The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

halle_berry_bikini_shot.jpg

:eusa_drool:

Besides, sky, your human rights do come from God whether you accept it or not. It's another one of those things where you can opine all you want, but there's still a correct, and a wrong.

That has nothing to do with the founding of this country.

This country was founded on Christian principles, first and foremost, that all men are created equal and certain rights come from God.

You can say it all you like, and I'm sure it makes you feel better, but there is no proof that the US was founded on Christian principles. The evidence is not in the legal documents in which we found our government.

Besides, sky, your human rights do come from God whether you accept it or not. It's another one of those things where you can opine all you want, but there's still a correct, and a wrong.

That is an arrogant statement and disrespectful of atheists and those of us who practice in non-theist religions. That's ok. I don't expect you to respect my faith. The constitution, a secular document protects me. We are NOT a Christian nation, thank God.

Last edited:

That is one of the most arrogant statements I've ever heard and very disrespectful of atheists and those of us who practice in non-theist religions. That's ok. I don't expect you to respect my faith. The constitution, a secular document protects me.

Actually, Christians protect you. And Christians developed this country to protect you based upon Christian tenets.

You have a character flaw and that is that you cannot discern between opinion and fact, Sky. I imagine it causes you problems in life. If I am arrogant because I believe your rights come from God, you are equally arrogant and disrespectful to continue insisting that the US is not a Christian nation and was not built upon Christian values and tenets.

It was. The evidence is there, you are ignoring it. The ultimate in arrogance. Your own narrow mindedness is trumping the truth, and that's sad.

That is one of the most arrogant statements I've ever heard and very disrespectful of atheists and those of us who practice in non-theist religions. That's ok. I don't expect you to respect my faith. The constitution, a secular document protects me.

Actually, Christians protect you. And Christians developed this country to protect you based upon Christian tenets.

You have a character flaw and that is that you cannot discern between opinion and fact, Sky. I imagine it causes you problems in life. If I am arrogant because I believe your rights come from God, you are equally arrogant and disrespectful to continue insisting that the US is not a Christian nation and was not built upon Christian values and tenets.

It was. The evidence is there, you are ignoring it. The ultimate in arrogance. Your own narrow mindedness is trumping the truth, and that's sad.

I was just about to write you and tell you I think you mean no harm. I suppose you're right. My assertion that the nation is founded on a secular Constitution seems disrepectful to you as a Christian.

I'm sorry but I don't feel particularly 'protected' by Christians. I feel protected by the Constitution, a secular document.

You know I don't believe in God, so you telling me my rights come from a supernatural source seems disrespectful to me.

I think you have a good heart, and I consider you a friend.

We just will have to agree to disagree.

I'm happy you don't want the US to be a Christian theocracy. For me, having you insist that your God beliefs trump mine is a slippery slope in that direction.

Later.

Last edited:

I was just about to write you and tell you I think you mean no harm. I suppose you're right. My assertion that the nation is founded on a secular Constitution seems disrepectful to you as a Christian.

I'm sorry but I don't feel particularly 'protected' by Christians. I feel protected by the Constitution, a secular document.

You know I don't believe in God, so you telling me my rights come from a supernatural source seems disrespectful to me.

I'm happy you don't want the US to be a Christian theocracy. For me, having you insist that your beliefs trump mine is a slippery slope in that direction.

Later.

I think we've made progress here!

I'm happy you don't want the US to be a Christian theocracy. For me, having you insist that your God beliefs trump mine is a slippery slope in that direction.

Later.

God is clearly able to take care of God without any human's help.

No, this is not a Christian nation, but a nation generally of Christians.

Later.

God is clearly able to take care of God without any human's help.

No, this is not a Christian nation, but a nation generally of Christians.

Thank you. Christianity is the predominant religion in America, however our government is secular.

Christianity is ~51% of America, given a very liberal application of the term

Then there are many Universal Roman Pederasts (~25% of Americans and the vast majority of Mexicans, Peurto Ricans and other idiots who take 'pride' in speaking the slavemasters' tongue over that of the free nation to which they come crawling) and some Smithians.

source

Christianity is ~51% of America, given a very liberal application of the term

Then there are many Universal Roman Pederasts (~25% of Americans and the vast majority of Mexicans, Peurto Ricans and other idiots who take 'pride' in speaking the slavemasters' tongue over that of the free nation to which they come crawling) and some Smithians.

source

What on earth are you talking about?

Forum List

Back