The Walking Dead

I thought the episode was still good (because it moved along the plot and added an interesting twist with the CDC), but I still thought it was the weakest episode of a great season.

Going to next week. I think the CDC guy is going to cause some troubles! I think he has been isolated for too long. I don't think the blondie has the disease, but I think the CDC guy is going to say she has it and demands she be killed. I don't think Merle is going to make an appearance (that is next season stuff)!

I hope and pray for a good season finale (please not too much of a cliff hanger)!

Agreed!

What I would love is a timeline. How long has it been since the outbreak? How long has the guy at the CDC been alone? Long enough to go bonkers? If it did originate from the CDC, and he was maybe somewhat responsible for the outbreak .... thinking everyone is dead ... I imagine he would be losing it.

CDC guy said how long since the outbreak, but I don't remember.

Is it odd that they didn't encounter any cars along the road on the way to the CDC? Not even a Hostess truck?

LOL ~ A Hostess truck!
What about animals? Honestly, where are the dogs and cats? All eaten? I don't think so!

So far, no animals seem to be susceptible. Think how awful it'd be to have to deal with zombie animals, too.

Shane does not want Rick around, he was pissed to see him come back in the first place. Its only a matter of time until they throw down, look how pissed Shane got when Rick said well if they were your family maybe you would feel differently. Shane feels that his wife and kid are his family now and he wants Rick gone.

I think Shane is also pissed because up until Rick's arrival, he had control over the people and the camp. He called the shots for the most part. Not so much anymore.

Is it odd that they didn't encounter any cars along the road on the way to the CDC? Not even a Hostess truck?

LOL ~ A Hostess truck!
What about animals? Honestly, where are the dogs and cats? All eaten? I don't think so!

So far, no animals seem to be susceptible. Think how awful it'd be to have to deal with zombie animals, too.

The crows in the third installment of Resident Evil comes to mind.

Shane does not want Rick around, he was pissed to see him come back in the first place. Its only a matter of time until they throw down, look how pissed Shane got when Rick said well if they were your family maybe you would feel differently. Shane feels that his wife and kid are his family now and he wants Rick gone.

I think Shane is also pissed because up until Rick's arrival, he had control over the people and the camp. He called the shots for the most part. Not so much anymore.

You are absolutely correct.

Yes it seemed like a foregone conclusion, but sometimes ratings alone don't get a show picked up (Rome comes to mind).

AMC renews 'Walking Dead' for a second season - NYPOST.com

AMC is grateful for its "Dead."

The cable network has re newed freshman series "The Walking Dead" for a second season of 13 episodes -- after only two airings.

That's big news for a show that only received a six-episode order for its first season -- but which has gotten off to a strong start.

The first "Walking Dead" episode averaged 5.3 million viewers, while episode two pulled in 4.7 million viewers this past Sunday night at 10.

It's also averaged more adult 18-49 viewers (over 3 million) than any other first-season cable series, excluding sports.

Okay, I think I have it. The quote I was trying to find from this Sunday's episode.

Rick's up at dawn, on the radio broadcasting a message to Morgan and his son Duane .....

"Do not enter the city. It belongs to the dead now."

Okay, I think I have it. The quote I was trying to find from this Sunday's episode.

Rick's up at dawn, on the radio broadcasting a message to Morgan and his son Duane .....

I really hope Morgan and his son don't go into Atlanta.

I really hope Morgan and his son don't go into Atlanta.

My guess is we're going to have to wait until October 2011 to find out. Damn. That's a long time!

Getting back to the camp for a moment ... If I had been a member of that group, I would have insisted on having all the vehicles lined up in a row, ready to take off in a moments notice. Instead they leave them parked on the side of the dirt road, one facing two others. Think of the time wasted in trying to turn around while zombies are attacking.

I mention this because I'm hopeful the new writers coming in will make some changes. I can easily forgo some of the emotional drama between characters for more reality of the survival situation these people find themselves in.

Getting back to the camp for a moment ... If I had been a member of that group, I would have insisted on having all the vehicles lined up in a row, ready to take off in a moments notice. Instead they leave them parked on the side of the dirt road, one facing two others. Think of the time wasted in trying to turn around while zombies are attacking.

I mention this because I'm hopeful the new writers coming in will make some changes. I can easily forgo some of the emotional drama between characters for more reality of the survival situation these people find themselves in.

I agree with the survival stuff. I mean, how many times have members of the camp been to town and they never seem to come back with provisions (except for the guns). I mean . . . aren't there any grocery stores in town? They didn't even have any t.p. Why wouldn't they take non-perishable items, including food, from all the homes that are now vacant? I get they can't exactly stockpile shit but, come on. I see no reason for these folks to be starving. Then again, they did chose to stay on the outskirts to avoid the zombies. heh, that didn't work out too well now did it?

On a writers note . . .

Robert Kirkman Says 'The Walking Dead' Writers Weren't Fired

Kirkman told tvguide.com that this week's report in deadline.com was "premature," and said "It's kind of unfortunate that it's being reported that our writing staff has been fired because that's not the case. ... It makes Frank look bad. I don't think Frank wants it out there that he's just firing people off of a successful show."

According to Kirkman, what really happened was that Darabont's "go-to guy," executive producer and writer Charles "Chic" Eglee ('Dexter,' 'Dark Angel') chose to leave the series after Darabont decided to stay on for Season 2. The original deal had been that Darabont would be showrunner for Season 1 and then move on, leaving room for Eglee to take over.

When Darabont changed his mind, however, and decided to stay put, Eglee quit. "Chic Eglee is a high-level television writer. He was brought onto 'The Walking Dead' with the idea that Frank was going to work on the first season and then go off and do movies," Kirkman says. "Chic didn't want to be second-in-command on a show when he's used to being a top dog, and so he decided to go off and do something else, which is something that happens and is not a big deal."

Kirkman says he's excited to continue working with Darabont, and credits him with creating a unique vision for the show. But what about reports that 'The Walking Dead' would be hiring-in freelance writers for Season 2? All Kirkman will say for now is that it's too soon to tell.

"It's a little premature to be nailing down. I don't know if it's going to be a freelance situation or if we're going to have writers in a writers' room," he said. "That's something that's being worked on now."

Robert Kirkman Says 'The Walking Dead' Writers Weren't Fired

Before Rick showed up, if you were a person at the camp and if Shane didn't like your idea, it would not happen. Just like when Ricks wife wanted to put signs up warning people not to go to Atlanta, Shane vetoed her because he said it wasn't safe and there was no time.

okay i watched it....

i just dont get it and i like zombie stuff

i think my problem is i just saw the last show....i will try to catch reruns

Excellent season finale. Perhaps my favorite episode all year, had me on my edge of the seat until the end. Quite the fitting song at the end too.

For those who were wondering, it's Tomorrow is a Long Time by Bob Dylan.

Finally found a use for that grenade LOL. The episode went by too fast, but it was a good'n. :thup:

I'm surprised they didn't make it a 2 hour job but for all the producers knew it could have beena flop from the git-go.

And now... the wait begins...

Forum List

Back