The Walking Dead

Quite interesting. Thank God the building self destructed, forcing them to leave. I wasn't at all surprised that Jacqui stayed behind and was glad Dale got Andrea out (that was a given). I was yelling at my television ... "Dale has to leave!!! He can't stay!!!"

I like that the first thing they all did once settled was to get smashed. lol

I'm so glad they showed what happened at the hospital when Rick was in a coma and how Shane truly thought he was dead. Although, Shane listened for Rick's heartbeat literally 3 seconds after the machines went dead. :doubt: They should have had some bit of time in between the power going out and Shane listening for the heartbeat. Ya think? :rolleyes: Still doesn't mean that he has to jump in the sack with Rick's wife.

Ooooo, what do you think Jenner whispered to Rick just before they fled the building?

Best line of the episode? Glen "Dude, you are such a buzzkill man" to Shane. :lol: Spot on. Agreed Zoom!

I thought the season finale was good. Not great, but good.
It's difficult I'm sure, having so many characters in the story line and trying to get it all summed up in 6 episodes. I'm mean really, what's the average length of a tv season ... 13 weeks?

I think they might bump up that release date, since the series has done so well! Now that it has a nice following, I don't think they need another gimmick like Halloween. The show has great ratings and I think they won't want to hurt viewership by too long a delay!

I hope you're right about the release date GHook. A year is a long time to wait for the second season of a new series. And you're right ... using Halloween as a gimick at this point is silly.

Quite interesting. Thank God the building self destructed, forcing them to leave. I wasn't at all surprised that Jacqui stayed behind and was glad Dale got Andrea out (that was a given). I was yelling at my television ... "Dale has to leave!!! He can't stay!!!"

I like that the first thing they all did once settled was to get smashed. lol

I'm so glad they showed what happened at the hospital when Rick was in a coma and how Shane truly thought he was dead. Although, Shane listened for Rick's heartbeat literally 3 seconds after the machines went dead. :doubt: They should have had some bit of time in between the power going out and Shane listening for the heartbeat. Ya think? :rolleyes: Still doesn't mean that he has to jump in the sack with Rick's wife.

Ooooo, what do you think Jenner whispered to Rick just before they fled the building?

Best line of the episode? Glen "Dude, you are such a buzzkill man" to Shane. :lol: Spot on. Agreed Zoom!

I thought the season finale was good. Not great, but good.
It's difficult I'm sure, having so many characters in the story line and trying to get it all summed up in 6 episodes. I'm mean really, what's the average length of a tv season ... 13 weeks?

I thought it was more like 22 episodes spread out over fall/winter/spring? At least for regular tv. Cable shows seem to have much shorter seasons.

Do you think Shane wanted Lori before the apocalypse even happened and, truly believing Rick was a goner, saw an opportunity and took it? Hmmmm . . . . .

z-75.jpg

They can't show a film of a normal man going down on and pleasuring this gorgeous blond on an ordinary movie channel but they can show this kind of disgusting, pathological shit! That says something for the collective American psyche.

The word is sick!

Thank you for your comments. Don't watch the show if you don't like this kind of pathological sick shit!

I thought it was more like 22 episodes spread out over fall/winter/spring? At least for regular tv. Cable shows seem to have much shorter seasons.

Do you think Shane wanted Lori before the apocalypse even happened and, truly believing Rick was a goner, saw an opportunity and took it? Hmmmm . . . . .

Perhaps. It just may be the reason why Shane was acting so jiggy in the police car in the first episode.

As far as the whispering in Rick's ear in the finale .... hmmmmmm. You guys have made some excellent guesses but I'm thinking it's something we haven't thought of yet.

CDC guy said how long since the outbreak, but I don't remember.
He said that it was 194 days (over 6 months) since Wildfire was declared and 63 days since the Walker virus went global.
Indeed. So Rick was in a coma for 6 months +.

He wouldn't have been able to walk. He's been living on nothing but glucose the whole time. Plus, how long had he been without any fluids? When was he last hooked up to a fresh IV? Anything over 3 days, tops, and he'd have died of dehydration. It's the middle of summer in Georgia in a hospital room with no AC.

Just nitpicking. I really love the series. :)

6 months. In a coma. From a gunshot wound . . . to the shoulder? :doubt:

I thought he was in a coma for like 3-4 weeks. I'm confused.

Ah well, sometimes it is moar fun to just enjoy the ride without worrying about the rest.

He said that it was 194 days (over 6 months) since Wildfire was declared and 63 days since the Walker virus went global.

He wouldn't have been able to walk. He's been living on nothing but glucose the whole time. Plus, how long had he been without any fluids? When was he last hooked up to a fresh IV? Anything over 3 days, tops, and he'd have died of dehydration. It's the middle of summer in Georgia in a hospital room with no AC.

Ah well, sometimes it is moar fun to just enjoy the ride without worrying about the rest.

Hold on a minute now .... yeah my kids come in and interrupt the show more times than I can count, but didn't Jenner say he was alone there for a month? Oh wait ... a month after the shit hit the fan at the CDC. Never mind.

I'm going to check out the chat forum on the website today.

Indeed. If you insist on scientific accuracy in entertainment, you're not going to be very entertained.

CDC guy said how long since the outbreak, but I don't remember.

I don't think Rick was in a coma for 6 months. No one can survive being in a coma that long without continued care. With his beard growth and the dead flowers as indicators, my guess is at least a month.

I don't think Rick was in a coma for 6 months. No one can survive being in a coma that long without continued care. With his beard growth and the dead flowers as indicators, my guess is at least a month.
When he was shot, Wildfire had not been declared, because when he woke up, he knew nothing about the zombies.

The flashback of Shane coming to get him out must have happened only a few days before he woke up. That's when the hospital was overrun and when Rick's care was stopped.

When he was shot, Wildfire had not been declared, because when he woke up, he knew nothing about the zombies.

The flashback of Shane coming to get him out must have happened only a few days before he woke up. That's when the hospital was overrun and when Rick's care was stopped.

But Rick shot the zombie girl with the doll at the gas station shortly before he was shot and Rick didn't ask 'what the hell was that?' to anyone. He must have known? Yes, I'm still confused. lol

But Rick shot the zombie girl with the doll at the gas station shortly before he was shot and Rick didn't ask 'what the hell was that?' to anyone. He must have known? Yes, I'm still confused. lol

:confused: Rick shot the zombie girl at the gas station after he woke up from the coma.

:confused: Rick shot the zombie girl at the gas station after he woke up from the coma.

No he didn't. He shot her first . . . that was the opening scene.

From AMC's website:

On a deserted road, Sheriff's Deputy Rick Grimes pulls his police cruiser past overturned cars to a gas station. Vehicles filled with dead bodies litter the grounds; a sign hanging nearby declares "No Gas."

As Rick searches, he glimpses a little girl and calls to her. Her lips and right cheek have been torn away, blood dripping. She starts toward Rick, growling. As she approaches, Rick draws his gun and shoots her in the head.

Earlier, Rick and his partner Shane eat hamburgers in their car and joke about the differences between men and women. When the conversation turns to Rick's wife Lori, Rick turns somber. He explains that Lori recently accused him of not caring about his family in front of their son, Carl. "The difference between men and women?" Rick says, "I would never say something that cruel to her."

An APB reports a high-speed pursuit in progress. Rick and Shane head to the scene, where they lay down a spike strip. As they wait for the car, a young officer, Leon Bassett, muses about their chances of getting on a police chase reality show.

The car approaches, pursued by two more cruisers. When it hits the spike strip, it flips off the road. Rick approaches the overturned car. Two men emerge from the wreckage; one shoots Rick in his Kevlar vest. The other officers gun them down.

"Shane you do not tell Lori that happened," Rick says after the firefight. His back turned, Rick fails to notice a third gunman crawling from the car. The man fires and hits Rick in the side, where his vest does not protect him. He falls to the ground bleeding, then passes out.

Shane delivers flowers to Rick in the hospital, but Rick isn't fully conscious or at all aware of what's going on.

Rick wakes in the hospital room, unshaven and sweaty. He calls for Shane, then notices the flowers have wilted and died.

The Walking Dead - Episode 101 - AMC

This is why I'm confused. Zombies were around before Rick got shot; he/they knew about them. Otherwise, he would have said something to Shane. I think the virus was just going or had recently gone global when he got shot and he was in a coma for a month . . . but I can't figure six months.

Wait, when Rick shot the zombie girl at the gas station. . . .was that suppose to have happened after he got shot but before he met up with Morgan and Duane?

Last edited:

From AMC's website:

On a deserted road, Sheriff's Deputy Rick Grimes pulls his police cruiser past overturned cars to a gas station. Vehicles filled with dead bodies litter the grounds; a sign hanging nearby declares "No Gas."

As Rick searches, he glimpses a little girl and calls to her. Her lips and right cheek have been torn away, blood dripping. She starts toward Rick, growling. As she approaches, Rick draws his gun and shoots her in the head.

Earlier, Rick and his partner Shane eat hamburgers in their car and joke about the differences between men and women. When the conversation turns to Rick's wife Lori, Rick turns somber. He explains that Lori recently accused him of not caring about his family in front of their son, Carl. "The difference between men and women?" Rick says, "I would never say something that cruel to her."

An APB reports a high-speed pursuit in progress. Rick and Shane head to the scene, where they lay down a spike strip. As they wait for the car, a young officer, Leon Bassett, muses about their chances of getting on a police chase reality show.

The car approaches, pursued by two more cruisers. When it hits the spike strip, it flips off the road. Rick approaches the overturned car. Two men emerge from the wreckage; one shoots Rick in his Kevlar vest. The other officers gun them down.

"Shane you do not tell Lori that happened," Rick says after the firefight. His back turned, Rick fails to notice a third gunman crawling from the car. The man fires and hits Rick in the side, where his vest does not protect him. He falls to the ground bleeding, then passes out.

Shane delivers flowers to Rick in the hospital, but Rick isn't fully conscious or at all aware of what's going on.

Rick wakes in the hospital room, unshaven and sweaty. He calls for Shane, then notices the flowers have wilted and died.

This is why I'm confused. Zombies were around before Rick got shot; he/they knew about them. Otherwise, he would have said something to Shane. I think the virus was just going or had recently gone global when he got shot and he was in a coma for a month . . . but I can't figure six months.

Wait, when Rick shot the zombie girl at the gas station. . . .was that suppose to have happened after he got shot but before he met up with Morgan and Duane?
He was in uniform when he shot the little girl zombie. I don't think he put on a uniform at home after he met Morgan; I think he did when they went to the station and showered.

From AMC's website:

He was in uniform when he shot the little girl zombie. I don't think he put on a uniform at home after he met Morgan; I think he did when they went to the station and showered.

I'm pretty sure he killed the Zombie girl when he was on his way to Atlanta when he ran out of gas, before he took the horse. And no I do not think there was Zombies around before Rick got shot, if there was Rick and Shane would have had alot more to bitch about than Ricks marital issues.

I'm pretty sure he killed the Zombie girl when he was on his way to Atlanta when he ran out of gas, before he took the horse.
Yeah, that's right.
And no I do not think there was Zombies around before Rick got shot, if there was Rick and Shane would have had alot more to bitch about than Ricks marital issues.
:lol: Indeed.

Forum List

Back