The Utter defeat of the Radical wing of the GOP.

The economy had slumped.

Yes; a mild recession which began in April 2001, followed by unprecendented defict spending, which lead to the Great Recession in 2008, the worst downturn in the economy since 1929.

Recession wasn't caused by the deficit spending. It simply made it tough to recover. And most of that deficit spending was because we were fighting an unnecessary war without a tax to pay for it, also unprecedented.

you're correct. it wasn't caused by deficit spending. had we been spending on things HERE and not rebuilding countries we shouldn't have been fighting in, we'd have been fine with a little deficit spending. part of the problem was the spending didn't create wealth here. it didn't put people to work HERE. it didn't build infrastructure and wasn't invested HERE. that would have enhanced the economy. in addition to the spending on two wars of choice, they cut government spending, which costs jobs. (government is a big employer) and cut funds at the state levels, which further cut jobs. at the same time, the banks were given carte blanche, and the stock market allowed to run roughshod over people through evisceration of our enforcement mechanisms and the laws keeping banks from making absurd gambles with our money.

You must really suck at accounting.

LOL

Thanks. You cannot imagine (considering the source) how flattering that is for me.

Did Clinton borrow $152 million in 2000 from the off-budget SS fund to make his general operating budget look like a 'surplus' or not?

LOL

No. That was merely an effect (made irrelevant by Reagan/Stockman) of how shit is done now. Money in / money out. If more comes in, what do we call that?

If you need time to think, I can check back in 10 years or so. No prob.

Thanks. You cannot imagine (considering the source) how flattering that is for me.

Did Clinton borrow $152 million in 2000 from the off-budget SS fund to make his general operating budget look like a 'surplus' or not?

LOL

No. That was merely an effect (made irrelevant by Reagan/Stockman) of how shit is done now. Money in / money out. If more comes in, what do we call that?

LOL

He did, and he faked operating budget 'cashflow' by borrowing from several other off-budget accounts.

LOL

And this might clue you in: GOP whines about what spending program? (not a fund in a trust that pays out to subscribers, but SPENDING!!)

Noodle on that. It'll come to you, in 10 years or so. I'm certain of it.

LOL

LOL

He did, and he faked operating budget 'cashflow' by borrowing from several other off-budget accounts.

Not how receipts are calculated. Keep trying. Make a hundred wild guesses, and sooner or later, one might be half right. I have great confidence in you.

Poor, poor 'Conservatives'. The market is soaring now they have some assurance of stability ahead. And the private investors, with many trillions sidelined on those worries, may get into the market this year. That would lead to a vastly improved economy and employment. And a stirring chorus of 'Oh woe is me' from our board 'Conservatives'. They wish to see misery in our nation.

So you'd agree that a portion of the Social Security "Trust Fund" (lol) Should be invested in US Equities

That's one huge logical leap.

Grand Canyon style.

He's right.

SS should be run like a real pension plan, like the hundreds of state plans set up for state employees and like countries such as Norway and Canada. People should also have the option of investing for themselves, like they do in Chile.

We would put SS on sound footing and could cut payroll taxes.

LOL

Not how receipts are calculated. Keep trying. Make a hundred wild guesses, and sooner or later, one might be half right. I have great confidence in you.

LOL

Clinton had budget 'surpluses' by counting off-budget 'receipts' of the Social Security fund.

The Federal Budget Deficit went up each and every year, creative accounting notwithstanding.

So you'd agree that a portion of the Social Security "Trust Fund" (lol) Should be invested in US Equities

Grand Canyon style.

He's right.

SS should be run like a real pension plan, like the hundreds of state plans set up for state employees and like countries such as Norway and Canada. People should also have the option of investing for themselves, like they do in Chile.

No he's not.

There are wild flucuations in the equities market.

You might have a point if SSI were invested in bonds.

Which..for the most part..they are.

Grand Canyon style.

He's right.

But that would take away the biggest honey pot that the slimeballs in the District of Criminals have to buy votes.

Not.....a-gonna.....happen.

It's the defeat of us all, but it certainly feels good to democrats and that's what counts.

Well no.

The Tea Party has been trying to crater the recovery for quite some time, parrotting the whims of Rush Limbaugh and the "We hope he fails" crowd.

It's becomes evident, well moreso, with the clownish attempt at trying to embrass President Obama.

Instead..it was them that were embrassed. Congress' approval rating is at 9%. In the history of this country, there's never been that sort of approval rating for any part of the government.

did you vote for the same guy as you did before Sallow?...

Yep.

My boys (and girls) ain't the problem.

Never were.

It's the defeat of us all, but it certainly feels good to democrats and that's what counts.

Well no.

The Tea Party has been trying to crater the recovery for quite some time, parrotting the whims of Rush Limbaugh and the "We hope he fails" crowd.

It's becomes evident, well moreso, with the clownish attempt at trying to embrass President Obama.

Instead..it was them that were embrassed. Congress' approval rating is at 9%. In the history of this country, there's never been that sort of approval rating for any part of the government.

did you vote for the same guy as you did before Sallow?...

the interesting little fact is that no matter what the approval rating of congress as a whole, most of us want to stick with our own congress members and rate them highly.

it's everyone else's members we have issues with.

Grand Canyon style.

He's right.

that would be fine if everyone were looking at long term expansion of the market. but people who are retiring and who need the money to live on can't wait for the market to right itself. i'd think the one thing we should have learned from the 2008 crash is that social security should never be subject to market whims.

Grand Canyon style.

He's right.

that would be fine if everyone were looking at long term expansion of the market. but people who are retiring and who need the money to live on can't wait for the market to right itself. i'd think the one thing we should have learned from the 2008 crash is that social security should never be subject to market whims.

This is a market maker's wet dream.

Lots of government cash without any responsiblity.

:lol:

Happened with the passing of the "Fiscal Cliff" bill.

They looked silly. Completely so.

And in the end, President Obama and the Congressional Democrats got what they wanted.

Which ultimately is good for the country. As I post this, the DOW is soaring. Up 237 points.

:clap2:

$4Trillion more added to the debt over 10 years is a win to you?

damn, you really are dumb

Democrats don't care the consequences, they just like to win.

I suppose you all think it's a good thing to kick the can down the road further ignoring the problem and ensuring this turns into a double dip recession. I can't really agree that this is good. Expected, but not really good.

No. I think it sucks, but the GOP demanded it be kicked down the road in lieu of the debt limit increase bill, which is WHAT CREATED THE FUCKING FISCAL CLIFF, you ignorant nincumpoop!!!

And how did they "solve" it? Kick it down the road another 3 months. Way to go GOP, you inept fucking cock suckers.

Your partisan ignorance is astounding.

LOL

LOL

Clinton had budget 'surpluses' by counting off-budget 'receipts' of the Social Security fund.

The Federal Budget Deficit went up each and every year, creative accounting notwithstanding.

Knock me over with a feather!!! Not ten years; less than a day. Astonishing.

Okay; now that we know more money in than out is a "surplus," a recap of history on how we got there and what might have been (specualtion part) the motivating factor:

Reagan was keen on supply-side, and its poster child David Stockman have a novel idea: fuck having a suspense account (what layman call the "trust fund") just move to cashflow model, by taking money destined for a suspense account and put it into the general fund. The USis the richest fucking country ever (still is btw) and can meet its obligations as they arise. No prob. (whoops; debt skyrockets).

But okay; it is what it is. New day. New way of doing things.

Bush 41 sees his "read my lips" pledge might have been a smidge premature, and raises taxes a smidge. Good Mr. President. It helped, albeit not in time to save your presidency, and the DLC Duo (centrist Dems, Clinton and Gore) inherited an economy on the mend. Then up the taxes a smidge more, and OMG!, longest recovery in US history, making for positive cashflow, the likes of which, we'd never seen. Plus, while not stellar, growth was damn solid. Pretty good times ... except, Gore proved a poor camaigner, and let Bush 41's idiot child get close enough that a fuck up in crafting the FL ballot, put a functional retard in charge of the free world, with what we can all now see, really sucked. But oh well.

Then hope and change comes to town, albeit, with little change, and hope wanes.

So if it were up to me, I would have let the cuts expire. Fearing that we'lll be some kind of onerous burden on the middle class, returning to Clinton era rates, shows nothing more than ignorance of history. I mean, what the fuck? Typical middle class Americans cut a fat fucking hog when Bush Cuts came into being? Not even. LMAO. Maybe $300 a year, to go out and buy a yaght. Hahahahahahaha. Ahhhh; I'm dying here.

Middle class are lamenting the fucking windfall that Bush Cuts gave them??? Get real. How fucking retarded can people get?

No. I think it sucks, but the GOP demanded it be kicked down the road in lieu of the debt limit increase bill, which is WHAT CREATED THE FUCKING FISCAL CLIFF, you ignorant nincumpoop!!!

And how did they "solve" it? Kick it down the road another 3 months. Way to go GOP, you inept fucking cock suckers.

This isn't a GOP deal. The vast majority of the right opposed kicking this down the road.

This could have been avoided at any point had we made the Bush tax cuts permenant years ago.

This could be avoided if politicians in either party were willing to actually cut the spending so we don't need to borrow money and come close to the debt ceiling.

Nothing has been fixed by this deal. Just like nothing was fixed in the last debt ceiling deal where Obama keeps getting what he wants and the conservatives in the GOP get absolutely NOTHING.

Let's have one serious cut to the budget. Im not talking about slowing growth, but a serious cut. You will never get anyone to actually cut the government. You won't get anyone seriously proposing we end baseline budgeting and that Congress actually do it's job and create a budget based on the tax revenues we actually receive.

There are only a few GOP reps actually fighting for a real solution to this problem and unfortunately, they aren't doing enough.

It is when Boehner's Congress votes to pass it. You do realized that all spending by the Executive must be made law by the Congress; yeah?

Just checking.

Hey dumbfuck, "Congress" is both the House and the Senate. Harry reid runs the senate. Ever heard of him? It's not "Boehner's Congress" you half wit.

LOL

Knock me over with a feather!!! Not ten years; less than a day. Astonishing.

Okay; now that we know more money in than out is a "surplus," a recap of history on how we got there and what might have been (specualtion part) the motivating factor:

Reagan was keen on supply-side, and its poster child David Stockman have a novel idea: fuck having a suspense account (what layman call the "trust fund") just move to cashflow model, by taking money destined for a suspense account and put it into the general fund. The USis the richest fucking country ever (still is btw) and can meet its obligations as they arise. No prob. (whoops; debt skyrockets).

But okay; it is what it is. New day. New way of doing things.

Bush 41 sees his "read my lips" pledge might have been a smidge premature, and raises taxes a smidge. Good Mr. President. It helped, albeit not in time to save your presidency, and the DLC Duo (centrist Dems, Clinton and Gore) inherited an economy on the mend. Then up the taxes a smidge more, and OMG!, longest recovery in US history, making for positive cashflow, the likes of which, we'd never seen. Plus, while not stellar, growth was damn solid. Pretty good times ... except, Gore proved a poor camaigner, and let Bush 41's idiot child get close enough that a fuck up in crafting the FL ballot, put a functional retard in charge of the free world, with what we can all now see, really sucked. But oh well.

Then hope and change comes to town, albeit, with little change, and hope wanes.

So if it were up to me, I would have let the cuts expire. Fearing that we'lll be some kind of onerous burden on the middle class, returning to Clinton era rates, shows nothing more than ignorance of history. I mean, what the fuck? Typical middle class Americans cut a fat fucking hog when Bush Cuts came into being? Not even. LMAO. Maybe $300 a year, to go out and buy a yaght. Hahahahahahaha. Ahhhh; I'm dying here.

Middle class are lamenting the fucking windfall that Bush Cuts gave them??? Get real. How fucking retarded can people get?

Oops. Got carried away and forgot to speculate:

Reagan was not keen on SS. But we know being against it is political fucking suicide. So whadaya do? (tip: insert a virus; dismantle the trust fund, and maybe we'll defund it one day.)

But we NEVER will defund it. It's political suicide. So SS checks will go out, unfettered, for as long as we have a Congress and a President who rely on voters to get there. Simple as that.

Forum List

Back