The Wages Of Ordinary American Workers Has Increased 9% in Forty Years

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg
Your graph is bullsh#t and I will tell you why. It shows everybody equal in 1979. And that is simply NOT true.

No it doesn't. The graph shows percentage change over time. Not absolute value. All categories will start at 0% change at the beginning of the measurement period.
The difference in the amount at start is not listed so the amount of change is invalid for NOT including that.

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg
Your graph is bullsh#t and I will tell you why. It shows everybody equal in 1979. And that is simply NOT true.

EQUAL HELL.....IT WAS SIMPLY A STARTING POINT. In the 1940's, 50's a corporate executive earned about 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By the 1970's that multiplier had increased to about 100 times as much. Now a CEO earns about 500 times what an ordinary worker makes. You ever heard of leaving the fox to guard the chicken house?

Last edited:
"So what" you say????? The graph clearly shows that people out there are far more economically successful than the OP, how dare they! Those god damn hard working, innovative entrepreneurs have a lot of nerve actually wanting to get paid back for all the society enriching products and services they provide.

Personally I think we should have gub'mint steal their stuff so the politicians and bureaucrats can make the economy less efficient by wasting it on a mountain of useless bureaucratic bullshit (after all who needs productive capital anyways?), thereby lowering the productivity of "ordinary American Workers" and thus further depressing their wages.

:popcorn:

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

EQUAL HELL.....IT WAS SIMPLY A STARTING POINT. In the 1940's, 50's a corporate executive earned about 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By the 1970's that multiplier had increased to about 100 times as much. Now a CEO earns about 500 times what an ordinary worker makes. You ever heard of leaving the fox to guard the chicken house?

inequality-chartbook-all-47-728.jpg
Judging by the years and who was president then Clinton and Obama have REALLY screwed some folks.

Yeah and? Do you actually have any idea what mechanisms are in play to determine CEO compensation and what "ordinary workers" make? and while you're figuring that out perhaps you'll do a bit of research into how "ordinary workers" compensation has fared in comparison to the politicians, bureaucrats and cronies inhabiting the halls of the government that you so love to worship and keep in mind the drones in gub'mint TAKE from society instead of having to compete to produce goods and services that people willingly buy.

Lastly while your little charts are certainly good for a laugh or two, perhaps you might want to go out and find one that overlays the growth of the federal gub'mint over the same time period; surprise, surprise it's gone from simply gigantic to HOLY FUCK MONSTROUS over the same time period, think that fact might have anything to do with the stagnation of "ordinary worker" wages ? Perhaps big daddy gub'mint sucking resources out of the productive economy at an ever increasing rate might have something to do with stagnating worker productivity and thus wages?

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

The graph measures change dumbass. Everyone starts at 0% change because no time has passed and therefore no change can have occurred.

Goddam you might be the stupidest fuck I've ever encountered.

Unions rule when it comes to protecting the working mans wages and benefits. Going back 41 years is proof enough of that.

1974 I was making 10.03 an hour.
1981 I was making 11.80 an hour
1983 I was making 13,89 an hour.
1988 I was making just over 16 an hour

fast forward to today and, it's 34 an hour...

Unions rule...........................

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

The government is depressing the ability of the middle and lower class to move up by imposing regulations and laws which stifle the ability of the poor to compete with the well-heeled.

Try starting a business- you have to hire a lawyer to guide you thru the regulations, an accountant to keep the IRS off your back, you are forced to pay a minimum wage which drives up the cost of doing business.

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

inequality-chartbook-all-47-728.jpg
Judging by the years and who was president then Clinton and Obama have REALLY screwed some folks.

I think we all know about the women Slick Willy screwed, why he decided to also screw the poor is curious.

Forum List

Back