The Walking Dead

Yeah no kiddin'. Why didn't he shoot him in the head. No, he wounds him then gets into a tussle that wastes precious seconds then he watches his buddy get eaten allive. Geez.
Who's writing this season's scripts anyway.

It added to the back stabbery to see Otis eaten alive. Shane might have thought the Walkers might have moved on if it wasn't a live victim. Notice all the bodies on the highway that the Walkers didn't touch. I think they just opened up Shane's character as a ruthless selft-preservationalist.

How did I do? Answer in red.

Predictions for Week 3:
(1) The fat guy scarifices himself for Shane to escape and becomes a human super-sized happy meal. - Well the Otis became a human happy meal, but it wasn't a self-scarifice, it was Shane double-crossing! I didn't see that one coming. I thought Shane had morals, Rick and Lori better watch out.
(2) Carl is saved by the doctor (they aren't killing any kids this soon). Easy call
(3) Lori is indebted and very grateful to Shane and it starts to become apparent that she is in love with Shane (that was the reason for the flashback scene - where Lori tells a friend she doesn't know if she still love Rick). Didn't happen yet, might happen later. It appears Rick is indebted though.
(4) Shane remains with the group. It looks like for the time being.
(5) Andrea and Daryl start to get closer, as Andrea seeks safety with Daryl. That stroll through the woods looked like a connect, if not great chemistry
(6) Sophia appears as a Zombie and eats her mother! Didn't happen, maybe next week?

Morals start crumbling in situations like this, if Shane didn't kill Otis they both would have been killed by the walkers, they were out of bullets and because of Shanes twisted ankle they could not run very far.

Yeah no kiddin'. Why didn't he shoot him in the head. No, he wounds him then gets into a tussle that wastes precious seconds then he watches his buddy get eaten allive. Geez.

It added to the back stabbery to see Otis eaten alive. Shane might have thought the Walkers might have moved on if it wasn't a live victim. Notice all the bodies on the highway that the Walkers didn't touch. I think they just opened up Shane's character as a ruthless selft-preservationalist.

I was actually thinking the same thing last night, walkers seem more attracted to live humans than dead ones. If Shane had just shot him in the head some of the walkers would probably have followed him.

I was actually thinking the same thing last night, walkers seem more attracted to live humans than dead ones. If Shane had just shot him in the head some of the walkers would probably have followed him.

If these guys would have invested in a good Katana Sword! Then on the bleachers they could sliced each one of them in the head one by one!

Was it payback for Carl getting shot? Or was it pure survival instinct?
Definitely not payback. Rather it was pure survival. You could see it in Shane's face when he did it, regretted having to do it, but Otis was running out of gas and Shane twisted ache wasn't getting him too far. I was hoping that when Andrea went to Shane about going with him when he leaves that they would start a romance. That way the tension btw Shane and Lori and an unknowing Rick subdue.

What will now stop him from turning his gun on another member of the group?
That is why I say Rick and Lori better watch their backs, esp Rick!

Last edited:
Shaaaaaane!!!! wtFFF? You bastard.

If it was payback I think he would have tried to kill Otis when he had more bullets left than 1, he had to struggle with that fat bastard for a minute after he shot him.

Shaaaaaane!!!! wtFFF? You bastard.

If it was payback I think he would have tried to kill Otis when he had more bullets left than 1, he had to struggle with that fat bastard for a minute after he shot him.

I want my baby back .. baby back .. baby back ... ribs.

Definitely not payback. Rather it was pure survival. You could see it in Shane's face when he did it, regretted having to do it, but Otis was running out of gas and Shane twisted ache wasn't getting him too far. I was hoping that when Andrea went to Shane about going with him when he leaves that they would start a romance. That way the tension btw Shane and Lori and an unknowing Rick subdue.

Good point, Shane already drew his gun on Rick before when they were in the woods in season 1, Del even saw him.

Good point, Shane already drew his gun on Rick before when they were in the woods in season 1, Del even saw him.

he did???!!?

he did???!!?

Yes he did when Ricks back was turned, it was when they were in the woods and they had just had an argument and Shane said he looked after Ricks family like they were his own. I don't remember what episode it was though.

Zombies ONLY eat the living. Had Shane shot poor Otis in the head the zombies would have quickly realized that Otis was not alive and come after Shane. Remember, the reason the zombies are eating isn't to survive - they can't die unless double tapped in the head - it's to spread the virus. The virus can only survive/exist if its spread to and infects other living beings.

When you first saw the scratch on Shane's head as he was in the bathroom remembering what happened, who else thought he'd gotten scratched by a walker? I was wondering what all the scratches were on his arm and neck were from. I so didn't see his betraying Otis coming.

Last edited:
Zombies ONLY eat the living. Had Shane shot poor Otis in the head the zombies would have quickly realized that Otis was not alive and come after Shane. Remember, the reason the zombies are eating isn't to survive - they can't die unless double tapped in the head - it's to spread the virus. The virus can only survive/exist if its spread to and infects other living beings.

When you first saw the scratch on Shane's head as he was in the bathroom remembering what happened, who else thought he'd gotten scratched by a walker? I was wondering what all the scratches were on his arm and neck were from. I so didn't see his betraying Otis coming.

I agree, I was somewhat shocked. That was until it went to the flashback scene and I saw the two moving very slowly, running out of bullets and the Walkers right behind them!

I kind of disagree with this comment as it does not make logical sense. Walkers will eat the freshly dead as has been shown numerous times in the show. When a group of walkers kills someone, they don't stop when the person dies they continue to feed. Once a person dies, then that logic would mean they stop so the virus can spread.

Then just last night with the zombie that hung himself. Normally you die when get hung (and continue to hang), yet the flesh from the legs was eaten from the presumably fresh corpse prior to reanimation.

>>>>

I kind of disagree with this comment as it does not make logical sense. Walkers will eat the freshly dead as has been shown numerous times in the show. When a group of walkers kills someone, they don't stop when the person dies they continue to feed. Once a person dies, then that logic would mean they stop so the virus can spread.

Then just last night with the zombie that hung himself. Normally you die when get hung (and continue to hang), yet the flesh from the legs was eaten from the presumably fresh corpse prior to reanimation.

>>>>

Do they eat the freshly dead who have died by their own/others hand or by an accident? I didn't think they did. They will eat a living human and continue to feast . . . for how long? Until the person dies I think? Otherwise, if they kept eating and eating the corpse when the corpse did reanimate they wouldn't be able to get about to eat a living being and spread the virus because there wouldn't be anything left of the body. They'd be stuck where they were. Otis was still alive when Shane left that's why they were still eating him. Once he dies I thought they stopped nomming.

For they guy hanging in the tree . . . he'd been bit but hung himself before the symptoms started. I assumed he didn't hang himself correctly and never died from that, which is why the zombies nommed the skin off his legs until he 'died' (then became a zombie). Or, the note said he'd be bitten so maybe the guy managed to climb up the tree and hang himself but the zombies munched on his legs for that period of time between the guy dangling there and dying. They could rip a lot of flesh off his legs in those few minutes. Doesn't it take several minutes to die via hanging because unless you do it right (so your neck snaps and you die instantly), you basically just suffocate.

I thought the zombie had to be the cause of death of its victim, rather than coming upon a freshly dead body that has died from another cause. If the body was already dead from say a gunshot wound, a zombie eating it wouldn't cause its death and therefore the dead person wouldn't turn into a zombie, roaming about to create more zombies. It would be a waste of a good nom.

Those killed by or infected by zombies in turn into zombies themselves.

The zombies are usually bestial, motivated by a need to consume living humans or at least fulfill an imperative to retransmit an infection by biting or clawing their victims.

http://www.zombiehub.com/zombie-apocalypse.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back