The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead's Stars Are Back With This Summer's Movies

Norman Reedus (TWD's Daryl), The Conspirator
In Theaters: Currently
The latest offering from Sundance maven Robert Redford is The Conspirator, a period epic detailing the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. Norman Reedus is back playing a troubled Southerner like Daryl. Here he's Lewis Payne, the man hanged for trying to murder the U.S. Secretary of State.

Michael Rooker (TWD's Merle), Super
In Theaters: Currently
Not to be outdone by his on-screen little brother, Michael Rooker is also playing not-so-nice at the movies this month, in IFC Films' Super. In it, Rooker plays Kevin Bacon's crime boss henchman Abe, who spends the flick trying to thwart Rainn Wilson's vigilante superhero.

Noah Emmerich (TWD's Dr. Jenner), Super 8
In Theaters: June 10
Director J.J. Abrams is keeping a tight lid on his alien epic about small-town kids who witness an other-worldly train crash in the '70s. What is known is that The Walking Dead's Dr. Jenner -- Noah Emmerich -- is on the case. He's playing a Colonel Nelec, a man who hopes to have better luck dealing with a crisis than Dr. Jenner did with the zombie apocalypse.

Adrian Kali Turner (TWD's Duane Jones), Bad Teacher
In Theaters: June 24
This raunch-com finds foul-mouthed Cameron Diaz teaching middle school kids while trying to seduce substitute teacher Justin Timberlake. In her ill-fated class is none other than Adrian Kali Turner (a.k.a, Morgan's son Duane). Watch a clip as he gets into a shouting match with gym teacher Jason Segel over whether LeBron James is the next Michael Jordan.

Emma Bell (TWD's Amy), Final Destination 5
In Theaters: August 12
The actress who plays Amy knows better than anyone that you can't cheat death: Even as a resurrected walker she's around only long to hear Andrea say "I love you." So it's fitting that Emma Bell is starring in the fifth installment of Final Destination. In it she plays Molly, whose boyfriend Sam has a premonition about a disaster on a bridge. How long can he save her life?

Lennie James (TWD's Morgan Jones), Colombiana
In Theaters: September 2
Wondering where the man behind Morgan has been since sniping walkers from a bedroom window? Turns out, he's been hunting a stone-cold assassin as Special Agent Ross in Luc Besson's Colombiana. This cat-and-mouse thriller caps off the summer as Zoe Saldana kills scores of people while James pursues her. This time he won't use a shovel.

The Walking Dead's Stars Are Back With This Summer's Movies - The Walking Dead - AMC

I havw the season 1 on dvd, I am going to re watch the whole season back to back on my 2 weeks off in july since I only caught it after tivoing it first time around and it was almost over...

remember; what the guy at CDC whispered to Rick will be key...you heard it here first;)

I havw the season 1 on dvd, I am going to re watch the whole season back to back on my 2 weeks off in july since I only caught it after tivoing it first time around and it was almost over...

remember; what the guy at CDC whispered to Rick will be key...you heard it here first;)

Yup and I hope hear something about that helicoptor Rick saw in Atlanta.

Now aren't those some attractive-looking zombies! Especially their eyes! {{{ shudder }}}

Never in my Life would I wish my summer months away, but I do anxiously await season 2 of TWD as well as (crossing fingers) the 2011-2012 NFL season.

What's it like to film on a deserted stretch of Georgia highway that's littered with cars and dead bodies? The cast and crew of The Walking Dead are all too happy to show you in this new behind-the-scenes video from the set of Season 2. Watch the video now to see Writer/Director/Executive Producer Frank Darabont touring the set; catch up with stars Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes), Jon Bernthal (Shane Walsh) and Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori Grimes); and witness what is perhaps the most awkward post-apocalyptic romance ever as Steven Yeun (Glenn) tries to seduce a rotting corpse.

Video - Behind the Scenes of the First Day of Shooting Season 2 - The Walking Dead - AMC

Ewwww! lol

Today AMC confirmed that actor Pruitt Taylor Vince has been cast to star in Season 2 of The Walking Dead. Vince, the star of such films as Monster, Identity and L.A. Confidential, is set to play Otis, the foreman at Hershel's farm. Otis is described as a good-natured and polite individual, who first meets Rick and the other survivors under harrowing life-and-death circumstances.

AMC Confirms Pruitt Taylor Vince Cast in The Walking Dead Season 2 - The Walking Dead - AMC

What's it like to film on a deserted stretch of Georgia highway that's littered with cars and dead bodies? The cast and crew of The Walking Dead are all too happy to show you in this new behind-the-scenes video from the set of Season 2. Watch the video now to see Writer/Director/Executive Producer Frank Darabont touring the set; catch up with stars Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes), Jon Bernthal (Shane Walsh) and Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori Grimes); and witness what is perhaps the most awkward post-apocalyptic romance ever as Steven Yeun (Glenn) tries to seduce a rotting corpse.

Video - Behind the Scenes of the First Day of Shooting Season 2 - The Walking Dead - AMC

Ewwww! lol

Today AMC confirmed that actor Pruitt Taylor Vince has been cast to star in Season 2 of The Walking Dead. Vince, the star of such films as Monster, Identity and L.A. Confidential, is set to play Otis, the foreman at Hershel's farm. Otis is described as a good-natured and polite individual, who first meets Rick and the other survivors under harrowing life-and-death circumstances.

AMC Confirms Pruitt Taylor Vince Cast in The Walking Dead Season 2 - The Walking Dead - AMC

sorry but I had to look up Pruitt Taylor Vince, I could not even summon a mental image of him....

and what the heck is Hershels farm?

Ewwww! lol

sorry but I had to look up Pruitt Taylor Vince, I could not even summon a mental image of him....

and what the heck is Hershels farm?

I recognized Pruitt Taylor from an X-Files episode and also from an Alias episode. If I remember correctly, he has nystagmus (my son also has this). Nystagmus is an involuntary 'jiggling' or 'movement' of the eye. Taylor's is pretty severe. Watch his eyes when he's on TWD.

As for Hershel's Farm . . .

At the close of season one last year, Rick’s caravan of survivors leaves Atlanta looking for a safe home and survival supplies. Eventually they come across a farm run by a man name Hershel and his family. Hershel Greene is also a former veterinarian, whose medical and horticultural experience comes in handy for the main group. He’s older, maybe 55, and The Walking Dead comic book character is white and fit.

Hershel’s daughter is Maggie, a typical southern farm girl. She’s fond of horses and a skilled rider – which could come in handy when the gas runs out. The character will need an actress in her late teens or early twenties, or at least one who can play that range. Maggie’s comic book equivalent has some romantic entanglements with a current member of the caravan.

The last character on the casting call it Otis, a farmhand employed by Hershel. Otis is a gentle sort, middle-aged, but the casting info reveals that he panics and accidentally shoots a survivor.

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 2 – Hershel’s Farm Casting Info | Screen Rant

Ok, I remember them coming out of the CDC just in the nick of time before it exploded and getting in their vans/cars and all but I don't remember them getting to a farm. I thought it ended with them driving away? Did I miss something or has my brain fried . . . again? lol

I recognized Pruitt Taylor from an X-Files episode and also from an Alias episode. If I remember correctly, he has nystagmus (my son also has this). Nystagmus is an involuntary 'jiggling' or 'movement' of the eye. Taylor's is pretty severe. Watch his eyes when he's on TWD.

As for Hershel's Farm . . .

At the close of season one last year, Rick’s caravan of survivors leaves Atlanta looking for a safe home and survival supplies. Eventually they come across a farm run by a man name Hershel and his family. Hershel Greene is also a former veterinarian, whose medical and horticultural experience comes in handy for the main group. He’s older, maybe 55, and The Walking Dead comic book character is white and fit.

Hershel’s daughter is Maggie, a typical southern farm girl. She’s fond of horses and a skilled rider – which could come in handy when the gas runs out. The character will need an actress in her late teens or early twenties, or at least one who can play that range. Maggie’s comic book equivalent has some romantic entanglements with a current member of the caravan.

The last character on the casting call it Otis, a farmhand employed by Hershel. Otis is a gentle sort, middle-aged, but the casting info reveals that he panics and accidentally shoots a survivor.

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 2 – Hershel’s Farm Casting Info | Screen Rant

Ok, I remember them coming out of the CDC just in the nick of time before it exploded and getting in their vans/cars and all but I don't remember them getting to a farm. I thought it ended with them driving away? Did I miss something or has my brain fried . . . again? lol

exactly, that sounds right..........what friggin farm????

On Sun., Jul. 17th, during the premiere of Season 4 of Breaking Bad, AMC is sneaking a first-look video from the upcoming season of The Walking Dead. Season 1 of The Walking Dead premiered in Oct. 2010 and became the most watched drama series in basic cable history among Adults 18-49.* The Walking Dead tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. Season 4 of Breaking Bad premieres Sun., Jul. 17 at 10PM | 9C.

AMC to Debut First-Look of The Walking Dead During Premiere of Breaking Bad - The Walking Dead - AMC

The farm will be where they end up in the Season two opener.

Really? isn't that too far out in the open? the black guy and his son seemed safer in that house they were in!

I think the gang who left the CDC will end up at the farm in season two.

The black guy (Morgan) and his son (forgot his name!) left the house where they were. Or they were going to leave. Rick broadcasted on the walkie-talkie every morning at a certain time and before they left the outskirts of town and after the zombies attacked them and killed Amy Rick left one last message for Morgan before they headed off for the CDC. I think he left a message for him on the red car too.

Forum List

Back