The Walking Dead

On one of the Walking Dead sites a few people who have read the comic books have said that big changes are acomin'! Patience . . . . .

I enjoyed this episode. BUT, I'm annoyed that so much hand-wringing is being done over Carl's misfortune vs. little Sophie who is likely by now a zombie. Really? Blarg.

My favorite part in this episode? When the zombie was just about to nom on Andrea and POW!, right in the noggin' by the woman on the horse then THWUP, arrow shot to the head by Daryl after the zombie sits back up and Daryl says 'shut up'. :lol: Excellent!

I just don't think they are going to find the girl, if they have not done so already. A little girl cannot last days in the woods alone with Zombies roaming around, its just not realistic.

Oh I don't either but they didn't seem nearly as upset over her gone missing . . . even the mom, imo. . . as they do about Carl getting shot. I know, I know ... Carl's more of a main character and all. I wonder how Shane and the other guy will get out of the trailer?

The other guy -- the guy who shot Carl and who is with Shane -- try and notice his eyes when he talks. He has nystagmus (an involuntary jiggling/movement of the eyes). My son has it. If you don't know what it is it can look kinda creepy!

Just caught the first two episodes (I was on vacation in Orlando for 10 days). The show is awesome. It's starting off perfectly. It's like a mini-movie every week.

I will admit seeing the bloodied baby carrier really upset me.

*****SPOILER****

Predictions for Week 3:
(1) The fat guy scarifices himself for Shane to escape and becomes a human super-sized happy meal.
(2) Carl is saved by the doctor (they aren't killing any kids this soon).
(3) Lori is indebted and very grateful to Shane and it starts to become apparent that she is in love with Shane (that was the reason for the flashback scene - where Lori tells a friend she doesn't know if she still love Rick).
(4) Shane remains with the group.
(5) Andrea and Daryl start to get closer, as Andrea seeks safety with Daryl.
(6) Sophia appears as a Zombie and eats her mother!

Last edited:
On one of the Walking Dead sites a few people who have read the comic books have said that big changes are acomin'! Patience . . . . .

I enjoyed this episode. BUT, I'm annoyed that so much hand-wringing is being done over Carl's misfortune vs. little Sophie who is likely by now a zombie. Really? Blarg.

My favorite part in this episode? When the zombie was just about to nom on Andrea and POW!, right in the noggin' by the woman on the horse then THWUP, arrow shot to the head by Daryl after the zombie sits back up and Daryl says 'shut up'. :lol: Excellent!

I just don't think they are going to find the girl, if they have not done so already. A little girl cannot last days in the woods alone with Zombies roaming around, its just not realistic.

Oh I don't either but they didn't seem nearly as upset over her gone missing . . . even the mom, imo. . . as they do about Carl getting shot. I know, I know ... Carl's more of a main character and all. I wonder how Shane and the other guy will get out of the trailer?

The other guy -- the guy who shot Carl and who is with Shane -- try and notice his eyes when he talks. He has nystagmus (an involuntary jiggling/movement of the eyes). My son has it. If you don't know what it is it can look kinda creepy!

I think reality is starting to set in that this girl is gone, and they better not get mad at Sheriff Rick, he did everything he could and I didn't see anyone else helping him.

Just caught the first two episodes (I was on vacation in Orlando for 10 days). The show is awesome. It's starting off perfectly. It's like a mini-movie every week.

*****SPOILER****

Predictions for Week 3:
(1) The fat guy scarifices himself for Shane to escape and becomes a human super-sized happy meal.
(3) Lori is indebted and very grateful to Shane and it starts to become apparent that she is in love with Shane (that was the reason for the flashback scene - where Lori tells a friend she doesn't know if she still love Rick).

Wasn't that gruesome? :eek:

Yipee!

AMC announced today the renewal of The Walking Dead for a third season. Season 2 continues to deliver the strongest telecasts for any drama in basic cable history against Adults 18-49 shattering a basic cable record set nearly 10 years ago for a single drama telecast (The Dead Zone). The Walking Dead is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. Glen Mazzara serves as series' showrunner. Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert and Frank Darabont are executive producers. Greg Nicotero is a co-executive producer.

AMC Renews The Walking Dead for a Third Season - The Walking Dead - AMC

*****SPOILER****

Predictions for Week 3:

Wasn't that gruesome? :eek:

Disturbing is the better word! But in a reality of a zombie invasion, babies would be overly vulnerable as would the elderly and fatties! I think Zombieland put it perfectly, "When the Zombies started to eat people the fatties were the first to go!"

Yipee!

AMC announced today the renewal of The Walking Dead for a third season. Season 2 continues to deliver the strongest telecasts for any drama in basic cable history against Adults 18-49 shattering a basic cable record set nearly 10 years ago for a single drama telecast (The Dead Zone). The Walking Dead is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. Glen Mazzara serves as series' showrunner. Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert and Frank Darabont are executive producers. Greg Nicotero is a co-executive producer.

Not surprised! Season 2 debute broke records. 7.3 million viewers!!! I am surprised it wasn't picked up for a 3rd and 4th season!

‘The Walking Dead’ Premiere Shatters Cable Demo Ratings Records, Draws 7.3 Million Total Viewers – Deadline.com
4.8 million viewers in Adults 18-49
4.2 million viewers in Adults 25-54
7.3 million total viewers for premiere
11 million total viewers for the night

The 18-49 and 25-54 tallies broke basic cable’s previous records posted by the premiere of USA Network’s The Dead Zone in June 2002 (4.0 million in 18-49, 4.1 million in 25-54). Compared with Walking Dead‘s highly rated series premiere last year (5.2 million total viewers, 3.5 million in 18-49), the Season 2 opener was up a whopping 38% in total viewers, 36% in 18-49 and 35% in 25-54. With the 9 PM airing and the 10:30 PM and 12:30 AM encores, the Walking Dead premiere drew a total of 11 million viewers. “The Walking Dead is one of those rare television programs that reaches both a core genre fan as well as broad audiences simply looking for a great, character-based story,” said AMC president Charlie Collier.

Yipee!

Fuckin A. :thup:

A technical point that jumped out at me with the baby carrier in the back seat, the blood looked wet - which made no sense. The corpses we've seen in the other vehicles are your typical pale, dehydrated, decomposing dead bodies...

...................... and the blood in the baby carrier is wet?

...............................seemed odd.

>>>>

There's quite a few of them just released....

*****SPOILER****

Predictions for Week 3:

Excellent predictions GHook!

These are the ones I found most interesting but there's more at the link.

Story Notes for The Walking Dead Season 2 Premiere, "What Lies Ahead"

Every Friday at 10/9c AMC presents The Walking Dead Story Notes -- real-time on-air trivia about the most recent episode of AMC's zombie series. Tonight's episode is Season 2 Episode 1, "What Lies Ahead."

Automotive Notes
Daryl Dixon rides a '71 Triumph motorcycle with a '69 motor. Coincidentally, Norman Reedus, who plays Daryl, once worked in a motorcycle shop.

Award Notes
The first season was nominated for 3 Emmys, 5 Saturns, and a Golden Globe.

Quote Notes
Notice they never call them "zombies" in this series.

Set Notes
There are about 120 extras playing walkers in one scene in this episode.

Most cars are too low to the ground for people to squeeze under. So the director said they used "soccer mom cars and redneck trucks" for this scene.

Madison Lintz (Sophia) says she was scared of the zombies until she actually talked to one on the set.
Featured zombies are nicknamed "hero zombies."

The cast and crew used peppermint soap to keep ticks and mosquitoes away on location.

Undead Notes
As a rule, the zombies in The Walking Dead can move only as fast as the original zombies in Night of the Living Dead (1968), the George A. Romero classic that started it all.

This episode is the first time the survivors have seen zombies moving in a "herd."

Story Notes for The Walking Dead Season 2 Premiere, "What Lies Ahead" - The Walking Dead - AMC

These are the ones I found most interesting but there's more at the link.

Story Notes for The Walking Dead Season 2 Premiere, "What Lies Ahead"

Every Friday at 10/9c AMC presents The Walking Dead Story Notes -- real-time on-air trivia about the most recent episode of AMC's zombie series. Tonight's episode is Season 2 Episode 1, "What Lies Ahead."

Automotive Notes
Daryl Dixon rides a '71 Triumph motorcycle with a '69 motor. Coincidentally, Norman Reedus, who plays Daryl, once worked in a motorcycle shop.

Award Notes
The first season was nominated for 3 Emmys, 5 Saturns, and a Golden Globe.

Quote Notes
Notice they never call them "zombies" in this series.

Set Notes
There are about 120 extras playing walkers in one scene in this episode.

Most cars are too low to the ground for people to squeeze under. So the director said they used "soccer mom cars and redneck trucks" for this scene.

Madison Lintz (Sophia) says she was scared of the zombies until she actually talked to one on the set.
Featured zombies are nicknamed "hero zombies."

The cast and crew used peppermint soap to keep ticks and mosquitoes away on location.

Undead Notes
As a rule, the zombies in The Walking Dead can move only as fast as the original zombies in Night of the Living Dead (1968), the George A. Romero classic that started it all.

This episode is the first time the survivors have seen zombies moving in a "herd."

Story Notes for The Walking Dead Season 2 Premiere, "What Lies Ahead" - The Walking Dead - AMC

In red, they seemed to move much much faster in season 2, which I like. It adds to the trill and excite. They seem to almost run in seasn 2.

In sandy brown, I think this is important. I think the Walkers travel mostly in packs, since large number are their main advantage and only an attack by a herd could reasonably explain how they took over the world!

Yeah no kiddin'. Why didn't he shoot him in the head. No, he wounds him then gets into a tussle that wastes precious seconds then he watches his buddy get eaten allive. Geez.
Who's writing this season's scripts anyway.

Yeah no kiddin'. Why didn't he shoot him in the head. No, he wounds him then gets into a tussle that wastes precious seconds then he watches his buddy get eaten allive. Geez.
Who's writing this season's scripts anyway.

Maybe he wanted the guy to suffer? thats the only thing I can think of, Shane should know better.

How did I do? Answer in red.

Predictions for Week 3:
(1) The fat guy scarifices himself for Shane to escape and becomes a human super-sized happy meal. - Well the Otis became a human happy meal, but it wasn't a self-scarifice, it was Shane double-crossing! I didn't see that one coming. I thought Shane had morals, Rick and Lori better watch out.
(2) Carl is saved by the doctor (they aren't killing any kids this soon). Easy call
(3) Lori is indebted and very grateful to Shane and it starts to become apparent that she is in love with Shane (that was the reason for the flashback scene - where Lori tells a friend she doesn't know if she still love Rick). Didn't happen yet, might happen later. It appears Rick is indebted though.
(4) Shane remains with the group. It looks like for the time being.
(5) Andrea and Daryl start to get closer, as Andrea seeks safety with Daryl. That stroll through the woods looked like a connect, if not great chemistry
(6) Sophia appears as a Zombie and eats her mother! Didn't happen, maybe next week?

Forum List

Back