The Walking Dead

I am watching the episode right now, so I have to ask, did anyone else get these F%king recap notes quotes and crap on their TV screen during the show? how in the hell do you turn this crap off?!:evil:

Yeah no kiddin'. Why didn't he shoot him in the head. No, he wounds him then gets into a tussle that wastes precious seconds then he watches his buddy get eaten allive. Geez.
Who's writing this season's scripts anyway.
A bullet to the head would leave a hole in the skull. If Otis' wife insisted on recovering his remains for burial, Shane's act would be discovered.

I kinda figured Shane had winged Otis. He looked awful damn guilty up until the revelation.

Zombies ONLY eat the living. Had Shane shot poor Otis in the head the zombies would have quickly realized that Otis was not alive and come after Shane. Remember, the reason the zombies are eating isn't to survive - they can't die unless double tapped in the head - it's to spread the virus. The virus can only survive/exist if its spread to and infects other living beings.

I kind of disagree with this comment as it does not make logical sense. Walkers will eat the freshly dead as has been shown numerous times in the show. When a group of walkers kills someone, they don't stop when the person dies they continue to feed. Once a person dies, then that logic would mean they stop so the virus can spread.

Then just last night with the zombie that hung himself. Normally you die when get hung (and continue to hang), yet the flesh from the legs was eaten from the presumably fresh corpse prior to reanimation.

>>>>

I think a live person would definently attract more attention though, if Shane had blasted Otis in the head and his body just flopped to the ground, I think some walkers would probably have eaten Otis but at the same time I think some of the walkers would have still went after Shane because he would still be moving while Otis would be laying on the ground not moving, the walkers seem more attracted to moving things that make noise than to dead things.

I saw an episode and it's just another zombie story line.

Hide from them and shoot them in the head.

Hardly original.

Zombies ONLY eat the living. Had Shane shot poor Otis in the head the zombies would have quickly realized that Otis was not alive and come after Shane. Remember, the reason the zombies are eating isn't to survive - they can't die unless double tapped in the head - it's to spread the virus. The virus can only survive/exist if its spread to and infects other living beings.

I kind of disagree with this comment as it does not make logical sense. Walkers will eat the freshly dead as has been shown numerous times in the show. When a group of walkers kills someone, they don't stop when the person dies they continue to feed. Once a person dies, then that logic would mean they stop so the virus can spread.

Then just last night with the zombie that hung himself. Normally you die when get hung (and continue to hang), yet the flesh from the legs was eaten from the presumably fresh corpse prior to reanimation.

>>>>

Do they eat the freshly dead who have died by their own/others hand or by an accident? I didn't think they did. They will eat a living human and continue to feast . . . for how long? Until the person dies I think? Otherwise, if they kept eating and eating the corpse when the corpse did reanimate they wouldn't be able to get about to eat a living being and spread the virus because there wouldn't be anything left of the body. They'd be stuck where they were. Otis was still alive when Shane left that's why they were still eating him. Once he dies I thought they stopped nomming.

For they guy hanging in the tree . . . he'd been bit but hung himself before the symptoms started. I assumed he didn't hang himself correctly and never died from that, which is why the zombies nommed the skin off his legs until he 'died' (then became a zombie). Or, the note said he'd be bitten so maybe the guy managed to climb up the tree and hang himself but the zombies munched on his legs for that period of time between the guy dangling there and dying. They could rip a lot of flesh off his legs in those few minutes. Doesn't it take several minutes to die via hanging because unless you do it right (so your neck snaps and you die instantly), you basically just suffocate.

I thought the zombie had to be the cause of death of its victim, rather than coming upon a freshly dead body that has died from another cause. If the body was already dead from say a gunshot wound, a zombie eating it wouldn't cause its death and therefore the dead person wouldn't turn into a zombie, roaming about to create more zombies. It would be a waste of a good nom.

Those killed by or infected by zombies in turn into zombies themselves.

The zombies are usually bestial, motivated by a need to consume living humans or at least fulfill an imperative to retransmit an infection by biting or clawing their victims.

Zombie Apocalypse

Note to self: don't read this thread while eating your morning oatmeal.

Yeah no kiddin'. Why didn't he shoot him in the head. No, he wounds him then gets into a tussle that wastes precious seconds then he watches his buddy get eaten allive. Geez.
Who's writing this season's scripts anyway.
A bullet to the head would leave a hole in the skull. If Otis' wife insisted on recovering his remains for burial, Shane's act would be discovered.

I kinda figured Shane had winged Otis. He looked awful damn guilty up until the revelation.

Hmmmmmm ... who in their right mind would venture out into Dead country to look for the remains of a family member who had been eaten? Not me. And lets remember that Otis was a whole lotta man and the group of zombies was rather large. I'd say they feasted on him for quite awhile.

>>>>

I think a live person would definently attract more attention though, if Shane had blasted Otis in the head and his body just flopped to the ground, I think some walkers would probably have eaten Otis but at the same time I think some of the walkers would have still went after Shane because he would still be moving while Otis would be laying on the ground not moving, the walkers seem more attracted to moving things that make noise than to dead things.

Thinking back to the first season .... remember when Rick and Shane ( if memory serves ) covered themselves with zombie guts to hide the smell of their living flesh? Too bad Shane and Otis didn't think of that. But then again, did they have time?

>>>>

Thinking back to the first season .... remember when Rick and Shane ( if memory serves ) covered themselves with zombie guts to hide the smell of their living flesh? Too bad Shane and Otis didn't think of that. But then again, did they have time?

They didn't have the time those guys were being chased by walkers as soon as they got out of the trailer, plus I don't think Shane even knew you could do that, he was not with Glen and Rick when they pulled that off in Atlanta.

Right! It was Rick and Glen before they connected with the group.

Why the hell isn't this information communicated?!?

Who knows? theres always stuff going on plus when Rick got back to the group and re-united with his wife and son I think they forgot to mention it plus they were getting focused on going back to get Earl.

(1) They search for Sophia and finally find her. She is up in a tree (or trapped in a room) surrounded by walkers. She is hungry and dehydrated, but they save her in time.
(2) Rick goes back to recover his gun. Find some interesting clues of what happened, such as Shane's hair and what appears to be a bullet near Otis served leg. But Rick doesn't understand them at the time.
(3) Glenn and Maggie (the country girl daughter) start to form a bond and budding romance.
(4) Shane starts cracking under the guilt and admits what he did to Lori.
(5) Sophia's mother gets bitten, but gets to see her daughter one last time
(6) The group leaves the farm

(1) They search for Sophia and finally find her. She is up in a tree (or trapped in a room) surrounded by walkers. She is hungry and dehydrated, but they save her in time.
(2) Rick goes back to recover his gun. Find some interesting clues of what happened, such as Shane's hair and what appears to be a bullet near Otis served leg. But Rick doesn't understand them at the time.
(3) Glenn and Maggie (the country girl daughter) start to form a bond and budding romance.

I don't know if they find the girl they are making this show too wishy washy, Shane getting back just in the nick of time with the supplies to save Carl was stretching it, there is no way a 12 year old girl could survive days in the woods with walkers all around.

I don't know if they find the girl they are making this show too wishy washy, Shane getting back just in the nick of time with the supplies to save Carl was stretching it, there is no way a 12 year old girl could survive days in the woods with walkers all around.

Which leads to a question I have ....

What makes the group in the farm house feel so safe? They are like a beacon in the night, sitting around chit chatting like everything is right in the world. Are they not concerned that a walker may venture onto the farm?

What makes the group in the farm house feel so safe? They are like a beacon in the night, sitting around chit chatting like everything is right in the world. Are they not concerned that a walker may venture onto the farm?

That is a good question, all it would take is a few walkers to come up in there and fuck everything up, they don't seem particularly well armed up in there either.

It's the "chit-chat" that protects them: Any walker that comes within hearing distance of The Farm will have its head explode from boredom.

I just watched the last episode, where each character (including the PC mix of Asian, Black, and Blonde) must explain their angst in detail to every other character between eluding zombies that are always on the opposite side of a chain link fence.

It's the "chit-chat" that protects them: Any walker that comes within hearing distance of The Farm will have its head explode from boredom.

I just watched the last episode, where each character (including the PC mix of Asian, Black, and Blonde) must explain their angst in detail to every other character between eluding zombies that are always on the opposite side of a chain link fence.

:lol:

Forum List

Back