The UCLA shooting shows how silly opponents of campus carry are....

D.C. Snipers....D.C. is gun free zone....Fort Hood....he chose an area of the Fort where he knew there would be no armed soldiers or civilians.....since Forts are gun free zones....the San Bernadino shooters....it was a public building....gun free zone....Draw Mohammed...another gun free zone..too bad for them there were cops outside....

why do you keep babblinb the same irrelevent points. The only people you gun nuts scare are your nearest and dearest. Which is understandable, a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill someone in the home than a bad guy.

You know that number is a lie....you have been shown why it is a lie, why the guy who originally claimed it had to change it...and yet you keep posting it......are you stupid, dishonest or both....I'll go with both....

Yes, because weenie-wagging was the only part of my question you came close to answering. Your defense of Bubba is notable. Just like Hillary and the DNC, you are quick to throw every woman who accused him under the bus for political reasons. That's depressing.

Every woman who has accused him totals exactly three people. All of whom were proven liars. Charles Ray (the guy who had to clean up Ken Starr's mess) called Kathleen Wiley a liar in his final report. Juanita Brodderick had no credibility at all - she couldn't keep her story straight. And Paula Jones... didn't she appear on the cover of Penthouse?

These by you are credible witnesses?

Nope...3 who accuse him of rape......about 18 others accuse him of sexual assault.....Brodderick gave testimony to the FBI which if she lied would be a felony.......she didn't lie...

Thank you for summing up your entire intellectual argument in three words. Seriously, thank you. It proves everything I think about you.

whatever, guy, trying to minimize how deadly AR-15's are, after they've been used to kill dozens of people.
Seriously, fuck off.

3,750,000 million guns in private hands....one or two a year is used for illegal purposes...and you think that taking them from the 356,999,998 who didn't use them illegally makes sense....how often did you parents drop you on your head.....

You know that number is a lie....you have been shown why it is a lie, why the guy who originally claimed it had to change it...and yet you keep posting it......are you stupid, dishonest or both....I'll go with both....

Kellerman did nothing of the sourt, and you are sounding like a creationist who claims Darwin begged god for forgiveness.

3,750,000 million guns in private hands....one or two a year is used for illegal purposes...and you think that taking them from the 356,999,998 who didn't use them illegally makes sense....how often did you parents drop you on your head.....

jesus Christ, you did it again. Do you not know how to write number for prose?

Simply put, you don't need a gun, and just because you havn't shot anyone yet isn't a good enough reason to let you have one. .

you fucknuts turned our streets into war zones, , and now you want us to give you a pass. Don't think so.

Nope...3 who accuse him of rape......about 18 others accuse him of sexual assault.....Brodderick gave testimony to the FBI which if she lied would be a felony.......she didn't lie...

She also swore out an affadavit where she said she never had sex with clinton. That would be a felony as well.

One of those statements is a lie. But the very fact that she has told two different stories would put an end to any serious law enforcement group taking her seriously.

Kellerman did nothing of the sourt, and you are sounding like a creationist who claims Darwin begged god for forgiveness.

And on kellerman...

Public Health and Gun Control: A Review

Since at least the mid-1980s, Dr. Kellermann (and associates), whose work had been heavily-funded by the CDC, published a series of studies purporting to show that persons who keep guns in the home are more likely to be victims of homicide than those who don¹t.

In a 1986 NEJM paper, Dr. Kellermann and associates, for example, claimed their "scientific research" proved that defending oneself or one¹s family with a firearm in the home is dangerous and counter productive, claiming "a gun owner is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than an intruder."8

In a critical review and now classic article published in the March 1994 issue of the Journal of the Medical Association of Georgia (JMAG), Dr. Edgar Suter, Chairman of Doctors for Integrity in Policy Research (DIPR), found evidence of "methodologic and conceptual errors," such as prejudicially truncated data and the listing of "the correct methodology which was described but never used by the authors."5

Moreover, the gun control researchers failed to consider and underestimated the protective benefits of guns.

Dr. Suter writes: "The true measure of the protective benefits of guns are the lives and medical costs saved, the injuries prevented, and the property protected ‹ not the burglar or rapist body count.

Since only 0.1 - 0.2 percent of defensive uses of guns involve the death of the criminal, any study, such as this, that counts criminal deaths as the only measure of the protective benefits of guns will expectedly underestimate the benefits of firearms by a factor of 500 to 1,000."5

In 1993, in his landmark and much cited NEJM article (and the research, again, heavily funded by the CDC), Dr. Kellermann attempted to show again that guns in the home are a greater risk to the victims than to the assailants.4 Despite valid criticisms by reputable scholars of his previous works (including the 1986 study), Dr. Kellermann ignored the criticisms and again used the same methodology.

He also used study populations with disproportionately high rates of serious psychosocial dysfunction from three selected state counties, known to be unrepresentative of the general U.S. population.

For example,

53 percent of the case subjects had a history of a household member being arrested,

31 percent had a household history of illicit drug use, 32 percent had a household member hit or hurt in a family fight, and

17 percent had a family member hurt so seriously in a domestic altercation that prompt medical attention was required.
Moreover, both the case studies and control groups in this analysis had a very high incidence of financial instability.

In fact, in this study, gun ownership, the supposedly high risk factor for homicide was not one of the most strongly associated factors for being murdered.

Drinking, illicit drugs, living alone, history of family violence, living in a rented home were all greater individual risk factors for being murdered than a gun in the home. One must conclude there is no basis to apply the conclusions of this study to the general population.

All of these are factors that, as Dr. Suter pointed out, "would expectedly be associated with higher rates of violence and homicide."5

It goes without saying, the results of such a study on gun homicides, selecting this sort of unrepresentative population sample, nullify the authors' generalizations, and their preordained, conclusions can not be extrapolated to the general population.

Moreover, although the 1993 New England Journal of Medicine study purported to show that the homicide victims were killed with a gun ordinarily kept in the home, the fact is that as Kates and associates point out 71.1 percent of the victims were killed by assailants who did not live in the victims¹ household using guns presumably not kept in that home.6
---------

Yeah...he did....

Nine Myths Of Gun Control

Myth #6 "A homeowner is 43 times as likely to be killed or kill a family member as an intruder"

To suggest that science has proven that defending oneself or one's family with a gun is dangerous, gun prohibitionists repeat Dr. Kellermann's long discredited claim: "a gun owner is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than an intruder." [17] This fallacy , fabricated using tax dollars, is one of the most misused slogans of the anti-self-defense lobby.

The honest measure of the protective benefits of guns are the lives saved, the injuries prevented, the medical costs saved, and the property protected not Kellermann's burglar or rapist body count.

Only 0.1% (1 in a thousand) of the defensive uses of guns results in the death of the predator. [3]

Any study, such as Kellermann' "43 times" fallacy, that only counts bodies will expectedly underestimate the benefits of gun a thousand fold.

Think for a minute. Would anyone suggest that the only measure of the benefit of law enforcement is the number of people killed by police? Of course not. The honest measure of the benefits of guns are the lives saved, the injuries prevented, the medical costs saved by deaths and injuries averted, and the property protected. 65 lives protected by guns for every life lost to a gun. [2]

Kellermann recently downgraded his estimate to "2.7 times," [18] but he persisted in discredited methodology. He used a method that cannot distinguish between "cause" and "effect." His method would be like finding more diet drinks in the refrigerators of fat people and then concluding that diet drinks "cause" obesity.

Also, he studied groups with high rates of violent criminality, alcoholism, drug addiction, abject poverty, and domestic abuse .

From such a poor and violent study group he attempted to generalize his findings to normal homes

Interestingly, when Dr. Kellermann was interviewed he stated that, if his wife were attacked, he would want her to have a gun for protection.[19] Apparently, Dr. Kellermann doesn't even believe his own studies.

And here you go....his updated study with the number.....

MMS: Error

After controlling for these characteristics, we found that keeping a gun in the home was strongly and independently associated with an increased risk of homicide (adjusted odds ratio, 2.7;

D.C. Snipers....D.C. is gun free zone....Fort Hood....he chose an area of the Fort where he knew there would be no armed soldiers or civilians.....since Forts are gun free zones....the San Bernadino shooters....it was a public building....gun free zone....Draw Mohammed...another gun free zone..too bad for them there were cops outside....

why do you keep babblinb the same irrelevent points. The only people you gun nuts scare are your nearest and dearest. Which is understandable, a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill someone in the home than a bad guy.

Anti-gun advocates never let the truth or facts get in the way of their agenda.

And on kellerman...

Don't care about your gun nut propaganda or your, "Those darkies totally deserved to die." horseshit.

Naw, it's always fun to watch Dick Tiny spooge his gun nut talking points on a thread. I've noticed he's been a lot more scared since Scalia took a dirt nap.

"How Many Shootings Have There Been At UCLA? The Last Was In 1969"

"Although school shootings seem to happen all of the time, the location of the most recent incident is a relative stranger to them. In the past few decades, there surprisingly haven't been many shootings at UCLA. In fact, apart from the murder-suicide and subsequent lockdown on the campus this Wednesday, the last and only shooting at the University of California, Los Angeles was in 1969 — a shooting which became remembered as one of the most historic moments of the Black Panther movement at the time.
2panthersslain.png

How Many Shootings Have There Been At UCLA? The Last Was In 1969

Good luck... Lol
It's a lengthy process. One problem with "modern" Americans is impatience. Too many are enamored with "instant gratification".

Last year was the 200th anniversary of the end of the War of 1812. When kids are taught history they read about the events leading up to the revolution, the Revolution, the aftermath including writing and ratifying the Constitution, Louis & Clark, and the War of 1812. Most can read it in their texts in a few hours.

I remember the Bicentennial. Ford was President in 1976. I was a junior in college. Last year I was 59. 1976 to 2015 was a lifetime. It was no different for our Founders. Those young men and women who fought in the Revolution were old grandparents when the War of 1812 was fought. Change took time then and it takes time now. It's a constant push and most of us will never see the fruits of our labors.

An ancient Greek proverb is 'Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.'

A quote from "Galaxy Quest" is "Never give up, never surrender!"

Both work for me. :)
I like - never trust the government to do the right thing, for its not your friend...

Perhaps not when it's been taken over by corporate power and then that corporate power takes over the airways and tells you that you and your elected representatives (which they now own) are the enemy. Some folks are going to have to make a decision. Either america IS this exceptional nation, people, and society with the bestest ever approach to government and democracy ... which is so fantastic it needs to be spread across the globe - by force when necessary ..., or you can't trust america. Pick one.

"Although school shootings seem to happen all of the time, the location of the most recent incident is a relative stranger to them. In the past few decades, there surprisingly haven't been many shootings at UCLA. In fact, apart from the murder-suicide and subsequent lockdown on the campus this Wednesday, the last and only shooting at the University of California, Los Angeles was in 1969 — a shooting which became remembered as one of the most historic moments of the Black Panther movement at the time.
2panthersslain.png

Uncle Ronnie got all into gun control as Gov of CA once the Panthers decided hey, all that constitutional I getta carry a piece stuff applies to us too.

....Either america IS this exceptional nation, people, and society with the bestest ever approach to government and democracy ... which is so fantastic it needs to be spread across the globe - by force when necessary ..., or you can't trust america. Pick one.
Dichotomous thinking can be a sign of mental illness or simply immaturity.

What is Dichotomous Thinking's Link to Borderline Personality?
Dichotomous thinking, also known as "black or white thinking," is a symptom of many mental illnesses, including borderline personality disorder (BPD). If you have BPD and dichotomous thinking is a struggle for you, you may see only the extremes of things, never the middle. Every thought or situation breaks down to black or white, good or bad and all or nothing.

This extreme thinking can cause serious overreactions or responses with significant consequences.

2panthersslain.png

Uncle Ronnie got all into gun control as Gov of CA once the Panthers decided hey, all that constitutional I getta carry a piece stuff applies to us too.
2d019a73665aba655f06809ae3e24590.jpg

"Nobody tried to stop the 30 Black Panthers — 24 men and six women, carrying rifles, shotguns and revolvers — as they walked through the doors of the state Capitol building on May 2 of that year.(1967) This was decades before Sept. 11 or the Oklahoma City bombing, and the protesters were, after all, legally allowed to have their weapons. They entered with their guns pointed at the ceiling. Behind them followed a horde of journalists they’d called to document the protest."
Here's How The Nation Responded When A Black Militia Group Occupied A Government Building

Last edited:
And on kellerman...

Don't care about your gun nut propaganda or your, "Those darkies totally deserved to die." horseshit.

Naw, it's always fun to watch Dick Tiny spooge his gun nut talking points on a thread. I've noticed he's been a lot more scared since Scalia took a dirt nap.

I get it joe.....I posted a link to the actual study by kellerman where he took the 43 times number and made it 2.7 times.......and it was still wrong......so keep denying the truth...it is all you have....

I get it joe.....I posted a link to the actual study by kellerman where he took the 43 times number and made it 2.7 times.......and it was still wrong......so keep denying the truth...it is all you have....

You did nothing of the sort, and I don' waste time reading through your NRA propaganda

I do notice you've gotten increasingly panicky since Scalia took that trip to the Infernal Regions, though.

You did nothing of the sort, and I don' waste time reading through your NRA propaganda

I do notice you've gotten increasingly panicky since Scalia took that trip to the Infernal Regions, though.

You keep bringing up the NRA.....why? I don't use them except once in a while I will grab a story from "The Armed Citizen" which is simply a place where they collect stories from the news about defensive gun use.........

You do realize that my links are not from the NRA.....so you are lying...again....

Guy, go back and get your check from Frothy Wayne, but sane people don't want to hear your crap.

We have 33,000 gun deaths a year in this country. Only 200 of them are ruled justifiable uses of force by a civilian. That should tell you everything right there.

(They also found about 400 cases a year of justifiable shooting by cops, but you practically have to get film of a cop shooting someone in the back to get a criminally indictment. )

Forum List

Back