The U.S. Is Pumping Oil Faster Than Ever

Ok, so, why is it we are using outdated technology? Why wouldn’t we be using the best equipment for the job?

Because most wells produce less than 50 barrels a day. They can't afford gas injection, fracking or pipelines for every small well.

The pipeline could facilitate more refineries and jobs and maintenance jobs.

I'm sure you're not much on abstract thinking such as that. :rolleyes-41:
the pipelines could come to my house and sell me natural gas, saving me the expense of fuel oil, competing with fuel oil, lowering the cost

Natural Gas could run every government vehicle, thus lowering demand for gasoline and diesel, lowering costs.

the pipelines could come to my house and sell me natural gas, saving me the expense of fuel oil, competing with fuel oil, lowering the cost

Natural Gas could run every government vehicle, thus lowering demand for gasoline and diesel, lowering costs.
That is exactly the opposite of what the shitheads want.

The hole is in the pocket of the American consumer and it has been placed there by a greedy and dishonest federal government. Record oil production here could easily be translated into lower gas prices for The US....but instead it is allowed to be commoditized for Maximum profit shared by oil company
So how much of the US Oil Patch do you suggest Big Brother nationalizes? From leasing to the gas pump?

Drill, baby, drill!

The U.S. is pumping oil faster than ever. Republicans don’t care.

The GOP narrative has a major hole: U.S. oil production — already the highest in the world — is on track to set a new record this year, and will probably rise even more in 2024. But the ever-increasing flow of U.S. crude has failed to keep a lid on gasoline prices, showing once again that a global market drives the fuel prices that shape presidents’ political futures.

And that means events far beyond the nation’s borders will play a sizable role in voters’ verdict on “Bidenomics” — as global oil prices rise and fall in response to banking conditions in Europe, China’s slumping real estate market, Vladimir Putin’s war in Ukraine and the latest maneuvers by Saudi Arabia.

[snip]

U.S. oil production is forecast to average an all-time high of 12.8 million barrels a day this year and keep growing to 13.1 million in 2024, the federal Energy Information Administration said in its latest forecast.

This reality has not stopped dishonest Republicans from lying:

In one campaign ad, former Vice President Mike Pence pretends to fill his pickup truck and blames Biden’s energy policy for “causing real hardship” for Americans, while ex-South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has vowed to bring oil production back to the United States.

And Sen. Tim Scott (R.-S.C.) railed last month on the Biden administration, which he asserted “has shut down energy production in America.”

“Why won’t this President tap into our abundant energy resources here at home and bring down prices at the pump?” he asked.

In fact, though, oil production from federal lands and waters has risen on Biden’s watch, reaching past 3 million barrels per day last year. The high mark during President Donald Trump’s term was 2.75 million barrels a day.
Biden wanted the credit, now he gets the blame, that's how it works, always has. What is crazy is last term Trump took credit and it pissed the left off and when Covid hit and the world economy shut down, the left blamed Trump.

Now, it's the opposite is true.

So how much of the US Oil Patch do you suggest Big Brother nationalizes? From leasing to the gas pump?
I hear you....there is no easy answer...and no I really don't want to see that happen because nobody is a bigger thief than the government. Oil companies have obligations to their stockbolders also. It's too bad we couldn't come up with some kind of a domestic deal....alas it seems unlikely.

The pipeline could facilitate more refineries and jobs and maintenance jobs.

I'm sure you're not much on abstract thinking such as that. :rolleyes-41:
The Keystone pipeline has spurs that runs directly into Texas at Port Author and Houston. WTC is sent by pipeline to the east coast. The refineries are running a near capacity now. The new extension was not needed by the US and most all of it would be exported. But I think it's construction should have been used as a bargaining chip.

I hear you....there is no easy answer...and no I really don't want to see that happen because nobody is a bigger thief than the government. Oil companies have obligations to their stockbolders also. It's too bad we couldn't come up with some kind of a domestic deal....alas it seems unlikely.
It's a huge industry and it runs the world. We are in the petroleum age. Most all the big oil companies are multi-national corporations who have little loyalty to US citizens, only to their pocketbook.

The Keystone pipeline has spurs that runs directly into Texas at Port Author and Houston. WTC is sent by pipeline to the east coast. The refineries are running a near capacity now. The new extension was not needed by the US and most all of it would be exported. But I think it's construction should have been used as a bargaining chip.
More refineries=more jobs, more and cheaper fuel. :itsok:

You forget...Warren Buffet owns the rail service that has a lock on that transport...

It's a huge industry and it runs the world. We are in the petroleum age. Most all the big oil companies are multi-national corporations who have little loyalty to US citizens, only to their pocketbook.
Bingo

You forget...Warren Buffet owns the rail service that has a lock on that transport...
You forget that the whole rail service augment went tits up after it was used to justify the original pipeline. They didn't stop the railroads from shipping more oil to the states. They keep right on using the rails too. No reason to think they would stop this time either. But for record again I was pro pipeline and it could have be a good bargaining chip.

We have no economies of scale and most US wells produce less than 50 barrels a day. Crude oil has to be pumped. Notice we still use rocker pumps instead of Christmas trees and crude has to be handled multiple times between the well head and refinery.
img_1313-whats-your-point-nana-meme-S.jpg

The point is that we are pumping and refining oil at enormous rates

Biden has issued thousands of oil leases for Federal lands.

HE...is not why the price of gas is up.

The Saudis have cut back production and Putin is selling his oil only to China.

THAT is why the price is high

Forum List

Back