR 1.4
Wisconsin 2.8
Michigan 6.4
West Virginia 3.4
New York 3.3
Vermont 1.6
Maine 1.8
Rhode Island 2.9
New Jersey 4.5
Massachusetts 2.0

Only 2 states above 3.5, one above 5 and Michigan with Detroit.

Actually, you are wrong......if you allow civilians to carry legal guns into gun free zones, when a mass shooting happens the immediate application of the death penalty will save lives......

And to address your point with that image.....when you execute a murderer, they will never kill a guard, escape and kill an innocent citizen or kill another member of the staff or another prisoner......so the death penalty does save lives, you just don't count them because the victims are still breathing....

Forum List

Back