The Walking Dead

The season finale was excellent, I wonder what the Doc was whispering in Ricks ears before they left the CDC? its gonna be a long wait until the next season.

Quite interesting. Thank God the building self destructed, forcing them to leave. I wasn't at all surprised that Jacqui stayed behind and was glad Dale got Andrea out (that was a given).

I like that the first thing they all did once settled was to get smashed. lol

I'm so glad they showed what happened at the hospital when Rick was in a coma and how Shane truly thought he was dead. Although, Shane listened for Rick's heartbeat literally 3 seconds after the machines went dead. :doubt: They should have had some bit of time in between the power going out and Shane listening for the heartbeat.

Ooooo, what do you think Jenner whispered to Rick just before they fled the building?

Best line of the episode? Glen "Dude, you are such a buzzkill man" to Shane. :lol: Spot on.

The season finale was excellent, I wonder what the Doc was whispering in Ricks ears before they left the CDC? its gonna be a long wait until the next season.

I wouldn't say excellent. It was good not great! They answered at little about zombieism effects on the living. They answered the fact that there is probably no cure, but Frogs (French might have been close). They answered the question if there was any government left, including the US (the answer appears to be NO). They showed what happened in the hospital. The showed the the deputy didn't just leave Rick to die. In fact, he saved his life and had very mixed emotions about leaving him behind. He had every right to think Rick was dead!

However, they didn't answer much after that. It was slow moving and no killer action scenes.

I guess we will have to wait until next season to see the black guy and his son and Merle's appearance. I also don't think we saw the end of the Latino guy! He was a pretty compelling character and very likable!

All and all, season 1 got me hooked, it was great! 6 episodes was way too short! I mean they just started getting the story off the ground and its over.

I think Jenner either told Rick another place they could possibly go, or maybe what happened between Shane and Ricks wife? maybe Jenner was watching on the cameras and saw what went down when Shane came onto her drunk?

I wouldn't say excellent. It was good not great! They answered at little about zombieism effects on the living. They answered the fact that there is probably no cure, but Frogs (French might have been close). They answered the question if there was any government left, including the US (the answer appears to be NO). They showed what happened in the hospital. The showed the the deputy didn't just leave Rick to die. In fact, he saved his life and had very mixed emotions about leaving him behind. He had every right to think Rick was dead!

However, they didn't answer much after that. It was slow moving and no killer action scenes.

I guess we will have to wait until next season to see the black guy and his son and Merle's appearance. I also don't think we saw the end of the Latino guy! He was a pretty compelling character and very likable!

All and all, season 1 got me hooked, it was great! 6 episodes was way too short! I mean they just started getting the story off the ground and its over.

I wish they could have done a 2 hour season finale to get more in depth on what happened, maybe the group will try and follow the Latin guy and his family to Birmingham in the next season? there really aren't that many place this group can go.

Ooooo, what do you think Jenner whispered to Rick just before they fled the building?

My guess it's one of three things: (1) The Good Doctor has cameras everywhere and saw the deputy try to get some off his wife, (2) Where there might be a settlement and protection from the Dead or (3) Where there might be supplies near by!

I'm inclined to think that maybe what Jenner whispered into Rick's ear had to do with the origin of the virus (government?) or something along those lines.

I don't know how Jenner figures there isn't anything else out there. All communications were shut down but just because he wasn't contacted doesn't mean there's no one else or that it's hopeless. Others are out there (the black helicopter). Rick found Glen and the nursing home folks. They are not alone.

I really wish they weren't so set on another 'Halloween' release of season two. Gaaaaa . . . . .

I'm inclined to think that maybe what Jenner whispered into Rick's ear had to do with the origin of the virus (government?) or something along those lines.

I don't know how Jenner figures there isn't anything else out there. All communications were shut down but just because he wasn't contacted doesn't mean there's no one else or that it's hopeless. Others are out there (the black helicopter). Rick found Glen and the nursing home folks. They are not alone.

I really wish they weren't so set on another 'Halloween' release of season two. Gaaaaa . . . . .

Well Jenner did lose his wife and was down there in the CDC by himself for a long time, I think he finally had enough and was at the end of his rope.

I don't think he whispered it being the US government. I do think you have a point about their might be some type of government out there.

I think they might bump up that release date, since the series has done so well! Now that it has a nice following, I don't think they need another gimmick like Halloween. The show has great ratings and I think they won't want to hurt viewership by too long a delay!

I'd like to state for the record, that I did my best to stay up late last night to watch the (short) season finale. But I just couldn't. With the football game tonight, I had to weigh out which day was best for sleep deprivation.

It is extremely difficult to watch this thread come up to the top of the New Posts page, and not be able to read and comment along with y'all. I have plans to sit tonight before the game, and watch. ( fingers crossed )

z-75.jpg

They can't show a film of a normal man going down on and pleasuring this gorgeous blond on an ordinary movie channel but they can show this kind of disgusting, pathological shit! That says something for the collective American psyche.

The word is sick!

z-75.jpg

They can't show a film of a normal man going down on and pleasuring this gorgeous blond on an ordinary movie channel but they can show this kind of disgusting, pathological shit! That says something for the collective American psyche.

The word is sick!

I agree. Her facial expression isn't nearly painful enough.

Is it odd that they didn't encounter any cars along the road on the way to the CDC? Not even a Hostess truck?

LOL ~ A Hostess truck!
What about animals? Honestly, where are the dogs and cats? All eaten? I don't think so!

I thought the lack of animals was weird too. And the living are hungry . . so why don't they stop at a gas station or grocery store and grab some Ho-Hos or Slim Jims and drinks? Is the outskirts of Atlanta really that barren? :doubt:
Animals sense danger. Animals and earthquakes for example. Remember the horse went nuts as Rick encountered those Walkers on the bus a couple minutes before he ran into the main horde? As for stopping at gas station/grocery stores, i'm sure they think of that, but i'm guessing that after 6 months, all the food have already been taken or is spoiled.

I'm so glad they showed what happened at the hospital when Rick was in a coma and how Shane truly thought he was dead. Although, Shane listened for Rick's heartbeat literally 3 seconds after the machines went dead. :doubt: They should have had some bit of time in between the power going out and Shane listening for the heartbeat.
That was an intense scene. It would have been nice if they had put a "6 months earlier" notice up on the screen though.

The location of a safe place perhaps. Maybe supporting Shane's theory on Fort Benning being a safe shelter.

CDC guy said how long since the outbreak, but I don't remember.
He said that it was 194 days (over 6 months) since Wildfire was declared and 63 days since the Walker virus went global.
Indeed. So Rick was in a coma for 6 months +.

He wouldn't have been able to walk. He's been living on nothing but glucose the whole time. Plus, how long had he been without any fluids? When was he last hooked up to a fresh IV? Anything over 3 days, tops, and he'd have died of dehydration. It's the middle of summer in Georgia in a hospital room with no AC.

Just nitpicking. I really love the series. :)

Forum List

Back