CDZ The US is a terrorist state. Discuss

Us military is designated REAL terrorists by Iran and their sympathizers like you.
True, designated as such by a legitimate government recognised throughout the world. Therefore as much a terrorist organisation as any other. Much like the way Iranian organisations are designated terrorists by the US. But of course the US is objective in its labelling, right?
So you are drawing an equivalency between a Muslim extremist Mullah controlled state to the USA? "We're just as bad as Iran". You are entitled to your opinion.

If you're being slapped around by a bully, and you become fed up and beat the hell out of him, are you the aggressor or is the bully the aggressor? I'm sure the bully would consider his intended victim the aggressor, sort of like Iran considers the Untied States the terrorist. They're not convincing anyone, nor is cnm convincing anyone here.
What has that to do with the US being a terrorist state? How come you don't address the arguments made in the OP?
The U.S. is not a terrorist state.. You're trying desperately to make that case but you're failing miserably. I know you know the difference between initiating and responding so arguing technicalities with you is pointless. You have an objective here and I recognize it for what it is.

I haven’t dodged anything.

I am saying that the key attribute is that the state doesn’t own the act. That’s what makes them terrorists. Otherwise it’s just the military.
You are dodging the definitions of terrorism, as though the military can't carry out terror.

terrorism
the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

terrorism
the systematic and organized use of violence and intimidation to force a government or community, etc to act in a certain way or accept certain demands.

So you are drawing an equivalency between a Muslim extremist Mullah controlled state to the USA?
Hoho, as opposed to a Christian evangelical extremist controlled USA?

iu

Absolutely. Neither of them behave in ways likely to bring credit to their religions.

The U.S. is not a terrorist state.. You're trying desperately to make that case but you're failing miserably. I know you know the difference between initiating and responding so arguing technicalities with you is pointless. You have an objective here and I recognize it for what it is.
I have made an argument. I have defined my terms and I have shown how the US fits those terms. Your counter arguments are non-existent. 'Technicalities' - you mean like, definitions from dictionaries as opposed to definitions plucked from who knows where?

Was Truman a terrorist for dropping two nukes on Japan?
As were the Brits for Dresden and the Yanks for Tokyo.

The Meaning of Shock and Awe
The greatness of such an overwhelming attack, according to Ullman, lies in its capacity to inflict on the enemy an instant paralysis of the will to fight. It assures that an entire people will be “intimidated, made to feel so impotent, so helpless, that they have no choice but to do what we want them to do.” It might be objected that this amounts to an endorsement of the use of weapons of mass terror, since concussive paralysis and the injury of non-combatants are among the intended effects of such an attack. The implicit answer offered by Ullman and his admirers is that the end justifies the means, and in a case involving the United States, the end is always benign.

Was Truman a terrorist for dropping two nukes on Japan?
As were the Brits for Dresden and the Yanks for Tokyo.
The Meaning of Shock and Awe
The greatness of such an overwhelming attack, according to Ullman, lies in its capacity to inflict on the enemy an instant paralysis of the will to fight. It assures that an entire people will be “intimidated, made to feel so impotent, so helpless, that they have no choice but to do what we want them to do.” It might be objected that this amounts to an endorsement of the use of weapons of mass terror, since concussive paralysis and the injury of non-combatants are among the intended effects of such an attack. The implicit answer offered by Ullman and his admirers is that the end justifies the means, and in a case involving the United States, the end is always benign.
Once again, by comparison your argument makes trump look more like ghandi.

So you are drawing an equivalency between a Muslim extremist Mullah controlled state to the USA?
Hoho, as opposed to a Christian evangelical extremist controlled USA?

iu

Absolutely. Neither of them behave in ways likely to bring credit to their religions.
You make flimsy equivalencies to advance your 'argument'. There is no comparison between the marginal influence of Christian evangelicals and the totalitarian grip that the Muslim Extremist Mullahs have over Iran. Your argument is ridiculous.

I have made an argument. I have defined my terms and I have shown how the US fits those terms. Your counter arguments are non-existent. 'Technicalities' - you mean like, definitions from dictionaries as opposed to definitions plucked from who knows where?
You made a very weak argument and I explained why it's flawed. You don't have any support for it but you keep doubling down on it anyway. You don't know when to quit.

Once again, by comparison your argument makes trump look more like ghandi.
Well it is your position that the US is only a little bit a terrorist state. Like being a little pregnant I suppose. Still, that's your position.

You made a very weak argument and I explained why it's flawed. You don't have any support for it but you keep doubling down on it anyway. You don't know when to quit.
You have explained nothing. You have made no counter argument. Saying 'is not' just won't cut it.

You make flimsy equivalencies to advance your 'argument'. There is no comparison between the marginal influence of Christian evangelicals and the totalitarian grip that the Muslim Extremist Mullahs have over Iran. Your argument is ridiculous.
The extremist Evangelicals, Individual1's critical base, do nothing to show their religion in a good light. But so what? You have made no arguments to show the US is not a terrorist state. The most you have done is to assert it is not as terrorist as other states.

You have explained nothing. You have made no counter argument. Saying 'is not' just won't cut it.
I'm sorry you don't know the difference between self defense and murder.

Well it is your position that the US is only a little bit a terrorist state. Like being a little pregnant I suppose. Still, that's your position.
I see you finally got around to rewording the discussion so you could try and make a point, the problem is even under those circumstances you failed...you lefties are horrible at analogies and drawing a parallel even when you are making them up...
...and don't you think even those who hate trump can see you were just trying to move the conversation away from the fact that you made him look good by comparison, a stunt they are not very good at either.

The last time the US was truly a 'good guy' on the world stage was WWII. Even then it entered two years too late.
Now? It's seen (rightly) by a lot of people as the bully boy of the world. Nowhere near as bad as the likes of Russia and China. Still, if the righties on this board want to have the moral high ground, they have a long way to go.

Is the US a terrorist state? IMO, the people in the country aren't. Are some of its govt officials and agencies? Absolutely. Bit like Iran. The average Persian is nowhere near being a terrorist. .They work, go to school, survive day to day. But all the right-wing yahoo losers on this board cheer every time an arab or Persian is killed.

You know the term collateral damage was invented by US politicos/military wonks. It's never sat well with me. It allows them to sleep at night. I would love the generals and politicos to have to see every man, woman and child they have killed (collateral or not). I think they might change their mind. Let us not forget why 9-11 happened in the first place.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
The US politicians have not been able to say what their latest murder was defending. Rather it has now been referred to as a 'deterrent'. That is not self defence, that is terrorism.

Did the Killing of Qassim Suleimani Deter Iranian Attacks, or Encourage Them?

Did the Killing of Qassim Suleimani Deter Iranian Attacks, or Encourage Them? ... Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, in an appearance on CNN, said the American strike was a deterrent
The very definition of terrorism...

terrorism

terrorism
the systematic and organized use of violence and intimidation to force a government or community, etc to act in a certain way or accept certain demands.

I see you finally got around to rewording the discussion so you could try and make a point, the problem is even under those circumstances you failed...you lefties are horrible at analogies and drawing a parallel even when you are making them up...
...and don't you think even those who hate trump can see you were just trying to move the conversation away from the fact that you made him look good by comparison, a stunt they are not very good at either.
You have made no argument against the proposition, you have only asserted the US is not as much a terrorist as it was. That means you accept the US is a terrorist state. Very open minded of you.

Defending our citizens and our interests around the world doesn't make us terrorists. And there's nothing wrong with taking out a REAL terrorist.
That's what this is all about Because the President pulled the trigger that took out leftist lover boy terrorist.
Well, I sure in hell hope he does it again. many times maybe a few leftist will also be caught in the crosshairs lol

The US politicians have not been able to say what their latest murder was defending. Rather it has now been referred to as a 'deterrent'. That is not self defence, that is terrorism.

Did the Killing of Qassim Suleimani Deter Iranian Attacks, or Encourage Them?

Did the Killing of Qassim Suleimani Deter Iranian Attacks, or Encourage Them? ... Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, in an appearance on CNN, said the American strike was a deterrent
The very definition of terrorism...

terrorism

terrorism
Suleimani was even worse than Bin Ladin

You have made no argument against the proposition,
Nope, none, just that you have made trump look like an altar boy by comparison and you have made no argument refuting that...why would I make an argument "against the proposition" when I know your real target is trump and you are shooting down that "proposition" with what you call terrorism of/by others

you have only asserted the US is not as bad as it was.
actually it is you that has done that along with claiming other nations are at least as bad and BY DEFINITION claiming that almost the entire world has engaged in terrorism at some point...
...Now getting back to what I really said...you have made trump look like a pacifist by comparison...[gee I wonder what you will try to make of that]

Forum List

Back