Zone1 The Ugly, Fascinating History Of The Word 'Racism'

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I hesitate to even put this here due to the sub-forum's misleading and wrong heading.

Racism is a mere (and weak) social construct first coined in the US by a US General to describe the plight of Native Americans in 1902.....And even then acted upon poorly.....The term means absolutely nothing.

If you don't like a particular ethnicity (say blacks) then I would say you are anti-black and not a racist as there is only one race....The human race.....You are simply anti-black.

Just because people have been conditioned to accept the catch-all word racist/racism does not make the term any more accurate.

Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
I hesitate to even put this here due to the sub-forum's misleading and wrong heading.

Racism is a mere (and weak) social construct first coined in the US by a US General to describe the plight of Native Americans in 1902.....And even then acted upon poorly.....The term means absolutely nothing.

If you don't like a particular ethnicity (say blacks) then I would say you are anti-black and not a racist as there is only one race....The human race.....You are simply anti-black.

Just because people have been conditioned to accept the catch-all word racist/racism does not make the term any more accurate.

Prove me wrong.
What is said, still goes. It is unlikely you will be able to change the US and world views to your liking, so the terms "racist" and "racism" will not go away. If you are accurate, they have only been around for close to 120 years. You ain't no spring chicken and have your work cut out for you.

What is said, still goes. It is unlikely you will be able to change the US and world views to your liking, so the terms "racist" and "racism" will not go away. If you are accurate, they have only been around for close to 120 years. You ain't no spring chicken and have your work cut out for you.
Not if you are your own man and refuse to acknowledge what you know to be dead wrong.

I never use the term but you talk about bringing someone up short when you narrow things down and say a person is, say, anti-Hispanic. It's like you hit them over the fuckin' head.

I guess it has the same effect as calling someone a anti-Semite.....You just don't hear people say it of other ethnicities.

In short the social construct of "racism/racist" has been so over-used it's meaningless on it face as well as in it current usage. It's a mere catch-all for the ignorant.

Not if you are your own man and refuse to acknowledge what you know to be dead wrong.

I never use the term but you talk about bringing someone up short when you narrow things down and say a person is, say, anti-Hispanic. It's like you hit them over the fuckin' head.

I guess it has the same effect as calling someone a anti-Semite.....You just don't hear people say it of other ethnicities.

In short the social construct of "racism/racist" has been so over-used it's meaningless on it face as well as in it current usage. It's a mere catch-all for the ignorant.
You mean antisemites are not considered racist, because it is purely a religious thing? OK. Luckily, I have not referred to any antisemites as racist.
Now, do you think you will be successful changing the US and world views regarding the terms "racist and racism" to your views?
Words do have meanings, and these are pretty much in every dictionary on the planet.
Good luck with your crusade. Everybody needs a hobby and/or a calling in life.

You mean antisemites are not considered racist, because it is purely a religious thing? OK. Luckily, I have not referred to any antisemites as racist.
Now, do you think you will be successful changing the US and world views regarding the terms "racist and racism" to your views?
Words do have meanings, and these are pretty much in every dictionary on the planet.
Good luck with your crusade. Everybody needs a hobby and/or a calling in life.
Thanks for the well wishes and all but you have yet to prove me wrong. ;)

Thanks for the well wishes and all but you have yet to prove me wrong. ;)
I never tried or said I would. I simply doubted the world wide effectiveness, and wished you luck.:cool:

Forum List

Back