The Walking Dead

What is this Boardwalk Empire you all speak of? I must research.

It's nice to see this thread still active.

BE is on HBO I think. We don't get it but you can watch it on sidereel. It's set in Atlantic City, NJ during the prohibition era, mob involvement and all. I heard it was very good.

I'm currently into Dexter. My daughter bought seasons one and two and I'll probably sidereel the remaining episodes (unless I find them on a great sale somewhere).

well finally.....and I have to say, well done. they ended it the only way they could have considering they are bringing it back ( thank god) and didn't want to keep them there, god knows where they go from here.

anyone else notice that the Doctor spoke in Ricks ear for about 15 seconds before they took off? .....thats gonna be key, watch...;)

On Sat., Feb. 19 The American Cinema Editors society announced the winners of the 61st Annual ACE Eddie awards honoring excellence in film and television editing, and The Walking Dead editor Hunter Via walked home with the award for Best Edited One-Hour Series for Commercial Television.

Via, who won for his work on the Season 1 Pilot, "Days Gone Bye", faced down stiff competition for the trophy: Friday Night Lights's Mark Conte; Glee's Bradley Buecker, Doc Crotzer, Joe Leonard and John Roberts; and Kelley Dixon from AMC's own Breaking Bad were also nominated.

AMC will encore the award-winning Pilot episode during its full-series marathon of The Walking Dead on Fri., Mar. 4 beginning at 8/7c.

The Walking Dead Editor Hunter Via Wins ACE Eddie Award - The Walking Dead - AMC

Holy cow, they beat out Friday Night Lights? FNL is superb.

Also this:

This week The Wall Street Journal reports on a pending video game for The Walking Dead while FEARnet features clips from the Season 1 Blu-Ray/DVD bonus material.

• The Wall Street Journal reports on a deal for Telltale Games to develop a The Walking Dead video game series, with Telltale forecasting a $20 million to $30 million franchise based on the undead drama "if all goes well."

• FEARnet has two clips of bonus material from The Walking Dead Season 1 DVD set, out March 8, featuring Frank Darabont, Robert Kirkman and various cast members discussing the series.

• The Walking Dead action figures have generated a flurry of interest, with MTV revealing images of the Michonne and Zombie Lurker figures and chatting with the founder of the company that's making the toys (he reveals there will be "guts in the cavities that you can pull out").

• FEARnet reports that Robert Kirkman is very involved with The Walking Dead action figures and pushed for Daryl's inclusion ("Robert said, 'You have to have Daryl!' He let us know he's a fan favorite."). TV Guide thinks the figures look cool, "but I personally won't be satisfied until I get my Merle Dixon (with removable hand!) figure."

The Walking Dead Gets a Video Game; FEARNet Previews Season 1 DVD Set - The Walking Dead - AMC

Is this show going to come back for a second season? I heard that it wasn't.

Yup. This was announced last November. Have to wait until freakin' October though. Bummer on that.

AMC announced today the renewal of The Walking Dead for a 13-episode second season. Since debuting Sun., Oct. 31, The Walking Dead has broken ratings records, with the series reaching more Adults 18 to 49 than any other show in the history of cable television.

Today's announcement also includes Fox International Channels' (FIC) global renewal for a second season, following record-breaking premiere ratings in 120 countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. The Walking Dead was the highest-rated original series premiere ever to air on FIC simultaneously worldwide.

"The Dead has spread!" said Charlie Collier, President, AMC. "No other cable series has ever attracted as many Adults 18-49 as The Walking Dead. This reaffirms viewers' hunger for premium television on basic cable. We are so proud to be bringing back The Dead again, across the globe."

AMC Resurrects The Walking Dead for a Second Season - The Walking Dead - AMC

Is this show going to come back for a second season? I heard that it wasn't.

Yup. This was announced last November. Have to wait until freakin' October though. Bummer on that.

AMC announced today the renewal of The Walking Dead for a 13-episode second season. Since debuting Sun., Oct. 31, The Walking Dead has broken ratings records, with the series reaching more Adults 18 to 49 than any other show in the history of cable television.

Today's announcement also includes Fox International Channels' (FIC) global renewal for a second season, following record-breaking premiere ratings in 120 countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. The Walking Dead was the highest-rated original series premiere ever to air on FIC simultaneously worldwide.

"The Dead has spread!" said Charlie Collier, President, AMC. "No other cable series has ever attracted as many Adults 18-49 as The Walking Dead. This reaffirms viewers' hunger for premium television on basic cable. We are so proud to be bringing back The Dead again, across the globe."

AMC Resurrects The Walking Dead for a Second Season - The Walking Dead - AMC

Glad to hear that, I was worried they were going to axe it.

Its a horrible sounds title.. but unfortunately i dont have any talk to talk about this movie because i haven't watched it yet.. :-(

Oh, a second season? I'm assuming this is a reality show about most Americans........ No wonder it's doing well.

The Acacemy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror announced today the nominees for this year's 37th annual Saturn Awards, and The Walking Dead was honored with a total of six nominations across categories such as Best Television Presentation, Best Starring Role in Television and Best Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress in Television.

The Walking Dead's nominations are among 11 garnered by AMC this year -- more than any other television network. In the acting categories, Andrew Lincoln (Rick) was nominated for Best Actor in Television. Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori), for her part, was nominated for Best Actress. Their co-stars, Steven Yeun (Glenn) and Laurie Holden (Andrea) received Best Supporting Actor and Actress nods, respectively while Noah Emmerich (Dr. Jenner) received a nod in the Best Starring Role in Television category.

Competing with The Walking Dead and its stars will be such series as ABC's Lost, Fox's Fringe, Showtime's Dexter, HBO's True Blood, and AMC's own Breaking Bad.

The 37th annual Saturn Awards will take place in June in Burbank.

The Walking Dead Receives Six Saturn Award Nominations - The Walking Dead - AMC

Lost? Fringe? Dexter? All great shows definitely worth hunting down and watching!

Robert Kirkman on 'Walking Dead' season two: 'You haven't seen anything yet'

How are things going on season 2?
Great. We’re mapping out everything. We got a lot of cool ideas. Everyone here is mindful of how well received the first season was. We’re breaking our backs, story wise, to make sure the next season is twice is good, or three times as good, with a lot of twists and turns and pushing the envelop of what you can do on TV.

The first season alternated mainly between the camp site and Atlanta. What will the setting be for season 2?
I don’t know if I can go into that, but I know [showrunner Frank Darabont] has said we’re going to see Hershel’s farm. We’re looking to take some picturesque rural landscapes and playing with that and coming up with some cool zombie visuals. We’ll see some of the locations of the first season, but we’re going to mainly focus on breaking new ground. Oh, and we’re going to feature a lava planet.

Of course, the survivors have to stop at Mustafar. How much Rick vs. Shane drama is going to play into season 2?
That’s definitely the core dynamic that’s going on, but there’s a lot of other interesting stuff in the mix. We’re going to seeing a lot of Andrea and a lot more of Laurie.

How much is Frank Darabont writing/directing?
He’s focusing on writing. He’s in writers room every day. I’m writing some episodes and he’s writing some episodes. We’re trying to figure out what we’re doing with the directing right now. The logistics and also being big part of the writers room will limit his time.

Is the great Bear McCreary staying on as composer?
Yes.

And we still have to wait until October?
Yes, that’s pretty public at this point. That’s the target.

The Walking Dead will be at Comic-Con, I assume?
Oh yeah, indeed. We’re going to have a 12-foot-tall zombie costume

I’ve played through Left 4 Dead, so what will the upcoming Walking Dead video game bring new to the genre?
Left 4 Dead is much more focused on action. On of the key aspects of Walking Dead is it focuses on characters and the emotion, and that theme is very much alive in the game, and luckily with modern games you can actually do that.

Anything else you can tease to from about season 2?
We’ve been talking to [zombie effects master] Greg Nicotero a lot about some cool zombie stuff he has planned. As much as this show pushed the envelope of gore on TV, the joy of seeing the best zombies ever done on a TV show every week, all I can say you haven’t seen anything yet.

Robert Kirkman on 'Walking Dead' season two: 'You haven't seen anything yet' | Inside TV | EW.com

That's the target? What? Let me just say right now, they better hit their target!

I do hope the writers incorporate more zombie reality into the situation and scale back on the drama between the characters.

this is so on my schedule tonight. Makes me happy i got my homework done while I was at work!

Please, please, please tell me that someone else watched this. Someone? Anyone?

It was a different view.

During the Vietnam War, the unit earned the name of The Walking Dead for its high casualty rate.[1] The battalion endured the longest sustained combat and suffered the highest killed in action (KIA) rate in Marine Corps history, especially during the Battle of July Two. The battalion was engaged in combat for 47 months and 7 days, from 15 June 1965 to 19 October 1966 and 11 December 1966 to 14 July 1969. Based on a typical battalion strength of 800 Marines and Navy hospital corpsmen, 93.63% (747) were Killed In Action (KIA) and 0.25% (2) were Missing In Action (MIA). 1st bn., 9th Marines

That's the target? What? Let me just say right now, they better hit their target!

I do hope the writers incorporate more zombie reality into the situation and scale back on the drama between the characters.

That exactly what I thought when I read that! Like . . . . target??? They're whole thing is that it premiered on Halloween so that's the tie it to TWD. I'll hunt them down and whack them on the head with a shovel if they miss their target! :eek: :lol:

Please, please, please tell me that someone else watched this. Someone? Anyone?

It was a different view.

During the Vietnam War, the unit earned the name of The Walking Dead for its high casualty rate.[1] The battalion endured the longest sustained combat and suffered the highest killed in action (KIA) rate in Marine Corps history, especially during the Battle of July Two. The battalion was engaged in combat for 47 months and 7 days, from 15 June 1965 to 19 October 1966 and 11 December 1966 to 14 July 1969. Based on a typical battalion strength of 800 Marines and Navy hospital corpsmen, 93.63% (747) were Killed In Action (KIA) and 0.25% (2) were Missing In Action (MIA). 1st bn., 9th Marines

I did not know this, thank for you that information!

This thread, however, is about a tv show called The Walking Dead because it's a show about life after a zombie apocalypse (yuh huh could too happen! lol) and zombies are the walking dead.

Well I paid for the first season; I meant to rent it from Amazon but apparently I really bought it. I dunno if that means they're going to send me dvds? It was only $10, at least that's the button I meant to click, lol..

ANYHOO I did watch it and it had some good stuff. However I lost interest by episode 2. I really don't care if the best friend and the old lady have a fling, and I find gratuitous on screen sex annoying. Who wants to watch that shit when your kids are like 2 steps away? And my daughter LOVES horror and believe me, she doesn't need to watch that shit.

But that's just me personally. But honestly, having to turn the first 10 minutes off the second episode because it OPENS with a sex scene bugs me. And the first episode had the same thing, though I'm not sure it was the first scene. Pretty close, though.

The effects are killer. And I was seriously creeped out whenever someone was being stalked or chased. yuuuuucccckkkk...

There's some SERIOUS OVERACTING. C'mon, peeps, you won't be reeling in Oscars for this, have some fucking fun! Would it kill the leading man to smile once? I found him painfully skinny and just..painful. I get tired of closeups of someone who's having a really day.

Last edited:
Whoops, spoiler alert on the wife/best friend thing.

Whoops, I think I'm making things worse.

Forum List

Back