The ultimate 2nd amendment poll!

What's your take on American citizens and firearms?

• The second amendment is very clear: "Shall not be infringed."

Votes: 82 78.1%
  • Ban all automaticweapons for citizens

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Ban all semi-automatic weapons for citizens

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Ban all weapons including muzzle loaders

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Ban knives

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban forks and pencils too

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JoeB has the right to express his opinion. He is merely whining. No one is taking anyone's guns away any time soon.

again, people are getting pretty sick of these shooting incidents, and the NRA can't stack dead bodies forever.

You see, Jake, this is why you can't "reform" the GOP. The GOP can't stand up to the NRA. They can't stand up to the REligious nutters. They can't stand up to the Tea Party.

And you just want to be with the cool kids, so you won't take a stand on anything, either.

Enjoy Oblivion, you're going to be there for a while.

JoeB has the right to express his opinion. He is merely whining. No one is taking anyone's guns away any time soon.

again, people are getting pretty sick of these shooting incidents, and the NRA can't stack dead bodies forever.

You see, Jake, this is why you can't "reform" the GOP. The GOP can't stand up to the NRA. They can't stand up to the REligious nutters. They can't stand up to the Tea Party.

And you just want to be with the cool kids, so you won't take a stand on anything, either.

Enjoy Oblivion, you're going to be there for a while.

You sound like you are a lifetime member of the democratic party. Just a few short months ago you were pretending to trash obama.
Now why do you enjoy getting you ass handed to you on the subject of firearms?

[

You sound like you are a lifetime member of the democratic party. Just a few short months ago you were pretending to trash obama.

Because, frankly, if you think that defending the right of crazy people to shoot kids is a 'victory', you have some serious mental issues of your own.

I'm starting to understand why you don't want a mental health test for gun ownership, though.

[

Because, frankly, if you think that defending the right of crazy people to shoot kids is a 'victory', you have some serious mental issues of your own.

I'm starting to understand why you don't want a mental health test for gun ownership, though.
When you trip all over yourself using a straw man I laugh.

[

What straw man. You apparently thikn that it's perfectly okay that guys like Loughner and Holmes can have easy access to guns. Any law to make it harder to get guns you would oppose on principle. Your solution- someone laughable, would be to arm everyone else because nothing makes a situation with one crazy person shooting better than a bunch of other slightly less crazy people shooting back.

What straw man. You apparently thikn that it's perfectly okay that guys like Loughner and Holmes can have easy access to guns. Any law to make it harder to get guns you would oppose on principle. Your solution- someone laughable, would be to arm everyone else because nothing makes a situation with one crazy person shooting better than a bunch of other slightly less crazy people shooting back.

Fine anyone that is a liberal before they are allowed to get a firearm they must take a mental test. Does that make you feel better?

Fine anyone that is a liberal before they are allowed to get a firearm they must take a mental test. Does that make you feel better?

No, EVERYONE should hvae to take a mental test.

Everyone should have to undergo a thorough background check.

Everyone should undergo rigorous safety and firearms training.

And if their guns get into the wrong hands, they should be held criminally responsible.

That's sensible, common sense gun control, which frankly, you guys oppose, because a lot of you fetishists would never pass.

No, EVERYONE should hvae to take a mental test.

Everyone should have to undergo a thorough background check.

Everyone should undergo rigorous safety and firearms training.

And if their guns get into the wrong hands, they should be held criminally responsible.

That's sensible, common sense gun control, which frankly, you guys oppose, because a lot of you fetishists would never pass.

Nope you just named two liberals sorry keep trying though. Name one conservative that has went on a shooting rampage.

[

Nope you just named two liberals sorry keep trying though. Name one conservative that has went on a shooting rampage.

How about that Nazi who shot up the Sihk temple because he was too backward ass ignorant to tell the difference between a Sihk and a Muslim?

Not that Loughner or Holmes were liberals or conservatives...

Most of the world doesn't align itself poltiically, guy.

[

How about that Nazi who shot up the Sihk temple because he was too backward ass ignorant to tell the difference between a Sihk and a Muslim?

Nazi's are not conservative try again.

Guns are often the cowards refuge. The gun allows the coward a distance from the reality of his act. In America guns are worshiped as a symbol of imaginary ideals. Regulating guns makes perfect sense but myth makes more sense to the gun hugger. 'In America eight children a day die in murders, suicides and accidents involving guns.'

A Case for Gun Control

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Why does everyone skip over regulated? And who exactly does people refer to?" 2nd Amendment Bearing Arms - U.S. Constitution - Findlaw

"Since Obama took office in January 2009, there have been seven separate cases of disturbed white men committing political murders after becoming hopped up on guns, right-wing media and anti-government and anti-Obama blather. And this doesn't even include Loughner’s attack or other incidents where the gunman was intent on killing but didn't succeed." Hate and Violence Are Encoded in the DNA of the American Right | Alternet

115503600.jpg

[

Sure they are... they hate minorties... just like "conservatives" do.

They believe in a world of white privilage. They just don't dress as nice and have more tatoos.

Guns are often the cowards refuge. The gun allows the coward a distance from the reality of his act. In America guns are worshiped as a symbol of imaginary ideals. Regulating guns makes perfect sense but myth makes more sense to the gun hugger. 'In America eight children a day die in murders, suicides and accidents involving guns.'

A Case for Gun Control

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Why does everyone skip over regulated? And who exactly does people refer to?" 2nd Amendment Bearing Arms - U.S. Constitution - Findlaw

"Since Obama took office in January 2009, there have been seven separate cases of disturbed white men committing political murders after becoming hopped up on guns, right-wing media and anti-government and anti-Obama blather. And this doesn't even include Loughner’s attack or other incidents where the gunman was intent on killing but didn't succeed." Hate and Violence Are Encoded in the DNA of the American Right | Alternet

115503600.jpg

Reading bull shit like this pisses me off when I have time after timed covered this.
The fucking word REGULATED does not mean today what it meant to the founders.
The second amendment does not say
"A Militia well regulated by congress, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
The founders intended to keep more control of firearms in the hands of the people and less in the hands of the government but dumb asses like would whether hand over your authority to a body that is full of failure

They believe in a world of white privilage. They just don't dress as nice and have more tatoos.

Stupid straw man. are blacks conservatives also because they are racist?

Reading bull shit like this pisses me off when I have time after timed covered this.
The fucking word REGULATED does not mean today what it meant to the founders.
The second amendment does not say
"A Militia well regulated by congress, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
The founders intended to keep more control of firearms in the hands of the people and less in the hands of the government but dumb asses like would whether hand over your authority to a body that is full of failure

You know, I really love how you wingnuts complain about government and still take full advantage of it every day.
Fact is Congress never meant for the second Amendment to let crazy Nazis buy guns and shoot up crowds of people.

Actually, the term I would use there would be "self-loathing".

you look at people like Alan Keyes, Herman Cain, Mia Love- these are black folks who just hate being black.

you look at people like Alan Keyes, Herman Cain, Mia Love- these are black folks who just hate being black.

Straw man argument because a black that thinks people shouldn't be on welfare they hate being black?

A Case for Gun Control

115503600.jpg

The fucking word REGULATED does not mean today what it meant to the founders.The second amendment does not say

And you know this definition of the word "regulated" was different by what, osmosis?
Were you there for the conversations about "regulated militias"? Fuk no.

You are talking out your ass when you say shit like that. You personally have no idea what was meant. Only what YOU want it to mean.

Straw man argument because a black that thinks people shouldn't be on welfare they hate being black?

No, they hate being black because they realize that the reason they aren't riding on the back of the bus was some right minded folks said that was wrong.

And those folks were liberals, not convervatives.

Frankly, even when I was a lot more right wing (in other words, fooled into voting against my own economic interests) I thought people like Keyes were a bit whacky.

Now I recongize most of what the GOP goes on about is to keep people voting against their own economic interests.

Take away the gun bullshit, the religion bullshit, the gay bullshit and just run on the plutocracy vs. fairness, the GOP would get about 10% of the vote.

A Case for Gun Control

115503600.jpg

The fucking word REGULATED does not mean today what it meant to the founders.The second amendment does not say

And you know this definition of the word "regulated" was different by what, osmosis?
Were you there for the conversations about "regulated militias"? Fuk no.

You are talking out your ass when you say shit like that. You personally have no idea what was meant. Only what YOU want it to mean.

Well Regulated

The Random House College Dictionary (1980) gives four definitions for the word "regulate," which were all in use during the Colonial period and one more definition dating from 1690 (Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd Edition, 1989). They are:

1) To control or direct by a rule, principle, method, etc.
2) To adjust to some standard or requirement as for amount, degree, etc.

3) To adjust so as to ensure accuracy of operation.

4) To put in good order.

[obsolete sense]
b. Of troops: Properly disciplined. Obs. rare-1.

1690 Lond. Gaz. No. 2568/3 We hear likewise that the French are in a great Allarm in Dauphine and Bresse, not having at present 1500 Men of regulated Troops on that side.
You do realize the second amendment is a two part amendment?
The first part
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
Gives the states the right to have a militia

The second part
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Gives the people the right to form that militia.

Forum List

Back