The Vikings were not Germans

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
There is further confusion here in the word "viking" itself. This word apparently from "viting" - the servant.
These people served the Teutonic Knights, and subsequently the Prussian bureaucracy arose from this class.

This has nothing to do with those warriors in horned helmets, and those warriors most likely did not call themselves that.

Warriors in horned helmets are represented by the Altaians of the Afanasiev culture, I wrote about it here

There is proof of this: the petroglyphs of the Scandinavian Bronze Age, proving that horned warriors were already then.

genomic-atlas_hallristning_genomicatlas.jpg

Pan-Germanists say that the Vikings were much later, in the Middle Ages. It's a lie.

What do you mean, "The Vikings were not Germans"? The Vikings consisted of many peoples, including Poles and Germans.

There is further confusion here in the word "viking" itself. This word apparently from "viting" - the servant.
Wrong. Vik means bay or cove from where the Vikings invaded, attacked, and occupied. A Viking was a member of those invaders. "Viting" is a modern derogatory word for white people.

These people served the Teutonic Knights, and subsequently the Prussian bureaucracy arose from this class.

This has nothing to do with those warriors in horned helmets, and those warriors most likely did not call themselves that.

Warriors in horned helmets are represented by the Altaians of the Afanasiev culture, I wrote about it here

There is proof of this: the petroglyphs of the Scandinavian Bronze Age, proving that horned warriors were already then.

genomic-atlas_hallristning_genomicatlas.jpg

Pan-Germanists say that the Vikings were much later, in the Middle Ages. It's a lie.
The Normans were Vikings.

Wrong. Vik means bay or cove from where the Vikings invaded, attacked, and occupied. A Viking was a member of those invaders. "Viting" is a modern derogatory word for white people.
I heard this version, but the derivation from "witing"(servant) seems to be more reliable.

GLASNOST In any case, those Nordic warriors with horns had nothing to do with this, and did not call themselves that, they lived 1.5 thousand years before those events, and spoke a different language.

I heard this version, but the derivation from "witing"(servant) seems to be more reliable.
I am Swedish and during the early 2000s I was employed at Foteviken Museum as a translator. My colleague translated original documents from Latin and Ancient Greek to Swedish and I translated it from Swedish to English, German, and French. I am not offering a possibility or debate. I am telling you that 'Viking' is derived from the fact that they moored in the bay/cove prior to an invasion.

GLASNOST In any case, those Nordic warriors with horns had nothing to do with this, and did not call themselves that, they lived 1.5 thousand years before those events, and spoke a different language.
Neither horns nor language have anything to do with it.

You do not fight hand to hand wearing something an opponent can grab. Alexander the Great made his soldiers shave. No beard to grab.
That's right. The assumption is that a horned helmet artifact had been found and that it was probably a celebratory object only. As WinterBorn said it became popular as a modern-day symbol through operas, films, and romantic depictions.

I am Swedish and during the early 2000s I was employed at Foteviken Museum as a translator. My colleague translated original documents from Latin and Ancient Greek to Swedish and I translated it from Swedish to English, German, and French. I am not offering a possibility or debate. I am telling you that 'Viking' is derived from the fact that they moored in the bay/cove prior to an invasion.
this is a weak and illogical version. It is logical to assume that this is a change of one letter when rewriting, as it usually happens: viting

Forum List

Back