The Walking Dead

But Rick shot the zombie girl with the doll at the gas station shortly before he was shot and Rick didn't ask 'what the hell was that?' to anyone. He must have known? Yes, I'm still confused. lol

:confused: Rick shot the zombie girl at the gas station after he woke up from the coma.

No he didn't. He shot her first . . . that was the opening scene.

From AMC's website:

On a deserted road, Sheriff's Deputy Rick Grimes pulls his police cruiser past overturned cars to a gas station. Vehicles filled with dead bodies litter the grounds; a sign hanging nearby declares "No Gas."

As Rick searches, he glimpses a little girl and calls to her. Her lips and right cheek have been torn away, blood dripping. She starts toward Rick, growling. As she approaches, Rick draws his gun and shoots her in the head.

Earlier, Rick and his partner Shane eat hamburgers in their car and joke about the differences between men and women. When the conversation turns to Rick's wife Lori, Rick turns somber. He explains that Lori recently accused him of not caring about his family in front of their son, Carl. "The difference between men and women?" Rick says, "I would never say something that cruel to her."

An APB reports a high-speed pursuit in progress. Rick and Shane head to the scene, where they lay down a spike strip. As they wait for the car, a young officer, Leon Bassett, muses about their chances of getting on a police chase reality show.

The car approaches, pursued by two more cruisers. When it hits the spike strip, it flips off the road. Rick approaches the overturned car. Two men emerge from the wreckage; one shoots Rick in his Kevlar vest. The other officers gun them down.

"Shane you do not tell Lori that happened," Rick says after the firefight. His back turned, Rick fails to notice a third gunman crawling from the car. The man fires and hits Rick in the side, where his vest does not protect him. He falls to the ground bleeding, then passes out.

Shane delivers flowers to Rick in the hospital, but Rick isn't fully conscious or at all aware of what's going on.

Rick wakes in the hospital room, unshaven and sweaty. He calls for Shane, then notices the flowers have wilted and died.

The Walking Dead - Episode 101 - AMC

This is why I'm confused. Zombies were around before Rick got shot; he/they knew about them. Otherwise, he would have said something to Shane. I think the virus was just going or had recently gone global when he got shot and he was in a coma for a month . . . but I can't figure six months.

Wait, when Rick shot the zombie girl at the gas station. . . .was that suppose to have happened after he got shot but before he met up with Morgan and Duane?

The shooting of the little girl in the opening was after Rick woke from the comma and then the show when back to the beginning to before the outbreak! This is not rocket science here!

:confused: Rick shot the zombie girl at the gas station after he woke up from the coma.

No he didn't. He shot her first . . . that was the opening scene.

From AMC's website:

On a deserted road, Sheriff's Deputy Rick Grimes pulls his police cruiser past overturned cars to a gas station. Vehicles filled with dead bodies litter the grounds; a sign hanging nearby declares "No Gas."

As Rick searches, he glimpses a little girl and calls to her. Her lips and right cheek have been torn away, blood dripping. She starts toward Rick, growling. As she approaches, Rick draws his gun and shoots her in the head.

Earlier, Rick and his partner Shane eat hamburgers in their car and joke about the differences between men and women. When the conversation turns to Rick's wife Lori, Rick turns somber. He explains that Lori recently accused him of not caring about his family in front of their son, Carl. "The difference between men and women?" Rick says, "I would never say something that cruel to her."

An APB reports a high-speed pursuit in progress. Rick and Shane head to the scene, where they lay down a spike strip. As they wait for the car, a young officer, Leon Bassett, muses about their chances of getting on a police chase reality show.

The car approaches, pursued by two more cruisers. When it hits the spike strip, it flips off the road. Rick approaches the overturned car. Two men emerge from the wreckage; one shoots Rick in his Kevlar vest. The other officers gun them down.

"Shane you do not tell Lori that happened," Rick says after the firefight. His back turned, Rick fails to notice a third gunman crawling from the car. The man fires and hits Rick in the side, where his vest does not protect him. He falls to the ground bleeding, then passes out.

Shane delivers flowers to Rick in the hospital, but Rick isn't fully conscious or at all aware of what's going on.

Rick wakes in the hospital room, unshaven and sweaty. He calls for Shane, then notices the flowers have wilted and died.

The Walking Dead - Episode 101 - AMC

This is why I'm confused. Zombies were around before Rick got shot; he/they knew about them. Otherwise, he would have said something to Shane. I think the virus was just going or had recently gone global when he got shot and he was in a coma for a month . . . but I can't figure six months.

Wait, when Rick shot the zombie girl at the gas station. . . .was that suppose to have happened after he got shot but before he met up with Morgan and Duane?

The shooting of the little girl in the opening was after Rick woke from the comma and then the show when back to the beginning to before the outbreak! This is not rocket science here!

Well, I guess the jig is up that I'm not a rocket scientist. :eek:

I thought the first scene when he shot the little girl at the gas station was that zombie infections had happened, that the show was starting with the premise that this had already occurred and was something they lived/dealt with, but it was not anywhere near a global apocalypse yet. That's how I read it anyway.

Darn good thing I started this thread, so you all can straighten my crooked little head out. Thanks for that!

Last edited:
Sundays are not complete without zombies. It's a fact. So if you're like me and missing 'The Walking Dead,' this video is sure to delight.

In only six episodes the AMC series managed to scare up record Nielsen ratings, a Golden Globe nomination for Best Drama and legions of fans.

If you've never seen the zombie hit based on the comics by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard, let this video be a sweet, blood- and gore-filled tease. Be warned, it's filled with shots to the head with blunt objects, bullets and arrows, and does contain spoilers.

Watch Every Zombie Kill From 'The Walking Dead' Season 1

This is sweet.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afcWyJhsBXo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Just an FYI post.

The Walking Dead, along with Mad Men, Dexter (great show), The Good Wife (another great show) and Boardwalk Empire were all nominated for Golden Globes. Boardwalk Empire won.

Just saw this today. If any TWD fans are in Beverly Hills, here's your chance.

It's good to be dead. Or a vampire. Or a community college student, for that matter. At least that's the case according to the Paley Center for Media, which will pay tribute to The Walking Dead, True Blood, Community and nine other current and past TV shows at its PaleyFest 2011: William S. Paley Television Festival this March at the Saban Theater in Beverly Hills.

The event, now in its 28th year, celebrates the year's best television programming by bringing the casts and creators of the selected shows together with their fans. "We offer television enthusiasts an unrivaled connection with the casts and crews of their favorite series as well as the opportunity to honor media icons and innovators," says Pat Mitchell, president and chief executive officer of the Paley Center.

Tickets for the general public go on sale Sunday, Jan. 23 and can be purchased by going to ticketweb.com. For more information about PaleyFest 2011, go to paleycenter.org.

PaleyFest 2011 Lineup Revealed - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Hard to argue against Broadwalk Empire! Only 6 episodes probably went against The Walking Dead! I will tell you one thing I am sure as hell look forward to 2nd seasons of both shows!

Just an FYI post.

The Walking Dead, along with Mad Men, Dexter (great show), The Good Wife (another great show) and Boardwalk Empire were all nominated for Golden Globes. Boardwalk Empire won.

It's good to be dead. Or a vampire. Or a community college student, for that matter. At least that's the case according to the Paley Center for Media, which will pay tribute to The Walking Dead, True Blood, Community and nine other current and past TV shows at its PaleyFest 2011: William S. Paley Television Festival this March at the Saban Theater in Beverly Hills.

The event, now in its 28th year, celebrates the year's best television programming by bringing the casts and creators of the selected shows together with their fans. "We offer television enthusiasts an unrivaled connection with the casts and crews of their favorite series as well as the opportunity to honor media icons and innovators," says Pat Mitchell, president and chief executive officer of the Paley Center.

Tickets for the general public go on sale Sunday, Jan. 23 and can be purchased by going to ticketweb.com. For more information about PaleyFest 2011, go to paleycenter.org.

I loved The Walking Dead but Boardwalk Empire definitely did deserve to win. Also happy to see Steve Buscemi won a Best Acting trophy. Though I would of been happy as well if Walking Dead won.

I agree with Ghook, can't wait for both shows second seasons.

Hard to argue against Broadwalk Empire! Only 6 episodes probably went against The Walking Dead! I will tell you one thing I am sure as hell look forward to 2nd seasons of both shows!

Just an FYI post.

Boardwalk Empire is the only one I don't watch! But I've heard it was very, very good. I just started watching Dexter on DVD (the college kid watches it). That is quite a different type of show too. I'm totally enjoying it!

The first thing I thought when I heard TWD was nominated was 'they'd better not win, with only 6 episodes'. All those other shows have been on for at least two seasons (BE is in its second season I think) and as much as I love TWD . . . six episodes just doesn't cut it.

If I lived near Beverly Hills I'd buy tickets and go to PaleyFest.

The first thing I thought when I heard TWD was nominated was 'they'd better not win, with only 6 episodes'. All those other shows have been on for at least two seasons (BE is in its second season I think) and as much as I love TWD . . . six episodes just doesn't cut it.

Nope, Boardwalk just finished up it's first season.

They'll be going into their second season. They had 12 episodes in the first, right? That's the one thing about cable shows . . .their seasons are shorter than standard (regular tv) shows.

They'll be going into their second season. They had 12 episodes in the first, right? That's the one thing about cable shows . . .their seasons are shorter than standard (regular tv) shows.

Just watched 3,4,5 & 6 again on AMC! For a Zombie fan like me, this show rocks!

so I have a confession...I have not seen all of WD...

I had tived all of the Epi's...I was down to the last one they arrived at CDC...hes ready to whack himself they show up, after soul searching he opens the door........fade to black.....

I had the last Epi. teed up..and swear to god,...disaster struck- the $%(*%^#@! power supply on my dvr burns up...the hard drive is dead which means everything is gone...I was even toying around wiht the idea of opening the box and juicing the leads with current and trying to DL the saved program file to a thumbdrive....burt theres a warranty issue....anyway.
I cannot find WD on tv for a replay....

so anyone want to tot help old Traj out? and tell me in a lucid timely manner what happened?

you're da bomb I tried to find it on but torrent whatever the helllllll.....am spoiled on tivo, I never look online for shows and am not wise ion these ways,...thank you ZB.

Forum List

Back